• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Marvel's Jessica Jones

#41 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 23 November 2015 - 07:25 AM

I saw the two first episodes and really enjoyed it. I love the casting in this show, and the camera work is really good I think. The way she finds information seems both clever and believable, which is incredibly important in a detective show.

That guitar score for the intro though, it is so grating. Especially the final part.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#42 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 23 November 2015 - 08:28 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 23 November 2015 - 07:25 AM, said:

That guitar score for the intro though, it is so grating. Especially the final part.

I kind of like it :(

I'm four eps in and enjoying it. I like the low-key approach and the noir-ish feel to it, and the undercurrent of paranoia. I know nothing about the source material, though, and haven't watched Daredevil yet (only just signed up to Netflix) so have nothing to compare it to.

#43 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 23 November 2015 - 08:45 AM

Watch Agent Carter as well when you're done with Daredevil. It's not exactly the same kind of show, it's more Louis and Clark, than modern gritty television, but it ties into Captain America, Ironman, SHIELD, etc.

This post has been edited by Apt: 23 November 2015 - 08:45 AM

#44 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 23 November 2015 - 09:14 AM

I've seen Agent Carter and really enjoyed it :(

#45 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 23 November 2015 - 02:13 PM

We could only get through 2 eps on Friday as we are still catching up on all the stuff on the PVR from when my wife was away...but we liked them.

Now, we weren't blown away or anything. By the end of Ep 2 of DAREDEVIL I was pretty blown away...so we've not reached that point yet...but it's solidly good.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#46 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 23 November 2015 - 03:30 PM

I saw the two first episodes and really enjoyed it. I love the casting in this show, and the camera work is really good I think. The way she finds information seems both clever and believable, which is incredibly important in a detective show.

Yeah I don't like the intro.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#47 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:37 PM

View PostVengeance, on 23 November 2015 - 03:30 PM, said:

People watch intros?
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#48 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:57 PM

so with all the episodes being released simultaneously, i guess its kinda tricky holding a discussion about the show.

I saw ep1, looked ok i just don't know if it worth it to invest more into the show. Not seeing the appeal just yet.

#49 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 24 November 2015 - 05:04 PM

so tempted to read...
I'm through the first 6 episodes. Pretty good so far. Creepy ass villain! Will read & comment more once I finish season 1! Trying to avoid spoilers etc :(
Now they will know why they are are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night. -Thulsa Doom

You're such an inspiration for the ways that I would never, ever choose to be. -MJK

#50 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 24 November 2015 - 05:31 PM

View PostNicodimas, on 23 November 2015 - 10:37 PM, said:

View PostVengeance, on 23 November 2015 - 03:30 PM, said:

People watch intros?

I watched the DAREDEVIL one every time.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#51 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 24 November 2015 - 05:38 PM

12 episodes in!! Saved the final episode to watch by itself..

Really enjoying the last couple...
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#52 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 25 November 2015 - 03:06 PM

4 episodes in...eh...it's alright. It's not as good as I'd hoped. David Tennant is the best part about it for me.

My wife pointed out that Krysten Ritter has a very nasally voice...and of course after she said that I can't unhear it and I find JJ kind of irritating as a result.

There's a lot of sex and I'm unsure of what its purpose is. Like did we really need sex scene, followed by eating junk food, followed by another sex scene? What purpose did the second one serve the plot or characters?

Spoiler

Now, that said... her Chemistry with Colter is perfect, and I buy the whole Jones Cage love affair thing. Those emotions come across well.

I like that the rando one-off Kilgrave-manipulated cop becomes a bigger player with connecting with Trish. That was cool as a story progression.

So far the best scene is where Jessica sees Kilgrave as she saves the cop and the chase kind of ensues. And the second best was the one where Jessica loses her shit with the couple trying to scam her (the woman of that couple being Carol from FRIENDS....which was funny)

#53 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe

Posted 25 November 2015 - 04:40 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 25 November 2015 - 03:06 PM, said:

4 episodes in...eh...it's alright. It's not as good as I'd hoped. David Tennant is the best part about it for me.

My wife pointed out that Krysten Ritter has a very nasally voice...and of course after she said that I can't unhear it and I find JJ kind of irritating as a result.

There's a lot of sex and I'm unsure of what its purpose is. Like did we really need sex scene, followed by eating junk food, followed by another sex scene? What purpose did the second one serve the plot or characters?

Spoiler

Now, that said... her Chemistry with Colter is perfect, and I buy the whole Jones Cage love affair thing. Those emotions come across well.

I like that the rando one-off Kilgrave-manipulated cop becomes a bigger player with connecting with Trish. That was cool as a story progression.

So far the best scene is where Jessica sees Kilgrave as she saves the cop and the chase kind of ensues. And the second best was the one where Jessica loses her shit with the couple trying to scam her (the woman of that couple being Carol from FRIENDS....which was funny)

Stick with it, it's a slow start and by ep4 I was wondering if I was going to stick with it but it does get better and I enjoyed it by the end... the more you see of Kilgrave, the better it gets.

Daredevil was the better of the two for me though.

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#54 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 25 November 2015 - 04:48 PM

View Postchamp, on 25 November 2015 - 04:40 PM, said:

Stick with it, it's a slow start and by ep4 I was wondering if I was going to stick with it but it does get better and I enjoyed it by the end... the more you see of Kilgrave, the better it gets.

Daredevil was the better of the two for me though.

Thanks, We will. I've heard that from others as well.

But yeah, in the end I feel like DD will be the superior show for my tastes.

#55 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery

Posted 26 November 2015 - 12:02 AM

Just finished and enjoyed it a lot. For me it was better than DD. I like how it was toned down and a bit more personal.
No Touchy.

#56 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 26 November 2015 - 01:05 AM

Great show! I like the idea if Netflix can run with the formula and get B/C class mutants solo short run's Tv series:

So I guess it will Luke Cage and Iron Fist --> Then the Defenders.

Easily then they could do a R-rated Punisher and Moon knight...

This post has been edited by Nicodimas: 26 November 2015 - 01:06 AM

#57 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 26 November 2015 - 02:10 AM

View PostNicodimas, on 26 November 2015 - 01:05 AM, said:

Great show! I like the idea if Netflix can run with the formula and get B/C class mutants solo short run's Tv series:

So I guess it will Luke Cage and Iron Fist --> Then the Defenders.

Easily then they could do a R-rated Punisher and Moon knight...

Well apparently, The Punisher is going to be a major part of Daredevil season2. And I think Luge Cage is getting his own series next, but there is still a question mark as to whether Iron Fist gets his own series for another few years. But once they've all be introduced (DD,JJ,LC,IF) there is supposed to be a crossover DEFENDERS event, be that film, mini-series or full series.

I have no idea who Moon Knight is?

I am looking forward to seeing what they would do with a solo Luke Cage series.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

Never argue with an idiot!
They'll drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!
- Anonymous

#58 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery

Posted 26 November 2015 - 02:18 AM

I wish Netflix would make a series following and depicting a villain. Another angle where we can see the character development and understand him/her and to actually grow to hate them or maybe even to root for them. Then when the villains and heroes eventually clash you can either pick a side or whatever. Would make things interesting.

This post has been edited by A Demon Llama!: 26 November 2015 - 02:20 AM

No Touchy.

#59 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 28 November 2015 - 11:07 AM

So I really liked this. Possibly more than DD. It wasn't as stylish, and it was slightly too long (large parts of episodes 10 and 11 in particular seemed to exist only to pad it out to 13 episodes, although there was good stuff there too), but after (and perhaps thanks to) a slightly slow start on that front, I think it did much better fleshing out the supporting cast (apart from one bum note there), and it has a lot going on subtextually without going out and bashing us over the head with it.

And Tennant was fantastic, as was Krysten Ritter of course.
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#60 User is offline   DeadHedge 

• Fist
  • Interests:Reading MBotF and Playing 360/PC

Posted 30 November 2015 - 03:00 PM

As someone who hasn't watched Jessica Jones or Daredevil, but does enjoy the MCU,(except Agents of SHIELD as I found that boring after the 2nd season) would I likely enjoy them. If so, how do they tie in with the existing franchises or are they set in an alternate MCU from the movies and shows already out?
"The wise say that as vows are sworn, so are the reaped. I found this to be true"

Prince K'azz D'avore
Founder of the Crimson Guard

xbl GT - Arai Zenko

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users