• You cannot reply to this topic

131.5 The List, the list!

#41 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 26 April 2016 - 02:35 AM

Done
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#42 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 26 April 2016 - 07:02 PM

I'm curious about this secret hitler.

tell me more

#43 User is offline   Siergiej 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 26 April 2016 - 10:47 PM

@Macros: Secret Hitler is a social deduction game for 5-10 people designed by Max Temkin (the guy behind Cards Against Humanity). If you've played Avalon, you would feel at home immediately, though there are several twists in the mechanics that make it more enjoyable than Avalon, at least for my usual crowd.

There are two teams: Liberals and Fascists. There is more liberals, but they don't know anyone's identity. Fascists, on the other hand, know each other. The only special role is Hitler. Person who plays Hitler is on the fascist team but does not know the identities of fellow fascists (unless it's game of 5 or 6. Then there is only 2F, including Hitler, so Hitler knows the other fascist).

Each team can win in two ways.

Liberal conditions to win:
  • enact 5 liberal policies
  • or kill Hitler

Fascist conditions to win:
  • enact 6 fascist policies
  • or elect Hitler to be chancellor if there is at least 3 fascist policies in play.

So essentially the Hitler mechanic is the reverse Merlin from Avalon: Hitler does not know anybody's identity and if he dies, the good guys win.

The game goes like this:
In every turn there is a government, meaning President and Chancellor. Presidency moves clockwise and each president apoints their chancellor. Then the government has to be voted in: every player votes Yes or No and if there's majority of yes votes, the government is in place. Now the president draws three cards from the policy deck and checks them secretly. Then they discard one face down and pass the remaining two to the chancellor. Chancellor then checks the cards in secret, discards one face down and reveals the last one. This policy card is put into play. Then the presidency moves to the next player.

Policy cards can be either liberal or fascist. The full deck consists of 17 policy cards: 11 fascist, 6 liberal. Of course both president and chancellor can lie about what card they drew/received. There is also a cool twist with fascist policies, because they unlock special presidential powers: for example, the first one may allow the president to check other player's identity and the fourth and fifth always grant the current president a power to choose one player and kill them immediately. So liberals can play a more risky game to try leveraging the fascist powers.

Full rules are here: https://dl.dropboxus...itler_Rules.pdf
Here you can see it played IRL, but the videos are super long (my real-life games usually take 30-60 minutes): https://www.twitch.t...tialist/profile

I love SH because it retains a random element, but still from a very early point allows to infer a lot od data from players' actions. Also, the elimination (killing power) kicks in very late in the game, so no one is killed immediately at the beginning. I'd be happy to run a game of SH if people are interested after we finish Mafia 131.5.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

5 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users