• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

THE 100 The CW / Netflix show

#61 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 15 May 2016 - 04:17 PM

Yeah, I'm sort of bored of Ali. I'm betting they'll try the flame in Ontari and it'll repair her brain.

#62 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 22 May 2016 - 03:07 AM

View PostBriar King, on 21 May 2016 - 04:15 AM, said:

So it finally ends. That ending Ep was so fucking Matrix rip off I was dying inside. Literally the only thing I was remotely happy to see was
Spoiler
that's seriously it.... Some of you may have been excited to see
Spoiler
but I was put off by it mostly. Idk why as it made sense. I ll tell a reason on what may have put me off on it after others reply. S4 looks to be interesting...
Spoiler

It saddens me to say that this season was by far the weakest of the series, imo (and my wife's and daughter's also). I don't know if something went wrong with my dvr, but when the final episode started
Spoiler
Maybe I need to watch the last 2 episodes again. As to the S4 "threat", this struck a bad chord with me as soon as I heard it.
Spoiler
Maybe I'm just nitpicking due to my dissatisfaction with the show lately, but that just seems implausible and unimaginative on the part of the writers. They already wandered far from all the possibilities of the post nuclear land (the luminescent foliage/butterflies, etc they showed briefly back in S1) that they could've explored. I'm sure we'll try S4 when it starts but I don't know how far we'll make it if it doesn't step up.

#63 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 22 May 2016 - 03:01 PM

I liked the finale, but I'm SOOOOOOO glad that the CoL plotline is dead. It's been the worst executed arc in the entire series thus far...and not becausse it wass a bad idea...but because it was PISS poorly executed...and along with Bellamy acting like a fucking moron for half a season or more....jeezus, what a shitshow.

However, I LOVED that Lexa showed up. LOVED. But then I always dug her character and the love between her and Clarke always felt really poignant.

SO glad that O killed Pyke...I'm glad they didn't let his redemption stand with her...if they had made her chaarxcter accept him, it would have been full on character assassination...so glad they didn't.

Kane's reaction to all that had happened to him and all he did was WELL done.

Re: the Nuclear plants...I can buy it...irradiated stuff has a half life of 10,000 years...I think about Chernobyl, IF the shell they placed around it fell apart, I'm SURE that somehting in there could go wonky all these years later and trigger another meltdown. It's not a perfect threat, but decent enough.

Anyways, bring on Season 4, and hope it's better than S3.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#64 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 24 May 2016 - 03:07 PM

Why aren't they dropping things out the windows onto the climbers? :(

It's like they don't know how to fight creatively.

This post has been edited by Whisperzzzzzzz: 24 May 2016 - 03:07 PM

#65 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 24 May 2016 - 03:12 PM

View PostWhisperzzzzzzz, on 24 May 2016 - 03:07 PM, said:

Because the CoL takers feel no pain, so they probably could just shrug anything big enough to stagger them off? And if there are enough of them climbing... You'd never have enough stuff to aim and take them out in that throne room alone. It might slow up the amount coming up, but eventually they will get there in numbers and you'd be done anyways. The showwriters were likely just skipping that for time.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#66 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 24 May 2016 - 03:39 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 24 May 2016 - 03:12 PM, said:

View PostWhisperzzzzzzz, on 24 May 2016 - 03:07 PM, said:

Because the CoL takers feel no pain, so they probably could just shrug anything big enough to stagger them off? And if there are enough of them climbing... You'd never have enough stuff to aim and take them out in that throne room alone. It might slow up the amount coming up, but eventually they will get there in numbers and you'd be done anyways. The showwriters were likely just skipping that for time.

Good points all. I hadn't thought about their insensitivity to pain.

It's a bit funny how this turned into what, in most shows, would be a parody of bad 80s/90s hacking movies. But in this, it works. I feel like the rise of VR might bring about a return to the hacking representations of yore.

This post has been edited by Whisperzzzzzzz: 24 May 2016 - 03:40 PM

#67 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 15 December 2016 - 06:19 PM

Trailer for S4!

#68 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 16 December 2016 - 02:04 PM

Well I must say, that preview does give me some hope for S4! Better than S1 ,I doubt, but hopefully vastly improving on S3. Looks like Octavia goes full on assassin, perhaps?! That should be awesome to watch!

#69 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 03 February 2017 - 06:10 PM

Watched the S4 premier last night. There was but one part that made it worthwhile and that was
Spoiler
We were pretty "Meh" about the rest of it. Unfortunately.

#70 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 26 March 2017 - 09:23 PM

Yeah, I think that A LOT of this season has been about fixing all the major behind the scenes/showrunner fuckups from last season...character assassinating Bellamy, Lincoln's untimely being booted from the show for a personal grudge Rothenberg had against him, making people like Clark and Murphy largely aimless wandering from one fuckup/dead end to the next.

I like the whole "save humanity from radiation by turning all into night bloods" deal...but BK, you're right...what about the wasteland the planet is about to turn into? I feel like th writers wanted something irreversibly bad to go against our heroes...but failed to realize that even tho they are saving the characters, that they are essentially making life that much tougher on themselves by basically fortelling a nuclear winter wasteland in 6 months time. I mean, I'll call bullshit unless they have at LEAST a year of nuclear winter from the meltdowns. They won't...and I know it's going to pissme off.

There have been decent high points this season... and it's DEFINITELY better thAn the whole Pike and City of Light season....but so far not by all that much.

Also, Jasper...stop being a whiny little fuck. I'm SO tired of his bullshit. Dude, your pseudo girlfriend died like 2 years ago in the mountain...and Clarkes decision saved so many more lives...goddamit I hate his character now.

And I still miss Lincoln....and Octavia's plotline has suffered as a result.

#71 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:56 PM

View PostBriar King, on 19 April 2017 - 10:13 PM, said:

S5 is officially a go.

I'm not sure why but the show has been on a break for some reason.

May Sweeps....which TV shows still do for some stupid reason....they push breaks into the season early in the year to get their last few eps into May. Thing is, it's a Neilsen ratings thing that hearkens back to when those numbers were VERY important...."appointment television", you know? Like if you missed it when it aired, you were SOL.

But yeah, they still do it....even though there is no reason to do it now.

#72 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 10 May 2017 - 06:08 PM

View PostBriar King, on 10 May 2017 - 05:54 PM, said:

Jasper is the new S1 lvl of Shit stain Murphy was.

Yuuuuuup. I wanna be like "Dude, your pseudo-shut-in-girlfriend died at the end of SEASON goddamned 2. Get your seriously screwed up shit together, or fuck off."

Like my wife and I hate the shit out of him...and that's wholly on the writers who continue to write him as "Mr. Grudge-y Grudge" who occasionally wrangles Monty onto his stupid side as well. The leaders gotta make decisions and he literally fucks up every one for them. I liked him back in the day, but now he's become the one character I LOATHE.

Raven seeing Rebecca...UGHHHHHHH!!! Harper being a fuckwit mind changer makes me want to pound my head on a wall.

This too. Ravens plot line has literally been "I'm set up to sacrifice myself" ALL season. From day one it's been blatantly obiovus that's where she's headed....as a result it pulls ANY emotional weight from that when it happens...or really anything going on with her in a given ep.

And not just Harper, but Monty is flip floppy too from ep to ep....in one ep he's on side with Clarke and Bellamy...and in another he switches to following Jasper or some other idiot.

I'm so mad at this show! I notice we still have green everywhere also.

Yeah, my biggest gripe this season is that it's OBVIOUS from a TV show standpoint that the whole "The earth is going to be irradiated by multiple meltdowns" is never going to end up confining the actors to "bunkers" for a bunch of seasons...so pretty much any of the plot lines that have aimed the cast at those "solutions" to the "irradiated earth" concept fall INCREDIBLY flat because we know they'll never ever do that...so we are left with Raven and her magic space launch thingie....which I'm convinced is also not going to bear fruit. I think the only way out is for the meltdowns happening to be bullshit sold them by Allie. Because the "night blood" option would still require them to burn everything black on the sets indefinitely and have the actors survive around that...and they can't do that in the forests of Vancouver.

So basically 90% of the plotines this season have, through common audience sense, amounted to hot fucking garbage.

And I thought that the CoL storyline was bad....UGH.

I dunno how this show saves itself now from the levels of stupidity it's dropped to.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 10 May 2017 - 06:10 PM

#73 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 11 May 2017 - 12:10 AM

Thinking I'll delete this season and remove it from my watchlist after reading the last few posts...

#74 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 31 May 2017 - 12:49 PM

Okay, so the last few eps made up for the dragging annoyances of the middle section of the season.

including

Spoiler

And the finale was fantastic throughout...Also...THE WALKING DEAD writers? Scott Gimple? Take fucking NOTE how a season finale cliffhanger SHOULD be done that not only doesn't piss off your fanbase...but hooks me right in for a new season!

Spoiler

Bring on Seasons 5! I am prepared!

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 31 May 2017 - 12:51 PM

#75 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 01 June 2017 - 12:14 PM

Chime in here when you've gotten around to it, and we can discuss. :D

#76 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 02 June 2017 - 05:15 PM

View PostBriar King, on 02 June 2017 - 05:13 PM, said:

Uggghhhhh!

Just watched the next ep and it was back to retard mode. More flip flop Harper. Over the top Jasper. Then probably worst of all is super ANNOYING Raven and Allie/Rebecca actress.

Just wanted to beat my head on wall for large chunks of this epi.

All of these things rectify themselves. Trust me.

#77 User is offline   Yllana 

• Corporal

Posted 27 April 2018 - 02:08 PM

I envy you guys in America. There's no way to watch the episodes legally from Germany when they come out and finding a working stream on the internet is a bitch.

#78 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 27 April 2018 - 02:24 PM

View PostYllana, on 27 April 2018 - 02:08 PM, said:

I envy you guys in America. There's no way to watch the episodes legally from Germany when they come out and finding a working stream on the internet is a bitch.

It's on Netflix in Canada, is it not on there in Germany too? I assumed everywhere globally has it on Netflix, and only America runs it on the CW. Worth a look if you haven't checked.

#79 User is offline   Yllana 

• Corporal

Posted 27 April 2018 - 03:04 PM

nope. Germany is a fucking popcultural backwater.
Many interesting TV shows are available on German TV with months/years of delay. And if the series was bought by one of the German TV channels it apparently can't be shown on Netflix..
Many non-blockbuster movies are shown with months of delay in German cinemas (even the English versions are not shown at the same time they come out in the US/UK). I want to watch Love, Simon now. It sounds fun, damn it!
And don't get me started on books. I've completely given up reading German translations or even buying English books in bookstores. Not only is the original version always better, but especially translated versions of fantasy novels can be horrible. They also tend to split the books, so that ASoiaF is a ten-book series or something, for example. I've heard the German version of the MBotF was abysmal and I think it hasn't even been finished yet...And bying English fantasy and sci-fi books in German bookstores is not feasible. Mostly they don't have what you're looking for-and if they do have it, it's at least 30% more expensive than on Amazon.
Apparently, the majority of Germans are uncapable of using English outside of school or work.

#80 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 27 April 2018 - 03:05 PM

Ah boo. I'm sorry to hear that! It's a great show. Hopefully they send it your way eventually!

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users