• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Marvel's Jessica Jones

#81 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 09 March 2018 - 02:55 PM

3 episodes in. Pace somewhat slow. I'm a bit less engaged than I was in season 1.

But this is still worlds better than the Defenders. So far they are back to Jessica's orbit alone, no mention of the hand, and her character thrives much more in this environment.

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Nevyn: 09 March 2018 - 03:02 PM

Tatts early in SH game: Hmm, so if I'm liberal I should have voted Nein to make sure I'm president? I'm not that selfish

Tatts later in SAME game: I'm going to be a corrupt official. I have turned from my liberal ways, and now will vote against the pesky liberals. Viva la Fascism.
When Venge's turn comes, he will get a yes from Mess, Dolmen, Nevyn and Venge but a no from the 3 fascists and me. **** with my Government, and i'll **** with yours

#82 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 09 March 2018 - 04:28 PM

Tolerating Ritter's nasally voice is probably going to prevent me form watching Season 2. As much as I thought the first season was solid...her voice grates on my last goddamned nerve.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#83 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 09 March 2018 - 07:36 PM

I'm not sure I want to watch this. JJ is so whiny and annoying that I'm not sure I can bring myself to go through all that again...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#84 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 09 March 2018 - 07:38 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 09 March 2018 - 07:36 PM, said:

I'm not sure I want to watch this. JJ is so whiny and annoying that I'm not sure I can bring myself to go through all that again...

Great minds sir, great minds.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#85 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 09 March 2018 - 07:45 PM

Mute button, closed captioning.

And then just fast forward any part that isn't her walking away in jeans.
Tatts early in SH game: Hmm, so if I'm liberal I should have voted Nein to make sure I'm president? I'm not that selfish

Tatts later in SAME game: I'm going to be a corrupt official. I have turned from my liberal ways, and now will vote against the pesky liberals. Viva la Fascism.
When Venge's turn comes, he will get a yes from Mess, Dolmen, Nevyn and Venge but a no from the 3 fascists and me. **** with my Government, and i'll **** with yours

#86 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 10 March 2018 - 01:22 PM

Decided to bite the bullet and watch defenders so I can watch this.

I must be one of the few that really liked JJ

#87 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 10 March 2018 - 01:36 PM

I liked her at first but her constant "woah look how dark and brooding I am" became very boring. Let's face it, David Tennant made S1...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#88 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 10 March 2018 - 02:19 PM

Watching season 2 episode 2 now.

I'll agree with the above. This is slow going and I don't really dig the whole wallowing in misery thing. They basically erased the growth of Jones character from Season 1. I think I liked her better when she was just bitter and drunk.

I don't really care about this Origins plot. What is it with super hero stories that the writer's can't think of anything better than origin stories? They're unimportant if your character and story is good enough.

As for Jessica Jones season 1, I think that was the best season Netflix have done of all the super hero episodes. Even though I hated Killgraves character it was still pretty cool.

#89 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 10 March 2018 - 03:56 PM

Finished episode 3. I haven't watched the trailers for this show, so I don't actually know what the plot of the season is. So far I don't really see a point to the whole thing - The origin stuff needs some kind of urgency to make the whole thing meaningful.

Going by the ending of episode 3 I think they're going with some kind of Miles Warren/The Jackal like plot, they're just lacking some kind of hook that makes me want to see the next episode.

Like every other Netflix super hero season I am left with the same constant complaint - Where is the super aspect of this super hero show? Jones doesn't even use her powers for anything so far beyond beating up an asshole.

#90 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 11 March 2018 - 02:58 PM

I gave up after episode 4. Somebody finish the season and tell me if it turns around during the second half of the show.

#91 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 11 March 2018 - 05:12 PM

Aw man

#92 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 11 March 2018 - 05:38 PM

Still watching. At the moment I feel like I should like it more than I do like it. Going a somewhat interesting direction, it is just that the main plot is ssssllllowwww and the subplots hacky.

I pass the trademarked netflix marvel flashback exposition episode which was good all things considered but everything still moving slowly.

#93 User is offline   the broken 

• Fist

Posted 12 March 2018 - 09:58 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 09 March 2018 - 04:28 PM, said:

Tolerating Ritter's nasally voice is probably going to prevent me form watching Season 2. As much as I thought the first season was solid...her voice grates on my last goddamned nerve.

You could try watching in a different language with subtitles

Up to Ep 7, enjoying it so far.

#94 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 12 March 2018 - 11:25 PM

I think I finished ep 7 last night. Really liking it, especially this triptych of parallel stories. Even though Jeri is intensely abrasive, Carrie Anne Moss is owning this role like nobody's business. I've seen her in a few things over the years but this performance is my favorite. Trish is still, in relative terms, the weakest of the three stories but they still manage to make me care about her (often to my surprise). And Jessica just rules imo. I don't really get the 'wallowing' reading -- she very unambiguously has PTSD from multiple, in some cases repeated, instances of trauma. Everything she's doing makes sense to me. Malcolm still looks like a grown up version of the kids from The Boondocks to me, but he sure cleans up nice!

Negatives: So far, there just isn't an antagonist as compelling (no pun intended) as Killgrave, so there's definitely a vacuum there.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#95 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 13 March 2018 - 12:02 AM

Episode 11 finally moved things up a notch.

I would not call the season bad, but I would expect it to be polarizing. Not a traditional comic type story at all.

#96 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:46 AM

... and done.

Last two episodes covered more than rest of season combined.

Still processing. Didn't hate it.

#97 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 16 March 2018 - 08:46 AM

I really enjoyed season 1. Have seen two episodes so far, and am enjoying it. I wonder what they will do with the plot progression now that Killgrave is no more.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#98 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 16 March 2018 - 10:20 AM

They could easily reintroduce killgrave as a disembodied mind virus.

#99 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 16 March 2018 - 11:49 AM

I'm up through episode 6, and things have started to solidify. I'm hoping the pace picks up for the 2nd half of the season, though.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#100 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 16 March 2018 - 07:41 PM

Finished last night...aside from Punisher this is definitely the darkest of the Marvel shows. And yah, the latter half of the season really pays off everything that the first half sets up, and then some.

Spoiler

This post has been edited by worry: 16 March 2018 - 09:18 PM

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users