• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Soccer/Football/Futbol/Whatever in general The round ball game

#41 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 10 March 2017 - 12:21 PM

Barcelona vs PSG. If I hadn't seen how crazy some of the goals were, I would have said the fix was in.

And yes, Rooney has been over-rated and over-paid for a long time. Then again that's nothing new in sport. :cat:

This post has been edited by Captain Needa: 10 March 2017 - 12:22 PM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#42 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 10 March 2017 - 12:59 PM

Obvious dodgy decisions, but it is Barca so referees get intimidated by the players' antics. Suarez and Neymar theatrics, no penalties for PSG that obviously were penalties, a penalty for Barca which wasn't one, an insane amount of additional injury time, meh.

To be fair though, PSG didn't turn up at all, so in the end they mostly have themselves to blame. But this match had a big referee stamp on it; the man wanted to be part of history.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#43 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 10 March 2017 - 01:03 PM

View PostCaptain Needa, on 10 March 2017 - 12:21 PM, said:

And yes, Rooney has been over-rated and over-paid for a long time. Then again that's nothing new in sport. :cat:

Well, in a league in which 'home-grown talent' really means 'a kid that we bought from the continent or South-America just before they turned 18', any player with a British passport who sticks his head above the parapet can expect ludicrous salaries. Just think of Andy Carroll. Nuf said.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#44 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:04 AM

Well, well, well ...

http://www.news.com....376b686a0abb2ab

Axed from England and struggling to get a game for the MU first team?
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#45 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 09 April 2017 - 01:21 AM

Possible Canada/USA/Mexico joint bid for WC 2026? Interesting.

http://www.news.com....d54c9b2cb848f47

#46 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 09 April 2017 - 10:37 PM

Man I'm hoping for somewhere nearer so I can watch the WC at a civilised time...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#47 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 03 May 2017 - 05:57 PM

Holy crap, Ajax is pummeling Olympique Lyon!

Never thought I'd see the day that a Dutch team would be doing well in Europe again. Nice one.

#48 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 11 May 2017 - 02:04 PM

And United did an Arsenal against Arsenal... *sigh*
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#49 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 12 May 2017 - 09:27 PM

In a not very surpassing turn of events, Chelsea have won the premier league tonight.

1. Bleurgh.
2. Ah well if we're not going to win it at least Liverpool or City didn't win either.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#50 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 13 May 2017 - 12:44 AM

Well, at least there is always a way into the CL via the UEFA cup final. Surely preferable to struggling against relegation like my poor team.

#51 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 24 May 2017 - 06:48 AM

And the wheel of transfers begins.

Predictions?

Utd and city to splash serious cash

Mbappe to go for stupid money

What I don't get is this £100 valuation on Mbappe, when the rumours on Sanchez are for like £40.

Unproven kid against a seasoned pro proven to be able to cut it in the prem

#52 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:27 AM

HOW much for a kid??? WTF???

It's official: soccer teams have too much money

http://www.news.com....ade44457ba6b8c4

#53 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:53 AM

Utterly mental.

On an unrelated noted: UEFA cup final tonight. I am horribly conflicted aboutt his match. On the one hand I'm very happy to finally see a Dutch team in a European final again after over a decade of drought. However, with the events in Manchester I genuinely feel that postponing the match would have been better. Of course I appreciate the sentiment that you should not 'let the terrorists win!' so everyone should carry on as usual. But come on, this is the biggest tragedy in the history of the city and there is no way that the players and the fans are not affected by it. If you lose, history will say that people were distracted and the match should never have taken place; if you win, you cannot in good conscience celebrate the victory with these horrible events so fresh in everyone's mind. So postponing it seems the sensible option to me, but I'm not hearing anything about any moves or proposals in that direction. It's going to be a difficult watch tonight.

#54 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 24 May 2017 - 03:10 PM

No most people who make these kind of decisions are saying that going ahead is the right thing to do so it's definitely happening.

I obviously want United to win regardless but I feel like they have a lot more than just United fans behind them now. A win would feel symbolic I think.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#55 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:43 PM

Mother flipping YES!! So emotional right now!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#56 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:59 PM

Can't lie: as a Dutchman I'm disappointed that Ajax didnt win this trophy. But in light of recent events, this win for ManU is so much more than just a cup. It will hopefully bring some joy back in the community. So I am content with the result.

Still cannot stand Mourhino though.

#57 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:52 PM

Honestly, I felt that all the 'United win it for Manchester' stuff was overblown especially by the media on the night. Yes, it was good at the game went ahead and yes, for some people I'm sure it was an emotional moment that lifted a mood, but for fuck's sake it did not provide a moment of healing in light of a situation which has left parents looking at pieces of their children.

Anyway, the performance itself was professional but dull. Wish Jose would just fuck off tbqh, he's barely improved on Van Gaal.
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#58 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 25 May 2017 - 08:55 AM

I think Mourhino just wanted to make a point tonight and didn't care about the consequences. He's got a deep-seeded dislike for Cruyff and the Ajax philosophy, stemming from his Barca/Real days. Cruyff's philosophy is all about possession, ground passing, triangles, and optimal use of the pitch. So Mourhino just gave Ajax the ball and then completely locked them up on the flanks and forced them to play down the middle. He knew that the young Ajax squad was drilled not to use long balls to move play but to build attacks through ground passing and positioning. So once he locked play down by staying compact and sitting back, Ajax could circulate the ball around until the end of time without ever creating chances, whereas United would pose continuous danger on the break through quick players like Rashford. Ajax had all the possession but hardly any chances.

It made for an utterly dull display of football, but tactically it was quite accomplished and it meant that Mourihno got the win and got one over on Cruyff/tiki-taka football in the process. And that's all he cares about. This sort of mentality is also why I severely dislike Mourihno as a coach, but as long as it gets results he will always be a big guy in the world of football.

This post has been edited by Gorefest: 25 May 2017 - 08:57 AM

#59 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 03 June 2017 - 08:33 PM

Sergio Ramos should be banned from all European football next season.
And fined a months wages.

Utter utter fruitloop

#60 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:45 PM

Transfer spec just getting ridiculous this summer

Share this topic:

• 83 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic