Malazan Empire: Game of Thrones Season 6 - Malazan Empire

• 61 Pages +
  • Last »

Game of Thrones Season 6 BOOK SPOILERS through early TWOW chapters Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#21 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:WWQBD?
  • WoT Fangirl, Rank Traitor

Posted 26 November 2015 - 06:09 PM

Most show-only people think of that first. It doesn't seem likely though. He has been tied to Melisandre and her role was thoroughly foreshadowed with Thoros. In the show they exaggerated these two plot points for the benefit of non-readers. Melisandre even went to meet Thoros and directly learned about the resurrections of Beric, which she never did in the books.

The President (2012) said:

Please proceed, Governor.

Chris Christie (2016) said:

There it is.

Elizabeth Warren (2020) said:

And no, I’m not talking about Donald Trump. I’m talking about Mayor Bloomberg.

#22 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 15 February 2016 - 12:27 PM

I saw the new trailer for season 6. Not really a trailer, just a rehash of earlier seasons. Is this becoming a trend? I know that trailers often show all too much of a movie or series, but this backwards trend of only showing stuff from earlier seasons isn't a good trend either.

It's not a trailer, it's a "previously on..."
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#23 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 15 February 2016 - 12:52 PM

I don't know how you missed the slow transformation of promotional campaigns over the last thirty years into the fairly straightforward progression for TV we have now.

First, we get a few pictures/designs. Then we get a previously on to signal people to catch up to present day if they need to. Then we get a few more pictures and interviews. Then we get a snippet of upcoming clips. Then a couple more. Then we get prompted to buy the DVDs. Then we get the premiere ramp up promo.

This is how it goes. The choice to step on or off this promo train ride at any point is yours. I mostly stay the heck off because I like to do things other than consume promo.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#24 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 15 February 2016 - 10:53 PM

View Postamphibian, on 15 February 2016 - 12:52 PM, said:

NO PROMO!

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#25 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB
  • Interests:WWQBD?
  • WoT Fangirl, Rank Traitor

Posted 04 March 2016 - 10:08 AM

Possible a big and fun spoiler:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...tform=hootsuite

It would appear that the Hound is not dead, despite everyone's insistence that he was dead. Someone posted this clever theory on the Westeros Facebook post:

Tara Bruner said:

So ok, if Robert Strong aka the Mountain is Cersei's champion and the Hound is the Faith's champion, his success in killing his brother will be Cersei's downfall, hence fulfilling the prophecy told to her as a child by Maggie when she said "beware the Valonqar" which is high Valyrian for little brother!

The President (2012) said:

Please proceed, Governor.

Chris Christie (2016) said:

There it is.

Elizabeth Warren (2020) said:

And no, I’m not talking about Donald Trump. I’m talking about Mayor Bloomberg.

#26 User is offline   End of Disc One 

• House Knight

Posted 04 March 2016 - 01:31 PM

People insisted The Hound was dead? I must have missed that. I've been kind of avoiding GoT stuff lately because it makes me depressed.

#27 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 04 March 2016 - 02:27 PM

View PostEnd of Disc One, on 04 March 2016 - 01:31 PM, said:

People insisted The Hound was dead? I must have missed that. I've been kind of avoiding GoT stuff lately because it makes me depressed.

Yeah, I've always assumed he was still alive. He doesn't die on screen...he's just "dying" as Arya walks away.

That's film/TV speak for "not dead". Unless you watch it happen, it didn't happen.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#28 User is offline   End of Disc One 

• House Knight

Posted 04 March 2016 - 03:17 PM

I also thought that "Hound = Gravedigger" was just right behind "R + L = J" on the list of theories that are most likely true.

#29 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 04 March 2016 - 03:45 PM

The people at ASOIAF subreddit have been pretty consistent that the Hound was alive and would in fact fight Robert Strong. I was a bit sceptical about the second item though

#30 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 04 March 2016 - 04:33 PM

View PostEnd of Disc One, on 04 March 2016 - 03:17 PM, said:

I also thought that "Hound = Gravedigger" was just right behind "R + L = J" on the list of theories that are most likely true.

I didn't even find it as subtle as R+L=J.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#31 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 04 March 2016 - 04:44 PM

View PostTraveller, on 24 November 2015 - 12:02 PM, said:

With shots from the set being leaked every week it's not much of a secret now anyway.

It will be interesting to see where they take it. Is Jon now free of the Watch if they killed him?

Night gathers and my watch begins. It shall not end until my death.

Handy little resurrection loophole there.

Although if anyone wanted to get lawyer-y about it, they would point out that neither

I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory.

nor

I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.

have similar conditions attached. So one could argue that while his watch is over, his is still under wow not to take a wife or hold lands/titles, and that his honor remains pledged to the watch indefinitely.
Tatts early in SH game: Hmm, so if I'm liberal I should have voted Nein to make sure I'm president? I'm not that selfish

Tatts later in SAME game: I'm going to be a corrupt official. I have turned from my liberal ways, and now will vote against the pesky liberals. Viva la Fascism.
When Venge's turn comes, he will get a yes from Mess, Dolmen, Nevyn and Venge but a no from the 3 fascists and me. **** with my Government, and i'll **** with yours

#32 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 04 March 2016 - 05:18 PM

I'm under wow too. It's not as fun as you'd think.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#33 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 04 March 2016 - 05:33 PM

Well, he pledges his life, singular. Not his lives :D

#34 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 06 March 2016 - 03:39 PM

Me too - but I hadn't connected the dots in terms of the Valonquar prophecy, so that's interesting :-)
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#35 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 06 March 2016 - 05:18 PM

View PostNevyn, on 04 March 2016 - 04:44 PM, said:

View PostTraveller, on 24 November 2015 - 12:02 PM, said:

With shots from the set being leaked every week it's not much of a secret now anyway.

It will be interesting to see where they take it. Is Jon now free of the Watch if they killed him?

Night gathers and my watch begins. It shall not end until my death.

Handy little resurrection loophole there.

Although if anyone wanted to get lawyer-y about it, they would point out that neither

I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory.

nor

I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.

have similar conditions attached. So one could argue that while his watch is over, his is still under wow not to take a wife or hold lands/titles, and that his honor remains pledged to the watch indefinitely.

But, you could also argue that those are merely additions to the first, primary vow, that his watch has begun. And it is clearly stated, like they say whenever one of their brothers die, that the watch ends at death. This would presumably include all other stipulations of the vow.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#36 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 06 March 2016 - 10:08 PM

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 06 March 2016 - 03:39 PM, said:

Me too - but I hadn't connected the dots in terms of the Valonquar prophecy, so that's interesting :-)

Yah. I subsequently looked up Valonquar theories on Westeros and there's a whole page dedicated to them (not the forum, but Wiki style) and I like this one more than any of the others.

#37 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 06 March 2016 - 10:58 PM

View PostZoolanderis Derake, on 06 March 2016 - 10:08 PM, said:

Yah. I subsequently looked up Valonquar theories on Westeros and there's a whole page dedicated to them (not the forum, but Wiki style) and I like this one more than any of the others.

Just been for a nosy - I'm with you on that. I must admit I hadn't thought too far beyond Cersei's own siblings - but even seeing all the others, Sandor makes the most sense to me.
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#38 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 08 March 2016 - 09:47 PM

http://youtu.be/CuH3tJPiP-U
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#39 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 March 2016 - 12:55 AM

Yup!

#40 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 09 March 2016 - 05:10 AM

HOLY SHIT.

So much hype. Euron looks so much like Alfie Allen! Possible Tower of Joy flashback! Davos fighting over Jon's body! Melisandre admitting her visions were a lie! The Wachowski brothers are now the Wachowski sisters!

Well, that last one was unrelated, but still interesting. On topic, I'M SO FUCKING HYPED. It feels so good to tread actual unknown territory and see things in Westeros that are actually new to me, instead of something I'd read before.

Share this topic:

• 61 Pages +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users