Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:57 AM

View PostTrake, on 10 March 2017 - 10:07 AM, said:

View PostOkaros, on 10 March 2017 - 08:57 AM, said:

View PostHanas, on 10 March 2017 - 08:33 AM, said:

View PostGamelon, on 10 March 2017 - 04:57 AM, said:

Hanas is a recruiter, Kaschan isn't

vote Hanas

Good night.

WTF? I'm not a recruiter. I'm Veronica Day, the Town Gossip. Every night I can choose a player to have off-thread comms with the next day. Dunno where Gamelon is getting his info from, but it is NOT legit.

Which 3 players have you had off thread comms with?

Would it not be 2 players? How much are we betting that at least one is dead :cat:

I'm definitely of the opinion of giving this one time, I think there's more to come out from both Hanas and Gamelon. With the investigator dead, it's uncertain to me how Gamelon came to have their info. At the same time I don't particularly trust Hanas' reveal either.

Well I was hoping to trip him up a little.

I think the only way Gamelon gives up Hanas (as a recruiter) is by defecting to the other cult. Hence knowing who his previous leader was.

#342 User is offline   Hanas 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 12:08 PM

OK, so here's what happened.

My action is an NA. That means Day 1 I couldn't talk to anyone.

Night 1 I opened a connection with Bek Okhan. I chose BO quite early in the day because I was curious about their play and their hints about being roled. When I saw there was a chance he might be lynched, I added a backup of Fanderay (which would not have gone well!).

Day 2 I was talking with BO. He was pretty cagey about revealing information about his role, so I didn't find out very much useful. But I didn't get a recruiter vibe from him so I tried to push the thread away from lynching him. Turns out he was Cult anyway (something I was not expecting when I saw the CF!), but he wasn't a recruiter so I feel at least a little bit vindicated in my instincts.

Now, here's the interesting bit: Night 2 I opened a connection to Gamelon! (I wish I'd opened it to someone else so he could corroborate my story...). He had been sliding through without much attention on him and I hoped I could get a better read with off-thread comms. I was certainly not expecting a shitstorm like this to break out as a result - I didn't even have a chance to send him anything before he was accusing me on thread.

Sadly there's not very much there that can corroborate my story (since I highly doubt Gamelon is going to back me up here). But it's all I've got.

#343 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 10 March 2017 - 12:18 PM

I was going to say we could give you a day to prove yourself by opening up a link with someone else but if you are a recruiter you'd just recruit them

Nah, no one can verify what you say. I still want to hear more from Gamelon but for now

Vote Hanas

#344 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 10 March 2017 - 12:19 PM

remove vote

I do want to see how Gamelon knows you are cult.

#345 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 10 March 2017 - 12:25 PM

Simple. I'm a finder. Dunno what the PI's role was, but that's mine. I'm told if my target is a recruiter or not.

Day 1 I was suspicious of Kas, as you can see if you go back that far. He came back negative.

Yesterday I put in a find on Hanas (for meta reasons), and it came back as a recruiter.

With the WCS numbers being 5:3:2, I figured I didn't have long before I could be recruited, so no point in hiding info that can help town now. If I get recruited, there's still a 1/5 chance of getting the other leader tomorrow.

I'm running off to work, more in about 90 min

#346 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 10 March 2017 - 12:29 PM

Okay so time to test the finder reveal, it is more solid than that of what Hanas is saying. If he comes back negative I would be looking at Gamelon as the recruiter.

#347 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 10 March 2017 - 12:30 PM

Vote Hanas

#348 User is offline   Iparth Erule 

• Recruit

Posted 10 March 2017 - 12:39 PM

View PostOkaros, on 10 March 2017 - 12:30 PM, said:

Vote Hanas

Why the rush?

Remove Vote

#349 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 10 March 2017 - 12:51 PM

View PostIparth Erule, on 10 March 2017 - 12:39 PM, said:

View PostOkaros, on 10 March 2017 - 12:30 PM, said:

Vote Hanas

Why the rush?

Remove Vote

This should be your catchphrase this game.

Funny how you voted before me as well :cat:

#350 User is offline   Hanas 

• Recruit

Posted 10 March 2017 - 01:13 PM

View PostGamelon, on 10 March 2017 - 12:25 PM, said:

Simple. I'm a finder. Dunno what the PI's role was, but that's mine. I'm told if my target is a recruiter or not.

Day 1 I was suspicious of Kas, as you can see if you go back that far. He came back negative.

Yesterday I put in a find on Hanas (for meta reasons), and it came back as a recruiter.

With the WCS numbers being 5:3:2, I figured I didn't have long before I could be recruited, so no point in hiding info that can help town now. If I get recruited, there's still a 1/5 chance of getting the other leader tomorrow.

Notice how Gamelon has not revealed his role name here. That's because he has tried to design his reveal in such a way that it doesn't get challenged. If he were town, he'd be able to indicate which of the characters listed on Page 1 he is. The fact he didn't put it in should make it obvious that he's a cult leader - he doesn't have a name he can safely reveal.

If a recruiter is pulling this sort of tactic, it's probably because they think they've got the game won. As Serc has pointed out, if we lynch wrong today then the Brotherhood of the Beast could have a majority. So I reckon Gamelon is Nyarlathotep and he's trying to win the game by controlling the thread to avoid lynching one of his minions.

#351 User is offline   Hanas 

• Recruit

Posted 10 March 2017 - 01:14 PM

View PostOkaros, on 10 March 2017 - 12:29 PM, said:

Okay so time to test the finder reveal, it is more solid than that of what Hanas is saying. If he comes back negative I would be looking at Gamelon as the recruiter.

You think his reveal is more solid when he didn't even reveal his Role Name? Give me a break!

#352 User is offline   Mockra 

• Recruit

Posted 10 March 2017 - 01:29 PM

Back and after reading the reveals, I went back and reread the town roles. With the PI dead, none of the other characters comes off as a finder to me. I think we need to lynch Gamelon. I have no idea on vote count though and don't want to drop a vote putting him at L1.

#353 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 10 March 2017 - 01:39 PM

View PostHanas, on 10 March 2017 - 01:14 PM, said:

View PostOkaros, on 10 March 2017 - 12:29 PM, said:

You think his reveal is more solid when he didn't even reveal his Role Name? Give me a break!

Technically I didn't either.

Remove vote

You may be right, Gamelon, who are you?

#354 User is offline   Trake 

• Recruit

Posted 10 March 2017 - 01:47 PM

View PostHanas, on 10 March 2017 - 01:13 PM, said:

Notice how Gamelon has not revealed his role name here. That's because he has tried to design his reveal in such a way that it doesn't get challenged. If he were town, he'd be able to indicate which of the characters listed on Page 1 he is. The fact he didn't put it in should make it obvious that he's a cult leader - he doesn't have a name he can safely reveal.

If a recruiter is pulling this sort of tactic, it's probably because they think they've got the game won. As Serc has pointed out, if we lynch wrong today then the Brotherhood of the Beast could have a majority. So I reckon Gamelon is Nyarlathotep and he's trying to win the game by controlling the thread to avoid lynching one of his minions.

I agree that Gamelon not providing a role name seems shifty.

However, your scenario here doesn't make sense. At most, there can be four Beast men tomorrow, out of 8 remaining players, if we lynch non-beast today AND they have been successful every single night. So that's still not a majority. It seems too early for such a play to go down.

Also your reveal is exactly what I thought you might say - one dead player and one who won't back you up. Boy how unlucky are you!

I would like to hear from Gamelon about their role before deciding.

#355 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 10 March 2017 - 01:51 PM

It is Day 3. 24 hours and 50 minutes remaining

9 Players still alive: Alkend, Gamelon, Hanas, Iparth Erule, Kaschan, Mockra, Okaros, Serc, Trake

5 votes to lynch, 5 votes to go to night.

1 Vote for Hanas ( Gamelon )
1 Vote for Gamelon ( Hanas )

Players not voted: Alkend, Iparth Erule, Kaschan, Mockra, Okaros, Serc, Trake
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#356 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:03 PM

I did not use my name since I assumed that'd be modkillable (y'know, it being part of the role PM and all). You'll notice that Okaros and Serc didn't name themselves either. But PS now tells m it's ok.

If you want my name... well, you're very clever, using my name, Hanas. Only in the lovely list of roles PS gave us there's no description of "make lover connections with others"

Of course, I know another piece of info about the set-up (it comes from what my role changes to if I'm recruited), but town is best off lynching me rather than having the recruiters hear it.

In fact, if we still have a vig, i'd suggest they use it on me tonight. Me being dead is much worse for cult than for the town.

#357 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:05 PM

Oh, and my math is wrong here.

WCS, it's 4:3:2 right now.

And if we lynch Gamelon, we have 1/4 to pick the other recruiter.

I blame not having had any caffeine yet. Gonna go rectify that now.

#358 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:06 PM

View PostGamelon, on 10 March 2017 - 02:03 PM, said:

I did not use my name since I assumed that'd be modkillable (y'know, it being part of the role PM and all). You'll notice that Okaros and Serc didn't name themselves either. But PS now tells m it's ok.

If you want my name... well, you're very clever, using my name, Hanas. Only in the lovely list of roles PS gave us there's no description of "make lover connections with others"

Of course, I know another piece of info about the set-up (it comes from what my role changes to if I'm recruited), but town is best off lynching me rather than having the recruiters hear it.

In fact, if we still have a vig, i'd suggest they use it on me tonight. Me being dead is much worse for cult than for the town.

How would Hanas know your name? That is a bit of a stretch

#359 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:07 PM

View PostGamelon, on 10 March 2017 - 02:05 PM, said:

Oh, and my math is wrong here.

WCS, it's 4:3:2 right now.

And if we lynch Gamelon, we have 1/4 to pick the other recruiter.

I blame not having had any caffeine yet. Gonna go rectify that now.

Slip slip SLIP////////////

Vote Gamelon

#360 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:08 PM

It is Day 3. 24 hours and 33 minutes remaining

9 Players still alive: Alkend, Gamelon, Hanas, Iparth Erule, Kaschan, Mockra, Okaros, Serc, Trake

5 votes to lynch, 5 votes to go to night.

1 Vote for Hanas ( Gamelon )
2 Votes for Gamelon ( Hanas, Okaros )

Players not voted: Alkend, Iparth Erule, Kaschan, Mockra, Serc, Trake
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

Share this topic:

• 30 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

5 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users