• You cannot reply to this topic

Soccer/Football/Futbol/Whatever in general The round ball game

#1381 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 18 August 2022 - 08:25 AM

Might watch this

https://collider.com...-s-release-date

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#1382 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 22 August 2022 - 08:51 PM

Well that was ... unexpected. :ermm:

Casemiro huh? A bit of extra defensive spine doesn't hurt. Especially after games 1 and 2. :doh:

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 22 August 2022 - 08:55 PM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#1383 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 22 August 2022 - 09:11 PM

I jokingly said to my brother today that we've had our toughest two matches and it's plain sailing from here. Didn't actually expect to beat the bin dippers!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#1384 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 23 August 2022 - 07:20 PM

Been buzzing all day haha so chuffed about that result!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#1385 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 23 August 2022 - 10:25 PM

The beginning of the Ten Hag era.

Heard today that when he called the players back on Sunday after the Brentford embarrasment, he told them they had to do a punishment training run covering the distance that they ran less on the pitch than the opponent, which was around 8.5 miles.

The players started to get upset, until they realised that Ten Hag was going to join them on the run as he accepted part of the blame for the performance. In 33 degrees heat, a 52 year old bloke keeping pace with trained athletes.

Then Man U - Liverpool happened. With Maguire, Shaw and Ronaldo on the bench. Gotta give the man props. He did the same in the Netherlands. He is the real deal.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#1386 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 01 September 2022 - 11:22 PM

Erling Haaland. What's he on?

Based on highlights I've seen of that last two games, he has an uncanny ability to be at the right spot. Like one of the best I've seen.

#1387 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 02 October 2022 - 08:29 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 01 September 2022 - 11:22 PM, said:

Erling Haaland. What's he on?

Based on highlights I've seen of that last two games, he has an uncanny ability to be at the right spot. Like one of the best I've seen.

Le sigh :doh:

#1388 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 03 October 2022 - 08:49 AM

Caught the highlights. I mean, his play and movement just pops off the screen. Rare air, upper echelon talent comes through when watching his play right now. I'm sure a slump is over due and a crash down to mere mortal is nigh.

#1389 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 14 October 2022 - 06:24 AM

Sunday, the crash happens this coming sunday

#1390 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 14 October 2022 - 07:05 AM

View PostMacros, on 14 October 2022 - 06:24 AM, said:

Ah my least favourite fixture, the one where I always ask the question "surely there's a way that both teams can lose?"
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#1391 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 14 October 2022 - 09:55 AM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 14 October 2022 - 07:05 AM, said:

Ah my least favourite fixture, the one where I always ask the question "surely there's a way that both teams can lose?"

Maybe 0-0, with a few injuries and/or lengthy suspensions? ;)

#1392 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 14 October 2022 - 10:13 AM

View PostTsundoku, on 14 October 2022 - 09:55 AM, said:

View PostTiste Simeon, on 14 October 2022 - 07:05 AM, said:

Maybe 0-0, with a few injuries and/or lengthy suspensions? ;)

I usually just hope for a small but dense comet to hit the stadium...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#1393 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 16 October 2022 - 05:34 PM

That was a hell of a game

#1394 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 22 October 2022 - 06:47 PM

United getting a goal in squeaky bum time is a lovely flashback to the good days and brings hope! Liverpool losing is just a good weekend!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#1395 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 06 November 2022 - 02:17 PM

Seen a big sign at Dortmund where the fans are saying boycott Qatar and I'm loving it. If only there was more big concerted efforts to boycott this most ridiculous of tournaments that should never have happened...

I'll not be watching any of it.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#1396 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 06 November 2022 - 04:34 PM

Stories of fans being paid to fly out to qatar

#1397 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 13 November 2022 - 12:25 PM

I'm wondering how big the bribes were for FIFA to actually think they could give Qatar a WC and people would swallow their bullshit reasons.
More likely, the bribes were so big the voters didn't have to give a shit about the future.

https://www.news.com...6f3e2f063e1a563

Qatar’s laws put Football World Cup fans at risk
The Football World Cup is a week away now but fans heading to the event will need to be careful – or the consequences could be dire.

Stay safe - don't go. Don't even watch.

https://www.betootaa...uilt-by-slaves/

Qatar’s Amazing World Cup Stadiums Likened To The Pyramids Because They Were Both Built By Slaves - satire article (or is it ...?)

#1398 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 13 November 2022 - 05:27 PM

Pyramids weren't built by slaves, though, is the current scientific thinking.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#1399 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 18 November 2022 - 09:14 AM

View PostGorefest, on 13 November 2022 - 05:27 PM, said:

I've seen some docos recently that posit that it was a mix.

Anyhoo, looks like beer's off the menu, boys:

https://www.news.com...718d752f6fabcf2

Then again, it's not like Bud is actually drinkable. Or beer, for that matter.

On a slightly serious note:

1. you shouldn't need booze to enjoy a sport. As a matter of fact, I predict the thuggery at this WC will be at a record minimum.
Not only because of that, but who wants to spend time in a Qatari prison? Not this kid. Those countries do not play nice.
2. On the other hand - the sheer fucking gall of the Qataris - spending all that bribe money to get a WC, then zillions of petrodollars and thousands of slave worker deaths building a massive bunch of ginormous white elephants, only to renege on one of the few things that would make a WC in such a sun-drenched shithole tolerable. You can't change the rules 5 minutes before.
Frankly, They should never, ever have gained the right to host. On that we all agree. But that horse hasn't just bolted, they have their passport stamped already and are on the plane. Ironically to Qatar. Us having accepted that bitter reality, they shouldn't have invited the world to play the biggest sporting event at their place, then come out with "you can do anything here, we are friendly and welcoming ... But you can't do that. Or that. Or that now ..."

But seriously, what sort of retards thought that going to a WC in a strict Muslim Gulf oil-rich nation was going to be as advertised? You need to have your head read if you think it was going to be a great experience. These people are nutjobs, whose arrogance and delusions are enabled by our regrettable dependence on their unfortunately critical product money.

The financials of every FIFA delegate who voted for the Qatar bid and their extended families should be investigated to a quantum degree. Noone voted on that because it was "the best bid". What a blatant fucking lie. It's like being turkey slapped by Shaggy and then told "it wasn't me". It's like Trump and his ilk and their "alternative facts". They have so much contempt for us they don't even both coming up with vaguely plausible or at least mildly defensible bullshit.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 18 November 2022 - 09:14 AM

#1400 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 18 November 2022 - 12:55 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 18 November 2022 - 09:14 AM, said:

View PostGorefest, on 13 November 2022 - 05:27 PM, said:

I've seen some docos recently that posit that it was a mix.

Anyhoo, looks like beer's off the menu, boys:

https://www.news.com...718d752f6fabcf2

Then again, it's not like Bud is actually drinkable. Or beer, for that matter.

On a slightly serious note:

1. you shouldn't need booze to enjoy a sport. As a matter of fact, I predict the thuggery at this WC will be at a record minimum.
Not only because of that, but who wants to spend time in a Qatari prison? Not this kid. Those countries do not play nice.
2. On the other hand - the sheer fucking gall of the Qataris - spending all that bribe money to get a WC, then zillions of petrodollars and thousands of slave worker deaths building a massive bunch of ginormous white elephants, only to renege on one of the few things that would make a WC in such a sun-drenched shithole tolerable. You can't change the rules 5 minutes before.
Frankly, They should never, ever have gained the right to host. On that we all agree. But that horse hasn't just bolted, they have their passport stamped already and are on the plane. Ironically to Qatar. Us having accepted that bitter reality, they shouldn't have invited the world to play the biggest sporting event at their place, then come out with "you can do anything here, we are friendly and welcoming ... But you can't do that. Or that. Or that now ..."

But seriously, what sort of retards thought that going to a WC in a strict Muslim Gulf oil-rich nation was going to be as advertised? You need to have your head read if you think it was going to be a great experience. These people are nutjobs, whose arrogance and delusions are enabled by our regrettable dependence on their unfortunately critical product money.

The financials of every FIFA delegate who voted for the Qatar bid and their extended families should be investigated to a quantum degree. Noone voted on that because it was "the best bid". What a blatant fucking lie. It's like being turkey slapped by Shaggy and then told "it wasn't me". It's like Trump and his ilk and their "alternative facts". They have so much contempt for us they don't even both coming up with vaguely plausible or at least mildly defensible bullshit.

... time to riot?

... and if the football hooligans get locked up in Qatar indefinitely, or lose a couple of limbs ('Cutter')... they may have time to hone their headbutts?

Share this topic:

• 83 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users