• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Advent calendar 2015

#1 User is offline   Egwene 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:26 AM

Calling all Artists...

I know it's a bit early to be thinking Christmas but Rome wasn't build in a day (or so they say... who knows...) and neither are those amazing images that you create. So I though we start on this early.

Inspired by Corporal Nobb's amazing seasonal greetings from the past, the idea is to create a virtual Malazan advent calendar with a new Malazan seasonal image posted on the front page of the Wiki every day of Advent.

To make it a surprise, instead of images being nominated, all participating artists will send their images privately to myself and maybe one or two others (in case I am off-line for a day) and we'll unveil one on each day of Advent on the front page of the Wiki.

We need a minimum of 24 images to make this happen. I'll roll the dice to determine which image will be on which day but will ask a few people from 'my real world' to help me choose one to be the final one, which will then stay on there for the remainder of the Christmas days. Then, after Christmas we'll have a slideshow of all images until the decorations have to come down on the sixth of January.

Images which do not have a seasonal twist will be inserted into the relevant pages on the Wiki afterwards. Seasonal ones will be put up again with the decorations next year :)

Are you in?

PS: it does not have to be a painted/drawn image. Could be picture of a sculpture or a script or whatever. Something creative with a Malazan theme is the quest. Any character, any scene from either SE or ICE Malazan books :)

List of confirmed Participants:

Corporal Nobbs (aka Luktarig on DA)
Dolmen 2.0 (aka Shadaan on DA)
johntocaelpiano
Grimhilde (aka Grimhilde/Tattersail on DA)
Smiles (aka Seraph777 on DA)
Yapattack
osmus aka Mister Adam (DA)
Artsed (DA)
dejan-delic (DA)
paradanmellow
Genesischant (DA) - maybe
Onrack (aka Slaine69 on DA)
Toraneko
Puck
Owlgrim
Wolfsong

This post has been edited by Egwene: 30 November 2015 - 03:04 PM

#2 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:06 PM

Oh you mean GRAPHIC artists. I suppose my interpretive dance skills will go to waste yet another holiday season.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#3 User is offline   Dadding 

• Shaved Knuckle in the Hole

Posted 01 May 2015 - 02:47 AM

Those usually have chocolate right? This just in: Egwene offers the entire forum free chocolate!

This is a perfect time to show off my own artistic talent: Anomander Claus, festive and sexy.
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Egwene 

• Emperor

Posted 01 May 2015 - 09:09 AM

@Worry - well, no, if you want to put together a Malazan themed festive dance routine... we would all look forward to finding that behind a window!!! :)

@Dadding - Chocolates do not survive long enough in this house to make it much past the front door, never mind survive from one end of December to the other - last time that happened was when my mum used to hide the calendar away in-between! Love Rake, but don't forget any contribution for this calendar has to be kept secret so he is officially disqualified. Sorry Anomander :)

#5 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 01 May 2015 - 01:28 PM

Sounds fun. Maybe We can get the MAG group at DA to get involved aswell.

As with the calender project we found it worked best to have characters allocated, i.e. CN gets Lady Envy, Dolmen gets Lady Spite etc. etc.

That way you could avoid duplicates and every character gets some festive love.

Perhaps you can list the forumites involved in the OP and get the character those on the list want to try listed besides their name?

This post has been edited by Dolmen 2.0: 01 May 2015 - 01:31 PM

“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#6 User is offline   Egwene 

• Emperor

Posted 01 May 2015 - 06:39 PM

View PostDolmen 2.0, on 01 May 2015 - 01:28 PM, said:

Sounds fun. Maybe We can get the MAG group at DA to get involved aswell.

As with the calender project we found it worked best to have characters allocated, i.e. CN gets Lady Envy, Dolmen gets Lady Spite etc. etc.

That way you could avoid duplicates and every character gets some festive love.

Perhaps you can list the forumites involved in the OP and get the character those on the list want to try listed besides their name?

Great ideas, Dolmen. Maybe people could register their interest in this thread, but let me know by PM whom they would like to depict, then it would be a bit more of a surprise. As there are so many different styles represented here, would it really matter if several people where doing the same character/scene? If so, then I would suggest that whoever asks for a character first, gets their choice.

As you suggest, I'll add the names of participants to the OP. :)

#7 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:25 PM

You could put a cap on how many times a character can be depicted. Like, nobody needs Rakes ten time, but due to the different styles people use, two times could be fine?

Also, I'm not entirely sure if I'm up for this, because I freaking hate everything about Christmas.. So, do the images have to have some kind of festive thing to them?
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#8 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:46 PM

View PostPuck, on 01 May 2015 - 08:25 PM, said:

You could put a cap on how many times a character can be depicted. Like, nobody needs Rakes ten time, but due to the different styles people use, two times could be fine?

Also, I'm not entirely sure if I'm up for this, because I freaking hate everything about Christmas.. So, do the images have to have some kind of festive thing to them?

You could always draw some sappers blowing up Santa (or decorating a tree with cussers)!

#9 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 01 May 2015 - 09:29 PM

..which would still be Christmas references. Just to make it clear, I don't hate Christmas in the funny haha kind of way where it's satisfying to see it made fun of. I'm doing my utmost best to ignore it out of existence alltogether. So, while I like the idea of everyone throwing in togetehr to make something, the occasion makes me backpeddal, hard. One could say I'm torn on the issue.
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#10 User is offline   Corporal Nobbs 

• First Sword

Posted 03 May 2015 - 12:03 PM

I'm in
Rejoice. For very bad things are about to happen

#11 User is offline   Egwene 

• Emperor

Posted 03 May 2015 - 06:32 PM

Fantastic, CN :)

Dolmen, do I take it from your post that I can add you as well to the confirmed participants?

#12 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 04 May 2015 - 04:06 AM

yep, I'm in.
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#13 User is offline   johntocaelpiano 

• Recruit

Posted 20 May 2015 - 03:54 PM

Hi everyone! I just joined (shortly after joining the Malazan wiki). I'd love to be a part of this shindig. I think an advent calendar is totally cool!

#14 User is offline   Egwene 

• Emperor

Posted 20 May 2015 - 06:51 PM

View Postjohntocaelpiano, on 20 May 2015 - 03:54 PM, said:

Hi everyone! I just joined (shortly after joining the Malazan wiki). I'd love to be a part of this shindig. I think an advent calendar is totally cool!

Good to see you found your way here, john. I have added your name to the list of confirmed participants :headbang:

A lot of the artists whose images you will have seen on the Wiki post here. Take a look around - there is some amazing stuff to be seen!

#15 User is offline   Grimjust Bearegular 

• Irregular Bacon Berserker Medic of the Abyssmal Army
  • View gallery
  • Interests:MAFIA, drawing and writing.
  • Godless killing machine - and proud of it!

Also, braaaaiiiinnnnzzzzzzzz!

Posted 07 July 2015 - 08:04 AM

I'm down like a clown!

Also, I'll put up a post about it on our group on deviantart :ermm:
Things and stuffs...and other important objects.

#16 User is offline   Egwene 

• Emperor

Posted 07 July 2015 - 09:27 AM

View PostGrimjust Bearegular, on 07 July 2015 - 08:04 AM, said:

I'm down like a clown!

Great to have you on board, Grimhilde ;)

How about, in addition to solo entries, another(as many as you like) collaboration(s) with Dolmen and/or CN????!!!! The 'Trygalle' one, 'Hitting the fan'... you guys should do more of those totally epic scenes :)

#17 User is offline   Grimjust Bearegular 

• Irregular Bacon Berserker Medic of the Abyssmal Army
  • View gallery
  • Interests:MAFIA, drawing and writing.
  • Godless killing machine - and proud of it!

Also, braaaaiiiinnnnzzzzzzzz!

Posted 09 July 2015 - 08:34 AM

View PostEgwene, on 07 July 2015 - 09:27 AM, said:

I'm down like a clown!

Great to have you on board, Grimhilde :)

How about, in addition to solo entries, another(as many as you like) collaboration(s) with Dolmen and/or CN????!!!! The 'Trygalle' one, 'Hitting the fan'... you guys should do more of those totally epic scenes ;)

ooh, another collaboration would be awesome! I would like to do something with dragons, maybe that scene with QB and the dragons in Lether, or maybe something with the Shake. I seem to remember me and Dolmen working on a Draconus-related thing as well...
Things and stuffs...and other important objects.

#18 User is offline   Egwene 

• Emperor

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:36 AM

Just a quick update on the project...

Nine artists have confirmed their participation so far and a couple more are in the nearly signing up stages! If you know others who should be on that list, now is the time to let them know.

It's promising to be pretty amazing - the latest image suggested... well, the word epic comes to mind.

Don't want to wish my life away but I can't wait!!! :p

Edit: that's 10 now confirmed ;)

This post has been edited by Egwene: 21 July 2015 - 11:20 AM

#19 User is offline   Egwene 

• Emperor

Posted 24 July 2015 - 10:40 AM

View PostPuckstein, on 01 May 2015 - 09:29 PM, said:

..which would still be Christmas references. Just to make it clear, I don't hate Christmas in the funny haha kind of way where it's satisfying to see it made fun of. I'm doing my utmost best to ignore it out of existence alltogether. So, while I like the idea of everyone throwing in togetehr to make something, the occasion makes me backpeddal, hard. One could say I'm torn on the issue.

I thought I'd give it some time for you to become accustomed to the idea...

Will you be taking part in the project? Ultimately, it's only lots of people taking a look at the front page of the Wiki to see the latest Malazan Image unveiled.

How about... your image is totally Malazan with no hint of gold green and red in the colours (so Rhulad for example you'd only be able to do in silhouette) and you are guaranteed the first slot - as far away from that event, which shall remain nameless in this post, as possible?!

*Egwene goes off to find a flower... Puck will say yes... Puck will say no... Puck will say yes... Puck will say no... Puck will...*

#20 User is offline   paradanmellow 

• Unaligned Card
  • Interests:art, psychology, potatoes
  • walking the shores of lake Azur

Posted 12 August 2015 - 10:29 AM

I'm down like a clown!

Also, I'll put up a post about it on our group on deviantart ;)

I'll roll in the mud as well!

@Egwene so the whole thing consists of Christmas related Malazan art, right?

This post has been edited by paradanmellow: 12 August 2015 - 10:42 AM

There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users