Malazan Empire: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread - Malazan Empire

• 54 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread Awww yissssss!

#281 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 18 September 2018 - 02:15 PM

The only problem I have with this is timeline stuff.

It's obviously pre avengers therefore surely they should have been more aware of the Kree etc and prepped for aggressive aliens than they were.

#282 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 18 September 2018 - 02:16 PM

But since we all know the timeline is not important (can we trademark that) it looks like a solid marvel flick and Bree Larson is excellenté

#283 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 18 September 2018 - 02:41 PM

View PostMacros, on 18 September 2018 - 02:15 PM, said:

The only problem I have with this is timeline stuff.

It's obviously pre avengers therefore surely they should have been more aware of the Kree etc and prepped for aggressive aliens than they were.

The Kree specifically have never attacked earth though, in the MCU.

In this it looks like the Skrulls (who we've never seen before in continuity in any film and are Kree enemies) are attacking, and other than that the only aliens that have attacked earth have been minions of Thanos in AVENGERS (The Chitauri). They've known about other alien races. In fact it seems like Cap Marvel is the reason why the Kree were never a threat to earth powers because she was trained as one of them, on a team with many others. It's also why the attack on Xandar in GOTG is so surprising, as Ronan, though Kree is going off-book and breaking peace with the Xandarians to serve Thanos. The rest of the Kree had a treaty with Xandar I believe.

If you just mean the "knowledge of hostile aliens" should have prepared them more for what happened with the Chitauri in AVENGERS? I mean that's why Fury starts to assemble the Avengers to begin with in IRON MAN, because he knows that a threat is coming that will need many people with super powers to deal with.

The Avengers assembling was the preparation. If that makes sense?
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#284 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 18 September 2018 - 03:10 PM

Will the MCU finish with the next Infinity War? There may be spin offs but what about the main arc?
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#285 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 18 September 2018 - 03:35 PM

Eh, I get your angle QT, but someone as clearly powerful as Marvel (leagues above the super soldier Cap) it just seems off kilter that the avengers are such a big deal, when it seems they've already had a complete super power bombing about in the 90s

#286 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 18 September 2018 - 03:48 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 18 September 2018 - 03:10 PM, said:

Will the MCU finish with the next Infinity War? There may be spin offs but what about the main arc?

As far as I know it simply moves into the next multi-Phase arc with the more recent Avengers on the roster and the old ones retired or gone, Spider-man, Ant-Man, Possibly with Falcon as the new Cap after Steve dies/is retired and such, with Black Panther leading them. You also have the Fox deal on the cards, which will bring the Fantastic Four to the MCU proper (and the X-Men, but I think they'll leave them alone a long while)...and thus allow for Doctor Doom to be the next multi-phased big bad like Thanos.

View PostMacros, on 18 September 2018 - 03:35 PM, said:

Eh, I get your angle QT, but someone as clearly powerful as Marvel (leagues above the super soldier Cap) it just seems off kilter that the avengers are such a big deal, when it seems they've already had a complete super power bombing about in the 90s

Yeah, I can certainly see that POV. We'll see how they handle that in the film I hope.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#287 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 18 September 2018 - 03:50 PM

View PostBriar King, on 18 September 2018 - 03:49 PM, said:

Coulson!

Young Coulson!

#288 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• My pen halts, though I do not
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 18 September 2018 - 05:41 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 18 September 2018 - 01:32 PM, said:

The intercut shots of her standing up at different points of her life after being knocked down...inject that shit into my veins!

Yeah, that got me little misty-eyed, I must confess.

Trailer does a good job of whetting the appetite without really revealing any concrete plot details.
"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"
―Gene Wolfe, The Citadel of the Autarch

#289 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 18 September 2018 - 05:45 PM

View PostSalt-Man Z, on 18 September 2018 - 05:41 PM, said:

Trailer does a good job of whetting the appetite without really revealing any concrete plot details.

For sure. Very "teaser-y" indeed!

#290 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 18 September 2018 - 06:06 PM

Ha! If you key up the brightness in the poster they released, you can see Carol's 'cat' Chewie in the shadows by the hangar door! Amazing.

And now the inevitable meeting of Chewie and Rocket can happen JUST like in the comics.

Spoiled for size

Spoiler

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 18 September 2018 - 06:20 PM

#291 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 18 September 2018 - 07:43 PM

That Captain Marvel trailer.....

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#292 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 18 September 2018 - 09:15 PM

This looks like it's gonna rule.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#293 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 05 October 2018 - 09:34 PM

I just watched Infinity War. What does the Easter Egg at the end mean? What's the signal Nick Fury sends? I'm feeling exposed as a faux geek.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#294 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 05 October 2018 - 09:41 PM

I didn't get it either, but it's the symbol for Captain Marvel.

#295 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 05 October 2018 - 09:50 PM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 05 October 2018 - 09:34 PM, said:

I just watched Infinity War. What does the Easter Egg at the end mean? What's the signal Nick Fury sends? I'm feeling exposed as a faux geek.

It's okay, my friend who I saw it with had to explain to me that it was for Captain Marvel (note he did so after having a damn good laugh at my blank expression!)
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#296 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

Posted 05 October 2018 - 09:55 PM

OK. Thanks.

Next question.

Who's Captain Marvel?

I'm assuming he's awesome and will somehow stop all them folks being dead. He sounds a lot like Captain America to me. I feel like Clint still has a part to play.

#297 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 05 October 2018 - 10:04 PM

Captain Marvel is the Brie Larsen character entering the fray as the next-standalone movie and who will likely, re: that easter egg, have a big role to play in Infinity War 2.

#298 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

Posted 05 October 2018 - 10:05 PM

I read up thread. The new Cap is a LADY! Oh lordy. It's almost like Marvel got freaked by the success of Wonder Woman and realised they needed some more vaginas in the team... Still, Clint's going to seal the victory. When the world needs a hero it's not thinking of Steve or Bruce or Carol. It's thinking CLINT.

I hope Captain Marvel does us ladies a solid and decides against bringing back Gwyneth Paltrow. I want Tony to be happy but not with a dame who sits on a steamer.

#299 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

Posted 05 October 2018 - 10:18 PM

I liked the film though. Particularly Hulks performance anxiety and "I am Steve Rogers". Sad Thor does not equal hot Thor so I can take it or leave it. It's no Ragnarok.

#300 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 17 October 2018 - 01:08 PM

Finally saw ANT-MAN & THE WASP.

Solid film, but nothing extraordinary. Hope and Janet's story utterly makes that movie what it is though. The Ghost/Goliath stuff is fine. The concept of Scott being out of the house when he's not allowed and steering clear of the FBI is fine. The action scenes are cool. Overall I feel like without the Hope Wasp story...it would be not as good as the first film. With them, it's definitely solid.

Share this topic:

• 54 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

6 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users