Ummmm that does look like a slip.

vote Gamelon

#362 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:14 PM

View PostOkaros, on 10 March 2017 - 02:06 PM, said:

View PostGamelon, on 10 March 2017 - 02:03 PM, said:

I did not use my name since I assumed that'd be modkillable (y'know, it being part of the role PM and all). You'll notice that Okaros and Serc didn't name themselves either. But PS now tells m it's ok.

If you want my name... well, you're very clever, using my name, Hanas. Only in the lovely list of roles PS gave us there's no description of "make lover connections with others"

Of course, I know another piece of info about the set-up (it comes from what my role changes to if I'm recruited), but town is best off lynching me rather than having the recruiters hear it.

In fact, if we still have a vig, i'd suggest they use it on me tonight. Me being dead is much worse for cult than for the town.

How would Hanas know your name? That is a bit of a stretch

He didn't know it. He tried to come up with a BS reveal that no one would be likely to counter. Nevertheless, I am in fact counterclaiming as the town gossip. It makes sense that the town gossip would be the most one, I guess (well, to Blend, at least)

As for the "slip", you're an idiot if you actually believe that's a scum slip.

Okay, off to get tea now. I've been awake for 2.5 hours with no caffeine and it shows.

#363 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:15 PM

It is Day 3. 24 hours and 26 minutes remaining

9 Players still alive: Alkend, Gamelon, Hanas, Iparth Erule, Kaschan, Mockra, Okaros, Serc, Trake

5 votes to lynch, 5 votes to go to night.

2 Votes for Mockra ( Mockra, Gamelon )
2 Votes for Gamelon ( Hanas, Okaros )

Players not voted: Alkend, Iparth Erule, Kaschan, Serc, Trake
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#364 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:16 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on 10 March 2017 - 02:15 PM, said:

9 Players still alive: Alkend, Gamelon, Hanas, Iparth Erule, Kaschan, Mockra, Okaros, Serc, Trake

Mockra voting for Mockra?

#365 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:20 PM

View PostOkaros, on 10 March 2017 - 02:16 PM, said:

View PostPath-Shaper, on 10 March 2017 - 02:15 PM, said:

Mockra voting for Mockra?

Sorry!

It is Day 3. 24 hours and 22 minutes remaining

1 Vote for Mockra ( Gamelon )
3 Votes for Gamelon ( Hanas, Okaros, Mockra )

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#366 User is offline   Alkend 

• Lieutenant

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:29 PM

Ooh, that's getting interesting. It's awfully convenient that Hanas names two people who would obviously not provide any proof, but Gamelon claiming the same role as Hanas after trying to omit the role name before is an even further stretch. And yeah, call me an idiot, but it does look slippery af what you did there.

Gamelon is a reasonable choice atm, but I won't vote before a full re-read and that's still a few hours away.

#367 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:29 PM

Gamelon is voting Hanas. Sorry PS.

#368 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:31 PM

I've been staring at a kettle for 5 minutes before I realized it wasn't on (this one doesn't have a light on it). Fuck me, I'm not a morning person.

That being said, in the grand scheme of things, if you do lynch me know, then the recruiters are pretty fucked b/c they don't take advantage of gossip girl's passive ability, which is good. And my CF will point the 2 remaining town to lynch Hanas.

Mind, at that point it'll be highly numerically unlikely for town to win (unless Hanas' recruits will revert to town, but I wouldn't count on that).

But, as far as doing my best to help town win, I'll feel fairly satisfied with either outcome, as long as either me or Hanas are lynched today.

#369 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:45 PM

Alright, sorry about the mess ups with the votes this morning folks. I had to get up an hour and a half earlier than usual for work this morning, and apparently it's showing!

It is Day 3. 23 hours and 56 minutes remaining

1 Vote for Hanas ( Gamelon )
3 Votes for Gamelon ( Hanas, Okaros, Mockra )

#370 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 10 March 2017 - 03:17 PM

Out of the 4 remaining suspects (Alkend, IE, Mockra, Trake), alkend's been the most reasonable and consistent. Trake, if recruiter would be playing very similar to Hanas, not sure what are the odds of both recruiters adopting same strategy.

IE and Mockra both suspicious, but IE is rushing less. When he was scum (symp) in the past, he was more decisive with voting.

It's a toss-up b/w Mockra and Trake for 2nd recruiter for me atm.

Those are my thoughts, gotta go do some work now, but I'll be refreshing sporadically.

It is pretty imperative that cult doesn't get me, so I'm okay with dying. If I survive to Day4, unless someone is willing to claim they stopped my recruit, you obv. should have treat everything I say with a major grain of salt.

If both me and Hanas survive somehow, it'd be a disastrous clusterfuck. Y'all gotta remove one of us.

#371 User is offline   Serc 

• Recruit

Posted 10 March 2017 - 03:21 PM

View PostAlkend, on 10 March 2017 - 10:19 AM, said:

That WCS math is dubious, because it assumes always successful recruits always from the town pool. If we decide to tag along with one cult based on that, we might be making a big mistake - because the other cult might not, in fact, be much stronger.

Well yes that IS what a WCS for town is supposed to be, right? The Worst Case Scenario...

#372 User is offline   Alkend 

• Lieutenant

Posted 10 March 2017 - 03:30 PM

It doesn't work like that with 2 recruiting factions. Simple substraction works well for town v scum games. I always play based on WCS myself, because when you're inevitably dropping players every D and N, it's just a safe assumption to make. But in a game with close to none kills and players changing teams every Night, WCS math is just misleading.

#373 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 10 March 2017 - 03:38 PM

Your WCS is still that your own team is shedding players every night. Yes, as the cults grow, the chances of similar picks increase. But a the start, at least, it's safe to assume that each recruiter is successfully diminishing town.

From where I'm standing, if I survive to tomorrow, there should be a 50% chance I'll be recruited. If you lynch me, town might be down to 1 by tomorrow. Hopefully not, but I wasn't gonna go withholding important info just because "situation might not be that bad yet" .

#374 User is offline   Serc 

• Recruit

Posted 10 March 2017 - 03:54 PM

View PostAlkend, on 10 March 2017 - 03:30 PM, said:

It doesn't work like that with 2 recruiting factions. Simple substraction works well for town v scum games. I always play based on WCS myself, because when you're inevitably dropping players every D and N, it's just a safe assumption to make. But in a game with close to none kills and players changing teams every Night, WCS math is just misleading.

Except that we know that the Recruiters could have each made 1 recruit each night - anything more powerful than that and the game would be straight up broken and unwinnable for town. With that in consideration, WCS for town is that they've been recruiting from the town pool successfully and not squabbling with one another. That gives four recruits, and one dead PI. Since we lynched one of Obed's recruits he at most has one. That's simple math man.

Yes, it's possible that other shenanigans may have happened overnight that I can't see. They COULD have been squabbling with one another. I want to win as town however. This means assuming the WCS for my faction. If you're resisting a concept as simple and straightforward as this, I see no reason to believe that you are not Cult at this point. Also, likely Beast at that.

#375 User is offline   Serc 

• Recruit

Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:00 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on 02 March 2017 - 06:43 PM, said:

Cast

Veronica Day
The Town Gossip

If there's one thing that the rash of murders and dark rituals from a few years back did, it was make gossip in Innsmouth VERY interesting, and Veronica Day was always a hub of information during those dark times. Now that the Brotherhood of the Beast has moved into town, things are starting to get shaken up again. Veronica loves the drama, and doesn't hesitate to let anyone know anything she may know!

#376 User is offline   Alkend 

• Lieutenant

Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:03 PM

You're so preoccupied with simple math that simple logic escapes you.

You suggested we should team up with the cult that got hit against the cult that didn't. This is nonsensical and harmful to town. We need to lynch a recruiter, it doesn't matter which one because we don't know if one of them has the advantage in numbers.

So stop getting worked up about what is or isn't WCS - with 2 recruiting factions there is no one definitive WCS - and just focus on nailing a cult leader.

#377 User is offline   Serc 

• Recruit

Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:08 PM

Cast

Veronica Day
The Town Gossip

If there's one thing that the rash of murders and dark rituals from a few years back did, it was make gossip in Innsmouth VERY interesting, and Veronica Day was always a hub of information during those dark times. Now that the Brotherhood of the Beast has moved into town, things are starting to get shaken up again. Veronica loves the drama, and doesn't hesitate to let anyone know anything she may know!

The role description leads me to believe Gamelon's reveal over that of Hanas since the role flavor describes Veronica dealing in information. Beyond that, there is another Character Role that seems more likely to me to have the ability to create lover conversations:

Cast
Anastacia Beatrice Penelope Wyndhamm III
The Debutante

A debutante from one of the most important families in the fisheries business up north, she is here to spend he last summer before university at her parents' estate on the edge of Innsmouth. She is kind of oblivious to what's going on in the town, but she has certainly noticed the string of bad boys coming through, and if there's anything that she loves more than a bad boy, she doesn't know what it is!

#378 User is offline   Trake 

• Recruit

Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:08 PM

I don't believe that you are a recruiter, Gamelon. The way you came out with the info when day started does not seem to me at all like something a recruiter might do.

However, that doesn't preclude you having been already recruited, and this being some other kind of play. The way you revealed your role was suspect. Though Hanas is hardly better in that respect. I'm not sure yet what to make of your seeming resignation to your fate. It's notable perhaps that Hanas, I don't think, has said anything similar.

So our options boil down to a few scenarios:

Lynch Gamelon, who turns out to be a finder, and then lynch Hanas (should, I think, still be doable, even in WCS).

Or our lynch today turns out to have hit a recruiter (either Gamelon or Hanas, though out of the two I see Hanas as more likely), and then, if we've lynched Hanas, mull over whether we should lynch Gamelon because he keeps repeating that it would be really bad for him to be recruited. Hanas describes his purported role quite differently, so they might be left in the same way Okaros and Serc have been, if Gamelon does indeed turn out to have been a recruiter.

Or we lynch Gamelon, who turns out to have been recruited by a cult, and then mull over what the fuck that means.

Which role reveal seems more likely? Hanas' description is more in line with how I would have imagined the role, given that there was already someone who sounded like a finder. At the same time, however, their explanation for a lack of proof for their role sounds like classic scummy bullshit. I'm going to read the role descriptions again.

For me right now, Hanas is either recruiter or town or recruited. But Gamelon is either town or recruited, but unlikely to be a recruiter because of their initial speedy info reveal. So Hanas is 67% probability of cult of some kind, and Gamelon 50%.

#379 User is offline   Serc 

• Recruit

Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:09 PM

View PostAlkend, on 10 March 2017 - 04:03 PM, said:

You're so preoccupied with simple math that simple logic escapes you.

You suggested we should team up with the cult that got hit against the cult that didn't. This is nonsensical and harmful to town. We need to lynch a recruiter, it doesn't matter which one because we don't know if one of them has the advantage in numbers.

So stop getting worked up about what is or isn't WCS - with 2 recruiting factions there is no one definitive WCS - and just focus on nailing a cult leader.

Except that logic dictates that the Cult that has lost a member to lynching will be smaller than the one that hasn't. :cat:

#380 User is offline   Trake 

• Recruit

Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:10 PM

View PostSerc, on 10 March 2017 - 04:08 PM, said:

Cast

Veronica Day
The Town Gossip

The role description leads me to believe Gamelon's reveal over that of Hanas since the role flavor describes Veronica dealing in information. Beyond that, there is another Character Role that seems more likely to me to have the ability to create lover conversations:

Cast
Anastacia Beatrice Penelope Wyndhamm III
The Debutante

A debutante from one of the most important families in the fisheries business up north, she is here to spend he last summer before university at her parents' estate on the edge of Innsmouth. She is kind of oblivious to what's going on in the town, but she has certainly noticed the string of bad boys coming through, and if there's anything that she loves more than a bad boy, she doesn't know what it is!

Thanks for posting these here. Yes, now that I've read them again, I concur. The 'hub of information' bit sounds more like a finder than a lover connection maker.

Share this topic:

• 30 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

16 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users