Fucking right.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#182 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 01 September 2016 - 02:28 AM

The books themselves start w/ like PG-13 cursing, and only go HARD R once we get to Lether. The maturation of the board is On Topic.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#183 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 01 September 2016 - 02:43 AM

View Postworry, on 01 September 2016 - 02:28 AM, said:

The books themselves start w/ like PG-13 cursing, and only go HARD R once we get to Lether. The maturation of the board is On Topic.

Even then, only in Bk7
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#184 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 01 September 2016 - 02:51 AM

There's an F bomb in Midnight Tides. Whoever finds it first wins a prize!
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#185 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 01 September 2016 - 03:59 AM

When do the dragons fuck?

#186 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 01 September 2016 - 04:38 AM

When the dragoncows fly.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#187 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 01 September 2016 - 06:22 AM

View PostSilencer, on 01 September 2016 - 12:33 AM, said:

View PostCoco with marshmallows, on 31 August 2016 - 10:35 PM, said:

View PostSilencer, on 31 August 2016 - 10:11 PM, said:

We're an adult forum

This still blows my mind. I joined as a fairly old fella of 21 in 2001, and we were expected not to swear as there were a lot of younger teenagers kicking about the forum. Swearing would get you a ban of 1/2/3/5/7 days depending on the mod.

Oh how times have changed, eh? Honestly, if they're a teenager they know all the swear words already. If they're less than 13 then they probably shouldn't be on the forum or are well mature enough (given the material itself) to take the occasional swear word. Generally speaking we don't endorse constant swearing and it's a bit different in different parts of the forum, but seriously, temp bans for swearing (that isn't a personal attack) don't make any sense with our demographic.

Hah! Me mum don't like it much but we have to put up wif it or we'd have no customers, boyo :)

#188 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 01 September 2016 - 06:44 AM

I need to express myself..here...more..

Be good y'all. Remember you live in America...the land of the free /salute

if you don't..that sucks.
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#189 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User

Posted 01 September 2016 - 06:50 AM

View PostApt, on 30 August 2016 - 11:44 AM, said:

View PostMalaclypse, on 30 August 2016 - 06:55 AM, said:

View PostApt, on 30 August 2016 - 06:20 AM, said:

It's probably because it's an abhorrent way to behave in a social situation.

Oh wow I see you have some immediate support there. Thing is, you precious flowers, this is not a social situation or if it is, it's a very low risk social situation so if you can't speak your mind and risk the consequences here then it's impossible for you. I punish people who imagine that they know more than they actually know and I'll do it alone surrounded by the friends of the person I'm challenging. When dealing with someone who's genuinely struggling with the mess that is modern life, I'm compassionate. Abhorrent?! What a ridiculous word to use in this context - "an abhorrent way to behave in a social situation" ? I spent ten years in England smashing the intellectual shit out of any fucker who would think to use the word abhorrent to describe non-criminal activity. I'm disappointed Apt.

We've had this discussion before in the chat forum, Mal.

You've got the rhetorical skills of a semi-literate thug. Your attitude does not come off in any way constructive or welcoming. You write like a teenager who thinks he's cool and edgy, too smart and beyond the normal social constraints of the sheeple, you despise for their conformity and unwillingness to partake in your overly aggressive attempts at banter.

You come off as a bully and a malcontent, who excuses his behaviour by projecting perceived weaknesses on to people who just don't want to have a fight. Don't get me wrong, Mal. I think you're hilarious at times, but I don't think I could stand being in a room with you for 5 minutes.

I like how there's a semi-legitimate setup here before you get into the meat of your post. It shows effort, at least. I am a bully and a malcontent and I'm proud to be so. You can't let stupid people waste any of your precious time so you have to scare them off. WTF do you mean with the comma after 'sheeple'? I write like a teenager who thinks he's cool and edgy?? I'm well past caring about whether or not anyone thinks I'm cool or edgy - teenagers and 20-somethings try to be cool and or edgy in order to increase their chances of getting laid. I'm 40-something so when someone suggests that I'm behaving like a teenager, I reckon that means I'm still a fair distance away from Alzheimer's which pleases me. Semi-literate thug - actually I think that's fair, if by semi-literate you mean not fully conversant with the classics because I'm not and to be honest, I'm not interested in patching that hole. And yeah, I'm a thug - I was underemployed most of my adult life,working with nothing but dumbcunts - I found a way to make it work for me but it meant being a bastard and I'm trying to un-bastard myself but it's worse than cigarettes because the bastard is almost always right.

I have Hetan who is my world so everyone else is in permanent tryouts, Erikson included. She is the music that soothes the beast. Anyway, you and your ilk are precisely the people I want to keep at arm's length. I want to draw out the fighters, the curious ones

#190 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 01 September 2016 - 06:55 AM

I can't remember ever having banned anyone for swearing. But then, all in all we never really banned a lot of people back then. Not like it is now under Silencers totalitarian police state.

The filter for c**t had a very specific history and I would have been happy if it had been kept in place.

This post has been edited by Morgoth: 01 September 2016 - 06:55 AM

Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#191 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 01 September 2016 - 06:59 AM

View PostMalaclypse, on 01 September 2016 - 06:50 AM, said:

Oh wow I see you have some immediate support there. Thing is, you precious flowers, this is not a social situation or if it is, it's a very low risk social situation so if you can't speak your mind and risk the consequences here then it's impossible for you. I punish people who imagine that they know more than they actually know and I'll do it alone surrounded by the friends of the person I'm challenging. When dealing with someone who's genuinely struggling with the mess that is modern life, I'm compassionate. Abhorrent?! What a ridiculous word to use in this context - "an abhorrent way to behave in a social situation" ? I spent ten years in England smashing the intellectual shit out of any fucker who would think to use the word abhorrent to describe non-criminal activity. I'm disappointed Apt.

You've got the rhetorical skills of a semi-literate thug. Your attitude does not come off in any way constructive or welcoming. You write like a teenager who thinks he's cool and edgy, too smart and beyond the normal social constraints of the sheeple, you despise for their conformity and unwillingness to partake in your overly aggressive attempts at banter.

You come off as a bully and a malcontent, who excuses his behaviour by projecting perceived weaknesses on to people who just don't want to have a fight. Don't get me wrong, Mal. I think you're hilarious at times, but I don't think I could stand being in a room with you for 5 minutes.

I like how there's a semi-legitimate setup here before you get into the meat of your post. It shows effort, at least. I am a bully and a malcontent and I'm proud to be so. You can't let stupid people waste any of your precious time so you have to scare them off. WTF do you mean with the comma after 'sheeple'? I write like a teenager who thinks he's cool and edgy?? I'm well past caring about whether or not anyone thinks I'm cool or edgy - teenagers and 20-somethings try to be cool and or edgy in order to increase their chances of getting laid. I'm 40-something so when someone suggests that I'm behaving like a teenager, I reckon that means I'm still a fair distance away from Alzheimer's which pleases me. Semi-literate thug - actually I think that's fair, if by semi-literate you mean not fully conversant with the classics because I'm not and to be honest, I'm not interested in patching that hole. And yeah, I'm a thug - I was underemployed most of my adult life,working with nothing but dumbcunts - I found a way to make it work for me but it meant being a bastard and I'm trying to un-bastard myself but it's worse than cigarettes because the bastard is almost always right.

I have Hetan who is my world so everyone else is in permanent tryouts, Erikson included. She is the music that soothes the beast. Anyway, you and your ilk are precisely the people I want to keep at arm's length. I want to draw out the fighters, the curious ones

@ MAL:

-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#192 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 01 September 2016 - 07:05 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 01 September 2016 - 06:55 AM, said:

I can't remember ever having banned anyone for swearing. But then, all in all we never really banned a lot of people back then. Not like it is now under Silencers totalitarian police state.

The filter for c**t had a very specific history and I would have been happy if it had been kept in place.

All hail the King, right? :)

And afaik, the filter for c*nt is still very much in place. Don't know if IP Board is smart enough to catch it mid-word, though.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#193 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User

Posted 01 September 2016 - 07:12 AM

View PostNicodimas, on 01 September 2016 - 06:59 AM, said:

View PostMalaclypse, on 01 September 2016 - 06:50 AM, said:

@ MAL:

Haha, subscribed.

#194 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 01 September 2016 - 07:22 AM

@ BridgeBurner...Enjoy

#195 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 01 September 2016 - 07:24 AM

@ nicodimas:

#196 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User

Posted 01 September 2016 - 07:40 AM

View PostSilencer, on 01 September 2016 - 07:05 AM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 01 September 2016 - 06:55 AM, said:

All hail the King, right? :)

And afaik, the filter for c*nt is still very much in place. Don't know if IP Board is smart enough to catch it mid-word, though.

fruitloop...just testing :) I like how the enforcer of the ban immediately decides to circumvent the ban with an asterisk as if to say...what, exactly?

This post has been edited by Malaclypse: 01 September 2016 - 07:42 AM

#197 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 04 September 2016 - 01:58 PM

View PostSilencer, on 01 September 2016 - 07:05 AM, said:

fruitloop

😀
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#198 User is offline   Grimjust Bearegular 

• Irregular Bacon Berserker Medic of the Abyssmal Army
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:MAFIA, drawing and writing.
  • Godless killing machine - and proud of it!

Also, braaaaiiiinnnnzzzzzzzz!

Posted 05 September 2016 - 07:02 PM

I've been here for ten years...ten years! I still visit sporadically, but I don't draw as much as I used to and thus my reason for coming here has slowly disappeared. I haven't even read Fall of Light yet, or the last four of ICE's books. And this place was the best thing in the world to me...for a time.

People just grow up, I guess.
Things and stuffs...and other important objects.

#199 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 05 September 2016 - 08:56 PM

View PostGrimjust Bearegular, on 05 September 2016 - 07:02 PM, said:

I've been here for ten years...ten years! I still visit sporadically, but I don't draw as much as I used to and thus my reason for coming here has slowly disappeared. I haven't even read Fall of Light yet, or the last four of ICE's books. And this place was the best thing in the world to me...for a time.

Mal doesn't.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#200 User is offline   Grimjust Bearegular 

• Irregular Bacon Berserker Medic of the Abyssmal Army
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:MAFIA, drawing and writing.
  • Godless killing machine - and proud of it!

Also, braaaaiiiinnnnzzzzzzzz!

Posted 05 September 2016 - 09:25 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 05 September 2016 - 08:56 PM, said:

View PostGrimjust Bearegular, on 05 September 2016 - 07:02 PM, said:

Mal doesn't.

Mal is Mal. He is the stinky gloop that binds us all together.
Things and stuffs...and other important objects.

Share this topic:

• 16 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

30 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 30 guests, 0 anonymous users