Malazan Empire: Harry's Game Sessions - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Harry's Game Sessions now on a table top near you.

#1 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 20 April 2016 - 02:04 PM

Not exactly a book thing, but whatever, it is Harry-themed.
Currently on KickStarter: a co-operative card game set in the Dresdenverse. It is already up to the stretch goals, so it will be funded. Haven't really taken the time to read the rules, so can't comment on how it looks, apart from an inkling that the amount of playable scenarios looks rather limited: the designers decided to create 'book' files - thematically cool, but also delivering perhaps a trifle too much repetition.

https://www.kickstar...ative-card-game
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#2 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• My pen halts, though I do not
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 April 2016 - 02:57 PM

View PostTapper, on 20 April 2016 - 02:04 PM, said:

the amount of playable scenarios looks rather limited: the designers decided to create 'book' files - thematically cool, but also delivering perhaps a trifle too much repetition.

Expansion packs will add additional books*. Also, the base game comes with "Side Jobs" which allows for (I believe) a more randomized setup.

Lots more info/discussion to be had here.

*I just read that each $10 expansion pack will add 2 characters, 2 books, and some Side Jobs cards. (And the first two expansion have already been funded!)

This post has been edited by Salt-Man Z: 20 April 2016 - 03:04 PM

"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"
―Gene Wolfe, The Citadel of the Autarch

#3 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 22 April 2016 - 11:06 AM

I love that Clannad did the theme song.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 22 April 2016 - 11:06 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users