• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tad Williams Williams Tad

#61 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 02 April 2022 - 01:34 PM

In news that should surprise absolutely no one….Last King Of Osten Ard has been split into 4 volumes instead of 3.

Tad always does this so I actually expected it.

3rd book out this July.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#62 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 13 July 2022 - 12:36 PM

My re-read of EMPIRE OF GRASS (in prep for INTO THE NARROWDARK) is going swimmingly. And since I never commented on it here while I read it the first time, I'll note a few things here.

This book 100% solidifies that this series is better than MS&T and possibly the finest thing Tad has written.

The plot strands from WITCHWOOD stretch out here and breathe, and the characters come even more alive than they did. The beginning of learning more about the Garden and the Gardenborn is completely engrossing, and now that we know that:

Spoiler

I'll chime in more as I go. I'm only about 200 pages in so far. I'm taking my time and if I can push it to two weeks I will line up BotW (which I've never read) as a stormking/Hakatri refresher as my next cottage read before heading into INTO THE NARROWDARK.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#63 User is offline   T77 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 13 July 2022 - 01:10 PM

Just downloaded ItN audiobook from my library last night. Thought about a reread of the first two books, but decided against it. I want to dive in, but I want to finish my current read first.

You will love BotW! It was my favorite book last year.

#64 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 13 July 2022 - 01:21 PM

View PostT77, on 13 July 2022 - 01:10 PM, said:

Just downloaded ItN audiobook from my library last night. Thought about a reread of the first two books, but decided against it. I want to dive in, but I want to finish my current read first.

Yeah, and you'll be great too since Tad puts those helpful "The story so far" for each previous book at the beginning!

You will love BotW! It was my favorite book last year.

Oh good to know! I'm excited to read it.

#65 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 13 July 2022 - 03:41 PM

I'd quite like to read Otherland again. I read it a few times back when I was around 20 years old or so and really enjoyed them.

However my tastes and what I look for in a book have changed a lot since then and I wonder if I'd still like them. Especially as a few years ago I read the Memory Sorrow Thorn series and more or less hated most of it.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#66 User is offline   T77 

• High Fist

Posted 13 July 2022 - 06:35 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 13 July 2022 - 01:21 PM, said:

Yeah, and you'll be great too since Tad puts those helpful "The story so far" for each previous book at the beginning!

One of the reasons why I didn't do a reread.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users