• You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 140 Game Thread - The Cults of Innsmouth

#321 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:32 AM

As of this:

View PostHanas, on 10 March 2017 - 12:22 AM, said:

OK, I'm going to bed now. Might as well put the day to bed too, I suppose.

Remove Vote
Vote Bek Okhan

It is Day 2. 7 minutes remaining

10 Players still alive: Alkend, Bek Okhan, Gamelon, Hanas, Iparth Erule, Kaschan, Mockra, Okaros, Serc, Trake

6 votes to lynch, 5 votes to go to night.

1 Vote for Okaros ( Bek Okhan )
1 Vote for Iparth Erule ( Alkend )
6 Votes for Bek Okhan ( Okaros, Gamelon, Serc, Iparth Erule, Mockra, Hanas )

Players not voted: Kaschan, Trake

Bek Okhan has been lynched, he was Father Piotr Iwanicki, Andorion, and a member of the Esoteric Order of Dagon.
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#322 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:42 AM

It is Day 3. 35 hours and 59 minutes remaining

9 Players still alive: Alkend, Gamelon, Hanas, Iparth Erule, Kaschan, Mockra, Okaros, Serc, Trake

5 votes to lynch, 5 votes to go to night.

Players not voted: Alkend, Gamelon, Hanas, Iparth Erule, Kaschan, Mockra, Okaros, Serc, Trake

Weekend freeze will begin when there are 12 hours remaining on the clock.
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#323 User is offline   Mockra 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:52 AM

I guess old Father Piotr was a convert. While he wasn't a leader there may be something in his behavior. Will have to look at his day 2 posts.

#324 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:57 AM

Hanas is a recruiter, Kaschan isn't

vote Hanas

Good night.

#325 User is offline   Serc 

• Recruit

Posted 10 March 2017 - 05:19 AM

View PostGamelon, on 10 March 2017 - 04:57 AM, said:

vote Hanas

Good night.

Aaah. I think I see. I'm willing to believe this, but I'd like to know the source of your info. Odds it a five, off are you fed information?

#326 User is offline   Serc 

• Recruit

Posted 10 March 2017 - 05:25 AM

View PostSerc, on 10 March 2017 - 05:19 AM, said:

vote Hanas

Good night.

Aaah. I think I see. I'm willing to believe this, but I'd like to know the source of your info. Is it a find, or are you fed information?

Err... Alchohol and exhaustion don't mix well.

#327 User is offline   Iparth Erule 

• Recruit

Posted 10 March 2017 - 06:55 AM

View PostSerc, on 10 March 2017 - 05:25 AM, said:

vote Hanas

Good night.

Aaah. I think I see. I'm willing to believe this, but I'd like to know the source of your info. Is it a find, or are you fed information?

Why do you want to know if Gamelon is the direct source or not? Not knowing means a recruiter takes the risk that it isn't Gamelon when they (inevitably) target Gamelon.

Vote Hanas

#328 User is offline   Iparth Erule 

• Recruit

Posted 10 March 2017 - 06:55 AM

That's my line!

#329 User is offline   Serc 

• Recruit

Posted 10 March 2017 - 06:58 AM

View PostIparth Erule, on 10 March 2017 - 06:55 AM, said:

vote Hanas

Good night.

Why do you want to know if Gamelon is the direct source or not? Not knowing means a recruiter takes the risk that it isn't Gamelon when they (inevitably) target Gamelon.

Vote Hanas

Frankly, I think I figured out who this is. The nature of the flavor of the character leaves me questioning the authenticity of the information though.

#330 User is offline   Serc 

• Recruit

Posted 10 March 2017 - 07:55 AM

The other thing I've been thinking about that involves the Hanas recruiter info, is which leader is he? Operating from a WCS situation, I no longer believe that just lynching any old recruiter will solve the issue for town.

The WCS score right now should amount to 4town/2Dagon/3Beast.

If we lynch Dagon's recruiter we shut them down, but Beast recruits either one of us or the Dagon follower placing us at either 3Town/1Dagon/4Beast or 4Town/4Beast. Neither of those are scenarios that are likely for us as town or Dagon Cult to come out on top.

I hate to propose it, but I think Town and Dagon need to work together to ferret out the Beast Recruiter today or that's game.

If you work with us here, that'll strand Beast with 2 members and lets you recruit a third to your cause which gives us possibility of 3town/3Dagon/2Beast, OR 4town/3dagon/1beast which are numbers that are much more favorable and puts the outcome of the game back into the air instead of essentially securing it for Beast Cult.

So what do you say Obed? Do you want to give your Cult a chance at taking home the prize or do you want to keep hiding and let the Beast cult beat us both to submission?

#331 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:31 AM

vote Hanas
Good night.

Explain please.

How do you know the information?

#332 User is offline   Hanas 

• Recruit

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:33 AM

vote Hanas

Good night.

WTF? I'm not a recruiter. I'm Veronica Day, the Town Gossip. Every night I can choose a player to have off-thread comms with the next day. Dunno where Gamelon is getting his info from, but it is NOT legit.

#333 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:36 AM

View PostSerc, on 10 March 2017 - 07:55 AM, said:

The other thing I've been thinking about that involves the Hanas recruiter info, is which leader is he? Operating from a WCS situation, I no longer believe that just lynching any old recruiter will solve the issue for town.

If we lynch Dagon's recruiter we shut them down, but Beast recruits either one of us or the Dagon follower placing us at either 3Town/1Dagon/4Beast or 4Town/4Beast. Neither of those are scenarios that are likely for us as town or Dagon Cult to come out on top.

I hate to propose it, but I think Town and Dagon need to work together to ferret out the Beast Recruiter today or that's game.

If you work with us here, that'll strand Beast with 2 members and lets you recruit a third to your cause which gives us possibility of 3town/3Dagon/2Beast, OR 4town/3dagon/1beast which are numbers that are much more favorable and puts the outcome of the game back into the air instead of essentially securing it for Beast Cult.

So what do you say Obed? Do you want to give your Cult a chance at taking home the prize or do you want to keep hiding and let the Beast cult beat us both to submission?

Interesting. What if Gamelon was recruited night one, then recruited elsewhere night 2? That would put Kaschan as his current recruiter maybe, and Hanas as his old one? Or just that Hanas was his old recruiter and he hasn't given us his new one. Just giving us wifom with the Kaschan name.

You can see by the CF again that I have not been recruited.

#334 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:38 AM

View PostMockra, on 09 March 2017 - 08:04 PM, said:

So I reread the low posters, and while Bek and IE aren't posting as much, they are making clear opinions.

It's not a great case, but I think Okaros seems to have gotten a bit chummy with Gamelon. I don't like the way he left him out of his summary.

I'm going to
vote Gamelon for now.

I'm curious about what others think of him. I will switch to get a lynch though.

This may be a reason why Gamelon shouted his head off without any explanation.

Not linking him with me, but just the vote in general, although that does sound weak.

#335 User is offline   Hanas 

• Recruit

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:55 AM

I'll be around more later, but for now:

Vote Gamelon

#336 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:57 AM

View PostHanas, on 10 March 2017 - 08:33 AM, said:

vote Hanas

Good night.

WTF? I'm not a recruiter. I'm Veronica Day, the Town Gossip. Every night I can choose a player to have off-thread comms with the next day. Dunno where Gamelon is getting his info from, but it is NOT legit.

Which 3 players have you had off thread comms with?

#337 User is offline   Trake 

• Recruit

Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:03 AM

View PostSerc, on 10 March 2017 - 07:55 AM, said:

This is a toughie. I agree with your WCS. But at the same time I wonder if this doesn't confirm that Hanas is indeed a recruiter and you're scurrying trying to save them, having been recruited by them. Because your post appears to be skirting the edges of saying that lynching Hanas WILL mean lynching the Dagon recruiter.

#338 User is offline   Trake 

• Recruit

Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:07 AM

View PostOkaros, on 10 March 2017 - 08:57 AM, said:

View PostHanas, on 10 March 2017 - 08:33 AM, said:

vote Hanas

Good night.

Which 3 players have you had off thread comms with?

Would it not be 2 players? How much are we betting that at least one is dead :cat:

I'm definitely of the opinion of giving this one time, I think there's more to come out from both Hanas and Gamelon. With the investigator dead, it's uncertain to me how Gamelon came to have their info. At the same time I don't particularly trust Hanas' reveal either.

#339 User is offline   Alkend 

• Lieutenant

Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:15 AM

Waaaait a minute. Either I'm missing something or this whole thing smells bad.

Gamelon is kinda-sorta revealing as a Finder... but looking at the character descriptions leads me to think that our Finder was vigged N1. In which case the only way Gam could point at someone as a recruiter with confidence is if they're a recruiter themselves and failed to recruit because they hit someone recruitproof. Hanas, however, claims town gossip so they wouldn't be recruitproof, ergo, whatever the fuck is happening here is a pile of bullshit.

I'm not sure sure about Hanas, will make a read on them later today and wait to see if there's a counter-claim. I also don't see Kaschan as a recruiter. He hasn't played like one but even if he was and recruited Gamelon, Gam wouldn't be running around the thread shouting that Kaschan is not a cult leader.

Also, alarm bells go off for me every time someone jumps on a reveal without much consideration. Looking at you Serc and IE. Serc might have been recruited but is not a leader. IE, on the other hand, only keeps fueling my suspicion from early on in the game.

If I was to point fingers now, I'd say IE (surprise, surprise) with Gamelon as a possible other leader. Will need to have a good look at Hanas later today before casting my vote tho.

#340 User is offline   Alkend 

• Lieutenant

Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:19 AM

That WCS math is dubious, because it assumes always successful recruits always from the town pool. If we decide to tag along with one cult based on that, we might be making a big mistake - because the other cult might not, in fact, be much stronger.

Share this topic:

• 30 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

9 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users