• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 139 - Game Thread D&D Mafia

#761 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 17 February 2017 - 06:57 PM

The only thing that could have changed the above result is if Iparth had used his Mage Hand to Guard instead of attacking. In which case Fanderay would have died first.

But anyway, for end-game math I just used the strongest attacks on both sides, based also on what you submitted as your Night 9 actions, so we'll declare it a TIE regardless.
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#762 User is offline   Lock 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 06:58 PM

Damn, good choice Fanderay, I think I would have *just* managed to edge you out if you had lynched Iparth. I could do 4 damage per night (5 really, but one is magic so you would have negated that), and I could subtract one point of any damage type from any source).

And here I was ready to rant at you for lynching me over Iparth, when I had your back all that time!

#763 User is offline   Lock 

• Recruit

Posted 17 February 2017 - 06:59 PM

No, I will still rant!

You knew my abilities, you knew I could only use one at a time (evade but not attack, etc), you knew my HP...and you went for the unknown!! You went for the guy who still had an extra alt!!!!

Your choice was correct, but it was still dumb :D

#764 User is offline   Lock 

• Recruit

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:01 PM

Iparth, why the heck would you not use your Mage Hand to guard?

#765 User is offline   Iparth Erule 

• Recruit

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:03 PM

I wasn't entirely sure who was who...

#766 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:04 PM

View PostLock, on 17 February 2017 - 06:58 PM, said:

Damn, good choice Fanderay, I think I would have *just* managed to edge you out if you had lynched Iparth. I could do 4 damage per night (5 really, but one is magic so you would have negated that), and I could subtract one point of any damage type from any source).

And here I was ready to rant at you for lynching me over Iparth, when I had your back all that time!

Would have been the same result, actually, except with you instead of Iparth.

He could do 3 damage to you per night, you could do 3 damage to him per night, so you both would have dropped the killing blow on the same night cause of his Relentless Endurance.
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#767 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:05 PM

View PostIparth Erule, on 17 February 2017 - 07:03 PM, said:

I wasn't entirely sure who was who...

I figured that when I saw you NK'd me (Alkend) despite me obviously being in your faction :D
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#768 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:05 PM

Anyways, well played all! I'm sorry team that we're the only faction to lose, but let's face it, that was bound to happen with me as your leader :D

And thanks Blend, another really fun game (and someone please volunteer to get like a 2-hour PowerPoint presentation from Blend on how to co-mod the game)! :D
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#769 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:07 PM

Anyway, I know the last couple days were frustrating due to my not being around as much as I like to be while modding, and for that I'm sorry, but I have to say that this was a very entertaining D&D Mafia to watch from behind the scenes.

The game started with not a single person having an alt-stealing ability OR a resurrection ability, AND 5 additional alts!

It turns out that Fanderay's Lover Conversation ability really paid off for a few days, I thought for sure they'd take this game because of it, but in the end yall destroyed Ultama.

Finally, Alkend became an Oathbreaker and was given a Dominate ability, so his taking over Lock was great, but not good enough cause of Fanderay's ability to control Alkend's vote on that day. If it hadn't been for that vote control, Alkend's team would have won the game, so that was a great save!

Lots of fun little twists and turns this game, that's for sure!

#770 User is offline   Khellendros 

View PostPath-Shaper, on 17 February 2017 - 07:04 PM, said:

He could do 3 damage to you per night, you could do 3 damage to him per night, so you both would have dropped the killing blow on the same night cause of his Relentless Endurance.

I would have done 4 damage because of the Dueling bonus, no? Or did he have an extra ward you didn't mention?

#771 User is offline   Fanderay 

• Recruit

The unknown was how much damage mitigation you had, Lock. I thought it likely that you had something like my Counterspell or maybe something that halved incoming damage. With that you would have run away with it. IE I was pretty sure didn't have anything like that based on his moaning about my Entropic Ward.

To be honest what probably would have worked out better for me would have been to Vote Night and let you guys slug it out, but I had a feeling that would have lead you to think about lynching me...and to be honest I just wanted the game done.

But well played everyone, that was fun! And thanks to Blend for running it :D.

ST

#772 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:09 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 17 February 2017 - 07:05 PM, said:

Anyways, well played all! I'm sorry team that we're the only faction to lose, but let's face it, that was bound to happen with me as your leader :D

And thanks Blend, another really fun game (and someone please volunteer to get like a 2-hour PowerPoint presentation from Blend on how to co-mod the game)! :D

LoL - I've learned the best trick to modding these games is to just be patient with myself. Don't rush the resolution, check, double-check, and triple check everything before posting anything!

I think all in all I made a few less mistakes this game, and though there are a few descriptions that I need to update for clarity, a lot fewer glaringly OP abilities in the game, so I'm pretty happy about that!

#773 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:09 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on 17 February 2017 - 07:07 PM, said:

Anyway, I know the last couple days were frustrating due to my not being around as much as I like to be while modding, and for that I'm sorry, but I have to say that this was a very entertaining D&D Mafia to watch from behind the scenes.

The game started with not a single person having an alt-stealing ability OR a resurrection ability, AND 5 additional alts!

It turns out that Fanderay's Lover Conversation ability really paid off for a few days, I thought for sure they'd take this game because of it, but in the end yall destroyed Ultama.

Finally, Alkend became an Oathbreaker and was given a Dominate ability, so his taking over Lock was great, but not good enough cause of Fanderay's ability to control Alkend's vote on that day. If it hadn't been for that vote control, Alkend's team would have won the game, so that was a great save!

Yeah, Fanderay saved me only to push me over the cliff himself :D

I hope everyone enjoyed time being rewound! :D

#774 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:10 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 17 February 2017 - 07:07 PM, said:

View PostPath-Shaper, on 17 February 2017 - 07:04 PM, said:

I would have done 4 damage because of the Dueling bonus, no? Or did he have an extra ward you didn't mention?

Oh shit you're right! I wasn't including that, but it doesn't make a difference.

After Night 9 he would have been at 1 HP, you would have been at 6.
After Night 10 he would have been at 1 HP, you would have been at 3.
After Night 11 you both would be at 0 HP.

#775 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:11 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 17 February 2017 - 07:09 PM, said:

I didn't - you had me panicking for a good 15 minutes trying to find out what the fuck I had missed!

#776 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:11 PM

Hah, that had me confused for a while there. Although I should have known that coming from an puppet it was actually going to work.

Got to say, running around the thread with three alts over the first couple of days was great fun! It's a shame the puppets were so fragile (although I got a decent amount of run from Telas).

ST
Don't look now, but I think there's something weird attached to the bottom of my posts.

#777 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:13 PM

View PostSir Thursday, on 17 February 2017 - 07:11 PM, said:

Hah, that had me confused for a while there. Although I should have known that coming from an puppet it was actually going to work.

Got to say, running around the thread with three alts over the first couple of days was great fun! It's a shame the puppets were so fragile (although I got a decent amount of run from Telas).

ST

Yeah, the idea for the puppets is that they're not supposed to be strong. They basically are meant to act as shields for your main alt with a few having the ability to mess with votes, some being completely unkillable, but having no effect on anything vote wise, and stuff like that!

I've really enjoyed whenever people do the extra alts thing. And this was the first time the extra alts lasted so long into the game (I can't believe you all let Tulas live to the day before DDay).

#778 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:16 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on 17 February 2017 - 07:11 PM, said:

I didn't - you had me panicking for a good 15 minutes trying to find out what the fuck I had missed!

Heh, you caused me a mad slew of provisional orders being submitted based on the potential game states should it be real or not and variations in end times.

Probably didn't help with Blend panicking...

You're so lucky ST had submitted my vote afflicting thing else you'd have been dead!

Good game folks and well done Blend on it running so well
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#779 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:16 PM

Mage Hand is definitely a great puppet. I pumped like 8 damage into that stupid invincible thing :D

#780 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:24 PM

View PostMessremb, on 17 February 2017 - 07:16 PM, said:

View PostPath-Shaper, on 17 February 2017 - 07:11 PM, said:

Heh, you caused me a mad slew of provisional orders being submitted based on the potential game states should it be real or not and variations in end times.

Probably didn't help with Blend panicking...

You're so lucky ST had submitted my vote afflicting thing else you'd have been dead!

Good game folks and well done Blend on it running so well

It was quite a last minute decision to use that as well, for a while I wasn't quite sure enough of the teams to put it down. But glad I did - it was a game saver!
Don't look now, but I think there's something weird attached to the bottom of my posts.

Share this topic:

• 40 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users