• You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 129 A murder of symps

#921 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 29 January 2016 - 11:45 AM

View PostKhellendros, on 29 January 2016 - 11:37 AM, said:

View PostGredfallan Ale, on 29 January 2016 - 11:30 AM, said:

Did you guys know you nearly had the mechanics D2? You were nearly there, including Shin (with him not knowing he was a killer yet). Then Mess came along and fucked you all over with his brilliant symping. Everyone saying they should ignore him and focus on the game, but everyone kept paying attention to him. He had a bit more information about the mechanics and screwed you with it.

He didn't pick the healer, he just knew one of his picks would become the healer and one of his picks the killer. As the killer was automatically killing his picks (Charlie and Me), he could determine, by your lists on thread, who was going to receive which role on D3. And he used that to predict the healer and screw with your confidence about him being symp. Great play.

Personally, I was never even close to being close. I dismissed entirely that the kill choices at first would be automatic - it didn't make sense to me - why as a symp (at the time) would you kill your chosen masters???

It still, from a narrative standpoint, makes little sense to me ;)

The thing here was meta. The players you think are the best are the ones that you want to be your masters. Once you're scum, they're also the people you probably want to off the most.

Also, using the list to generate kills seemed like a perfect way to throw wifom on its head, and if people (like they did) named their chosen 'masters' on thread, it could dangle the evidence needed to find the killer(s) right in front of their noses - if only they'd see the connection :p
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#922 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 29 January 2016 - 11:46 AM

View PostTattersail_, on 29 January 2016 - 11:43 AM, said:

That's it Khell. I didn't know but you're case made sense and his didn't.

Messremb got the Tattersail effect ;)

You are now off my list Mess.

I think it went, the first game, oh congrats mess, well done. The second game, awesome mess well done. The third game, this mess is quite good at winning as scum isn't he. The 4th game, eyes narrow. Thoughts circulate... "I'm taking you down bitch"

5th game. Town are victors :p

Classic. Playing the long game. Messremb never even saw it coming. I was happy to be your accomplice.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#923 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 29 January 2016 - 11:48 AM

View PostPath-Shaper, on 29 January 2016 - 11:45 AM, said:

The thing here was meta. The players you think are the best are the ones that you want to be your masters. Once you're scum, they're also the people you probably want to off the most.

Also, using the list to generate kills seemed like a perfect way to throw wifom on its head, and if people (like they did) named their chosen 'masters' on thread, it could dangle the evidence needed to find the killer(s) right in front of their noses - if only they'd see the connection ;)

Was I the only one to lie about who they chose?
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#924 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 29 January 2016 - 11:48 AM

View PostKhellendros, on 29 January 2016 - 11:46 AM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 29 January 2016 - 11:43 AM, said:

That's it Khell. I didn't know but you're case made sense and his didn't.

Messremb got the Tattersail effect ;)

You are now off my list Mess.

I think it went, the first game, oh congrats mess, well done. The second game, awesome mess well done. The third game, this mess is quite good at winning as scum isn't he. The 4th game, eyes narrow. Thoughts circulate... "I'm taking you down bitch"

5th game. Town are victors :p

Classic. Playing the long game. Messremb never even saw it coming. I was happy to be your accomplice.

One step ahead. I'll have to up my game...
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#925 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 29 January 2016 - 11:49 AM

Did you guys know you nearly had the mechanics D2? You were nearly there, including Shin (with him not knowing he was a killer yet). Then Mess came along and fucked you all over with his brilliant symping. Everyone saying they should ignore him and focus on the game, but everyone kept paying attention to him. He had a bit more information about the mechanics and screwed you with it.

He didn't pick the healer, he just knew one of his picks would become the healer and one of his picks the killer. As the killer was automatically killing his picks (Charlie and Me), he could determine, by your lists on thread, who was going to receive which role on D3. And he used that to predict the healer and screw with your confidence about him being symp. Great play.

Personally, I was never even close to being close. I dismissed entirely that the kill choices at first would be automatic - it didn't make sense to me - why as a symp (at the time) would you kill your chosen masters???

Also, using the list to generate kills seemed like a perfect way to throw wifom on its head, and if people (like they did) named their chosen 'masters' on thread, it could dangle the evidence needed to find the killer(s) right in front of their noses - if only they'd see the connection :p

Yes, I see your roundabout logic :p Get out of PS so I can rep you for the game, it was hugely enjoyable.

It is definitely a setup I would struggle with though. I like to make cases based on player interaction. But if the killer didn't even know they were the killer till day 3, that made that course of action particularly difficult :p I guess I should explore other avenues more often.

#926 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Sorry,, although I go down the wrong path, i hope you liked my participation. I thought i'd throw myself into this one. Do you think to yourself how thick I am?

ha
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#927 User is offline   Khellendros 

View PostMessremb, on 29 January 2016 - 11:48 AM, said:

Also, using the list to generate kills seemed like a perfect way to throw wifom on its head, and if people (like they did) named their chosen 'masters' on thread, it could dangle the evidence needed to find the killer(s) right in front of their noses - if only they'd see the connection ;)

Was I the only one to lie about who they chose?

As Tatts pointed out, town had no reason to lie. And on day 2 we were all town aside from you.

#928 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 29 January 2016 - 11:52 AM

Venge, Gnaw, almost Tatts...fuck me, I did a great saboteur job didn't I? I blame this being my first game of the new year.

#929 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 29 January 2016 - 11:52 AM

I cannot believe you thought of me as scummy.

#930 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 29 January 2016 - 11:54 AM

View PostTattersail_, on 29 January 2016 - 11:52 AM, said:

It's your fault. That game where you acted exactly the same way, and I was all like, 'my buddy Tatts would never lie to me, we'll win together!', only for you to betray me - that really scarred me!

#931 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 29 January 2016 - 11:54 AM

View PostKhellendros, on 29 January 2016 - 11:52 AM, said:

Venge, Gnaw, almost Tatts...fuck me, I did a great saboteur job didn't I? I blame this being my first game of the new year.

Next time you'll get them all

;)

I'm out now, for some reason I'm feeling really awake but it had better not last or I'll be dead on my feet tonight.

Well done town

Edit: if no-one dumps PMs from PS before I'm coherent again I'll do mine from my end

This post has been edited by Messremb: 29 January 2016 - 11:55 AM

#932 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 29 January 2016 - 11:55 AM

View PostMessremb, on 29 January 2016 - 11:54 AM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 29 January 2016 - 11:52 AM, said:

Next time you'll get them all

;)

I'm out now, for some reason I'm feeling really awake but it had better not last or I'll be dead on my feet tonight.

Well done town

Well played Mess, great job.

#933 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 29 January 2016 - 11:56 AM

View PostKhellendros, on 29 January 2016 - 11:54 AM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 29 January 2016 - 11:52 AM, said:

It's your fault. That game where you acted exactly the same way, and I was all like, 'my buddy Tatts would never lie to me, we'll win together!', only for you to betray me - that really scarred me!

I acted differently in the hope that you'd spot it. (in that game) I'd never betray you partner

#934 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 29 January 2016 - 12:00 PM

The important thing is, the one thing I feel we should all take away from this game, is that currently I have a 100% record for 2016. Now we all have to do our level best to maintain that, okay?

#935 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 29 January 2016 - 12:07 PM

I have opened sign ups for Shin's Sengoku game, and sent an invite to all players involved in the world before. I hope some take interest

#936 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 29 January 2016 - 12:20 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 29 January 2016 - 11:49 AM, said:

Sorry,, although I go down the wrong path, i hope you liked my participation. I thought i'd throw myself into this one. Do you think to yourself how thick I am?

ha

Two words: Turing test.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#937 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 29 January 2016 - 12:27 PM

Why did Shin pick Blend as the NK?

#938 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 29 January 2016 - 12:41 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 29 January 2016 - 12:27 PM, said:

Why did Shin pick Blend as the NK?

Shinrei, on 28 January 2016 - 12:19 PM, said:

And in case the peanut gallery cares

I chose Blend because I felt that would sow the most confusion in Tatts, who is generally an end game genius. I know he had him as likely scum, but I feel somehow if it was Blend and me, he'd consider me more seriously.

Khell is Khell....

Tatts I had to leave around in case Khell (or Tatts) brings up the "hey, the first 2 kills were who Shin and Tatts picked as Killers"

If Tatts notices, I hope he brings it up first, because that would be easy to spin as scummier. If Khell notices, he has a decision to make.

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#939 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 29 January 2016 - 12:55 PM

BTW, Tapper:

10. The Eye of the Beholder: TMDI
How to label your game, decisions on pre-game information and why a cult game does not have to be tmdi 8 or higher.

This was NOT a "meat and potatoes" game by any measure of the index. (my opinion only; can't speak for others)

And fuck you Mess for mind fucking me. (I'd say "us" but not after just saying that I can't speak for others)

#940 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 29 January 2016 - 01:05 PM

View PostGnaw, on 29 January 2016 - 12:55 PM, said:

BTW, Tapper:

10. The Eye of the Beholder: TMDI
How to label your game, decisions on pre-game information and why a cult game does not have to be tmdi 8 or higher.

This was NOT a "meat and potatoes" game by any measure of the index. (my opinion only; can't speak for others)

And fuck you Mess for mind fucking me. (I'd say "us" but not after just saying that I can't speak for others)

I agree. Although te amount of roles were M&P, I needed an element of surprise. So, sorry but not 100% sorry ;)
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

Share this topic:

• 48 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users