• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fallout 4 - Confirmed

#121 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 25 November 2015 - 07:03 PM

Christmas decorations have popped up in Diamond City!

#122 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 25 November 2015 - 07:24 PM

Any takers for a used copy of Fallout 4 for xbox one?
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#123 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 28 November 2015 - 07:29 PM

I just travelled to the Institute. This place is freaking me out. I just walked into the robotics division and saw how they make human synths. Holy shit. This place makes Skynet look like an amateur.

#124 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 28 November 2015 - 08:46 PM

View PostApt, on 28 November 2015 - 07:29 PM, said:

I just travelled to the Institute. This place is freaking me out. I just walked into the robotics division and saw how they make human synths. Holy shit. This place makes Skynet look like an amateur.

I've been there but never saw that. Time to have a looksie.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#125 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 28 November 2015 - 09:14 PM

It's actually a bit silly because at the speed at which they show them being made here, the institute could easily repopulate the world in less than a year.

#126 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 29 November 2015 - 04:55 PM

This freakish asshole has been standing inside one of my power armor frames for days now. He refuses to come out.

Posted Image

#127 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 29 November 2015 - 08:21 PM

View PostApt, on 29 November 2015 - 04:55 PM, said:

This freakish asshole has been standing inside one of my power armor frames for days now. He refuses to come out.

Posted Image

Yeeeeaaaahhh....

I'm afraid you're going to have to just pile some firewood and straw around him with perhaps some accelerant just for good measure and then light him up and kill it with fire!
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#128 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 01 December 2015 - 07:13 AM

I stumbled onto an X-01, finally. It was just standing around next to a crashed military plane. Now my collection is complete (I think). I've built a warehouse to house each and every one, hoisted onto individual frames. It feels like progress.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#129 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 01 December 2015 - 01:43 PM

I've considered gathering all my power armor frames in one place and making some kind of Iron Man type vault.

I wish there were more variation or uses for powerarmor, like Iron mans suits. perhaps an underwater suit that allows you to swim/propel yourself, see through the murk, maybe shoot water. A flying suit that gives you long lasting jet engines and rocket weapons. A radiation suit that lets you use radiation as a power source and had mounted plasma or gamma canons, etc.

A power armor DLC with tons of mods is something I would be very interested in.

I also wisg there were more giant creatures in the environment. I wish they'd leaned a bit more into the 1950s tropes of 50 foot Spiders or Iguanas, etc. Radiation could be used to handwave a lot of strange crap that could give the wasteland more flavor. Like man eating plants or spectres, etc.

#130 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 26 December 2015 - 05:46 PM

Finally got this, yay.

Spent the last bit of yesterday eve creating a female warrior-type for a change; and played for an hour or so after getting out into the wasteland.

I loved Fallout 3. And I'm already sucked straight back in.

Haven't played anything for a few months now but I think I'll find some time for this. Any tips for early perks?
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#131 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 26 December 2015 - 11:47 PM

I'm liking the inventory. Does the stuff you transfer into a workbench mean it's accessible from any workbench? Also can you convert any building you find with workbenches into a base just by adding structures and security and all that kind of stuff? Do you have one base, or keep several dotted around as you travel?
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#132 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 27 December 2015 - 12:06 AM

I'm playing this aswel. Not much time put into it yet but any perks that I should be aiming for?
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#133 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 27 December 2015 - 09:40 AM

I've started out with sneak and lockpicking - I don't like finding doors and safes that I can't unlock, and I rarely remember to go back for them.

I found the first power armor but I don't know how to repair it. And I've managed to lose the dog after about half an hour.

#134 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 27 December 2015 - 09:59 AM

I hace invested heavily in luck so far and bits of everything else. I've got loads of bottlecaps but don't know what they're for yet.

Traveller, in the red rocket, there is a yellow frame. Looks like a pneumatic trolley. If you click craft on that (I think) you can repair the armour with the y button on x box. I even upgraded the armour here.

My main problem is getting power for the suit. I've done most missions so far suit less.

If you have a different companion to the dog they can do tasks for you. Ie I am using Cait. I found her on a mission. She can unlock advanced safes. I know somewhere there's a guy who's a hacker. You just command them and point at the object.

#135 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 27 December 2015 - 12:06 PM

I already stumbled over a power unit for the suit in a sewer under concord before I found the suit itself. The controls and hud are all still a bit unfamiliar - I'm just a bit rusty I guess although I remembered how to remove duds and add tries on my first hack attempt.

That suit has a great weight to it; loved that first jump off the building.

#136 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 28 December 2015 - 08:38 AM

Managed a really good session yesterday. And another again in the evening. I cleared out a factory, which was rather more tricky than I anticipated as I couldn't really stealth kill, so I just used noisy guns. I do hate finding a safe key but not knowing where the damn safe is without going back to search every room though.

Damn but this game is good.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 28 December 2015 - 08:57 AM

#137 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 02 January 2016 - 08:39 AM

I finished FO4 yesterday and feel like I should tell you about how buggy and broken the ending was for me, it was quite impressive and also completely ruined any good will I had towards the story.

I'll put this in a big spoiler box just in case people don't want to know what happens in the end game.
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Apt: 02 January 2016 - 08:39 AM

#138 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 08 January 2016 - 08:23 AM

I'm not going to peek at that as I'm still getting on well with this. I usually prefer the first part of the game anyway, where you actually feel underpowered and vulnerable, compared to walking over everything later on.

I don't really like using fast travel in these games but it feels like I'm being forced to in some circumstances with this one.

Right now I've trekked all the way to a new settlement, but I can't use the workstation until I complete a building clearance, and my inventory is now full. I guess I can just leave all my junk on the ground at the settlement - but will it be there when I get back?

I managed to kill a behemoth on my way there (i cheated and hid inside a cabin, shooting him through the holes in the walls while he stalked outside) and picked up a lovely sniper rifle, which I can't wait to upgrade.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 08 January 2016 - 08:25 AM

#139 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 08 January 2016 - 09:10 AM

View PostTraveller, on 08 January 2016 - 08:23 AM, said:

I'm not going to peek at that as I'm still getting on well with this. I usually prefer the first part of the game anyway, where you actually feel underpowered and vulnerable, compared to walking over everything later on.

I don't really like using fast travel in these games but it feels like I'm being forced to in some circumstances with this one.

Right now I've trekked all the way to a new settlement, but I can't use the workstation until I complete a building clearance, and my inventory is now full. I guess I can just leave all my junk on the ground at the settlement - but will it be there when I get back?

I managed to kill a behemoth on my way there (i cheated and hid inside a cabin, shooting him through the holes in the walls while he stalked outside) and picked up a lovely sniper rifle, which I can't wait to upgrade.

I usually dump all my junk in the Sanctuary work station or weapon upgrading station. I've built at least four houses with defenses outside them like Turrets and guard posts. The Sanctuary has lots of water pumps, water purifier, generators galore, artillery, a radio beacon to attract new people etc.

Its where I send any companion when I give them a rest. Where I upgrade me armour, grow food, and upgrade my weapons.

I have just discovered a sniper rifle with attack power well over eighty with night vision and high accuracy which I love. A shotgun that can fire multiple rounds instead of just the two. A plasma gun. A flamethrower. Yet my best weapon is a hunting rifle I picked up somewhere. It's got a lot of mods on but in V.A.T.S it's a one shot kill. It's awesome. Heads blown off.

I don't like George Clooney's character. I am sticking with the Minutemen in this one I reckon. I like rescuing people AND they call me General :(

#140 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 08 January 2016 - 09:26 AM

Another settlement needs our help, General.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

5 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users