• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 136 spoilerz etc

#41 User is offline   Siergiej 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 28 October 2016 - 03:17 PM

Looks very good for us, Tatts and Mess will go after Ment if they don't turn on each other.

#42 User is offline   ansible 

• Group: High House Mafia

Posted 28 October 2016 - 03:18 PM

Oh, he did post above. Blend, buddy, I've missed you man. :thumbsup: I enjoyed discussing D&D (truly), but when you wouldn't discuss game mechanics with me...my scumdar was tingling :D
We sail in and out of Time, then back again. There is only one ship, the captain says. All the ships we hail between the galaxies or suns are this ship.

#43 User is offline   ansible 

Posted 28 October 2016 - 03:20 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on 28 October 2016 - 03:15 PM, said:

hasnt posted much in here.

might be busy elsewhere.

the speed lynch today actually hurt the town minorly.

see mess now would have CI'd nom, but can't. Nom prime candidate to take a fall today in place of ment.

that said. 5v1 now, if ment brings this home we will just crown him the emperor of malaz mafia and all retire.

i predict a NK on mess tonight. assuming ment survives the day.

Yeah they did 2 speed lynches in a row after 10+ pages on day 1. I don't know if people forgot how to MAFIA or if it was just lazy or what. Day 2 was poor town play, period. Even if they hit scum on day 3, still bad.
We sail in and out of Time, then back again. There is only one ship, the captain says. All the ships we hail between the galaxies or suns are this ship.

#44 User is offline   ansible 

Posted 28 October 2016 - 03:23 PM

Tatts's last 2 PMs to me after I pour my heart out:

Tattersail_, on 27 October 2016 - 04:59 PM, said:

I think Ando might be scum so him knowing the healer is quite big. I am going to do my best to get him or Nom lynched today.

Im just on my way home, will read what you just said when im there

Tattersail_, on 28 October 2016 - 07:42 AM, said:

So I fucking sorry mate, got home, seen to the family, then went and played badminton last night and didn't hit the forum at all.

Andorion is the healer. I've spoken to him and got his permission to let you into the know. I think Nom or Kruppe best bet for lynch today possibly, going to read up.

Posted Image

STOP LYING IF YOU'RE TOWNNNN. I know he can't have genuinely thought I was scum, he was just testing his theories about Mess/Ando. If he hadn't been trying so hard to mislead me I would have played a little differently I think.

#45 User is offline   ansible 

Posted 28 October 2016 - 03:25 PM

Hey Mac since the OP says

You can communicate with any player.
at any time.

Can I post on thread as long as I give nothing away from SH? Cause there don't seem to be any restrictions on dead people talking...all players can communicate all the time, right? :thumbsup:

#46 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 28 October 2016 - 03:40 PM

Sigh.... an epic run of bad luck

The sudden turn on Mess had me scared. I should have never switched the Killers

Frankly I had no hope that my random statements would have any effect. But apparently people were not as sure as I thought?

Why did Mess zero in on me from the start I wonder?

#47 User is offline   Siergiej 

• High Fist

Posted 28 October 2016 - 04:38 PM

@Ansible: sorry, we actually threw you under the bus with Tatts and Mess pretty deliberately. It unfolded as follows:

After everyone checked in, I revealed to three random players that turned out to be Mess (Guard), Tatts (RI), and Ando (Scum). Each of them knew of the reveal. After some back and forth we started getting suspicious about Ando and moved to a group convo with Mess and Tatts. When D2 started Mess revealed to us as Guard and Tatts channeled Ansible prodding him in PM to reveal the healer. So we narrowed down our suspects to two people, Ansible and Ando. Tatts came up with a ploy to sell Ansi on the idea of Ando as healer and after some back and forth we arrived at this plan:
We drive a lynch on Ment. We heal + guard Ando. No kill would mean the killer is 100% one of these two, but the thread also turned against Ansi so we just went with that (the lynch happened so fast I didn't manage to switch my heal from Ando). This also saved Ment's life, which makes me a sad panda because if we actually pushed for Ment we'd just keep going after Ansi and Ando anyway and that would be it Posted Image

Other people that were mentioned in our convo are Ment and Nom, so unless Mess and Tatts freak out and turn against each other now, I'm rather confident town will win. This is one of the very few games where I feel I can say I played fairly decent, though was mightily lucky to pick a Guard with my reveal. It was also SO FUN plotting the whole thing with Tatts and Mess. Great game, go town. Will post PMs later.

This post has been edited by Siergiej: 28 October 2016 - 06:19 PM

#48 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 28 October 2016 - 04:50 PM

View Postansible, on 28 October 2016 - 03:25 PM, said:

at any time.

Can I post on thread as long as I give nothing away from SH? Cause there don't seem to be any restrictions on dead people talking...all players can communicate all the time, right? :D

No.

That's looking for a loophole.

Don't be a dick :thumbsup:
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#49 User is offline   ansible 

Posted 28 October 2016 - 04:54 PM

Yeah, I figured as much. What hurt you guys was tunnel vision - nothing I said to Tatts was scummy, and in fact I gave him a few pretty long writeups on what I thought was going on. I also didn't know who the healer was (he never told me) or even that there was a guard, so deciding between me and Ando (who was already in on the reveal) means you guys just got lucky that I got lynched, or else Tatts would still be sitting around telling everyone I'm probably scum and wasting another day. So perhaps my death was for the best.

To be honest this is part of the reason I dislike off-thread communication being a central element of the game (this one was an exception with it's "no rules" provision, but still). Normally, as town, lying to other players is basically the worst thing you can do besides get modkilled, but in PMs, everyone is fishing and doesn't care. I didn't lie to Tatts in any of my PMs but he intentionally fed me false info several times. Town doing that to town always ends up badly, and to be honest, makes it feel more like a faction game than town vs. scum.

#50 User is offline   ansible 

Posted 28 October 2016 - 04:55 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on 28 October 2016 - 04:50 PM, said:

View Postansible, on 28 October 2016 - 03:25 PM, said:

at any time.

Can I post on thread as long as I give nothing away from SH? Cause there don't seem to be any restrictions on dead people talking...all players can communicate all the time, right? :D

No.

That's looking for a loophole.

Don't be a dick :thumbsup:

Hey, notice I asked permission first. If there's one thing I'm not, it's a rule-breaker. :p

Edit: You get a wink in return for such baseless accusations.

This post has been edited by ansible: 28 October 2016 - 05:00 PM

#51 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 28 October 2016 - 06:02 PM

Mess

Guard Kruppe, if lynched Ment

Also.

I firmly agree. Lynch all liars, I hate townies telling lies, it's total wanker play regardless of logic or motivations, do not lie as town.

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 28 October 2016 - 07:24 PM

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#52 User is offline   Siergiej 

• High Fist

Posted 28 October 2016 - 06:17 PM

@Ansi:

Tatts shared some (all? Not sure) of your comms with us and I found the prodding for healer reveal scummy as hell. After some discussion we established that either you or Ando must be scum, so we concocted this little ploy to confirm our suspicion. And then the rest of the thread came along and decided to lynch so we decided to roll with it. From our perspective, we were not lying to town: we were lying to very likely scum. At the end it helped us get Ando, which is good for town.

ou guys just got lucky that I got lynched, or else Tatts would still be sitting around telling everyone I'm probably scum and wasting another day.

Actually, that's where you're wrong :thumbsup: If it went according to our original plan, we would have lynched Ment instead of you, and that would have been another scum down. But the game would be on, so our suspects would still be you and Ando. And there would be no kill (Ment lynched/Ando guarded/Ando healed) so the three of us would confirm what we already suspected: that you or Ando must be scum.

That said, we obviously were lucky. First and foremost, I would not reveal to anyone knowing there is 3 scum. Now that I'm aware of the setup, what I did looks rather stupid, it just ended up working really well Posted Image I assumed at the beginning that this is a 8 v 2 game, so revealing to 3 players runs a very small risk of outing myself to both killers. Little did I know...

#53 User is offline   ansible 

Posted 28 October 2016 - 06:56 PM

View PostSiergiej, on 28 October 2016 - 06:17 PM, said:

@Ansi:

Tatts shared some (all? Not sure) of your comms with us and I found the prodding for healer reveal scummy as hell. After some discussion we established that either you or Ando must be scum, so we concocted this little ploy to confirm our suspicion. And then the rest of the thread came along and decided to lynch so we decided to roll with it. From our perspective, we were not lying to town: we were lying to very likely scum. At the end it helped us get Ando, which is good for town.

ou guys just got lucky that I got lynched, or else Tatts would still be sitting around telling everyone I'm probably scum and wasting another day.

Actually, that's where you're wrong :D If it went according to our original plan, we would have lynched Ment instead of you, and that would have been another scum down. But the game would be on, so our suspects would still be you and Ando. And there would be no kill (Ment lynched/Ando guarded/Ando healed) so the three of us would confirm what we already suspected: that you or Ando must be scum.

That said, we obviously were lucky. First and foremost, I would not reveal to anyone knowing there is 3 scum. Now that I'm aware of the setup, what I did looks rather stupid, it just ended up working really well Posted Image I assumed at the beginning that this is a 8 v 2 game, so revealing to 3 players runs a very small risk of outing myself to both killers. Little did I know...

No...you guys got played. All three of you piled onto Ment, even getting majority - 3/5 votes. Only Kruppe and you had other votes at this time.

Then what happens? Wait for it....

Ment drops in and votes for....me. And somehow in the last 15 minutes everyone agrees to pile on and I get lynched. So even though both you and Tatts made big, long cases for Ment, and also had Mess jump on the train (so obvious, all 3 of you) - you STILL didn't have the votes to lynch Ment. He totally redirected the train from him to me, and he did it very well.

As for what Tatts passed to you - I'm sure he only passed what he thought already looked suspicious, as anyone would. I'll post the full PM in here later if you really care. Tatts explained the logic of keeping me in the dark due to numbers, and I showed him that it was actually probably not going to matter based on the math and mechanics (it didn't end up mattering, btw). I told him that I would *not* vote him at EOD no matter what because of the healer reveal (I was only voting Tatts to follow Blend at this point because Tatts had stopped replying to me for a long time after saying he would), and I told him Blend was my top suspect after Ment/Khell and that I would be willing to vote Blend since I didn't think we could restart the Ment train.

And then came, you know, lies, asking if I thought he was scum - I said no, which was true, and that I would not vote for him, and that even though his math was wrong I would trust him and wait so he could test your theory since it wouldn't matter anyway if I knew (still true). And then he told me Ando was the healer and he'd tell me lots more later and then lynched me.

So pardon me if I disagree. :thumbsup:

#54 User is offline   ansible 

Posted 28 October 2016 - 07:09 PM

By the way, don't take my complaining personally - good game! :D

Overall I agree that town will win and there has been some great play on both sides. I was already upset at Tatts for the way he handled our PMs. When someone brings you a big target and then paints a big red X on it, people usually latch on instead of trying to go through another 5-6 players to find something. If I'm understanding you right, it's just coincidence that Tatts contacted *me* and discussed the healer reveal. If you just replace my name with someone else's, no difference. Your suspicion of me was not based on my play on-thread, but entirely on PMs that only Tatts received, which is why I said tunnel vision.

When all you have is a hammer... :thumbsup:

#55 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 28 October 2016 - 07:27 PM

I think Scum were unlucky one night one.
foolish on night two to stick with ando as killer after a potential guard night one.
Blends symping didn't help.

but town has played relatively well.
especially the power roles and Khell.

I feel uncomfortable praising anything tatts is involved in

#56 User is offline   ansible 

Posted 28 October 2016 - 07:43 PM

I pretty much agree with all of that, but how long since we've had such an interesting and productive day 1? A lot of games don't even get to 10 pages these days. True, scum got unlucky in the end because Khell (and others) played well, but look how close we were to finding scum already with Ment early on - which he's now escaped the lynch twice, and perhaps for a third time.

#57 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 28 October 2016 - 07:59 PM

I think Ment as killer last game actually favours him a little, that aside he is superb at slipping through lynches, I know I generally have a blind spot in my head for someone who was killer last time, thinking the odds against a double header.

#58 User is offline   Siergiej 

• High Fist

Posted 28 October 2016 - 10:57 PM

Yeah, I think in our 3-sided convo Tatts mentioned that what works in favor of Ment is that he was scum in the previous two games.

If I'm understanding you right, it's just coincidence that Tatts contacted *me* and discussed the healer reveal. If you just replace my name with someone else's, no difference. Your suspicion of me was not based on my play on-thread, but entirely on PMs that only Tatts received, which is why I said tunnel vision.

Well I don't know exactly how your convo with Tatts started, but yeah: my suspicion of you was based mostly on what Tatts shared with me and Mess, much less with your content on thread.

#59 User is offline   ansible 

Posted 29 October 2016 - 12:12 AM

View PostSiergiej, on 28 October 2016 - 10:57 PM, said:

Yeah, I think in our 3-sided convo Tatts mentioned that what works in favor of Ment is that he was scum in the previous two games.

Roles are (almost always) assigned randomly. In this game, they were, so the math just doesn't work that way.

Why these random events aren't related.

Unfortunately for Tatts, Ment's roles in previous games have absolutely no effect on whether or not he is scum this game. Easy trap to fall into, but deadly.

#60 User is offline   JPK 

• Lemming of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Sacrificing myself for everyone else's greater good!

Posted 29 October 2016 - 01:36 AM

This game is getting difficult to watch. I hope they lynch Kruppe soon so that they can focus on Ment like they started at the beginning of the day.

How many times do you think they'll kick themselves when they see just how many times they almost lynched Ment?

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users