• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What is going on here? Bravo for certain things but it seems like it's dying

#241 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 23 November 2016 - 06:52 AM

I see some interest from some people who I like to slap the most - don't be shy, express yourselves :question:

#242 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User

Posted 23 November 2016 - 06:55 AM

View Postamphibian, on 23 November 2016 - 06:51 AM, said:

I look forwards to the site Malaclypse/Urquart builds with the help of...

ffrs, this is an empty comment, it's all about the dotdotdot. Fuck off and get an idea, something to actuallu talk about. You are such an easy mark it's not true. You just lay down and expose your belly, I dunno why but you do. I don't like you and I'm not going to scratch your belly so do better

this random censorship is unbelieveably offensive and that can only be due to weak or absent leadership because special interests will always be beating at the door - but when special intersts rule the forum you endup here goats I like goats so much with the goats

Apt knows - when the existing leadership of this place had it in for him because he was making trouble, I had his back because he was asking interestihg questions

I made him a mod, which was a mistake at the time

fair enough, but it was a worthy mistake

and it inspired him to do better, or so I believe

I don't know what to say to you ppl who are new-ish to this place except that if you find it wanting, a bit too authoritative for your liking, I will have something for you very soon

#243 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User

Posted 23 November 2016 - 06:58 AM

View PostApt, on 23 November 2016 - 06:48 AM, said:

View PostUrquart, on 23 November 2016 - 06:33 AM, said:

ALRIGHT GAME ON BITCHES - STEVE HAS WANTED FOR YEARS TO MOVE PAST THIS INHERITED FORUM AND NOW ...WE'LL DISCUSS IT AT LENGTH OVER THE CHRISTMAS PERIOD - I WILL ADVISE A NEW SITE OBVIOUSLY AND WE'LL SEE WHERE WE END UP BUT MY CASE FOR ABANDONING THIS PLACE HAS BEEN MADE BY YOU ASSHOLES :question:

View PostUrquart, on 23 November 2016 - 06:42 AM, said:

You don't get to stifle opposing voices in the way that you have without also inspiring revolt. It's just human nature and history will agree. It's disappointing that you'd imagine that you could get away with it - well it's actually a sad comment on the current membership who are apparently willing to put up with what is an obvious and egregious tyranny. This is fertile ground for me and I will make that plain to you in the coming weeks :p

A competing Malazan Forum?

I for one welcome this crazy plan and wish you luck in this venture. I look forward to petty rivalries and backtalk for years to come.

Also you fucking know what a forum run by me is like and free expression is paramount - admit it!

#244 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 23 November 2016 - 07:12 AM

Mal. Couple of things.

First of all stop double posting. This isn't a forum for MSN style messaging.

Second of all, if you are serious about making your own Malazan Forum with Black Jack and Hookers, go make a thread about it and keep the discussion in there. I and many others might actually find the discussion interesting. Right now you're just spamming the forum and it's all going to get deleted and you will probably get banned.

Third. Stop being such a fruitloop.

EDIT: Later, after I posted this comment, the thread pruned of double posts.

This post has been edited by Apt: 23 November 2016 - 06:32 PM

#245 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User

Posted 23 November 2016 - 07:21 AM

First of all, I will post as and when I fucking please without regard to you or anyone else's feelings.

Second of all, in keeping with your format, I will post as I fucking please and do not require your agreement or permission.

Third, since you failed to keep up the format, you calling me a fruitloop shoudn't be controversial and I'll leave it at that :question:

#246 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User

Posted 23 November 2016 - 07:49 AM

View PostD, on 27 August 2016 - 11:27 PM, said:

View PostUrquart, on 26 August 2016 - 02:04 AM, said:

but I still think you're a bunch of insufferable cunthammers generally.

So... same as before? We've always been that :question:

I don't get it Mal, if Americans ruined Malazan fandom why would you choose to setup a bed-and-breakfast in America, then?!

Because I'm not in America you dizzy ________!

#247 User is offline   Itwæs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 23 November 2016 - 07:54 AM

View PostUrquart, on 23 November 2016 - 07:06 AM, said:

I don't know what to say to you ppl who are new-ish to this place except that if you find it wanting, a bit too authoritative for your liking, I will have something for you very soon

Can't speak for others but I fully encourage you to build some new forum to bitch about at instead and spare us here
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#248 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User

Posted 23 November 2016 - 08:27 AM

fair enough and I apologize for disturbing your peace.

#249 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 23 November 2016 - 02:33 PM

And I was just thinking of how to respond to Mal in the other thread.

Oh well, let's see what comes of this.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#250 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 23 November 2016 - 04:57 PM

Oh my belly is sooooo exposed. Especially to someone who loves goats as much as I do.

Attached File(s)

I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#251 User is offline   Loki 

• Knight Commander of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • WWQBDFTW?

Posted 23 November 2016 - 05:34 PM

I'm surprised that post padding is the named issue considering he has also been breaching the first rule of the CoC - no personal attacks. That seems like the greater breach (to me at least).

Wry, on 29 February 2012 - 10:50 AM, said:

And you're not complaining, you're criticizing. It's a side-effect of being better than everyone else, I get it sometimes too.

~TQB~

#252 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 23 November 2016 - 05:38 PM

View PostLoki, on 23 November 2016 - 05:34 PM, said:

I'm surprised that post padding is the named issue considering he has also been breaching the first rule of the CoC - no personal attacks. That seems like the greater breach (to me at least).

I read this thread first... turns out the poster has already been banned by the admins for the other thread, I was just behind the news!

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#253 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 23 November 2016 - 05:40 PM

I went ahead and merged all of those posts.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#254 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 23 November 2016 - 05:41 PM

What is up with him anyway? I have been lurking on these threads, and it really seems like the guy has a serious problem. I hope he can get some help for it

#255 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 23 November 2016 - 05:41 PM

View PostD, on 23 November 2016 - 05:38 PM, said:

View PostLoki, on 23 November 2016 - 05:34 PM, said:

I read this thread first... turns out the poster has already been banned by the admins for the other thread, I was just behind the news!

:(
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#256 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 23 November 2016 - 06:31 PM

Dude needs help. It's one thing picking a fight on the internet, there aren't consequences.

Picking a fight in real life, while carrying a knife? It's only a matter of time until you pick the wrong fight and get killed.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#257 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 23 November 2016 - 06:37 PM

He's an absolute sweetheart in real life. A cantankerous one but a sweetheart nonetheless. I'm only posting this really to explain myself for being nice to him in threads as it's a bit hypocritical when I usually call others out. I'm not defending him because he's being a prize plum when he graces us with his presence here. I don't even know what Apt is supposed to have done.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#258 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 23 November 2016 - 06:42 PM

Oh I just engaged him in the thread where he said he was going to start his own forum.

Generally I like debating with him when he's focused but he seemed to be all over the place today. He was basically just rehashing his tirade from 3 weeks back.

I have to say though I find the idea of starting a rival Malazan forum funny. I'd relish the fallout.

#259 User is offline   Loki 

• Knight Commander of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • WWQBDFTW?

Posted 23 November 2016 - 06:44 PM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 23 November 2016 - 06:37 PM, said:

He's an absolute sweetheart in real life. A cantankerous one but a sweetheart nonetheless. I'm only posting this really to explain myself for being nice to him in threads as it's a bit hypocritical when I usually call others out. I'm not defending him because he's being a prize plum when he graces us with his presence here. I don't even know what Apt is supposed to have done.

It's hard to believe that he is a sweetheart in real life when he acts like the total opposite every time he pops back on here.

It reminds me of my aunt when she used to defend her husband - He's actually really lovely (in response to her husband making a thoroughly racist joke). The two things just don't really go together. :(

Wry, on 29 February 2012 - 10:50 AM, said:

And you're not complaining, you're criticizing. It's a side-effect of being better than everyone else, I get it sometimes too.

~TQB~

#260 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 23 November 2016 - 07:14 PM

View PostLoki, on 23 November 2016 - 06:44 PM, said:

View PostMezla PigDog, on 23 November 2016 - 06:37 PM, said:

It's hard to believe that he is a sweetheart in real life when he acts like the total opposite every time he pops back on here.

It reminds me of my aunt when she used to defend her husband - He's actually really lovely (in response to her husband making a thoroughly racist joke). The two things just don't really go together. :(

I guess the evidence you have to consider is that he and Hetan used to host BBQs which a lot of forum members went to repeatedly. So if he was the dick that is evidenced recently then either we were all stupid/have low standards or he is a nice guy (in the special sense that Mal is "nice"). I won't blame you for thinking we all have low standards now!

Argh it really does sound like I'm defending him and on the evidence here I'm really really not. He knows he's being a git. I guess he's just a special little flower with a bee in his bonnet and some time to kill so he comes here to show us a good time!
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

Share this topic:

• 16 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

54 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 54 guests, 0 anonymous users