Posted 01 March 2017 - 06:38 PM

View PostBlend, on 01 March 2017 - 06:31 PM, said:

View PostMentalist, on 01 March 2017 - 06:30 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 01 March 2017 - 06:25 PM, said:

View PostMentalist, on 01 March 2017 - 06:23 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 01 March 2017 - 06:16 PM, said:

View PostMacros, on 01 March 2017 - 06:10 PM, said:

ugh blend.
this was like playing football. and one kid decided he wanted to fuck things up and started scoring own goals for fun and kicking the ball out of play deliberately.
then calling his team mates dicks when they walk off the field in disgust before the final whistle

Please. If anything, this is a bunch of football players who don't like that one kid on the team, so they all gang up on him and treat him like shit just cause they can.

Seriously, YOU GUYS FUCKING LYNCHED ME ON D-DAY!!!! Did you HONESTLY believe that I was scum? Like, really?

There was an excellent WIFOM argument to be made that you were, in fact, a ballsy as fuck scum. An ur-khell, so to say.

But of course, now we know you were not.

Yeah, and we all know how strong WIFOM cases are.... :p

I made a WIFOM case on you. Mac made a gut case on me. You didn"t contribute an alternative.

WIFOM beats Mac's gut. But the baiting helped, I won't lie- my "case" was couched as an aggro vote, and your response made it seem more plausible.

How the fuck can I make an alternative when they fucking lynched me something like 3 hours into the Day?

No one gave me a fucking chance to actually do ANYTHING on this last day, because they couldn't get over themselves.

Lol. We're there any indications you'd actually DO anything useful based on your play so far, though? (I get that you had RL on Day 4, so did I). Look at the context. You post contributing nothing, but continuing on the same theme of "I'm better than everyone , since I got what I wanted by lynching khell" . Sure, the town's votes were stupid. But they were entirely predictable at this point, and you cannot deny that to an outside observer there'd be a likelihood you weren't town given your play.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#1182 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 01 March 2017 - 06:40 PM

View PostMentalist, on 01 March 2017 - 06:34 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 01 March 2017 - 06:27 PM, said:

View PostMacros, on 01 March 2017 - 06:20 PM, said:

I quite patently said I didn't think you were scum blend.
surely you're not complaining about someone lynching a player just because they wanted to?

I'm not complaining. I enjoyed that game, I'm just defending my play.

You're all telling me that I'm a shitty player, but what I did polarized the thread, and gave us TONS of information. But everyone was too stuck up on their dislike of what I'd done to actually fucking play the game. Why am I to blame that you can't get the fuck over yourselves?

This actually mirrors the discussion in SH about JPK: your responses provoked further derailment. You defended your playstyle, instead of looking for scum.

Best defence to a shitty case or accusations is a better case on someone else. Especially if you are RI, and your death (on a non-D-day) is not that important in a context of a team game.

When RI focuses only on defending themselves AND inflames others in the process, that's to the severe detriment of town.

Yeah, but like I said - post-game and on Monday - I had an exam yesterday. Unfortunately that took precedence over my ability to put enough time into the game to actually make a case, so I put my suspicions on thread so that people would know where I stand, answered any questions that were directed my way, and otherwise had to step back for a couple of days.

Nothing I can do about that. Considering there are a few players that go entire games posting once or twice a day, I figured town would at least give me some time to participate on this last day instead of just jumping on me cause they didn't like how I played Day 1.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#1183 User is online   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 01 March 2017 - 06:40 PM

Incidentally, maccy's speculations about my NK choices were entirely wifom, but mostly correct. So there's that, too, :p

#1184 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 01 March 2017 - 06:41 PM

View PostMentalist, on 01 March 2017 - 06:38 PM, said:

and you cannot deny that to an outside observer there'd be a likelihood you weren't town given your play.

Sure I can - anyone who has played more than one fucking game of Mafia should have known quite clearly that it was highly unlikely that I was scum. I have never, in any game I have ever played, seen a scum player do what I did. Not once. And I'd be pretty surprised if anyone else HAD.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#1185 User is online   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 01 March 2017 - 06:42 PM

View PostBlend, on 01 March 2017 - 06:40 PM, said:

View PostMentalist, on 01 March 2017 - 06:34 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 01 March 2017 - 06:27 PM, said:

View PostMacros, on 01 March 2017 - 06:20 PM, said:

I quite patently said I didn't think you were scum blend.
surely you're not complaining about someone lynching a player just because they wanted to?

I'm not complaining. I enjoyed that game, I'm just defending my play.

You're all telling me that I'm a shitty player, but what I did polarized the thread, and gave us TONS of information. But everyone was too stuck up on their dislike of what I'd done to actually fucking play the game. Why am I to blame that you can't get the fuck over yourselves?

This actually mirrors the discussion in SH about JPK: your responses provoked further derailment. You defended your playstyle, instead of looking for scum.

Best defence to a shitty case or accusations is a better case on someone else. Especially if you are RI, and your death (on a non-D-day) is not that important in a context of a team game.

When RI focuses only on defending themselves AND inflames others in the process, that's to the severe detriment of town.

Yeah, but like I said - post-game and on Monday - I had an exam yesterday. Unfortunately that took precedence over my ability to put enough time into the game to actually make a case, so I put my suspicions on thread so that people would know where I stand, answered any questions that were directed my way, and otherwise had to step back for a couple of days.

Nothing I can do about that. Considering there are a few players that go entire games posting once or twice a day, I figured town would at least give me some time to participate on this last day
instead of just jumping on me cause they didn't like how I played Day 1.

And 2. And 3. And so on...

Don't make me do a post-game case of all your posts now, :p

#1186 User is online   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 01 March 2017 - 06:43 PM

View PostBlend, on 01 March 2017 - 06:41 PM, said:

and you cannot deny that to an outside observer there'd be a likelihood you weren't town given your play.

Sure I can - anyone who has played more than one fucking game of Mafia should have known quite clearly that it was highly unlikely that I was scum. I have never, in any game I have ever played, seen a scum player do what I did. Not once. And I'd be pretty surprised if anyone else HAD.

But that's precisely what makes it WIFOM- just because it's never been done, it means no one would ever expect scum to do it! :p

#1187 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 01 March 2017 - 06:45 PM

View PostMentalist, on 01 March 2017 - 06:42 PM, said:

Listen, after Day 1, I actually believed that Khell was scum.

Like, everyone thinks that I was just on Khell's case after Day 1 for the sake of being on Khell's case. But there was too much resistance to his lynch on Day 1 (even for a bad case), so I was convinced he was scum and the resistance was because his partner and the symp were trying to steer the lynch away from him.

Just because you don't agree with my case doesn't make it "bad play."

#1188 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 01 March 2017 - 06:48 PM

View PostMentalist, on 01 March 2017 - 06:43 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 01 March 2017 - 06:41 PM, said:

But that's precisely what makes it WIFOM- just because it's never been done, it means no one would ever expect scum to do it! :p

There's a good reason why scum would never play that kind of game - and it was proven this game. Because some players can't get their heads out of their asses long enough to actually think about their vote. I just think it's disingenuous for people to blame me completely for that loss. I'm not the one that speed lynched an almost definite townie on D-Day. I'd say that's a bigger sin than being loud and obnoxious about lynching a player with very little in terms of a case on Day fucking 1.

#1189 User is offline   Siergiej 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 01 March 2017 - 06:54 PM

Blend blaming aside, we should have played better. Khell left a fuckload of stuff on HD, Mac was onto Ment at the very end, we had all we needed on thread - we just fucked up and never followed through.

One thing I wanted to address re: Blend:

How the fuck can I make an alternative when they fucking lynched me something like 3 hours into the Day?

No one gave me a fucking chance to actually do ANYTHING on this last day, because they couldn't get over themselves.

You spent the first 4 days sabotaging the game for town. You have 119 posts in the game thread. You had plenty of chance, but you decided to keep provoking us instead of contributing. And kudos to Ment for the foresight and knowing that precisely me and Mac will be the perfect people to have around for this.

#1190 User is online   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 01 March 2017 - 06:59 PM

View PostBlend, on 01 March 2017 - 06:45 PM, said:

Like, everyone thinks that I was just on Khell's case after Day 1 for the sake of being on Khell's case. But there was too much resistance to his lynch on Day 1 (even for a bad case), so I was convinced he was scum and the resistance was because his partner and the symp were trying to steer the lynch away from him.

Just because you don't agree with my case doesn't make it "bad play."

I'd say your single-mindedness up to Khell's lynch is within acceptable malaz mafia town standards.

But your "well, sorry if I was wrong in getting a guard lynched, BUT AT LEAST I SETTLED MY PERSONAL VENDETTA, SO I WIN" post and everything that followed (lacking any cases, just kinda pointing fingers at half the remaining players) would seriously make me think you can be scum, if I was town.

(Mind, my "Congratu-fucking-lations" post was designed to get you a to defend- no offence, but you have a bit of a thin mafia skin and just like JPK, you tend to spend a lot of time defending your actions)

#1191 User is online   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 01 March 2017 - 07:01 PM

View PostSiergiej, on 01 March 2017 - 06:54 PM, said:

Blend blaming aside, we should have played better. Khell left a fuckload of stuff on HD, Mac was onto Ment at the very end, we had all we needed on thread - we just fucked up and never followed through.

One thing I wanted to address re: Blend:

You spent the first 4 days sabotaging the game for town. You have 119 posts in the game thread. You had plenty of chance, but you decided to keep provoking us instead of contributing. And kudos to Ment for the foresight and knowing that precisely me and Mac will be the perfect people to have around for this.

It's altless. I gotta pull the meta-strings, :p

#1192 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia

Posted 01 March 2017 - 07:06 PM

THERE WAS NO FUCKING CASE
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#1193 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 01 March 2017 - 07:14 PM

View PostItwęs Nom, on 01 March 2017 - 07:06 PM, said:

SO FUCKING WHAT? It was Day 1!

#1194 User is online   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 01 March 2017 - 07:23 PM

Don't make me do a post-game case of all your posts now, :D

View PostBlend, on 01 March 2017 - 07:14 PM, said:

:p This is the song that never ends... :)

#1195 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia

Posted 01 March 2017 - 07:28 PM

View PostMentalist, on 01 March 2017 - 07:23 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 01 March 2017 - 07:14 PM, said:

:p This is the song that never ends... :)

I'll just say that putting anyone that early to game that close to lynch only makes people back up, look at the train and also look elsewhere. We used this to our advantage with Khell in the Meta madness game recently.
All things fall from kings to rose petals

Share this topic:

• 60 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users