Malazan Empire: Manchester Malazan Meetup February 11th 2017 - Malazan Empire

Jump to content

  • 6 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Manchester Malazan Meetup February 11th 2017 Some visitors from foreign shores will be attending

#1 User is offline   Centzon Totochtin 

  • For Pony!
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 188
  • Joined: 13-August 06
  • Location:Sydney, Aus
  • Interests:Stuff, and sometimes also things.
  • Bunnies!

Posted 04 September 2016 - 12:02 PM

Hello forumites! I shall be in England and Europe in Feb 2017. I currently have 1 week in Windsor/London, where I can get anywhere in England for visits also, 4-5 days in Paris, 4 days with family stuff, then 7 days currently unallocated. I am looking for advice on where could be good to visit for 7 days (starting and finishing back in London) in winter in Europe and if anyone want s to try and have some sort of catch up or drinks :rtfm:

This post has been edited by Centzon Totochtin: 04 September 2016 - 09:34 PM

That Elephant is looking rather frayed at the edges
0

#2 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

  • Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police
  • Posts: 2,122
  • Joined: 03-September 04

Posted 04 September 2016 - 12:25 PM

Iceland! You'll love it for a 2 or 3 night jaunt. Flights from London to Reykjavik are easy and tour companies do bus trips to see the geysers and northern lights.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed
0

#3 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

  • Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police
  • Posts: 2,122
  • Joined: 03-September 04

Posted 04 September 2016 - 12:28 PM

Oh and I've been to Rome in February. It was a bit chilly but not as cold as the UK, we had a great time while the sites were more quiet.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed
0

#4 User is offline   Uncle Bubba 

  • High Marshall
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators
  • Posts: 1,404
  • Joined: 05-April 07
  • Location:NH, USA
  • Interests:5.3%
  • Kill all the golfers...

Posted 04 September 2016 - 02:40 PM

View PostCentzon Totochtin, on 04 September 2016 - 12:02 PM, said:

Hello forumites! I shall be in England and Europe in Feb 2015. I currently have 1 week in Windsor/London, where I can get anywhere in England for visits also, 4-5 days in Paris, 4 days with family stuff, then 7 days currently unallocated. I am looking for advice on where could be good to visit for 7 days (starting and finishing back in London) in winter in Europe and if anyone want s to try and have some sort of catch up or drinks :rtfm:


If I ever make a time machine I will go back in time and have drinks with you.Posted Image

0

#5 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

  • Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 9,943
  • Joined: 08-October 04
  • Location:T'North

Posted 04 September 2016 - 06:02 PM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 04 September 2016 - 12:25 PM, said:

Iceland! You'll love it for a 2 or 3 night jaunt. Flights from London to Reykjavik are easy and tour companies do bus trips to see the geysers and northern lights.

HECK YES!! Wow Air fly there cheap. :rtfm: Let me know if you want specifics.

Also if you want to head North (specifically Manchester) I'd love to see you again. Could probably get Brood, Stone Monkey, IH and some others to hang out. Could probably put you up for a night or two if you came on a weekend - we have a nice large-ish house and a big spare room!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.
1

#6 User is offline   Centzon Totochtin 

  • For Pony!
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 188
  • Joined: 13-August 06
  • Location:Sydney, Aus
  • Interests:Stuff, and sometimes also things.
  • Bunnies!

Posted 04 September 2016 - 09:56 PM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 04 September 2016 - 12:25 PM, said:

Iceland! You'll love it for a 2 or 3 night jaunt. Flights from London to Reykjavik are easy and tour companies do bus trips to see the geysers and northern lights.


Oh I like this idea!

View PostBubba, on 04 September 2016 - 02:40 PM, said:

If I ever make a time machine I will go back in time and have drinks with you.Posted Image



Shhhh you saw nothing... NOTHING!

View PostTiste Simeon, on 04 September 2016 - 06:02 PM, said:

View PostMezla PigDog, on 04 September 2016 - 12:25 PM, said:

Iceland! You'll love it for a 2 or 3 night jaunt. Flights from London to Reykjavik are easy and tour companies do bus trips to see the geysers and northern lights.

HECK YES!! Wow Air fly there cheap. :rtfm: Let me know if you want specifics.

Also if you want to head North (specifically Manchester) I'd love to see you again. Could probably get Brood, Stone Monkey, IH and some others to hang out. Could probably put you up for a night or two if you came on a weekend - we have a nice large-ish house and a big spare room!


I could probably be up in Manchester on Sat 11 Feb, would be awesome to see people!
That Elephant is looking rather frayed at the edges
0

#7 User is offline   Grimjust Bearegular 

  • Irregular Bacon Berserker Medic of the Abyssmal Army
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Posts: 1,638
  • Joined: 20-July 06
  • Location:Vault 101
  • Interests:MAFIA, drawing and writing.
  • Godless killing machine - and proud of it!

    Also, braaaaiiiinnnnzzzzzzzz!

Posted 05 September 2016 - 09:46 AM

Come to Norway, we have stuff! And things!




View PostTiste Simeon, on 04 September 2016 - 06:02 PM, said:

View PostMezla PigDog, on 04 September 2016 - 12:25 PM, said:

Iceland! You'll love it for a 2 or 3 night jaunt. Flights from London to Reykjavik are easy and tour companies do bus trips to see the geysers and northern lights.

HECK YES!! Wow Air fly there cheap. :rtfm: Let me know if you want specifics.

Also if you want to head North (specifically Manchester) I'd love to see you again. Could probably get Brood, Stone Monkey, IH and some others to hang out. Could probably put you up for a night or two if you came on a weekend - we have a nice large-ish house and a big spare room!



Room for more?
Things and stuffs...and other important objects.
1

#8 User is offline   Centzon Totochtin 

  • For Pony!
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 188
  • Joined: 13-August 06
  • Location:Sydney, Aus
  • Interests:Stuff, and sometimes also things.
  • Bunnies!

Posted 05 September 2016 - 09:55 AM

View PostGrimjust Bearegular, on 05 September 2016 - 09:46 AM, said:

Come to Norway, we have stuff! And things!




View PostTiste Simeon, on 04 September 2016 - 06:02 PM, said:

View PostMezla PigDog, on 04 September 2016 - 12:25 PM, said:

Iceland! You'll love it for a 2 or 3 night jaunt. Flights from London to Reykjavik are easy and tour companies do bus trips to see the geysers and northern lights.

HECK YES!! Wow Air fly there cheap. :rtfm: Let me know if you want specifics.

Also if you want to head North (specifically Manchester) I'd love to see you again. Could probably get Brood, Stone Monkey, IH and some others to hang out. Could probably put you up for a night or two if you came on a weekend - we have a nice large-ish house and a big spare room!



Room for more?


I can hotel if it means you could be around! :rtfm: My mum is paying for most of the hotels for this trip - gotta be perks to travelling with parents. She will not be meeting malazans with me :rtfm:
That Elephant is looking rather frayed at the edges
0

#9 User is offline   Morgoth 

  • executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 9,992
  • Joined: 24-January 03
  • Location:the void

Posted 05 September 2016 - 10:20 AM

I'm in Oslo too at that time and would be happy to buy you a beer.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil
2

#10 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

  • Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 9,943
  • Joined: 08-October 04
  • Location:T'North

Posted 05 September 2016 - 12:54 PM

View PostCentzon Totochtin, on 05 September 2016 - 09:55 AM, said:

View PostGrimjust Bearegular, on 05 September 2016 - 09:46 AM, said:

Come to Norway, we have stuff! And things!




View PostTiste Simeon, on 04 September 2016 - 06:02 PM, said:

View PostMezla PigDog, on 04 September 2016 - 12:25 PM, said:

Iceland! You'll love it for a 2 or 3 night jaunt. Flights from London to Reykjavik are easy and tour companies do bus trips to see the geysers and northern lights.

HECK YES!! Wow Air fly there cheap. :rtfm: Let me know if you want specifics.

Also if you want to head North (specifically Manchester) I'd love to see you again. Could probably get Brood, Stone Monkey, IH and some others to hang out. Could probably put you up for a night or two if you came on a weekend - we have a nice large-ish house and a big spare room!



Room for more?


I can hotel if it means you could be around! :rtfm: My mum is paying for most of the hotels for this trip - gotta be perks to travelling with parents. She will not be meeting malazans with me :rtfm:

Umm yeah we could up one more in the smaller spare room if you were being serious. I'm sure Mrs Tiste would be OK with it as she has met quite a few Malazites and they've not scared her too much...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.
0

#11 User is offline   Morgoth 

  • executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 9,992
  • Joined: 24-January 03
  • Location:the void

Posted 05 September 2016 - 02:10 PM

Mrs. Tiste is his Real Doll, might be good to know that in advance so that the tea party don't freak you out as much.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil
2

#12 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

  • Elder God
  • Group: Administrators
  • Posts: 5,292
  • Joined: 08-February 04

Posted 05 September 2016 - 05:59 PM

Manchester meetup would be good! We haven't had a big meetup for a while. I've got a couple of spare beds I can put people up in if you need somewhere to stay.

Europe in February is generally going to be fairly chilly for an Australian but classic cities to visit which won't massively be affected by cold and are easy to get to would be Rome or Barcelona, loads to see and amazing food and on the warmer side for Europe.

Or go to Iceland or Scandinavia to find out what winter really is!
0

#13 User is offline   Grimjust Bearegular 

  • Irregular Bacon Berserker Medic of the Abyssmal Army
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Posts: 1,638
  • Joined: 20-July 06
  • Location:Vault 101
  • Interests:MAFIA, drawing and writing.
  • Godless killing machine - and proud of it!

    Also, braaaaiiiinnnnzzzzzzzz!

Posted 05 September 2016 - 07:05 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 05 September 2016 - 05:59 PM, said:

Manchester meetup would be good! We haven't had a big meetup for a while. I've got a couple of spare beds I can put people up in if you need somewhere to stay.

Europe in February is generally going to be fairly chilly for an Australian but classic cities to visit which won't massively be affected by cold and are easy to get to would be Rome or Barcelona, loads to see and amazing food and on the warmer side for Europe.

Or go to Iceland or Scandinavia to find out what winter really is!


I just spent a week in Barcelona, fucking amazing city!


I would seriously consider coming over for a meet-up, I've been dying to go to one for years :rtfm:
Things and stuffs...and other important objects.
0

#14 User is offline   Centzon Totochtin 

  • For Pony!
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 188
  • Joined: 13-August 06
  • Location:Sydney, Aus
  • Interests:Stuff, and sometimes also things.
  • Bunnies!

Posted 05 September 2016 - 09:47 PM

I'm clearly super keen for some sort of meet up! Posted Image

So my list so far for my extra week:
  • Barcelona
  • Iceland
  • Norway (for Ale!)

I've been to Rome (and Prague, Berlin, Brussels, Copenhagen, Venice, Vienna) before, so definitely wanting to explore somewhere new.
That Elephant is looking rather frayed at the edges
1

#15 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

  • Elder God
  • Group: Administrators
  • Posts: 5,292
  • Joined: 08-February 04

Posted 05 September 2016 - 09:56 PM

So some sort of meet up Saturday 12th February 2016 in Manchester? I think that's enough notice to get a reasonable turn out!

You've hit most of the big western European destinations there, another place to think about is dubrovnik which is pretty cool for a few days, especially if you are a game of thrones fan, or a trip to some of the countryside places might be worthwhile. The lake district or the peak district are spectacular though not usually at there best in February!
0

#16 User is offline   Grimjust Bearegular 

  • Irregular Bacon Berserker Medic of the Abyssmal Army
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Posts: 1,638
  • Joined: 20-July 06
  • Location:Vault 101
  • Interests:MAFIA, drawing and writing.
  • Godless killing machine - and proud of it!

    Also, braaaaiiiinnnnzzzzzzzz!

Posted 06 September 2016 - 11:23 AM

OMG, I'll be there!
Things and stuffs...and other important objects.
2

#17 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

  • Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 9,943
  • Joined: 08-October 04
  • Location:T'North

Posted 06 September 2016 - 03:47 PM

The sooner we can lock down that weekend as a definite, the better. If IH, me, Grim and Centz can all be there, we can drag the others in too, as there is enough time to do so. Might even get Dag involved as she is often in Manchester too! Depends what she and SM are up to.

I know it's a few months away but I'm pretty excited!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.
1

#18 User is offline   Centzon Totochtin 

  • For Pony!
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 188
  • Joined: 13-August 06
  • Location:Sydney, Aus
  • Interests:Stuff, and sometimes also things.
  • Bunnies!

Posted 06 September 2016 - 09:55 PM

I can lock in that weekend now! That is probably the only Saturday I have free on this trip in England and I have already booked it in my travel planner with my mum :rtfm: Super excited! Posted Image
That Elephant is looking rather frayed at the edges
0

#19 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

  • Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 9,943
  • Joined: 08-October 04
  • Location:T'North

Posted 07 September 2016 - 11:14 AM

View PostCentzon Totochtin, on 06 September 2016 - 09:55 PM, said:

I can lock in that weekend now! That is probably the only Saturday I have free on this trip in England and I have already booked it in my travel planner with my mum :rtfm: Super excited! Posted Image

Wait, is your mum coming too?
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.
0

#20 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

  • Elder God
  • Group: Administrators
  • Posts: 5,292
  • Joined: 08-February 04

Posted 07 September 2016 - 11:58 AM

sounds good!
0

Share this topic:


  • 6 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users