Malazan Empire: My name is Malaclypse and I'm a madman - Malazan Empire

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

My name is Malaclypse and I'm a madman & I need your help!

#201 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 11 September 2016 - 08:27 AM

View PostAzath Vitr (D, on 11 September 2016 - 06:35 AM, said:

View PostMalaclypse, on 11 September 2016 - 06:22 AM, said:

View PostGorefest, on 05 September 2016 - 01:08 AM, said:

Again, I don't buy it. Any nation out for whole-scale destruction is going to be isolated and pounded upon by other nations. Any group of individuals out to cause large-scale mayhem will want to preserve themselves and therefore make sure that at least some people survive. And finally the suicidal nutcases are usually isolated incidents or loners in which case they lack the scale and impact for wholesale destruction, or it is organisations like ISIS who get fanatics to blow themselves up but the people behind it want to live to see a new world and they need people for that. Nuclear bombs will leave survivors, deadly viruses will leave survivors. Nobody is going to willfully destroy a planet that they themselves are on or if they do they lack the followers to achieve a global impact. 100% termination of the species is simply not realistic. The only way to manage that is through a cataclysmic event (big rock from outer space or sun collapse) or accidental termination such as destroying the ozone layer. And even in the latter event you'll probably have some underground survivors. Or some sort of sterility virus, but again with the current state of human medicine we may even be able to find a solution to that.

You don't understand people. We are eminently capable of destroying this place and if you imagine otherwise, you are fooling yourself. I think it might be useful for you and I to have a private conversation about this because I know where you're coming from, it's nice to believe that the people around you would make the right choice if they were pressed but, with Brexit, we know that's not the case. A racist underclass has been created in both the United Kingdom and America - well to be honest, it's always existed in America and if you can motivate those people to vote you get Trump and it's madness.The current political strife in America is deliciously similar to the most outrageous Roman political antics from history. I would giggle my ass off if Trump waded into the ocean with a squad of Navy SEALs and ordered them to conquer the sea. That's how fucking crazy it has become down there. We tend to get Cascadian Americans which is a blessing because they tend to be forward-thinking liberals and we get along just fine. Gorefest, honestly, you just lack a firm grasp of the facts but I forgive you for that. If you feel that you have a position that you can defend then we should continue via PM. Nothing would please me more. All of my best friends have given up, quite frankly and I crave fresh meat.

Just as past near-extinction-level events caused rapid human progress (see https://en.wikipedia...astrophe_theory for example---or the Black Plague) in the past, they suggest the potential for vastly accelerated development of transhumanist adaptations (if they aren't happening already in private).

It's highly unlikely that *all* human life would be wiped out in a single moment (or even one fateful, classic, tragic day: "Le jour n'est pas plus pur que le fond de mon nu coeur"). Therefore:

Jesus water-walking Christ! And people call me crazy! A natural catastrophe is one thing and is likely subsumed by your tidy little theory but a human-caused catastrophe is decidedly not. I sense a willingness to engage on your part which I respect but this is too juvenile an idea to take seriously. Also, an asteroid could finish us all so the only interesting and important thing is to get off this rock. Anything else is just waiting to be victim to cosmic happenstance.

#202 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User

Posted 11 September 2016 - 08:33 AM

View PostAbyss, on 11 September 2016 - 07:20 AM, said:

View PostMalaclypse, on 11 September 2016 - 07:15 AM, said:

View Postamphibian, on 07 September 2016 - 01:58 AM, said:

I envision Malaclypse coming back to this thread and becoming so enraged that he tosses his tablet into the couch before going outside to start a fight with Canadian geese.

We should meet. We're on the same continent now. It's going to have to be you that travels because I won't go to Amurrica Crazy-Land under any circumstances. There were times in the writing comp that I felt close to you, a sense of sameness and my every contact with you since then has been negative so if you want to come, you will have to pay but I think it would be good for you - we could work some things out. Four days would do it I reckon. I don't use tablets or laptops. I'm either on my glorious desktop with two monitors or I'm on my phone - I have no interest in tablets and, given all the time I spent in England, I am overcome with the cheapest sort of pride when I see Canada Geese (NOT Canadian Geese) - in fact I've defended Canada Geese against wild Swans where we lived in England. I've actually charged into the water in defence of Canada Geese because Swans are horrible cunts towards other Swans, let alone other birds - a most obnoxious breed. There was one time I called the wildlife authority because a pair of Swans was abusing a lost cygnet, having pushed the parents out of the little lake. It was awful. That being said, Canada Geese would behave the same way if they were the biggest birds on the lake. I've shot, killed and ate many Canada Geese and I would do so again just as soon as I can get a firearms permit but, BUT, when I see one flying alone I have pity for them because I know they mate for life and I am the same.

Get a room.

You're such a lowest common denominator sort of poster. You never give up anything of yourself. It makes one wonder, what are you hiding?

#203 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User

Posted 11 September 2016 - 08:38 AM

Also it's funny that c_unt is censored but "cunts" is okay. Get your shit together moderators.

#204 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

• Scarecrow of Low House PEN
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 11 September 2016 - 08:52 AM

View PostMalaclypse, on 11 September 2016 - 08:15 AM, said:

View PostEmperorMagus, on 11 September 2016 - 05:45 AM, said:

View PostMalaclypse, on 11 September 2016 - 05:36 AM, said:

OK I'm here and Imma try to catch up with the relentless spam in this thread and not get too angry about the pointlessness of the majority of your offerings.

Mal, do you think I'm suited to pursuing a legal career?

I've had a quick look at your recent posts and based on that I'd have to say no. You seem a bit of a silly fruitloop to be honest. But, that being said, people achieve hings they don't deserve all the time in this broken world. Good luck to you :killingme:

Thanks you for the fair and honest evaluation. I can assert with the utmost certainty that you evaluation of my state of existence is extremely accurate. You could categorize me as both silly and fruitloop.

What's a fruitloop?

The LSAT sucks.
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#205 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 September 2016 - 08:57 AM

You don't understand people. We are eminently capable of destroying this place and if you imagine otherwise, you are fooling yourself. [....].Gorefest, honestly, you just lack a firm grasp of the facts but I forgive you for that. If you feel that you have a position that you can defend then we should continue via PM. Nothing would please me more. All of my best friends have given up, quite frankly and I crave fresh meat.

I am truly humbled by your scope for forgiveness, I did not think my blatant ignorance deserved it. However, I think you completely missed my point. I don't think at all that all humans love each other at heart and are not capable of destroying our environs. What I am saying is that most scenarios of global destruction would either build in safe-guards for the destructors to survive or would not be global enough to reach every outpost of human society. I already acknowledged in a previous post that obviously an external cataclysmic force such as a meteor impact or the sun burning out would be the end of humanity at this point, but we are discussing human-driven extinction here. The thing with complete extinction is: you need to drop the population below a certain critical limit for it to be unable to recover. A large-scale destruction event like a nuclear war or a viral pandemic simply drastically reduces the numbers and turns the clock back to prehistoric times, but any survivors suddenly have a wealth of resources and space to bounce back.

And yes, people can be idiots and cruel and nasty, but they are also rational and caring and have a sense of personal self-preservation. And most societies strive to higher goals such as education and health, which compensates to an extent for individual greed or mob rule. Shitty things happen, but there are counter balances and people have an unprecendented capacity to bounce back. See 9/11, see the Bataclan, see the Spanish flu, see world war 2. We struggle and then rebuild. Through every age we have increased our capacity to destroy, yet never in history have there been more people on the planet. A reset may be imminent, but it won't terminate the species, just civilizations. It happened to the Romans, the Chinese, the Greeks, the Etruskans. It will happen to the USA and to Europe and to north-Korea. But something else will take its place.

This post has been edited by Gorefest: 11 September 2016 - 08:58 AM

Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#206 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 11 September 2016 - 01:37 PM

View PostMalaclypse, on 11 September 2016 - 06:04 AM, said:

View PostGust Hubb, on 04 September 2016 - 02:07 PM, said:

View PostMalaclypse, on 04 September 2016 - 07:12 AM, said:

View PostGust Hubb, on 03 September 2016 - 12:46 AM, said:

Seriously? You contribute to this thread with an embedded music video and no comment? What the fuck are we to make of that? I like the song and I don't mind listening to it but it's odd to just interject in that way, isn't it? The weirdest thing for me is how fucking awkward people are.

If the simple subtlety and interpretative complexity, depending on the person's state of mind and worldviews, of my post escapes you, that is beyond my supernatural abilities to help engender realization or enlightenment in yourself. I apologize for not providing a written, or even diagrammatic, exploration of all the potential meanings and innuendo presented in this work of art, but I assure you that expectations should be adjusted to continued allusiveness characterized by dual, nay triple, meanings, obscure references, and vague commentary when it comes to my posts to you, which gauging your usual bellicose and crass dialogue may become all the more frequent.

Welcome back.

LOL, you remain an insufferable tosspot. Congrats.

Stop, you are making me blush.
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#207 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 11 September 2016 - 01:50 PM

View PostEmperorMagus, on 11 September 2016 - 08:52 AM, said:

OK I'm here and Imma try to catch up with the relentless spam in this thread and not get too angry about the pointlessness of the majority of your offerings.

I've had a quick look at your recent posts and based on that I'd have to say no. You seem a bit of a silly fruitloop to be honest. But, that being said, people achieve hings they don't deserve all the time in this broken world. Good luck to you :killingme:

Thanks you for the fair and honest evaluation. I can assert with the utmost certainty that you evaluation of my state of existence is extremely accurate. You could categorize me as both silly and fruitloop.

What's a fruitloop?

The LSAT sucks.

LSAT can be repeated. In Canada, your undergrad marks are waaay more important. That, and coming up with a good PSE. It took me a month to apply Canada-wide.

logic games part of LSAT is pretty crap. I got lucky in that both of mine were sequencing, which was teh one set of games I was good at.
Don't sweat about formal logic- there's 3 sets, but one is there only as testing questions to use in future LSATs.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#208 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 11 September 2016 - 02:28 PM

View PostMalaclypse, on 11 September 2016 - 07:45 AM, said:

View PostWhisperzzzzzzz, on 08 September 2016 - 01:42 PM, said:

Speaking of Mal, I guess whatever he took freed him from the aimless tyranny of message board trolling?

EDIT: @Veng, the Yuuzhan Vong would be too awesome for mainstream audiences.

Oh yeah, you fancy your chances pipsqueak? I'm here and and apparently I haven't freed myself from the aimless tyranny of message-board trolling so how would you like to proceed, having openly antagonized me? What I like most is the shameless capitalizing on the fact that I'm in here sharing with you all my struggles and so on and you choose to pounce and take the piss out of the fact that I take mood-altering drugs when I can be sensible enough to do so. Thing is, I do it mostly for the sake of others. The main point of being provocative is to reveal the tendencies of others so you can deal with them appropriately :killingme: Be warned.

I think you misread my initial statement — it wasn't intended as disparaging; it was complimentarily hopeful for you. What fun is there in raging at a flat screen all day?

And I take mood-altering drugs too. Nothing wrong with that.

View PostMalaclypse, on 11 September 2016 - 08:27 AM, said:

Also, an asteroid could finish us all so the only interesting and important thing is to get off this rock. Anything else is just waiting to be victim to cosmic happenstance.

Amen.

This post has been edited by Whisperzzzzzzz: 11 September 2016 - 02:31 PM

#209 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 11 September 2016 - 03:31 PM

mal where in the world are you?

legit u seem like the guy id enjoy having drinks while chirping.

#210 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 11 September 2016 - 04:51 PM

Again, I don't buy it. Any nation out for whole-scale destruction is going to be isolated and pounded upon by other nations. Any group of individuals out to cause large-scale mayhem will want to preserve themselves and therefore make sure that at least some people survive. And finally the suicidal nutcases are usually isolated incidents or loners in which case they lack the scale and impact for wholesale destruction, or it is organisations like ISIS who get fanatics to blow themselves up but the people behind it want to live to see a new world and they need people for that. Nuclear bombs will leave survivors, deadly viruses will leave survivors. Nobody is going to willfully destroy a planet that they themselves are on or if they do they lack the followers to achieve a global impact. 100% termination of the species is simply not realistic. The only way to manage that is through a cataclysmic event (big rock from outer space or sun collapse) or accidental termination such as destroying the ozone layer. And even in the latter event you'll probably have some underground survivors. Or some sort of sterility virus, but again with the current state of human medicine we may even be able to find a solution to that.

You don't understand people. We are eminently capable of destroying this place and if you imagine otherwise, you are fooling yourself. I think it might be useful for you and I to have a private conversation about this because I know where you're coming from, it's nice to believe that the people around you would make the right choice if they were pressed but, with Brexit, we know that's not the case. A racist underclass has been created in both the United Kingdom and America - well to be honest, it's always existed in America and if you can motivate those people to vote you get Trump and it's madness.The current political strife in America is deliciously similar to the most outrageous Roman political antics from history. I would giggle my ass off if Trump waded into the ocean with a squad of Navy SEALs and ordered them to conquer the sea. That's how fucking crazy it has become down there. We tend to get Cascadian Americans which is a blessing because they tend to be forward-thinking liberals and we get along just fine. Gorefest, honestly, you just lack a firm grasp of the facts but I forgive you for that. If you feel that you have a position that you can defend then we should continue via PM. Nothing would please me more. All of my best friends have given up, quite frankly and I crave fresh meat.

Just as past near-extinction-level events caused rapid human progress (see https://en.wikipedia...astrophe_theory for example---or the Black Plague) in the past, they suggest the potential for vastly accelerated development of transhumanist adaptations (if they aren't happening already in private).

It's highly unlikely that *all* human life would be wiped out in a single moment (or even one fateful, classic, tragic day: "Le jour n'est pas plus pur que le fond de mon nu coeur"). Therefore:
https://www.youtube....h?v=JzSMjSxM5Vo

Jesus water-walking Christ! And people call me crazy! A natural catastrophe is one thing and is likely subsumed by your tidy little theory but a human-caused catastrophe is decidedly not. I sense a willingness to engage on your part which I respect but this is too juvenile an idea to take seriously. Also, an asteroid could finish us all so the only interesting and important thing is to get off this rock. Anything else is just waiting to be victim to cosmic happenstance.

Would an asteroid kill everyone instantly? Or even within a day? Perhaps if it were the size of a small moon; otherwise, no.

After the initial impact (with its attendant earthquakes, volcanic erruptions, and fires), what will end up killing most people is starvation.

But we have produced ridiculous amounts of food, and even if all the non-perishable food ran out, we can produce sufficient food without sunlight (or soil (hydrophonics), or workers (automation, crude AI)); we can produce artificial sunlight using nuclear energy.

There are already many old fall-out shelters from the Cold War. They can be improved on for other doomsday scenarios. Especially if the alternative is imminent death.

So some of the super-rich would survive in their shelters, while almost all the rest of the animal and plant life died. (Some people with access to non-perishable food may survive. The harsh conditions could drastically increase the rate of natural selection, and motivate technological innovation---relative to whatever technology they have left and can power. Just like what happened when that supervolcano errupted about 70,000 years ago, blotted out the sun, and killed almost all humans.)

Currently, transhumanism is being held back by:
- Government regulations on "unethical" human testing
- Fear of being a test subject because of possible negative health consequences (like death)
- Funds and technological / scientific labor being devoted to trivia or to other questions

Against the pressing threat of near-future extinction, these concerns would seem trivial. Transhumanism could flourish underground, among the offspring of the super-rich. Meanwhile, a perhaps smaller number of lucky mutant poor people would be rapidly evolving (if not transforming into birds...) to continue living even after all the available non-perishable food runs out.

But false vacuum decay could wipe out all life (on Earth) at any moment:

'The walls of the true vacuum bubble would expand in all directions at the speed of light. You wouldn't see it coming. The walls can contain a huge amount of energy, so you might be incinerated as the bubble wall ploughed through you. Different vacuum states have different constants of nature, so the basic structure of matter might also be disastrously altered. But it could be even worse: in 1980, theoretical physicists Sidney Coleman and Frank De Luccia calculated for the first time that any bubble of true vacuum would immediately suffer total gravitational collapse.

They say: "This is disheartening. The possibility that we are living in a false vacuum has never been a cheering one to contemplate. Vacuum decay is the ultimate ecological catastrophe; in a new vacuum there are new constants of nature; after vacuum decay, not only is life as we know it impossible, so is chemistry as we know it.

"However, one could always draw stoic comfort from the possibility that perhaps in the course of time the new vacuum would sustain, if not life as we know it, at least some creatures capable of knowing joy. This possibility has now been eliminated."'

https://cosmosmagazi...ate-catastrophe

What about human-caused catastrophes? Which ones are you referring to? Airborn pathogens? If they don't kill everyone almost instantly, some (most likely super-rich) people will survive, even if they have to wear something like space-suits to walk on the surface. Massive nuclear war? Unless it literally destroys the planet itself, refurbished and technologically improved fall-out shelters would suffice (and, as with asteroids, the same impetus towards technological adaptation and transhuman experimentation would hold... and it might even be better for any people who can survive outside the shelters, if the radiation increases their rate of mutation and allows natural selection to happen much more rapidly... though the more likely, and epochal, benefit is the move towards transhumanism).

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 11 September 2016 - 04:54 PM

#211 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 11 September 2016 - 05:15 PM

View PostMalaclypse, on 11 September 2016 - 08:07 AM, said:

View PostHoosierDaddy, on 10 September 2016 - 02:04 AM, said:

View PostObdigore, on 10 September 2016 - 01:56 AM, said:

Have you ever had sweet potato fries covered with maple syrup and honest to god cake frosting?

You could probably put it next to a sandwich.

That sounds like diabetes on a dish.

Also Canadian. They should just change the currency to the Maple Syrup Quotient.

Ignorance like this is hard to come by and lo and behold, it's an American spouting it - Surpise surprise. Get fatter on your own time but don't presume to blame your bad eating habits on us :killingme:

Lol. You post in the Inn and expect serious answers. On a Board you once owned. Ha.

Also... there is a button to respond to multiple posts. Or keep spamming and complaining about spamming.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#212 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 11 September 2016 - 07:13 PM

View PostAzath Vitr (D, on 11 September 2016 - 04:51 PM, said:

https://www.youtube....h?v=JzSMjSxM5Vo

Would an asteroid kill everyone instantly? Or even within a day? Perhaps if it were the size of a small moon; otherwise, no.

After the initial impact (with its attendant earthquakes, volcanic erruptions, and fires), what will end up killing most people is starvation.

But we have produced ridiculous amounts of food, and even if all the non-perishable food ran out, we can produce sufficient food without sunlight (or soil (hydrophonics), or workers (automation, crude AI)); we can produce artificial sunlight using nuclear energy.

There are already many old fall-out shelters from the Cold War. They can be improved on for other doomsday scenarios. Especially if the alternative is imminent death.

So some of the super-rich would survive in their shelters, while almost all the rest of the animal and plant life died. (Some people with access to non-perishable food may survive. The harsh conditions could drastically increase the rate of natural selection, and motivate technological innovation---relative to whatever technology they have left and can power. Just like what happened when that supervolcano errupted about 70,000 years ago, blotted out the sun, and killed almost all humans.)

Currently, transhumanism is being held back by:
- Government regulations on "unethical" human testing
- Fear of being a test subject because of possible negative health consequences (like death)
- Funds and technological / scientific labor being devoted to trivia or to other questions

Against the pressing threat of near-future extinction, these concerns would seem trivial. Transhumanism could flourish underground, among the offspring of the super-rich. Meanwhile, a perhaps smaller number of lucky mutant poor people would be rapidly evolving (if not transforming into birds...) to continue living even after all the available non-perishable food runs out.

But false vacuum decay could wipe out all life (on Earth) at any moment:

'The walls of the true vacuum bubble would expand in all directions at the speed of light. You wouldn't see it coming. The walls can contain a huge amount of energy, so you might be incinerated as the bubble wall ploughed through you. Different vacuum states have different constants of nature, so the basic structure of matter might also be disastrously altered. But it could be even worse: in 1980, theoretical physicists Sidney Coleman and Frank De Luccia calculated for the first time that any bubble of true vacuum would immediately suffer total gravitational collapse.

They say: "This is disheartening. The possibility that we are living in a false vacuum has never been a cheering one to contemplate. Vacuum decay is the ultimate ecological catastrophe; in a new vacuum there are new constants of nature; after vacuum decay, not only is life as we know it impossible, so is chemistry as we know it.

"However, one could always draw stoic comfort from the possibility that perhaps in the course of time the new vacuum would sustain, if not life as we know it, at least some creatures capable of knowing joy. This possibility has now been eliminated."'

https://cosmosmagazi...ate-catastrophe

What about human-caused catastrophes? Which ones are you referring to? Airborn pathogens? If they don't kill everyone almost instantly, some (most likely super-rich) people will survive, even if they have to wear something like space-suits to walk on the surface. Massive nuclear war? Unless it literally destroys the planet itself, refurbished and technologically improved fall-out shelters would suffice (and, as with asteroids, the same impetus towards technological adaptation and transhuman experimentation would hold... and it might even be better for any people who can survive outside the shelters, if the radiation increases their rate of mutation and allows natural selection to happen much more rapidly... though the more likely, and epochal, benefit is the move towards transhumanism).

Whoa, thanks for introducing me to the concept of vacuum decay! I'd never heard of it before, but it's quite compelling in a horrific way.

#213 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 12 September 2016 - 12:54 AM

FFS Mal, we had a Multi-Quote function. You don't have to reply to every single post with a new post!

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#214 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 12 September 2016 - 01:04 AM

View PostD, on 12 September 2016 - 12:54 AM, said:

FFS Mal, we had a Multi-Quote function. You don't have to reply to every single post with a new post!

toi be fair hed probably run out of room

#215 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 12 September 2016 - 03:13 AM

View PostMalaclypse, on 11 September 2016 - 08:33 AM, said:

View PostAbyss, on 11 September 2016 - 07:20 AM, said:

View PostMalaclypse, on 11 September 2016 - 07:15 AM, said:

View Postamphibian, on 07 September 2016 - 01:58 AM, said:

I envision Malaclypse coming back to this thread and becoming so enraged that he tosses his tablet into the couch before going outside to start a fight with Canadian geese.

We should meet. We're on the same continent now....I know they mate for life and I am the same.

Get a room.

You're such a lowest common denominator sort of poster. You never give up anything of yourself. It makes one wonder, what are you hiding?

Deep rooted insecurities and a hideous deformity.

Also, I'm Batman.

View PostMalaclypse, on 11 September 2016 - 08:38 AM, said:

Also it's funny that c_unt is censored but "cunts" is okay. Get your shit together moderators.

Right, we'll get right on that.

Any minute now.

Yep. Priority one there. All over it.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#216 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 12 September 2016 - 04:45 AM

View PostMalaclypse, on 11 September 2016 - 07:50 AM, said:

View Postamphibian, on 09 September 2016 - 03:24 AM, said:

I don't know why Mal wants people to "hate" him or "fight" with him in order to sustain interest here.

I mean, I tuned out all of the Star Trek stuff and my experience was still a fun one.

If he literally wants to fight, I'll take him up on that offer though. Me fite gut.

You are such an insufferable clunge. Why?! Why are you this way? You're not stupid. "If he literally wants to fight...Me fite gut" - really? You grapple good, I get that and that's cool. I would devour you in conversation and if it came to it, I would feed you to my dogs.

Your debate prowess consists solely of trying to insult the other person while trying to skate by with a thin thin veneer of pretend competence over a void of "Not invested in any of this at all". There's no discernable purpose to this either.

Oh my gods, you're the board Trump.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#217 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 12 September 2016 - 05:24 AM

View PostAbyss, on 12 September 2016 - 03:13 AM, said:

Deep rooted insecurities and a hideous deformity.

Also, I'm Batman.

Donald Trump has already publicly confessed to being Batman. And he cannot tell a lie, not even about having done to the USoAn media "what the first-green (Spring) does to the cherry trees" (as they're being chopped into kindling...).

Therefore, these forums are now being moderated by Donald Trump.

Reminds me of one of my favorite Jacobean hymn/poems:

Down in the depths of mine iniquity,
That ugly centre of infernal Spirits,
Where each sin feels er own deformity
In those peculiar torments she inerits;
Depriv'd of you-man graces, and divine,
E'en there appears this saving Pod of mine.

And in this fatal mirror of transgression,
Shows man as fruit of is degeneration,
The error's ugly infinite impression,
Which bares the faithless down to desperation;
Depriv'd of you-man graces, and divine,
E'en thar appears this
Spoiler
mine

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 12 September 2016 - 05:30 AM

#218 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User

Posted 12 September 2016 - 05:59 AM

View PostEmperorMagus, on 11 September 2016 - 08:52 AM, said:

What's a fruitloop?

The LSAT sucks.

This is part of why you are not suited to be a lawyer. Someone who would be good at lawyering would have figured out from the context of the discussion following your question that fruitloop is the current forum substitute for the word "c_unt" minus the underscore. No offense meant in all honesty. I'm not remotely offended if someone calls me a yappy fruitloop for example, that's just par for the course. People need to toughen up. One has to evaluate oneself honestly and fucking decide how to best go about your remaining days in this life and not let the opinions of others impact your decisions on any subject. Tick tock motherfucker, all you have is time.

#219 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User

Posted 12 September 2016 - 06:09 AM

View PostGorefest, on 11 September 2016 - 08:57 AM, said:

You don't understand people. We are eminently capable of destroying this place and if you imagine otherwise, you are fooling yourself. [....].Gorefest, honestly, you just lack a firm grasp of the facts but I forgive you for that. If you feel that you have a position that you can defend then we should continue via PM. Nothing would please me more. All of my best friends have given up, quite frankly and I crave fresh meat.

I am truly humbled by your scope for forgiveness, I did not think my blatant ignorance deserved it. However, I think you completely missed my point. I don't think at all that all humans love each other at heart and are not capable of destroying our environs. What I am saying is that most scenarios of global destruction would either build in safe-guards for the destructors to survive or would not be global enough to reach every outpost of human society. I already acknowledged in a previous post that obviously an external cataclysmic force such as a meteor impact or the sun burning out would be the end of humanity at this point, but we are discussing human-driven extinction here. The thing with complete extinction is: you need to drop the population below a certain critical limit for it to be unable to recover. A large-scale destruction event like a nuclear war or a viral pandemic simply drastically reduces the numbers and turns the clock back to prehistoric times, but any survivors suddenly have a wealth of resources and space to bounce back.

And yes, people can be idiots and cruel and nasty, but they are also rational and caring and have a sense of personal self-preservation. And most societies strive to higher goals such as education and health, which compensates to an extent for individual greed or mob rule. Shitty things happen, but there are counter balances and people have an unprecendented capacity to bounce back. See 9/11, see the Bataclan, see the Spanish flu, see world war 2. We struggle and then rebuild. Through every age we have increased our capacity to destroy, yet never in history have there been more people on the planet. A reset may be imminent, but it won't terminate the species, just civilizations. It happened to the Romans, the Chinese, the Greeks, the Etruskans. It will happen to the USA and to Europe and to north-Korea. But something else will take its place.

I think you overestimate human nature. In fact, I know that you have a false sense of human decency. I appreciate that you've made a real effort here and I applaud it but you're still wrong. Without looming punishment for misdeeds as defined by some overarching power, we go kill-crazy as a species. We do, and there's good reasons for it. We have millions of years of training on the african savannah, the most gradated pyramid of predators anywhere. At heart, we're paranoid savannah apes and we are the super-predator and that's how we find ourselves in the position we're in. We're the best, the most extreme at killing. A wolf snatches an infant from a tent, we kill the whole pack. It's how we've always been. It's our nature - absent the visceral reality of taking lives, we sublimate it into ridiculous social posturing. Bah.

#220 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User

Posted 12 September 2016 - 06:15 AM

View PostHoosierDaddy, on 11 September 2016 - 05:15 PM, said:

View PostMalaclypse, on 11 September 2016 - 08:07 AM, said:

View PostHoosierDaddy, on 10 September 2016 - 02:04 AM, said:

View PostObdigore, on 10 September 2016 - 01:56 AM, said:

Have you ever had sweet potato fries covered with maple syrup and honest to god cake frosting?

You could probably put it next to a sandwich.

That sounds like diabetes on a dish.

Also Canadian. They should just change the currency to the Maple Syrup Quotient.

Ignorance like this is hard to come by and lo and behold, it's an American spouting it - Surpise surprise. Get fatter on your own time but don't presume to blame your bad eating habits on us :killingme:

Lol. You post in the Inn and expect serious answers. On a Board you once owned. Ha.

Also... there is a button to respond to multiple posts. Or keep spamming and complaining about spamming.

Ha. I was waiting for this. You're quite right, I should use the multiquote function but I won't because I'm an asshole. Way to respond without actually responding. In other words, retreat. *waves* :lol:

Share this topic:

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

24 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 24 guests, 0 anonymous users