• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Soccer/Football/Futbol/Whatever in general The round ball game

#1641 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 17 October 2023 - 08:14 AM

Third is enough as well now, isn't it? Seems like you almost have to actively try not to qualify if you want to miss out on the tournament.

Netherlands barely scraped a win against the Greeks (whole stadium full of laser pens, don't these Greek 'supporters' have anything better to do? Twats), but we were severely hamstrung. No De Jong, no Gakpo, no Memphis Depay, and still looking for a suitable goalkeeper.

This post has been edited by Gorefest: 17 October 2023 - 08:16 AM

Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#1642 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 18 October 2023 - 06:30 AM

View PostGorefest, on 17 October 2023 - 08:14 AM, said:

Third is enough as well now, isn't it? Seems like you almost have to actively try not to qualify if you want to miss out on the tournament.

Netherlands barely scraped a win against the Greeks (whole stadium full of laser pens, don't these Greek 'supporters' have anything better to do? Twats), but we were severely hamstrung. No De Jong, no Gakpo, no Memphis Depay, and still looking for a suitable goalkeeper.

No, it's top 2, with the remaining 3 spots going to play-off for Nations League group winners...and we are second in our group, so we can only get a shot if Scotland manages to qualify- which, to be fair, looks kind of likely.

I just looked at the standing, and OMFG, what happened to Bosnia? How is Luxemburg the 3rd team in that group? wild.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#1643 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 17 November 2023 - 09:13 PM

Talk about the blitheringly obvious ... :rolleyes:

https://www.news.com...41d4eb341b679e5

Manchester City, Chelsea facing relegation after Premier League bombshell
The English Premier League has been plunged into chaos after a move to dock a club 10 points prompted a wave of fear, anger and confusion.

-----------------------------------------

Whatever Everton did you can multiply by at least 10 for City with the obscene amounts of petrodollars sloshing around there.
Chelski for certain under RA.

Hell, all of them would have done it to various degrees, but City would be the worst. Doesn't matter if it was misreporting "losses" (probably for some arcane Hollywood-style accounting purposes for the owners) or straight up under-the-table shit.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 17 November 2023 - 09:17 PM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#1644 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 17 November 2023 - 10:16 PM

The difference is, City have a lot more money and that's what the PL are interested in.

I'd LOVE to see the cheating scumbags get what they deserve but I don't believe that'll ever happen.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#1645 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 17 November 2023 - 10:26 PM

Meanwhile, vitesse arnhem may face seeing the lights getting turned offPosted Image Cheating arrogant weasels, couldn't have happened to a more deserving club. Secret Abramovitz goons.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#1646 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 18 November 2023 - 09:47 AM

If ever there was a blatant picture of the corruption at the top its Everton l9sing ten points for their violation and City still walking around laughing.

Some of their sponsor "companies" literally do not exist.

#1647 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 07 February 2024 - 10:28 AM

Didn't quite know where to put this but here it is in all its glory
"ROARRRRRRRRRR!!!!!" :rofl:

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#1648 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 07 February 2024 - 01:17 PM

Three years ago my team was being utterly useless in the Dutch second division, presently we comfortably sit seventh in the top flight and have reached the semi-final of the Dutch FA cup. Things are looking up!

#1649 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 28 February 2024 - 05:22 PM

Ha, get in: we are in the cup final! And we are still in the running for European play-offs.

#1650 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 30 March 2024 - 06:51 PM

Ukraine pulled off back to back 2:1 comebacks against Bosnia and Iceland to get into the Euros final.

Good to see our legionnaires pulling their weight despite all the other shit happening.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#1651 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 31 March 2024 - 09:11 PM

What a season. We just leap-frogged Ajax into 5th place after being the only team this season to beat PSV. Damn, my team is having a dream season. And considering we only got promoted two seasons ago, gotta keep pinching myself.

Oh, and cool statistic: from all the 6 biggest European leagues (England, Germany, Italy, France, Spain, Netherlands), only two teams have won all their home games so far in 2024. These are Arsenal and...N.E.C. Nijmegen. Damn, we are having a blastPosted Image

This post has been edited by Gorefest: 31 March 2024 - 09:15 PM

#1652 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 01 April 2024 - 12:50 AM

View PostGorefest, on 31 March 2024 - 09:11 PM, said:

What a season. We just leap-frogged Ajax into 5th place after being the only team this season to beat PSV. Damn, my team is having a dream season. And considering we only got promoted two seasons ago, gotta keep pinching myself.

Oh, and cool statistic: from all the 6 biggest European leagues (England, Germany, Italy, France, Spain, Netherlands), only two teams have won all their home games so far in 2024. These are Arsenal and...N.E.C. Nijmegen. Damn, we are having a blastPosted Image

Uh-oh ... *looks around nervously for inevitable universal reaction* :unsure:

#1653 User is offline   ContrarianMalazanReader 

• Fist

Posted 17 April 2024 - 06:45 AM

I sincerely hope Borussia Dortmund make it all the way to the final in the Champions League.

#1654 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 17 April 2024 - 10:03 AM

The Leverkusen story this season is fantastic. Also very hilarious for poor Harry Kane who moved from Spurs to Munich for a guaranteed title and still didn't get one haha
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#1655 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 19 April 2024 - 04:58 PM

Our arch rivals vitesse arnhem just received an 18-point deduction due to severe financial mismanagement in the Dutch Premier League and are currently relegated with -1 points 🤣

This post has been edited by Gorefest: 19 April 2024 - 04:58 PM

#1656 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 19 April 2024 - 05:19 PM

Nearly all British teams out of Europe, except... Aston Villa! Did not see that happening at the beginning of the season!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#1657 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 19 April 2024 - 05:20 PM

View PostGorefest, on 19 April 2024 - 04:58 PM, said:

Our arch rivals vitesse arnhem just received an 18-point deduction due to severe financial mismanagement in the Dutch Premier League and are currently relegated with -1 points 🤣

Here's hoping something similar happens to the cheating scumbags at City!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

Share this topic:

• 83 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users