• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

No Man's Sky

#461 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 20 September 2019 - 08:54 PM

I haven't got one! I use a powered up bolt caster and the blaze javelin.

Reload is usually square - or whatever comes up on the menu when you push up on the d-pad to recharge.

Oh, with the plasma launcher I have to go into the multitool menu and reload it from there, try that. The launcher uses plasma that you construct and top up.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 20 September 2019 - 09:04 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#462 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 21 September 2019 - 11:28 AM

Anyone know if you can use the creature/bait pellets to lure rare animals out of hiding? Or does it just make those animals which you can already see around you come over to you?
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#463 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 21 September 2019 - 04:16 PM

I only just used them for the first time.

Once you've made the right bait for the creature (analyse what they eat) throw it and they chase it. I don't think new creatures will appear though, it's more for taming the creatures you scanned already.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#464 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 05 October 2019 - 10:59 AM

I was standing in the nexus and another player started giving me stacks of 5 cryopumps. They're worth 78 million. And he gave me about 7 stacks!

I know you're playing other stuff now but BK, if you want to do some nexus missions anytime and get super rich at the same time let me know.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 05 October 2019 - 11:37 AM

#465 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 27 November 2019 - 08:24 PM

Update incoming - Synthesis.

300 tweaks and upgrades..

https://www.nomanssk...n=1574886117.49

#466 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 28 November 2019 - 10:03 PM

Every time I read about a new update I get so excited. I only managed to get a few hours into Beyond because I've been so busy lately, but I'm hoping to be able to play quite a bit more over the holidays (and I do intend to add you, Trav, sorry for not doing it already!).

New features I'm most excited about:

- Upgrading your starship!

- Terrain Manipulator can now flatten terrain, and terrain features will never regenerate in your base are (at last, cave bases are actually possible!).

- First person exocraft driving.

- PSVR: Photo mode now exists, and you can ride animals as in non-VR play.

- Tech for warping items to your freighter inventory, and the freighter and storage crate inventory size being greatly enlarged.

- A new single-use emergency tech: if under attack, you can use it to warp to an unknown system (a blind jump) after which the tech breaks. So cool!

- Overhaul to the Discovery page, which now tracks your position on the planet you're on.

- Personal Refiner tech for your suit, so you don't need to put down a portable refiner (cool animation too, you can see your backpack whirring away as you walk around).

- Own multiple Multi-Tools (at last I can have specific multi-tools for specific uses).

#467 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 28 November 2019 - 10:18 PM

Yeah I've been busy elsewhere and with other games, but I always seem to come back to check out the new stuff, and get absorbed again.

Lots of nice tweaks there to everything really - and new triangular construction parts to mess with.

#468 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 03 December 2019 - 01:53 PM

View PostTraveller, on 28 November 2019 - 10:18 PM, said:

Yeah I've been busy elsewhere and with other games, but I always seem to come back to check out the new stuff, and get absorbed again.

Lots of nice tweaks there to everything really - and new triangular construction parts to mess with.

Biggest thing to me, besides the starship upgrades/slot changes, is they split freighter tech so now there is 3 range techs and 3 'star color' upgrades. And freighters can now have up to 9 tech slots to support this. So now I've got to go hunting for a new freighter.

I've got 2 activated indium bases, each producing 100m worth of indium in about 8 hours, so money isn't an issue.

I'd really like some new planet types or something.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#469 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 03 December 2019 - 04:33 PM

View PostObdigore, on 03 December 2019 - 01:53 PM, said:

Biggest thing to me, besides the starship upgrades/slot changes, is they split freighter tech so now there is 3 range techs and 3 'star color' upgrades. And freighters can now have up to 9 tech slots to support this. So now I've got to go hunting for a new freighter.

I've got 2 activated indium bases, each producing 100m worth of indium in about 8 hours, so money isn't an issue.

That's kind of the big thing missing now. I love the exploration. The mechanics have been optimised to do it. But visiting a new planet is rarely a surprise any more. The oceans are shallow, the landscape and sea strangely static. No cities, villages, indigenous intelligent life just living there. Not easy so rectify at this stage either.

#470 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 03 December 2019 - 04:53 PM

View PostTraveller, on 03 December 2019 - 04:33 PM, said:

That's kind of the big thing missing now. I love the exploration. The mechanics have been optimised to do it. But visiting a new planet is rarely a surprise any more. The oceans are shallow, the landscape and sea strangely static. No cities, villages, indigenous intelligent life just living there. Not easy so rectify at this stage either.

Rumour is next significant update is to do with planets, though I would take that with a pinch of salt, as that’s probably been the rumour every single time!

#471 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 03 December 2019 - 04:56 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 03 December 2019 - 04:53 PM, said:

View PostTraveller, on 03 December 2019 - 04:33 PM, said:

Rumour is next significant update is to do with planets, though I would take that with a pinch of salt, as that’s probably been the rumour every single time!

It has been the rumor every time.

Also, I think this update was pretty much out of the blue. Especially since Beyond was their 'last big update'.

I think they want to work on a new game, so I'm not sure if we'll see a lot of further updates for NMS or not.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#472 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 03 December 2019 - 05:01 PM

It has so much going on, and the updates have been great. It's still sort of lacking in something vital though?

I recently started Rebel Galaxy, and it's just so nice to be able to interact with other ships by hailing them, to trade or get information or help, and to be able to upgrade all the weapons and systems on your ship that make a real difference to fighting or trading or whatever you're doing. It's a much more basic game, but the overall vibe of a populated and living system is very enjoyable.

It's not necessarily a better game, but it certainly highlights things that are lacking in NMS. Like being able to simply fly your freighter. Or fight with it, or upgrade its appearance.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 03 December 2019 - 05:05 PM

#473 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 03 December 2019 - 10:21 PM

Do you think there'll ever be an NMS 2 for the new consoles?

#474 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 04 December 2019 - 11:38 AM

View PostKhellendros, on 03 December 2019 - 10:21 PM, said:

Do you think there'll ever be an NMS 2 for the new consoles?

I suppose its possible that at some point they'll stop working on updates and start on a sequel. I guess they'd only do it once they are satisfied with NMS though.

#475 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 18 December 2019 - 08:41 PM

So, another update downloading... this one adds a sound creation system. Like, an entire audio creator to mess about with.

#476 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 19 February 2020 - 02:53 PM

Living ships! They look very cool, I really need to try those out in VR.

#477 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 19 February 2020 - 04:13 PM

https://youtu.be/LLSj0O1-Fc4

Also space jellyfish, crashed freighters in space.

The announcer was also talking about space battles or something, but we will see if they actually added that or not.

#478 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 19 February 2020 - 11:03 PM

Rutger Hauer did the voice over for the trailer.

Those organic ships look really nice... also the huge space beast skeleton the ship flies through? Just downloaded while I was playing DStranding. Might have to check it out tomorrow.

#479 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 22 February 2020 - 01:35 AM

Had to have a peek. There is now an egg available at the quicksilver shop in the nexus.

You can buy it, and 'grow' your own living ship! All the living ships will be generated and individual. There was a ship parked up, I went and had a look. Was like a cuttlefish or something, stripes of light undulating across it - looks great, very different from the usual ship style.

#480 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 22 February 2020 - 11:45 AM

View PostTraveller, on 22 February 2020 - 01:35 AM, said:

Had to have a peek. There is now an egg available at the quicksilver shop in the nexus.

You can buy it, and 'grow' your own living ship! All the living ships will be generated and individual. There was a ship parked up, I went and had a look. Was like a cuttlefish or something, stripes of light undulating across it - looks great, very different from the usual ship style.

The interior reminds me of Starbuck piloting the Cylon fighter in Battlestar Galactica, all mechano-organic components.

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 22 February 2020 - 11:45 AM

Share this topic:

• 26 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users