• You cannot reply to this topic

Guns, control and culture.

#801 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 14 March 2018 - 03:36 PM

View Postworry, on 13 March 2018 - 10:30 PM, said:

Look, I have a First Amendment right to demand we cut off foreign aid until we help everybody at home first and also argue that we should cut food stamps and school lunch programs for freeloaders. It also protects my right to tell people on welfare that all work has dignity and tell people with minimum wage jobs that they should have made better life choices.

It's just that money is speech, so some of us have more to say. And the most important thing I want to say is: without the Second Amendment, we wouldn't have the First Amendment. Just think about that. (Unless you're European, in which case the thought police might come and get you).

Also, no one ever helped you, so the government should keep it's filthy stinkin' nose outta your business and it's greedy paws off your welfare check!
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#802 User is offline   Chance 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 14 March 2018 - 07:48 PM

View Postworry, on 13 March 2018 - 10:30 PM, said:

(Unless you're European, in which case the thought police might come and get you).

They stopped with the Thought Police when they realized there wheren't really anything for them to do...the brainwashing programs (Code Name: Free Education) is that successful.

#803 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 14 March 2018 - 07:55 PM

View PostPrimateus, on 14 March 2018 - 03:36 PM, said:

Also, no one ever helped you, so the government should keep it's filthy stinkin' nose outta your business and it's greedy paws off your welfare check!

One of the all-time classics:

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#804 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 19 March 2018 - 12:20 AM

Another gem for you.

Attached File  28871816_10204115726089930_1817691813417630562_n.jpg (55.11K)
Number of downloads: 0
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#805 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 19 March 2018 - 01:48 AM

Killing/enslaving non white people and keeping the government from taking your money being the two things?
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#806 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 19 March 2018 - 02:03 AM

Apparently

Manifest Destiny bitches!

This post has been edited by Slow Ben: 19 March 2018 - 02:03 AM

#807 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 19 March 2018 - 02:35 AM

I've just been radicalized by this thread.

#808 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 19 March 2018 - 03:57 AM

View PostH. D., on 13 March 2018 - 01:50 PM, said:

View PostVengeance, on 13 March 2018 - 01:47 PM, said:

View PostNicodimas, on 12 March 2018 - 12:21 AM, said:

( the Europeans here might not understand this, but your free cause of America.... Cause Russians)

So how does that work when the President is a fan of Russia and refuses to criticize Russia and has probably worked with them to undermine Democracy in this country. Then refuses to criticize Russia when the UK determines that they committed a chemical attack on British Soil in order to assassinate a Ex Russian Spy.

Nico stop watching Fox news and reading Breitbart. Just stop. It is rotting your brain.

I'm guessing Info Wars over both, tbh.

I don’t watch mainstream news .. I haven’t in over a decade.

I have never watched infowars.

I form all of opinions on how people view freedom. You support it or you don’t understand it. Lots of statists here at times and I get their belief stucture.. there just wrong.

Many here have subscribed that intelligence and their viewpoint and morality are actually important cause they have you know Facebook, social media and forums.. all these venues that make them feel all important inside and stuff.

They are .. wrong. Reality will show the truth.

I find it funny in the modern age.

Britain feels the need to talk shit to Russia. Russia the more powerful nation would Rip.. it’s face off. This is the problem with the left .. they just don’t understand and forgot why they need to work with their counterparts.

Some places still have a fight in it. That what the gun debate is about .. dangerous freedoms.. the ability to cognitively remember how to protect yourself.

Some statists here will only rely on there defenders though to protect them. They forget at their peril. Self defence comes down to a individual level .. once you forget that .. and send it to a state level .. a small country talks shit to a big country at its peril. It’s strange cause the anti freedom crowd always misses that truth.

This post has been edited by Nicodimas: 19 March 2018 - 04:11 AM

-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#809 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 19 March 2018 - 04:52 AM

Good luck protecting yourself from nuclear Armageddon with your "personal freedoms", ar-15s, and "self defence".

Also, I strongly advise you to Google the term "false equivalency", and then look at how you associate "gun control" with "anti freedom". :)

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#810 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 19 March 2018 - 07:55 AM

I would like to point you to a documentary from the 1980s called Red Dawn. There was also a remake in 2012. No I don't know how they remade a documentary. Not my business!

#811 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 19 March 2018 - 08:33 AM

So, Nico, what you're saying is, if you don't support a specific "freedom", you don't understand it?

That is quite possibly one of the dumbest things you've ever said on this forum.

Seriously!

It is unbelievably stupid! And then you follow it up with;

This is the problem with the left .. they just don't understand and forgot why they need to work with their counterparts

I'm familiar enough with American politics to know that while the left does have problems with working with the right, it is a FAR greater problem on the right-leaning side of the aisle. You know, the side of the aisle you belong on.

Or, are all of those cases where a republican politician has been primaried by supposedly his own party for not being right-wing enough just not true?

#812 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 19 March 2018 - 09:03 AM

Now, now, Primateus. Remember the Discussion Board traditions. Stick to the arguments, don't resort to personal insults and attacks.

I find Nico's opinions to be utterly alien to me but I value his input. Think of it like a sociological and political experiment. You're faced with somebody who has a completely different belief structure than you do. Why is that? How do you convince him that he is wrong? Is he wrong?

Remember that if you're trying to win an argument, resorting to insults will only solidify the opponent in his belief that he is in the right.

#813 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 19 March 2018 - 10:04 AM

View PostAlternative Goose, on 19 March 2018 - 09:03 AM, said:

Now, now, Primateus. Remember the Discussion Board traditions. Stick to the arguments, don't resort to personal insults and attacks.

I find Nico's opinions to be utterly alien to me but I value his input. Think of it like a sociological and political experiment. You're faced with somebody who has a completely different belief structure than you do. Why is that? How do you convince him that he is wrong? Is he wrong?

Remember that if you're trying to win an argument, resorting to insults will only solidify the opponent in his belief that he is in the right.

I did not call him any names or insult his manhood. I do not think I attacked him personally. What I said was, it was possibly the dumbest thing he had ever said, followed by something equally dumb.

I say stupid things, as do you, as does Worry, as does everyone. Calling a statement someone makes the dumbest thing they've ever said is not calling them stupid.

I do make the claim that Nico belongs on the right side of the aisle. I do not think this is an incorrect statement.

In conclusion, I fail to see how I've attacked Nico personally. That certainly wasn't the intent.

#814 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 19 March 2018 - 10:25 AM

Yeah I agree with Prim in this one he wasn't personally attacking Nico he was calling him out on his ridiculous theories.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#815 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 19 March 2018 - 10:30 AM

I guess you're right, I read it as a more personal reproach than it was meant as. My bad.

#816 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 19 March 2018 - 11:22 AM

I will elaborate, for the sake of clarity.

View PostNicodimas, on 19 March 2018 - 03:57 AM, said:

I don't watch mainstream news .. I haven't in over a decade.

Whatever, this part is irrelevant to my point. But what is the mainstream news? Wouldn't it be fair to include Fox News in the mainstream given that they are, apparently, the channel with the most viewers?

I have never watched infowars.

Good for you, that man is nuts!

I form all of opinions on how people view freedom. You support it or you don't understand it. Lots of statists here at times and I get their belief stucture.. there just wrong.

Here's where we get to the meat of the matter. The bolded part! I'm sorry, but it's fucking idiotic. Claiming that the reason people support don't something other people consider freedom is because they just don't understand it is stupid. Worse, it's insulting.

I understand that some people feel they should have a religious right to discriminate, because if they don't, it's an infringement on their freedom to practice their religion as they see fit. I understand that this is what they believe, genuinely so. I understand it, and I also know it's stupid.

Nico, I understand that you like your freedom to own guns. I understand it. I know where you're coming from. Guns are fun, moreover, they are for many people an essential tool, a necessary tool. My father owned a double-barreled shotgun. He was a hunter and needed that weapon to pursue that part of his life. Here's the kicker though. Once he stopped hunting, once he realized he didn't need it anymore, he sold it. He registered the sale with the police, informing them that he was no longer a gun owner. That he had sold his weapon to [insert buyer here who also registered his purchase of the weapon], and that there was no longer a reason for him to renew his license. And guess what? Nary a right was infringed. It was utterly painless for him and the buyer.

So you can understand something and still not agree with it. You can understand that someone calls something a freedom and why they think so, and still disagree.

I should mention that I had decided against "chastising" Nico for his seeming unwillingness to engage with the opposite side of the aisle, but...

Many here have subscribed that intelligence and their viewpoint and morality are actually important cause they have you know Facebook, social media and forums.. all these venues that make them feel all important inside and stuff.

Britain feels the need to talk shit to Russia. Russia the more powerful nation would Rip.. it's face off. This is the problem with the left .. they just don't understand and forgot why they need to work with their counterparts.

Some places still have a fight in it. That what the gun debate is about .. dangerous freedoms.. the ability to cognitively remember how to protect yourself.

Some statists here will only rely on there defenders though to protect them. They forget at their peril. Self defence comes down to a individual level .. once you forget that .. and send it to a state level .. a small country talks shit to a big country at its peril. It's strange cause the anti freedom crowd always misses that truth.

It is only a few sentences further down where he accuses the left of doing that exact thing, and then throws in a bit victim blaming as well.

I'm sorry if this comes off as attacking Nico personally. Like I mentioned in my previous post, that isn't my intent. You can be smart and still say stupid things. And what Nico has said here, is unbelievably stupid.

Edit: some stuff needed extra clarity

This post has been edited by Primateus: 19 March 2018 - 11:24 AM

#817 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 19 March 2018 - 02:13 PM

Britain feels the need to talk shit to Russia. Russia the more powerful nation would Rip.. it’s face off. This is the problem with the left .. they just don’t understand and forgot why they need to work with their counterparts.

Correction. Britain (just like Russia) has nukes so if either side REALLY starts shit, we won't be living on this planet much longer.

Russia is *conventionally* stronger, but that only matters when they pick on someone below their weight class (i.e, countries w/o nukes. See: Georgia, Ukraine)
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#818 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 19 March 2018 - 03:43 PM

View PostMentalist, on 19 March 2018 - 02:13 PM, said:

Correction. Britain (just like Russia) has nukes so if either side REALLY starts shit, we won't be living on this planet much longer.

Russia is *conventionally* stronger, but that only matters when they pick on someone below their weight class (i.e, countries w/o nukes. See: Georgia, Ukraine)

Russia's conventional strength doesn't translate well into power projection. At this point the best they could hope for, disregarding the nuclear option, is an offensive air war with a predominantly defensive air doctrine (they have a fourth armed forces branch that is anti-air, equivalent to army, navy and air force), which they would not be able to push. They lack the naval instruments to mount an invasion significant enough to gain a foothold on any of the british isles. It would be an effective stalemate between those two countries; if NATO was to become involved it would turn into one in a couple of weeks at most, and that's counting a surprise pre-emptive strike on part of Russia.
Both sides lack the ability to push and hold far enough into the other to force any sort of concessions. A protracted war would favour NATO as the stronger economies will be better able to supply their forces and mobilization efforts negate the initial russian advantage. Posturing is one thing, but following up on threats of war with the west would bring Putin only humilliation.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#819 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 19 March 2018 - 05:05 PM

I form all of opinions on how people view freedom. You support it or you don't understand it. Lots of statists here at times and I get their belief stucture.. there just wrong.

I asked you earlier in the thread to explain what you consider 'freedom', but I don't think you replied to it. I'm happy to be enlightened, because at the moment I definitely fall into the category of those who "don't understand it" in your view. However, I don't think "they're just wrong" qualifies as an objective argument. So I'll need something a bit more substantial than that.

I'm not really sure what this means.

Britain feels the need to talk shit to Russia. Russia the more powerful nation would Rip.. it's face off. This is the problem with the left .. they just don't understand and forgot why they need to work with their counterparts.

So might makes right in your world view? The person with the most 'power' (power here meaning guns and bombs) is allowed to kick everyone else because that is how reality works? Is that a correct interpretation of your viewpoint here?

So you have a gun so you can shoot the nation of Russia when they piss you off? I'm really trying to follow your logic here.

Some statists here will only rely on there defenders though to protect them. They forget at their peril. Self defence comes down to a individual level .. once you forget that .. and send it to a state level .. a small country talks shit to a big country at its peril. It's strange cause the anti freedom crowd always misses that truth.

So you are in truth actually advocating a Mad Max society as I suggested a few pages ago? That is your idea of how society should work? We should all arm ourselves and organise ourselves into self-sustaining communes, then raid other communes for their goods because we can, or trade goods if they are equally powerful, or let ourselves be enslaved or subjected to a more powerful commune until some sort of equilibrium is reached? At least this is the only logical summary that I can distill from your comments so far. I'd love to hear if I'm hitting the mark or not.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#820 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 19 March 2018 - 07:31 PM

I'm telling you all, for the longest time we thought Nico was a bot. Then he convinced us otherwise.

Are we just being fooled by an intelligent radicalized far alt right bot?

Share this topic:

• 73 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

27 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 27 guests, 0 anonymous users