Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

L'oric Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   BellaGrace 

• Witness
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 February 2015 - 04:30 PM

Here's a minor thing that kind of bugged me...

In SW Leoman knew that L'oric was Tiste Liosian...

However, in 7C L'oric was disguising himself as human (I specifically remember a part of the book talking about how he was able to change his appearance just like Rake could - and he went on to think about how Rake had appeared human for 200 years while he served as a bodyguard to a king).

So...I can understand how Leoman would probably recognize L'oric if he saw him in Tiste Liosian form - but it makes no sense to me how he would have been worried about meeting L'oric once he was captured by the TL army. He wouldn't have any reason to even suspect that L'oric was TL.

Thoughts? Did I miss something or forget something?
I, a universe of atoms, an atom in the universe.
Richard P. Feynman

#2 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 11 February 2015 - 07:23 PM

IT may not have been explicitly stated, but could be hand-waved away if you consider that Leoman had been in the company of the Queen of Dreams since Y'Ghatan and she could have easily explained who L'oric was.
Theorizing that one could poop within his own lifetime, Doctor Poopet led an elite group of scientists into the desert to develop a top secret project, known as QUANTUM POOP. Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, Doctor Poopet, prematurely stepped into the Poop Accelerator and vanished. He awoke to find himself in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own. Fortunately, contact with his own bowels was made through brainwave transmissions, with Al the Poop Observer, who appeared in the form of a hologram that only Doctor Poopet could see and hear. Trapped in the past, Doctor Poopet finds himself pooping from life to life, pooping things right, that once went wrong and hoping each time, that his next poop will be the poop home.

#3 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:52 AM

Spoilsport Stonny, on 11 February 2015 - 07:23 PM, said:

IT may not have been explicitly stated, but could be hand-waved away if you consider that Leoman had been in the company of the Queen of Dreams since Y'Ghatan and she could have easily explained who L'oric was.

Probably the most likely explanation

#4 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 12 February 2015 - 03:24 AM

"Alas, poor L'oric! I knew him..." -- Leoman
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#5 User is offline   theocean 

• High Fist

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:34 PM

How disguised was he, i thought he still had the traits who anyone with knowledge of what a TL was, could know what he was. I just didnt think people knew what a Tiste L was

#6 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:12 PM

L'oric was disguising himself in HoC - the QoD mentions that he hides his Liosan blood well - but in the company of other Liosan and not trying to maintain the guise, i'm guessing it's obvious.

We didn't need to see Leoman's 'oh, duh' moment... he probably suspected something was off about Loric as with every other High Mage in the Whirlwind.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#7 User is offline   BellaGrace 

• Witness

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:46 PM

all good and reasonable explanations. :p thanks
I, a universe of atoms, an atom in the universe.
Richard P. Feynman

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users