Malazan Empire: Forkrul Assail - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1

Forkrul Assail where did they sail from?

#1 User is offline   Stonehenge 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:04 PM

I looked for this topic but I couldn't find it anywhere on the forum so I hope I'm not bringing up something that was already discussed.

before I read Assail I thought that the Forkrul Assail in Kolanse had sailed from the continent Assail. after reading the book I realized this couldn't be true. where did they sail from in their boats? did they sail from a different warren? I don't remember anywhere in any of the books that it mentions where they came from exactly. does anybody know or have any idea?

#2 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 22 July 2015 - 08:10 PM

We don't really know, but we do know from FoD that the Tiste fought the Forulkan and defeated them, so they probably came from the same realm as where the azathenai, tiste, jaghut etc come from. They are described as one of the four founding races, so presumably they were one of the first groups to cross over into Wu.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#3 User is offline   D'iversify 

• First Sword

Posted 23 July 2015 - 01:36 PM

They came from the Wretched Coast, I believe, which I, like many others, associated in our minds with the Wrecker's Coast in northern Assail (even if just because of the similar name). If not from Assail, frankly I have no idea, it's a big world and there are all sorts of places they could have been hiding. My guess is somewhere in unmapped Stratem or southern Shal Morzinn.

EDIT: There's an old thread from 4 years back on the matter of where the Assail in tCG came from: http://forum.malazan...371-fa-origins/

More questions than answers but some interesting speculations.

This post has been edited by D'iversify: 23 July 2015 - 01:40 PM

I am the Onyx Wizards

#4 User is offline   Stonehenge 

• Recruit

Posted 23 July 2015 - 02:43 PM

cool thank you

#5 User is offline   D'iver koala bear 

• Recruit

Posted 14 August 2015 - 12:25 PM

There's a lot of place we haven't seen yet like the cabol Islands were they worship Icarium and theirs Island off of genbackis that haven't been mentioned in the books

#6 User is offline   Mob 

• Corporal

Posted 09 January 2016 - 05:00 PM

Makes sense to me that there are pockets of Forkrul dotted around in numerous places. If Assail was the original homeland, they've basically ceded most of the continent to the other races - and seemingly did so long ago - with the exception of a high mountain peak. There can't be many Forkrul living up there. The rest must be scattered, living separate existences.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users