• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 29 January 2016 - 01:05 PM

View PostMessremb, on 21 January 2016 - 09:17 AM, said:

It's un-alted?

Dammit!

View PostTattersail_, on 15 January 2016 - 09:11 AM, said:

Messremb, that's too many games you've been scum and won. Any altless game in the future you're being lynched first. People should have lynched Bubba as I said.

Gnaw basically talked about anything not game related, bank that one for future. He also didn't do his scummy thing day one for a change but could be due to being altless.

Vote Tatts

Got to get him before he gets me...

And now that my mood has turned: This post should have been deleted or you should have counted his vote in your initial tally.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#942 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 29 January 2016 - 01:09 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on 29 January 2016 - 01:05 PM, said:

View PostGnaw, on 29 January 2016 - 12:55 PM, said:

BTW, Tapper:

10. The Eye of the Beholder: TMDI
How to label your game, decisions on pre-game information and why a cult game does not have to be tmdi 8 or higher.

This was NOT a "meat and potatoes" game by any measure of the index. (my opinion only; can't speak for others)

And fuck you Mess for mind fucking me. (I'd say "us" but not after just saying that I can't speak for others)

I agree. Although te amount of roles were M&P, I needed an element of surprise. So, sorry but not 100% sorry ;)

What would you have done if we had lynched a filthy low poster instead of the talkative slimy limeys?
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#943 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 29 January 2016 - 01:40 PM

View PostMessremb, on 29 January 2016 - 11:38 AM, said:

View PostShinrei, on 29 January 2016 - 11:32 AM, said:

View PostGredfallan Ale, on 29 January 2016 - 11:30 AM, said:

Did you guys know you nearly had the mechanics D2? You were nearly there, including Shin (with him not knowing he was a killer yet). Then Mess came along and fucked you all over with his brilliant symping. Everyone saying they should ignore him and focus on the game, but everyone kept paying attention to him. He had a bit more information about the mechanics and screwed you with it.

He didn't pick the healer, he just knew one of his picks would become the healer and one of his picks the killer. As the killer was automatically killing his picks (Charlie and Me), he could determine, by your lists on thread, who was going to receive which role on D3. And he used that to predict the healer and screw with your confidence about him being symp. Great play.

I agree.

Man of the Match, even though he lost.

You didn't do so bad yourself - so so close.

I didn't know if I should come on and agree/disagree with your mechanics so hid instead and watched it circle round and round

I had to make that case, I just had to. I wasn't going to sit around and react to Tattersail, or try to come up with thin accusations from thin air. Go big or go home. Just didn't work this time.
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#944 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 29 January 2016 - 03:19 PM

Yay!!! *I* won!!!! ;)
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#945 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 29 January 2016 - 03:21 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 29 January 2016 - 01:05 AM, said:

Final thought before I go to sleep:

My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should.

Woo - new signature fodder!!! ;)
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#946 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 29 January 2016 - 11:29 PM

View PostBlend, on 29 January 2016 - 03:21 PM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 29 January 2016 - 01:05 AM, said:

Final thought before I go to sleep:

My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should.

Woo - new signature fodder!!! :p

Excpet of course if I had we would have lost ;)
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#947 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 31 January 2016 - 06:39 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 29 January 2016 - 11:29 PM, said:

Excpet of course if I had we would have lost ;)

Shhhh, that's inconsequential! :p

#948 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 01 February 2016 - 11:48 AM

Time to dump some PMs:

Path-Shaper, on 21 January 2016 - 08:19 AM, said:

False modesty set aside, when asked who the best mafia player on the board is, there's only one correct answer you can give. You of course!

So, you get the most difficult role of all: that of symp.
This time, instead of being a thankless workhorse for the fancy laid-back scum, you hold the reigns.
You get to choose two thoroughbred players to be your master. Just send me the names of the players you want to pick from the sign-up list to the game, no later than your first post on the game thread.

Path-Shaper, on 21 January 2016 - 09:24 AM, said:

Messremb, on 21 January 2016 - 09:15 AM, said:

Ho hum.

Why do I suspect this is a message everyone will have had...?

Shin and Gnaw

Also, game thread not locked so I'm going to go and do me a little post to lock out most other players choices

tsk tsk.

Messremb, on 21 January 2016 - 09:47 AM, said:

:p

Messremb, on 22 January 2016 - 07:15 AM, said:

So some speculation from me:

Game is "A Murder of Symps" and murder being the chosen collective noun for symps. Conveniently also that for lawyers who, like symps, bullshit.

Therefore more than one symp in game is a certainty. I figure that everyone receives that PM. You tally up how many people name each person for Killer and the top two are killers. Everyone thinks they've chosen the killers and symps their two. Net result: no-one knows who are actually the Killers bar those that chose the right two.

Choices before first post on thread is there to prevent any co-ordination and avoid breaking the game early doors.

I suspect that everyone will also receive a PM each day asking them to pick the NK target. However this does raise some issues. It also plays a lot like the Probability Mafia. Therefore I assume that the chosen killers will be informed of their status. This also avoids needing to alternate kill actions between scum, although keeping them in the dark as to who the other scum is and alternating will work to balance the numbers.

Ways the game could break: Everyone says who they chose - after all we're statistically more likely to be town and that would be a town way to seriously narrow the field (allowing for porky pies.)

Everyone could do the whole "utterly un-subtle signalling" thing and we see where that takes us. I might even do that actually and see how many take the bait.

I don't see there being a town role - doesn't fit with the whole murder of symps setup I'm assuming above.

Path-Shaper, on 23 January 2016 - 02:47 PM, said:

Hmm, interesting. Maybe :p

Path-Shaper, on 26 January 2016 - 11:56 AM, said:

Well, you are undead.

Of the two players you named, one is now scum. The other is roled town. You don't know which is which, or what the town role is.

You can post on thread, but cannot vote - after all, you were dead.
You win if and when scum wins (counting yourself for majority), but you win even more if your two chosen players form a majority (so, basically, 2 out of 3 alive).

Messremb, on 26 January 2016 - 04:51 PM, said:

Ahhhaahhahaha

Can I be lynched again?

Messremb, on 26 January 2016 - 08:43 PM, said:

Path-Shaper, on 26 January 2016 - 08:37 PM, said:

Nope :-) it is my take on the Tyrant Steve role. Oh, as you may have or have not guessed: all players, including the scum, currently think they're inno.

Hah, so the first NK was one of those that either Gnaw or Shin chose to be scum and todays will be the other they chose - after that they find out?

So what about the town role? Carries out their action the same I guess?

Messremb, on 26 January 2016 - 09:07 PM, said:

Also, I can totally screw with them - I may even post a "kill" order on thread which should concentrate their minds mightily.

Messremb, on 26 January 2016 - 11:22 PM, said:

So assuming no lies, Gnaw is roles town and Shin is killer.

Messremb, on 27 January 2016 - 08:10 AM, said:

If this even halfway works I'm at serious risk of wetting myself laughing.

Pretty please no denials in PMs, just the usual PS "You know I can't comment on other peoples roles so stop fishing Gnaw/Venge/Blend"

Semi-plausible story if Shins second choice wasn't actually Charlie is thought out too - a town role interferes in it!

Now Gnaw and Shin will get roles revealed tomorrow. If Gnaw gets town role I've outed him on thread and will talk enough about it that Shin will know to kill him. If he gets Killer then it is much less good.

If Shin gets Killer all is dandy. If Shin gets Roled Town then Gnaw is almost certainly toast and it is game.

Both put their choices on thread, I'm relying on honesty here. In a game of Mafia. I know I know...

My story anyway after another couple of Days is going to be that my secondary ability is Meatshield and I've been using it on Gnaw, since he's not been hit by a NK, I've not died ergo scum must be shooting elsewhere. That should cover Gnaw as scum. I may also string in another story along the line of having a re-heat timer of 48 hours before I can do the same again and from there calculate that means one killer only, clueing Shin in that he is alone. With luck he'll then either cue into my next "announcement" and NK them or he'll ignore me and people will realise I've been bullshitting them for days and days. Of course I may have to "reveal" some of these earlier.

Of course this does rely on me not being ripped to shreds on thread by Venge.

So I'm not playing for the even more win win, just the win. 7 players. D2: NK=6. D3: NK+L=4 D4: NK+L=2

Messremb, on 27 January 2016 - 08:11 AM, said:

Path-Shaper, on 27 January 2016 - 08:04 AM, said:

No comment on their mechanics, but yeah, their roles are active without them knowing. Maybe I should have kept the symp role for everyone, but given the game is so small, restoring the M&P bit of it was priority, imho. Also, I like to see the speculation on thread :p.

Erm yeah, let's pretend this isn't M&P shall we ;)

An undead lynchee makes this a TMDI10+ I figure

Also, I'm bullshitting this a +5 buff to TMDI

Path-Shaper, on 27 January 2016 - 09:40 AM, said:

Messremb, on 27 January 2016 - 09:13 AM, said:

View PostPath-Shaper, on 27 January 2016 - 08:55 AM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 27 January 2016 - 08:52 AM, said:

We were getting quite close to what we thought were the right mechanics until Symp Ghost Messremb turned up with his zombie posts.

Which brought you back to square 1. I don't know about if you are enjoying yourself, but I find this little game quite fascinating.

In an "Oh my god they're actually buying this shit" sort of way? As well as a "Oh jeez, why does no-one think this through" way too...

Nah, it just sounded like Tatts was thinking that he had it all figured out, and then it turned out he made a square peg.
The funny thing is that you are indeed providing a distraction just by being around. If they ignored you, they'd have it figured almost all of it out, but instead they just discarded the entire theory they had just because you are the surprise.

"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#949 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 01 February 2016 - 11:49 AM

Messremb, on 27 January 2016 - 09:24 AM, said:

Or in an "It's too awful to watch but I just have to see some more before I bring myself to pull the trigger" way? ;)

Edit: No SH thread?

Nah. It is a mini-mini and the amount of conversations is very limited

Messremb, on 27 January 2016 - 09:43 AM, said:

Nah, it just sounded like Tatts was thinking that he had it all figured out, and then it turned out he made a square peg.
The funny thing is that you are indeed providing a distraction just by being around. If they ignored you, they'd have it figured almost all of it out, but instead they just discarded the entire theory they had just because you are the surprise.

Well that is rather the point of a symp...

How far can I take this I wonder

Messremb, on 27 January 2016 - 10:08 AM, said:

Messremb, on 27 January 2016 - 09:24 AM, said:

Or in an "It's too awful to watch but I just have to see some more before I bring myself to pull the trigger" way? :p

Edit: No SH thread?

Nah. It is a mini-mini and the amount of conversations is very limited

I'm sure the dead will have some talking to do - particularly Venge if he gets lynched before he gets on!

(Oh please lynch him, please please please)

Messremb, on 27 January 2016 - 10:15 AM, said:

2-all.

If they lynch Shin I'm ****ed

Path-Shaper, on 27 January 2016 - 11:42 AM, said:

Messremb, on 27 January 2016 - 11:02 AM, said:

Path-Shaper, on 27 January 2016 - 10:55 AM, said:

Yeah, Venge or Tatts dead would be a good scenario for you.

Tatts living is fine, he's at least buying into me being around and listening to me. Venge will not stand for that sort of thing. Although looking at his play this game he probably wouldn't even notice anything unusual

Too true. Has attendance/posting been such a problem lately? (wouldn't know myself since I haven't been attending/ posting lately).

Messremb, on 27 January 2016 - 11:45 AM, said:

Not that I've noted, guess it is just a busy week for him.

Path-Shaper, on 27 January 2016 - 12:08 PM, said:

Messremb, on 27 January 2016 - 12:06 PM, said:

Please be around to resolve...

I am here.

Messremb, on 27 January 2016 - 12:16 PM, said:

Good old Shin, telling it straight.

Messremb, on 27 January 2016 - 09:01 PM, said:

Path-Shaper, on 27 January 2016 - 01:56 PM, said:

Uggg welp that sucked monkey balls.

-Venge

The game or your 4 "cases"? :p

Messremb, on 28 January 2016 - 08:55 AM, said:

Path-Shaper, on 28 January 2016 - 08:49 AM, said:

Messremb, on 28 January 2016 - 07:54 AM, said:

If I didn't know I was the symp I'd rather suspect Tatts...

Yeah. First he asks Gnaw to reveal what role he has, and then he goes "ZOMG you are revealing healer?! RLY!!?1111?! Sooooo scummy!"

If I ever consider NK'ing Tatts please remind me of this game :p

"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#950 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 01 February 2016 - 11:50 AM

Messremb, on 28 January 2016 - 09:07 AM, said:

View PostShinrei, on 28 January 2016 - 09:04 AM, said:

The sauce is too thick.

Thanks Shin :p

Messremb, on 28 January 2016 - 09:11 AM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 28 January 2016 - 09:08 AM, said:

Tapper just laid the foundation and Mess is blowing the game up.

Brains all round today

Messremb, on 28 January 2016 - 09:14 AM, said:

You win if and when scum wins (counting yourself for majority), but you win even more if your two chosen players form a majority (so, basically, 2 out of 3 alive).

Question: Majority or Parity?

Path-Shaper, on 28 January 2016 - 02:25 PM, said:

Majority.

Path-Shaper, on 28 January 2016 - 03:03 PM, said:

Go, Tatts, go.

The only reason Shin is still alive is because "it's Day (N+2) and Khell is still......"

You slimy limey bastard. :p

-g

Path-Shaper, on 28 January 2016 - 03:19 PM, said:

Mess - you're so on my list now! Gah!

-Blend

Messremb, on 28 January 2016 - 03:21 PM, said:

Yours and everyone else!

Totally should be spoilers for you all to rant in :p

Path-Shaper, on 28 January 2016 - 03:35 PM, said:

This is suitable enough, you bastard.

-GA

Messremb, on 28 January 2016 - 03:57 PM, said:

Hehe.

I'm going to twist Tatts tail some more yet...

Messremb, on 28 January 2016 - 04:10 PM, said:

View PostMessremb, on 28 January 2016 - 04:09 PM, said:

My goodness Tatts, you're actually starting to use your head

As a butt plug, but even so ;)

Path-Shaper, on 28 January 2016 - 04:24 PM, said:

Messremb, on 28 January 2016 - 04:14 PM, said:

FWIW, at this point in game I just want it over.

Shin made a bad call taking out Blend I think - Tatts would have been by far the better choice as he is showing.

Yeah, but he had a very good reason for that - but also one he didn't use (yet).

Messremb, on 28 January 2016 - 04:46 PM, said:

I'm sure he did - but if he ends up lynched before saying it then it doesn't help.

Path-Shaper, on 28 January 2016 - 04:51 PM, said:

I hope they're keeping you awake on purpose.

-g

#951 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 01 February 2016 - 11:51 AM

Path-Shaper, on 28 January 2016 - 05:00 PM, said:

Messremb, on 27 January 2016 - 09:01 PM, said:

Path-Shaper, on 27 January 2016 - 01:56 PM, said:

Uggg welp that sucked monkey balls.

-Venge

The game or your 4 "cases"? ;)

Oh no If they had followed through and lynched Tatts. Think of how much less of a mess the game would be. I stand by my cases. Tatts should be lynched. You honestly can't get a better case then he is British. Unless it is a case on Mental for being a commie. That is super solid.

-V

Messremb, on 28 January 2016 - 05:10 PM, said:

-g

My body seems to have decided that since I got a few hours sleep yesterday it was only going to make sure I got the same today.

Also, bless you Tatts.

Now no second thoughts.

Shin, get your ass on thread that is game.

Path-Shaper, on 28 January 2016 - 05:20 PM, said:

Messremb, on 28 January 2016 - 05:11 PM, said:

Path-Shaper, on 28 January 2016 - 05:00 PM, said:

Oh no If they had followed through and lynched Tatts. Think of how much less of a mess the game would be. I stand by my cases. Tatts should be lynched. You honestly can't get a better case then he is British. Unless it is a case on Mental for being a commie. That is super solid.

-V

As a fellow Brit I feel I should stand with my fellow countryman.

However he just voted for Khell.

I stand by my case!

Path-Shaper, on 28 January 2016 - 05:22 PM, said:

Messremb, on 28 January 2016 - 05:10 PM, said:

-g

My body seems to have decided that since I got a few hours sleep yesterday it was only going to make sure I got the same today.

Also, bless you Tatts.

Now no second thoughts.

Shin, get your ass on thread that is game.

2:20 am in Tokyo.

-g

Messremb, on 28 January 2016 - 05:27 PM, said:

Path-Shaper, on 28 January 2016 - 05:27 PM, said:

Ha Tatts just removed. Khell has to know that Tatts isn't scum because no fucking killer would be stupid enough to lay down the first vote on d day. So by the process of deduction he should settle on SHin. Then take a look and see who was on when Glend was nked. Oh hey it was only shin. Then lynch him.

Most likely Tatts talks Khell into lynching Tatts.

-V

Yeah most likely!

Messremb, on 29 January 2016 - 01:23 AM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 29 January 2016 - 01:01 AM, said:

View PostMessremb, on 26 January 2016 - 05:18 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 26 January 2016 - 05:11 PM, said:

Messremb fun fact;

You summoned me, master?

Oh can it really be so simple?

Messremb fun fact;

Occasionally I demonstrate major advance planning.

Messremb, on 29 January 2016 - 09:47 AM, said:

Geez, they're back and forth all over.

I don't like a tight finish at all, this is nerve wrecking just watching

Path-Shaper, on 29 January 2016 - 09:53 AM, said:

Yep, it is. Tatts is going all over the place, though. He may hang himself

#952 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 01 February 2016 - 11:52 AM

Messremb, on 29 January 2016 - 09:57 AM, said:

Oh I do hope so.

Shin is, I really hope, hanging around but keeping quiet ready to submit a vote the moment one goes down on Tatts or Khell

Messremb, on 29 January 2016 - 10:59 AM, said:

I hate this. I don't know if I should leap in or not. Tatts correctly points out Shins setup looks unlikely (even if true) but I can't comment on that. I can doom it by saying the flaw in it is missing out me but that'll just draw attention on to Shin that Tatts wont then let go of.

If you started Day at lynch time then there are 5 minutes left

View PostTattersail_, on 28 January 2016 - 10:04 AM, said:

I am sure I have read that before. Anyway, I don't see today advancing any further than it already has

Vote Gnaw

If at this post 47min left:

View PostPath-Shaper, on 28 January 2016 - 11:46 AM, said:

Gnaw is dead. A healer was ganged upon while trying to do his duty, one of the final blows delivered by a person he was trying to aid.

4 are alive, and in order of sign-up, they are Tattersail, Shinrei, Blend and Khellendros. It is now night.

----<>-----

Blend took a wrong turn and found a knife waiting for him. He was not scum, and with no healer around, he bled to death.

3 are alive, and in order of sign-up, they are Tattersail, Shinrei and Khellendros. It is now D-day.

#953 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 01 February 2016 - 01:08 PM

Gnaw, Gnaw are you around? ;)

Look. Look here. This just made my Monday :p

Pathshaper to Messremb...

Well, you are undead.

Of the two players you named, one is now scum. The other is roled town. You don't know which is which, or what the town role is.

You can post on thread, but cannot vote - after all, you were dead.

How beautiful is that? That just make me warm and fuzzy inside. You had to be lynched to avoid Mess WINNING the game. I love it. I love it so much.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

Share this topic:

• 48 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users