• Group: Game alts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:14 PM

View PostTrake, on 10 March 2017 - 04:10 PM, said:

View PostSerc, on 10 March 2017 - 04:08 PM, said:

View PostPath-Shaper, on 02 March 2017 - 06:43 PM, said:

Cast

Veronica Day
The Town Gossip

If there's one thing that the rash of murders and dark rituals from a few years back did, it was make gossip in Innsmouth VERY interesting, and Veronica Day was always a hub of information during those dark times. Now that the Brotherhood of the Beast has moved into town, things are starting to get shaken up again. Veronica loves the drama, and doesn't hesitate to let anyone know anything she may know!

The role description leads me to believe Gamelon's reveal over that of Hanas since the role flavor describes Veronica dealing in information. Beyond that, there is another Character Role that seems more likely to me to have the ability to create lover conversations:

View PostPath-Shaper, on 02 March 2017 - 06:43 PM, said:

Cast
Anastacia Beatrice Penelope Wyndhamm III
The Debutante

A debutante from one of the most important families in the fisheries business up north, she is here to spend he last summer before university at her parents' estate on the edge of Innsmouth. She is kind of oblivious to what's going on in the town, but she has certainly noticed the string of bad boys coming through, and if there's anything that she loves more than a bad boy, she doesn't know what it is!

Thanks for posting these here. Yes, now that I've read them again, I concur. The 'hub of information' bit sounds more like a finder than a lover connection maker.

The other line that really stands out to me as far as Veronica goes is the one about how "doesn't hesitate to let anyone know anything she may know." That may be flavor, but it may also be why Gamelon posted the information right out of the gate this morning.

#382 User is offline   Alkend 

• Lieutenant

Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:19 PM

I'm the debutante.

I don't think we're gaining much right now from debating over who might or might not have been recruited. First, with both leaders alive we don't gain anything from lynching recruits. Second, a cult has as much interest as we do in getting a rival leader, so the numbers are still not an issue.

I'm still thinking that we already lost the Finder, so I'm leaning towards Gamelon as one recruiter and possibly IE as the other. Need to go offline for a couple of hours - when I'm back I'll do a read on Hanas and decide.

#383 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:29 PM

remove vote

Some interesting back and forth's here. Figuring out who to trust is a ball ache. Like as an example, Serc was town but he may have been recruited. So I am unsure how to process the information he gives.

So from my point of view I have to look at what Hanas is saying and what Gamelon is saying and make up my own mind on which to believe. Not listen to other's who may have been recruited to sway me elsewhere.

#384 User is offline   Serc 

• Recruit

Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:38 PM

View PostOkaros, on 10 March 2017 - 04:29 PM, said:

remove vote

Some interesting back and forth's here. Figuring out who to trust is a ball ache. Like as an example, Serc was town but he may have been recruited. So I am unsure how to process the information he gives.

So from my point of view I have to look at what Hanas is saying and what Gamelon is saying and make up my own mind on which to believe. Not listen to other's who may have been recruited to sway me elsewhere.

I agree with you here. I'll put out two things that will help clear me up a bit more in your eyes for today at least I hope.

1- Don't listen to what I'm saying, look at the role descriptions and decide how the interplay between the two of them is coming out for yourself.

2- I gain a second kill upon being recruited. By revealing this, I present myself as a tempting recruit to line up beside a potential Coroner or Finder.

#385 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:41 PM

Straight up info dump. No explanation, lets us discuss it first. Sees what Hanas says and comes back.

View PostGamelon, on 10 March 2017 - 04:57 AM, said:

Hanas is a recruiter, Kaschan isn't
vote Hanas
Good night.

Points out he is a finder, does not know what private investigator did, target is recruiter or recruited?

View PostGamelon, on 10 March 2017 - 12:25 PM, said:

Simple. I'm a finder. Dunno what the PI's role was, but that's mine. I'm told if my target is a recruiter or not.

Day 1 I was suspicious of Kas, as you can see if you go back that far. He came back negative.

Yesterday I put in a find on Hanas (for meta reasons), and it came back as a recruiter.

With the WCS numbers being 5:3:2, I figured I didn't have long before I could be recruited, so no point in hiding info that can help town now. If I get recruited, there's still a 1/5 chance of getting the other leader tomorrow.

I'm running off to work, more in about 90 min

Very simple, and elegant. I would follow his vote here as we would normally test a finder reveal by lynching the result.

View PostGamelon, on 10 March 2017 - 02:03 PM, said:

I did not use my name since I assumed that'd be modkillable (y'know, it being part of the role PM and all). You'll notice that Okaros and Serc didn't name themselves either. But PS now tells m it's ok.

If you want my name... well, you're very clever, using my name, Hanas. Only in the lovely list of roles PS gave us there's no description of "make lover connections with others"

Of course, I know another piece of info about the set-up (it comes from what my role changes to if I'm recruited), but town is best off lynching me rather than having the recruiters hear it.

In fact, if we still have a vig, i'd suggest they use it on me tonight. Me being dead is much worse for cult than for the town.

When I revealed I did not put my name out there, just did not occur to me to do so. Serc did not either.

View PostGamelon, on 10 March 2017 - 02:05 PM, said:

Simple. I'm a finder. Dunno what the PI's role was, but that's mine. I'm told if my target is a recruiter or not.

Day 1 I was suspicious of Kas, as you can see if you go back that far. He came back negative.

Yesterday I put in a find on Hanas (for meta reasons), and it came back as a recruiter.

With the WCS numbers being 5:3:2, I figured I didn't have long before I could be recruited, so no point in hiding info that can help town now. If I get recruited, there's still a 1/5 chance of getting the other leader tomorrow.

Oh, and my math is wrong here.

WCS, it's 4:3:2 right now.

And if we lynch Gamelon, we have 1/4 to pick the other recruiter.

I blame not having had any caffeine yet. Gonna go rectify that now.

This slip suggests he is a recruiter and he is going to try lynch the other who he suspects is Hanas.

View PostGamelon, on 10 March 2017 - 02:14 PM, said:

View PostOkaros, on 10 March 2017 - 02:06 PM, said:

I did not use my name since I assumed that'd be modkillable (y'know, it being part of the role PM and all). You'll notice that Okaros and Serc didn't name themselves either. But PS now tells m it's ok.

If you want my name... well, you're very clever, using my name, Hanas. Only in the lovely list of roles PS gave us there's no description of "make lover connections with others"

Of course, I know another piece of info about the set-up (it comes from what my role changes to if I'm recruited), but town is best off lynching me rather than having the recruiters hear it.

In fact, if we still have a vig, i'd suggest they use it on me tonight. Me being dead is much worse for cult than for the town.

How would Hanas know your name? That is a bit of a stretch

He didn't know it. He tried to come up with a BS reveal that no one would be likely to counter. Nevertheless, I am in fact counterclaiming as the town gossip. It makes sense that the town gossip would be the most one, I guess (well, to Blend, at least)

As for the "slip", you're an idiot if you actually believe that's a scum slip.

Okay, off to get tea now. I've been awake for 2.5 hours with no caffeine and it shows.

Here he claims the same name as Hanas. His role is revealed differently to how Hanas revealed his.

View PostGamelon, on 10 March 2017 - 02:31 PM, said:

I've been staring at a kettle for 5 minutes before I realized it wasn't on (this one doesn't have a light on it). Fuck me, I'm not a morning person.

That being said, in the grand scheme of things, if you do lynch me know, then the recruiters are pretty fucked b/c they don't take advantage of gossip girl's passive ability, which is good. And my CF will point the 2 remaining town to lynch Hanas.

Mind, at that point it'll be highly numerically unlikely for town to win (unless Hanas' recruits will revert to town, but I wouldn't count on that).

But, as far as doing my best to help town win, I'll feel fairly satisfied with either outcome, as long as either me or Hanas are lynched today.

View PostGamelon, on 10 March 2017 - 03:17 PM, said:

Out of the 4 remaining suspects (Alkend, IE, Mockra, Trake), alkend's been the most reasonable and consistent. Trake, if recruiter would be playing very similar to Hanas, not sure what are the odds of both recruiters adopting same strategy.

IE and Mockra both suspicious, but IE is rushing less. When he was scum (symp) in the past, he was more decisive with voting.

It's a toss-up b/w Mockra and Trake for 2nd recruiter for me atm.

Those are my thoughts, gotta go do some work now, but I'll be refreshing sporadically.

It is pretty imperative that cult doesn't get me, so I'm okay with dying. If I survive to Day4, unless someone is willing to claim they stopped my recruit, you obv. should have treat everything I say with a major grain of salt.

If both me and Hanas survive somehow, it'd be a disastrous clusterfuck. Y'all gotta remove one of us.

It is possible that Gamelon could be the finder and be recruited. That way we wouldn't know his leader but he gives up the other cult.

#386 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:46 PM

View PostHanas, on 10 March 2017 - 08:33 AM, said:

vote Hanas

Good night.

WTF? I'm not a recruiter. I'm Veronica Day, the Town Gossip. Every night I can choose a player to have off-thread comms with the next day. Dunno where Gamelon is getting his info from, but it is NOT legit.

You see I may have believed this IF he picked someone alive to verify what he said BUT we already have potential lovers in the game with off thread comms, and I just don't see how his "role" would help town.

#387 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:48 PM

View PostAlkend, on 10 March 2017 - 04:19 PM, said:

I'm the debutante.

I don't think we're gaining much right now from debating over who might or might not have been recruited. First, with both leaders alive we don't gain anything from lynching recruits. Second, a cult has as much interest as we do in getting a rival leader, so the numbers are still not an issue.

I'm still thinking that we already lost the Finder, so I'm leaning towards Gamelon as one recruiter and possibly IE as the other. Need to go offline for a couple of hours - when I'm back I'll do a read on Hanas and decide.

If no one counters this, it narrows my suspect list for other recruiter to 3.

#388 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:50 PM

We lost a finder if we lynch gamelon and he is telling the truth yet we lose nothing if we lynch Hanas and he was telling the truth.

#389 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:51 PM

I will look in again later.

#390 User is offline   Trake 

• Recruit

Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:52 PM

View PostOkaros, on 10 March 2017 - 04:50 PM, said:

We lost a finder if we lynch gamelon and he is telling the truth yet we lose nothing if we lynch Hanas and he was telling the truth.

Yeah, I think I agree.

Vote Hanas

#391 User is offline   Mockra 

• Recruit

Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:55 PM

View PostOkaros, on 10 March 2017 - 04:41 PM, said:

Straight up info dump. No explanation, lets us discuss it first. Sees what Hanas says and comes back.

vote Hanas
Good night.

Points out he is a finder, does not know what private investigator did, target is recruiter or recruited?

Very simple, and elegant. I would follow his vote here as we would normally test a finder reveal by lynching the result.

When I revealed I did not put my name out there, just did not occur to me to do so. Serc did not either.

This slip suggests he is a recruiter and he is going to try lynch the other who he suspects is Hanas.

He didn't know it. He tried to come up with a BS reveal that no one would be likely to counter. Nevertheless, I am in fact counterclaiming as the town gossip. It makes sense that the town gossip would be the most one, I guess (well, to Blend, at least)

Okay, off to get tea now. I've been awake for 2.5 hours with no caffeine and it shows.

Here he claims the same name as Hanas. His role is revealed differently to how Hanas revealed his.

I've been staring at a kettle for 5 minutes before I realized it wasn't on (this one doesn't have a light on it). Fuck me, I'm not a morning person.

That being said, in the grand scheme of things, if you do lynch me know, then the recruiters are pretty fucked b/c they don't take advantage of gossip girl's passive ability, which is good. And my CF will point the 2 remaining town to lynch Hanas.

Mind, at that point it'll be highly numerically unlikely for town to win (unless Hanas' recruits will revert to town, but I wouldn't count on that).

But, as far as doing my best to help town win, I'll feel fairly satisfied with either outcome, as long as either me or Hanas are lynched today.

Out of the 4 remaining suspects (Alkend, IE, Mockra, Trake), alkend's been the most reasonable and consistent. Trake, if recruiter would be playing very similar to Hanas, not sure what are the odds of both recruiters adopting same strategy.

IE and Mockra both suspicious, but IE is rushing less. When he was scum (symp) in the past, he was more decisive with voting.

Those are my thoughts, gotta go do some work now, but I'll be refreshing sporadically.

It is pretty imperative that cult doesn't get me, so I'm okay with dying. If I survive to Day4, unless someone is willing to claim they stopped my recruit, you obv. should have treat everything I say with a major grain of salt.

If both me and Hanas survive somehow, it'd be a disastrous clusterfuck. Y'all gotta remove one of us.

It is possible that Gamelon could be the finder and be recruited. That way we wouldn't know his leader but he gives up the other cult.

First of all, I feel like Gamelon was trying to be too vague in not using his name. And second, that slip of his where he says "
" is damned weird. Something is 100% not right about him talking about himself in the 3rd person and getting the "other" recruiter. I had my suspicions yesterday, and these posts just confirmed that for me.

#392 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:57 PM

View PostOkaros, on 10 March 2017 - 04:50 PM, said:

Realistically, I'm highly likely to be recruited over night (so you should not rely on me after tomorrow). But you'll nail a recruiter, and the other one will be one of the 3 I named, so I feel it's a fair trade.

#393 User is offline   Serc 

• Recruit

Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:57 PM

Alright, I'll join. I do believe Gamelon to be legit here, and I feel that Alkend is trying to push against a Hanas vote. Now Mockra as well. That lines up with two recruits in my eyes.

Vote Hanas

#394 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 10 March 2017 - 05:02 PM

View PostMockra, on 10 March 2017 - 04:55 PM, said:

View PostOkaros, on 10 March 2017 - 04:41 PM, said:

vote Hanas
Good night.

First of all, I feel like Gamelon was trying to be too vague in not using his name. And second, that slip of his where he says "
" is damned weird. Something is 100% not right about him talking about himself in the 3rd person and getting the "other" recruiter. I had my suspicions yesterday, and these posts just confirmed that for me.

Last cult game we had was Buffy where revealing names was a big no-no. In this game, prior to Hanas both Okaros and Serc didn't give character names. So I did alt either. I actually asked PS if I'd be modkilled if I did, since I was gonna use that argument against Hanas (he fake revealed, b/c if it was his real char he'd be modkilled), but then I was told name reveal is ok, so I used it.

The other "slip" ... yeah, I got nothing for you except I addled from no tea, and I saw the word "gamelon" too many times in prior posts. Not gonna make any fancy excuses.

Besides, you're my top suspect for other recruiter, so not much else to say to you

#395 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 10 March 2017 - 05:09 PM

Ideally, if there's an NK, it should be used on me, to ensure the second recruiter doesn't get to use my other set of skills.

#396 User is offline   Serc 

• Recruit

Posted 10 March 2017 - 05:17 PM

View PostGamelon, on 10 March 2017 - 05:09 PM, said:

Ideally, if there's an NK, it should be used on me, to ensure the second recruiter doesn't get to use my other set of skills.

Now now Gam, I'm the one that's usually unreasonably suicidal around here...

#397 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 10 March 2017 - 05:24 PM

View PostSerc, on 10 March 2017 - 05:17 PM, said:

View PostGamelon, on 10 March 2017 - 05:09 PM, said:

Now now Gam, I'm the one that's usually unreasonably suicidal around here...

I don't like being the important one, :cat: :p

But this time it looks like I am.

#398 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 10 March 2017 - 05:55 PM

It is Day 3. 20 hours and 47 minutes remaining

9 Players still alive: Alkend, Gamelon, Hanas, Iparth Erule, Kaschan, Mockra, Okaros, Serc, Trake

5 votes to lynch, 5 votes to go to night.

3 Votes for Hanas ( Gamelon, Trake, Serc )
2 Votes for Gamelon ( Hanas, Mockra )

Players not voted: Alkend, Iparth Erule, Kaschan, Okaros
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#399 User is offline   Hanas 

• Recruit

Posted 10 March 2017 - 07:12 PM

View PostTrake, on 10 March 2017 - 04:08 PM, said:

I don't believe that you are a recruiter, Gamelon. The way you came out with the info when day started does not seem to me at all like something a recruiter might do.

However, that doesn't preclude you having been already recruited, and this being some other kind of play. The way you revealed your role was suspect. Though Hanas is hardly better in that respect. I'm not sure yet what to make of your seeming resignation to your fate. It's notable perhaps that Hanas, I don't think, has said anything similar.

I don't believe in resignation in Mafia. You'll never see me say "just lynch me" - not how I roll. Plus this role isn't as valuable as Gamelon is claiming it to be - if I were to be recruited I just get off-thread comms with the associated cult leader.

So our options boil down to a few scenarios:

Lynch Gamelon, who turns out to be a finder, and then lynch Hanas (should, I think, still be doable, even in WCS).

Or our lynch today turns out to have hit a recruiter (either Gamelon or Hanas, though out of the two I see Hanas as more likely), and then, if we've lynched Hanas, mull over whether we should lynch Gamelon because he keeps repeating that it would be really bad for him to be recruited. Hanas describes his purported role quite differently, so they might be left in the same way Okaros and Serc have been, if Gamelon does indeed turn out to have been a recruiter.

Or we lynch Gamelon, who turns out to have been recruited by a cult, and then mull over what the fuck that means.

Which role reveal seems more likely? Hanas' description is more in line with how I would have imagined the role, given that there was already someone who sounded like a finder. At the same time, however, their explanation for a lack of proof for their role sounds like classic scummy bullshit. I'm going to read the role descriptions again.

For me right now, Hanas is either recruiter or town or recruited. But Gamelon is either town or recruited, but unlikely to be a recruiter because of their initial speedy info reveal. So Hanas is 67% probability of cult of some kind, and Gamelon 50%.

You are ascribing equal probability to all the possible states there, which seems a bit flawed. I don't think it follows that I am equally as likely to be leader, recruit or town from what you've said, right?

#400 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 10 March 2017 - 07:18 PM

View PostHanas, on 10 March 2017 - 07:12 PM, said:

I don't believe that you are a recruiter, Gamelon. The way you came out with the info when day started does not seem to me at all like something a recruiter might do.

However, that doesn't preclude you having been already recruited, and this being some other kind of play. The way you revealed your role was suspect. Though Hanas is hardly better in that respect. I'm not sure yet what to make of your seeming resignation to your fate. It's notable perhaps that Hanas, I don't think, has said anything similar.

I don't believe in resignation in Mafia. You'll never see me say "just lynch me" - not how I roll. Plus this role isn't as valuable as Gamelon is claiming it to be - if I were to be recruited I just get off-thread comms with the associated cult leader.

So our options boil down to a few scenarios:

Lynch Gamelon, who turns out to be a finder, and then lynch Hanas (should, I think, still be doable, even in WCS).

Or our lynch today turns out to have hit a recruiter (either Gamelon or Hanas, though out of the two I see Hanas as more likely), and then, if we've lynched Hanas, mull over whether we should lynch Gamelon because he keeps repeating that it would be really bad for him to be recruited. Hanas describes his purported role quite differently, so they might be left in the same way Okaros and Serc have been, if Gamelon does indeed turn out to have been a recruiter.

Or we lynch Gamelon, who turns out to have been recruited by a cult, and then mull over what the fuck that means.

Which role reveal seems more likely? Hanas' description is more in line with how I would have imagined the role, given that there was already someone who sounded like a finder. At the same time, however, their explanation for a lack of proof for their role sounds like classic scummy bullshit. I'm going to read the role descriptions again.

For me right now, Hanas is either recruiter or town or recruited. But Gamelon is either town or recruited, but unlikely to be a recruiter because of their initial speedy info reveal. So Hanas is 67% probability of cult of some kind, and Gamelon 50%.

You are ascribing equal probability to all the possible states there, which seems a bit flawed. I don't think it follows that I am equally as likely to be leader, recruit or town from what you've said, right?

Your ignorance as to the extent of the gossip girl's role is amusing.

I expect to have a good laugh reading for this game.

Share this topic:

• 30 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

10 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users