Malazan Empire: My name is Malaclypse and I'm a madman - Malazan Empire

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

My name is Malaclypse and I'm a madman & I need your help!

#81 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 06 September 2016 - 02:58 PM

View PostRaymond Luxury Yacht, on 06 September 2016 - 02:53 PM, said:

There is room in this world for both traditional Mexican tacos and crunchy Americanized tacos, which are known as gringo tacos to some.

Yes but once you have had good tacos why would you go back to voluntarily eating the other.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#82 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 06 September 2016 - 05:46 PM

I want texmex

#83 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 06 September 2016 - 05:50 PM

View PostVengeance, on 04 September 2016 - 03:25 PM, said:

I don't understand this thread. A sandwich is made of two distinct sliced pieces of bread with filler between the slices. A hot dog is not a sandwich as it does not incorporate two slices. A sub..aka.. Meatball sub.. Is not a sandwich as it is not made up of two distinct slices. Same with the trash that subway serves. Not a sandwich. A hamburger is classified as a sandwich as it is between distinct slices of bread.

So a hot dog is an open faced sandwich?
Tatts early in SH game: Hmm, so if I'm liberal I should have voted Nein to make sure I'm president? I'm not that selfish

Tatts later in SAME game: I'm going to be a corrupt official. I have turned from my liberal ways, and now will vote against the pesky liberals. Viva la Fascism.
When Venge's turn comes, he will get a yes from Mess, Dolmen, Nevyn and Venge but a no from the 3 fascists and me. **** with my Government, and i'll **** with yours

#84 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 06 September 2016 - 05:59 PM

View PostSecret Startaker, on 06 September 2016 - 05:50 PM, said:

View PostVengeance, on 04 September 2016 - 03:25 PM, said:

I don't understand this thread. A sandwich is made of two distinct sliced pieces of bread with filler between the slices. A hot dog is not a sandwich as it does not incorporate two slices. A sub..aka.. Meatball sub.. Is not a sandwich as it is not made up of two distinct slices. Same with the trash that subway serves. Not a sandwich. A hamburger is classified as a sandwich as it is between distinct slices of bread.

So a hot dog is an open faced sandwich?

A hot dog only becomes a sandwich if you cut the hot-dog bun in 2 pieces and place the sausage between them.

In russian and Ukrainian there is a word "buterbrod", clearly bastardized from German, that describes just about any combination of bread and cheese/vegetable/meat/condiments snack. It's a wide umbrella term that has no conventions (you don't even need the second piece of bread). Most things being argued over here (except for the tacos, burritos, pizza, gyros and other "flatbreads", that don't meat the traditional Slavic definition of "bread") would be described as "a type of buterbrod with XYZ between bread". Although as the world gets more globalized, foreign names are used,with people learning whatr they are from media nd live expoisure. The "new words" usually sound the way they sound in the language they are borrowed from.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 06 September 2016 - 06:03 PM

The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#85 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 06 September 2016 - 06:02 PM

What is the traditional Slavic definition of bread?
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#86 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 06 September 2016 - 06:10 PM

US Superior court weighs in

Legally, the two slicers have it!
Tatts early in SH game: Hmm, so if I'm liberal I should have voted Nein to make sure I'm president? I'm not that selfish

Tatts later in SAME game: I'm going to be a corrupt official. I have turned from my liberal ways, and now will vote against the pesky liberals. Viva la Fascism.
When Venge's turn comes, he will get a yes from Mess, Dolmen, Nevyn and Venge but a no from the 3 fascists and me. **** with my Government, and i'll **** with yours

#87 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 06 September 2016 - 06:21 PM

View Postamphibian, on 06 September 2016 - 06:02 PM, said:

Something you bake in the oven, with yeast to make the dough rise. Usually includes flour, water, butter. Served in slices with virtually every meal.

#88 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 06 September 2016 - 06:25 PM

View PostSecret Startaker, on 06 September 2016 - 06:10 PM, said:

Only in Massachusetts, though. I'm sure we'll get a contrary decision in other states, untill eventually the issue will have to go to the Supreme Court

#89 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 06 September 2016 - 06:50 PM

I really want good Mexican food now. Unfortunately that's quite hard to get in this country...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#90 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 06 September 2016 - 07:25 PM

View PostVengeance, on 06 September 2016 - 02:25 PM, said:

View PostMentalist, on 06 September 2016 - 01:36 PM, said:

I prefer burritos to tacos. Much easier to handle.

However, my Mexican friends tell me they aren't really a thing in Mexico. Just like the Finns don't really drink a lot of Finlandia vodka (which is something I was once told by a Finnish girl).

Why do other countries create thee export-based brands and encourage stereotypes of themselves that aren't true? I mean, I purchase a ton of Ukrainian honey vodka with pepper (I do like the spicy kick), but I know for a fact that it's a thing quite a few people back home drink as well, and it's now a made-up thing, but something people actually make and consume.

I can confirm that Burritos are not mexican it is a texmex thing. My mother-in-law had never heard of them until she moved here. Nachos are also texmex not mexican.

Texas still reserves the right to secede from the union and declare burritos Mexican food.
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#91 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 06 September 2016 - 07:31 PM

This is one of the worst decisions ever made and it was made not really because sandwiches were decided, but to wedge another business into a mall. I came across this in law school and have been railing against it for something like 7 years now.

View PostMentalist, on 06 September 2016 - 06:21 PM, said:

Something you bake in the oven, with yeast to make the dough rise. Usually includes flour, water, butter. Served in slices with virtually every meal.

So... unleavened bread isn't bread according to Slavs? What about matzoh or the bread used for Catholic rites? I know the Eastern Orthodox churches don't use unleavened bread, but they still see it as bread, right?

#92 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 06 September 2016 - 07:43 PM

View Postamphibian, on 06 September 2016 - 07:31 PM, said:

This is one of the worst decisions ever made and it was made not really because sandwiches were decided, but to wedge another business into a mall. I came across this in law school and have been railing against it for something like 7 years now.

So you knew about this ruling but did not contribute it to the discussion until someone else brought it up?

That suggests that you knew it was damaging to your argument, and withheld it because you are simply pushing a position, not seeking truth. What a sad time we live in.

#93 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 06 September 2016 - 07:56 PM

View PostSecret Startaker, on 06 September 2016 - 07:43 PM, said:

So you knew about this ruling but did not contribute it to the discussion until someone else brought it up?

That suggests that you knew it was damaging to your argument, and withheld it because you are simply pushing a position, not seeking truth. What a sad time we live in.

The defense points out that this information has been in the public realm for the last ten years and is easily searchable. The defense also points out that the defense does not have to do the prosecution's job for them.

#94 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 06 September 2016 - 07:59 PM

View Postamphibian, on 06 September 2016 - 07:31 PM, said:

View PostMentalist, on 06 September 2016 - 06:21 PM, said:

So... unleavened bread isn't bread according to Slavs? What about matzoh or the bread used for Catholic rites? I know the Eastern Orthodox churches don't use unleavened bread, but they still see it as bread, right?

I can't speak for our southern and western Catholic cousins, but we used the word "khlebtsy" (which is a diminutive form of "khleb" (ru) or "khlib" (ua) to describe what they eat during mass. As for matzoh, it's just matzoh. If presssed for further description, i'd probably quote the Old Testament translation using the word "khlebtsy" as well. Same root word, but colloquially, "bread" is this big, puffy (whether white or black) baked thing of dough that you always have in the house.

I mean, we're not talking about dictionary definitions here, but common linguistic perception. Ukrainian, in particular, is quite "immature" as a language, linguistically-speaking, an it's grounded in agricultural practices of the area-those who want to appeal to the old-school ethno-sensibilities still poetically describe us all as a nation of "khliborobs - which quite literally means "bread-makers" or "bread-workers", and this is meant to be a compliment!

I can honestly say I never heard of Flatbread until I encountered it in a Canadian Subway. The concept and name makes sense, but it's simply not something I ever encountered in the 12-odd years I lived in UA, either in stores or out in the country here people, including my grandmother baked their own bread. so I would not have had a word for it.

#95 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 06 September 2016 - 08:03 PM

View Postamphibian, on 06 September 2016 - 07:56 PM, said:

The defense points out that this information has been in the public realm for the last ten years and is easily searchable. The defense also points out that the defense does not have to do the prosecution's job for them.

So this is a trial? I thought it was a discussion in search of answers.

And if it were a trial, it appears you brought the case, making you the prosecution. Which would place upon you the burden of discovery.

#96 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 06 September 2016 - 08:07 PM

View PostSecret Startaker, on 06 September 2016 - 08:03 PM, said:

And if it were a trial, it appears you brought the case, making you the prosecution. Which would place upon you the burden of discovery.

This would not qualify as a criminal case. Amph is being snarky "defence rests" b/c you are bringing accusations of willfully concealing evidence.

Really, this ought to be a civil claim, with both sides having obligation to prove their case "on the balance of probabilities" which is a much lower standard for burden of proof then the "beyond reasonable doubt" as required by a criminal proceeding.

#97 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 06 September 2016 - 08:09 PM

So this would be decided by a jury of a hot dog's peers? Would that only be meat in tube form? Or would other cured/smoked meats be included?
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#98 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 06 September 2016 - 08:13 PM

View PostMentalist, on 06 September 2016 - 08:07 PM, said:

This would not qualify as a criminal case. Amph is being snarky "defence rests" b/c you are bringing accusations of willfully concealing evidence.

Really, this ought to be a civil claim, with both sides having obligation to prove their case "on the balance of probabilities" which is a much lower standard for burden of proof then the "beyond reasonable doubt" as required by a criminal proceeding.

Im not bringing accusations. He flat out wilfully admitted it.

And then he started talking about it as if he were an advocate so as to justify his withholding.

This would not be a civil case either, simply because no one here has standing to represent either side. Which was the whole everloving point. Amphibian wasn't put it all out there, considering the evidence, and then trying to weigh what was through. He was simply trying to "win" with not a care in the world whether he was right or wrong.

And that's fine if he wants to roll that way, but is certainly not the standard I expect from a 4 star poster.

#99 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 06 September 2016 - 08:17 PM

Oh, this ought to be good...

*grabs popcorn*

#100 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 06 September 2016 - 08:33 PM

View PostLady Bliss, on 06 September 2016 - 07:25 PM, said:

View PostVengeance, on 06 September 2016 - 02:25 PM, said:

View PostMentalist, on 06 September 2016 - 01:36 PM, said:

I prefer burritos to tacos. Much easier to handle.

However, my Mexican friends tell me they aren't really a thing in Mexico. Just like the Finns don't really drink a lot of Finlandia vodka (which is something I was once told by a Finnish girl).

Why do other countries create thee export-based brands and encourage stereotypes of themselves that aren't true? I mean, I purchase a ton of Ukrainian honey vodka with pepper (I do like the spicy kick), but I know for a fact that it's a thing quite a few people back home drink as well, and it's now a made-up thing, but something people actually make and consume.

I can confirm that Burritos are not mexican it is a texmex thing. My mother-in-law had never heard of them until she moved here. Nachos are also texmex not mexican.

Texas still reserves the right to secede from the union and declare burritos Mexican food.

Texas actually lost the right to secede from the union when they lost the civil war. 500k American paid a stupid high price to keep those idiots in the union. By god if they left now (the rest of the union would say see you dipshits) and then tell mexico that they would be free to invade and reclaim the land that was stolen from them to begin with. Ungrateful illegal immigrants that Sam Houston and those other asshats were. Then there would be no burritos in old (now new) Tejas.

My wifes family is from Mexico. My thoughts may have been a little influenced by that... The history is right though.

Also Lord Vador should be worshipped as a savor who brought peace to the empire for 35 years before he was brutally murdered by the assassin Luke Skywalker. All praise be Lord Vador.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

Share this topic:

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users