BATMAN VS SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Trailer

#21 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 21 April 2015 - 07:50 AM

Holy edits Batman!

http://www.news.com....w-1227313888501

This post has been edited by Sombra: 21 April 2015 - 07:52 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#22 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 02 July 2015 - 03:53 PM

Hey, Roided Out Frank Miller Batman...go away, no one likes you.

Attached File  1322989033912485956.jpg (63.78K)
Number of downloads: 1

Chris Nolan utterly NAILED the look of Batman how he should be, and mingled that with Functionality FIRST, and everything else after. It also didn't require Batman to look like his muscles were about to spasm and burst in a macabre display of noodley spaghetti muscle explosion. I mean jeezus.

Though WW looks good here, costume and look-wise.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#23 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 17 July 2015 - 03:49 PM

This is what we call attention to damned DETAIL!

http://9gag.com/gag/...side-comparison

Awesomely done.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#24 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 01 December 2015 - 11:24 AM

New teaser.

Superman unmasking the Bat? With a bunch of kneeling human minions?

Must be some sort of dream/alternate future.

http://www.news.com....bf014d0b34281e5
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#25 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 01 December 2015 - 11:53 AM

View PostTsundoku, on 01 December 2015 - 11:24 AM, said:

New teaser.

My money is on dream sequence for it. From Bruce's POV as well, since he will be the one thinking that Supes is some kind of Dissent misbehaving god.

#26 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 01 December 2015 - 12:32 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 01 December 2015 - 11:53 AM, said:

New teaser.

My money is on dream sequence for it. From Bruce's POV as well, since he will be the one thinking that Supes is some kind of Dissent misbehaving god.

I really, truly, sincerely hope that this isn't going to be yet another IDIOTIC FUCKING PATHETIC cliché about Superman turning evil and Batman has to save the world from the evil superpowered alien on a rampage.

If it is, then you, Zack Snyder, you are dead to me!
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#27 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 01 December 2015 - 02:14 PM

View PostPrimateus, on 01 December 2015 - 12:32 PM, said:

New teaser.

I really, truly, sincerely hope that this isn't going to be yet another IDIOTIC FUCKING PATHETIC cliché about Superman turning evil and Batman has to save the world from the evil superpowered alien on a rampage.

Nothing in the trailers other than this sequence speaks to anything about Superman turning evil...and we even get keys to Bruce having gone off the deep end with the police and even Alfred telling him that he's become cruel, and that Superman is not his enemy.

Mark my words, that clip is a dream sequence.

#28 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 01 December 2015 - 03:32 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 01 December 2015 - 02:14 PM, said:

View PostPrimateus, on 01 December 2015 - 12:32 PM, said:

New teaser.

Nothing in the trailers other than this sequence speaks to anything about Superman turning evil...and we even get keys to Bruce having gone off the deep end with the police and even Alfred telling him that he's become cruel, and that Superman is not his enemy.

Mark my words, that clip is a dream sequence.

if it's a dream sequence you're absolutely right, it says nothing of Superman's nature. But from what we see, prisoners are chained up, including bats. There are the stereotypical jackbooted thugs standing guard and they kneel before Superman who looks very angry and very evil. So yeah, it does speak to that.

#29 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 01 December 2015 - 03:50 PM

And from what I've heard the Batman with the goggles and overcoat is called "Knightmare Batman"....so that would lend it credence as well.

It's weird to showcase a clip featuring a dream sequence like that to sell the movie though.

#30 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 01 December 2015 - 10:17 PM

It'd be funny if it wasn't in the movie at all, but filmed specifically as a literal teaser. Dumb, but funny.

But yah, the movie is clearly largely about how the world "deals" with the presence of Superman, so this is just a reflection of that theme from Batman's POV. I assume Batman has his own guilt complex about something. From what I've gathered the comics have tackled the chicken-egg issue of Batman and the Rogue's Gallery, right? So he has that, and now he sees a near-invincible entity enter the equation, and he extrapolates what that means for the world from what he himself means to Gotham. In a way, it's not unlike Malazan convergence logic. It's also kind of funny because Days of Future Past and Civil War both tackle the same issue more or less. I suppose the comic book movie cycle has just hit that point where the issue naturally comes up.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#31 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe

Posted 03 December 2015 - 09:15 AM

Holy shit! This film just jumped up on the excitement rating... big bad reveal...

Spoiler

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#32 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 December 2015 - 09:58 AM

This isn't a knock on your post or your excitement, but that was, frankly, the worst kind of all-cards-face-up trailer and I wish I hadn't seen it. Talk about giving the whole thing away.

#33 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe

Posted 03 December 2015 - 10:27 AM

View Postworry, on 03 December 2015 - 09:58 AM, said:

This isn't a knock on your post or your excitement, but that was, frankly, the worst kind of all-cards-face-up trailer and I wish I hadn't seen it. Talk about giving the whole thing away.

It's funny as I normally rant at trailers that give too much away - the new Terminator for example - but before this, I wasn't overly fussed about watching the film, now I am looking forward to it...

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#34 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 03 December 2015 - 11:45 AM

View Postchamp, on 03 December 2015 - 09:15 AM, said:

Spoiler

Awesome? Yes. But already? No, it's too soon if you ask me. Would be better in a movie with Superman alone I think.

#35 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 03 December 2015 - 12:18 PM

View Postworry, on 03 December 2015 - 09:58 AM, said:

Howso? The first 3/4 of that trailer show things we knew already. Bruce skeptical and then mad at Superman and wanting to take him out. We knew Lex was involved in something decidely shady. We knew Bats and Superman would fight. Then, since we know that Superman and Batman eventually form the Justice League that this movie would not close with them fighting. I had know form the start that the trinity would be fighting something else in the final act. Most people had kind of guessed it would be Doomsday, since he's the kind of unstoppable thing that would take three heroes to fight. There is really not much reveal here that we didn't already know, and the stuff we didn't know was pretty obiously going to be present.

I loved the trailer. As excited as I was for the movie til now, my excitement is ramped to 15!

Also,

Supes: "Is she with you?"

Bats: "I thought she was with you."

#36 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 03 December 2015 - 12:21 PM

I gotta agree with Worry on this, there's a disturbingly growing trend, I think, in Hollywood with showing way, way, WAY too much in the trailers.

#37 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 03 December 2015 - 12:26 PM

View PostPrimateus, on 03 December 2015 - 12:21 PM, said:

I gotta agree with Worry on this, there's a disturbingly growing trend, I think, in Hollywood with showing way, way, WAY too much in the trailers.

But seriously what did they show us here we hadn't seen before?

Doomsday. That's it. And aside from the conversation between Bruce and Clark and a few Lex shots, the rest of the Superman VS Batman action was from the previus trailers. The only new action is the Doomsday reveal and the subsequent gearing up moment. It's seconds from an agrubaly 2 1/2 hour movie.

Case in point: People thought the MoS trailers showed too much...meanwhile the majority of the good stuff was not seen until you saw the movie.

#38 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 03 December 2015 - 12:40 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 03 December 2015 - 12:26 PM, said:

Doomsday. That's it. And aside from the conversation between Bruce and Clark and a few Lex shots, the rest of the Superman VS Batman action was from the previus trailers. The only new action is the Doomsday reveal and the subsequent gearing up moment. It's seconds from an agrubaly 2 1/2 hour movie.

Case in point: People thought the MoS trailers showed too much...meanwhile the majority of the good stuff was not seen until you saw the movie.

Exactly, my point is that even before this trailer they had already shown a bit too much. Not to mention, revealing who the villain is? Why not just leave it at Luthor and then have Doomsday come as a surprise?

#39 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 03 December 2015 - 02:20 PM

View PostPrimateus, on 03 December 2015 - 12:40 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 03 December 2015 - 12:26 PM, said:

Exactly, my point is that even before this trailer they had already shown a bit too much. Not to mention, revealing who the villain is? Why not just leave it at Luthor and then have Doomsday come as a surprise?

Becuase hordes of fans have been screaming at Snyder and WB to reveal who the final villain would be. It's been this continuous stream of the same people who bitched at JJ for trying to hide Khan behind John Harrison, when they KNEW he was Khan...going "Tell us who the villain is that Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman would fight in the last act!"....so they told us. No one would think that Lex Luthor (a young Lex Luthor) would be able to fight Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman in a movie that is largely about Superman and Batman slashing it out...we KNEW that a bigger, more powerful villain was on its way. Lex is rarely a fighter. He's much more mastermind behind SENDING a fighter out there. The only time he's battled the superheroes himself was when he wore his green super suit, and that was a one or two time occurrence in the comics.

I don't think there is anything wrong with that. They showed us shots of the final Zod fight in the MoS trailers...and that didn't remotely spoil the movie for me.

Now I'm with you about spoiling TOO much in most recent trailers (Age of Ultron did that for me)...but I can't lay that accusation at BvS's feet.

This was a great trailer to ramp up excitement not only for this movie, but the JL movies.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 03 December 2015 - 02:23 PM

#40 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 04 December 2015 - 02:51 AM

What you know and what "we" know are occasionally different, QT. You're a movie news hound! But I'm not just talking about the big bad reveal though. I don't watch movies to see how they wrap up everything I saw in the trailer during the last 1/4 of the movie. I have zero faith that there's plenty left unseen.

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users