#341 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:07 PM

Just responding to you. I've already put out other better thought
out accusations (the latest comment on shin keeps me satisfied where my vote lies). Really, I feel like you are asking me questions people should be asking you.

And speaking of questions, are you ever going to respond to mine or is this dissembling an avoidance technique, or are you distracting from Shin?
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#342 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:15 PM

View PostA Demon Llama!, on 02 October 2014 - 07:00 PM, said:

Unfound: The nether regions comment was a joke regarding Minecraft. I suppose I directed my comments at Mess and GH just because I feel like I know them more and cant really make the same claim to everyone else. I guess HO but he hasnt been playing MC recently.

This post from the Minecraft thread provides context for ADLs comment about Gust and nether regions:

View PostMessremb, on 30 September 2014 - 11:55 AM, said:

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 30 September 2014 - 11:50 AM, said:

Did that nether link to the spawn ever start working properly? The last times I used it it kept spitting me out in an underground ravine near the village.

It was a little intermittent, never did sit down and figure out where one portal needed to be moved to. That ravine is a graveyard of broken portals now. Gusts high portal in the nether screwed with my home portal which meant I pretty much stopped going into the nether as I didn't want to have to run back from his every time I tried to come out.

I'll be on in maybe 8 or 9 hours if anyone else is around

Who else should have understood without needing to engage their brain? HO & Obdi. Maybe Khell; do I recall you having been on server at some point in the distant past Khell?

And yes I know I said no more till tomorrow however my other half is in the shower so I have a few minutes. Also didn't realise Day times out at about 6am here so I won't be around for that.

Explains that he saw me post first (which I did have one first post, it was 12 and the thread was unlocked, I figured it was game on). But also says that he posted 2 twice. If the first one got deleted why post again? I scratched my head and waited for a message from Venge at that point, which came in the form of a "Fucking hold your damn horses" on thread.

The second post was something mildly bemused at Venge putting thread up, open, and being irked at people posting in it. I suggested he lock the thread.

Mess then comes right back with a vote on ADL that later gets rescinded. An acknowledgement combined with some distancing?

ISWYM however I was endeavouring to point out to ADL, being new and all, how low his post count was to be commenting on low posting scum.

But then yet another answer from Mess to and ADL comment.

In IP.Board white text is tricky to spot. I spotted it. I also voted based on the chance ADL was signalling Obdi with it. No one else was interested however.

Which ADL follows very quickly with a hammer on IB.

Hammer always gets some flak it they end Day too soon, I knew ADL was about and was wiling to let him deal with it as he felt. We seemed to be agreed on IB anyway.

For the time being. The biggest flaw I see with this is Mess jumping around so much in his voting.

The biggest flaw you see is me jumping around in my voting? Gee whiz kiddo, that normally gets an accusation of a symp thrown at you. Look below my avatar. See that text there? You know why I throw votes around on Day 1? Looking for a reaction/lack of reaction. Try it sometime.

I'm here for maybe 5-15min more before I start drawing up a list of DIY to do tomorrow. Votes as stands Gust 1 Shin 1 Me 1. Of the three I'm not self-voting so between Gust and Shin I'd vote Shin based on low participation.
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#343 User is offline   The Unfound 

• Recruit

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:23 PM

View PostMessremb, on 02 October 2014 - 08:15 PM, said:

The biggest flaw you see is me jumping around in my voting? Gee whiz kiddo, that normally gets an accusation of a symp thrown at you. Look below my avatar. See that text there? You know why I throw votes around on Day 1? Looking for a reaction/lack of reaction. Try it sometime.

I'm here for maybe 5-15min more before I start drawing up a list of DIY to do tomorrow. Votes as stands Gust 1 Shin 1 Me 1. Of the three I'm not self-voting so between Gust and Shin I'd vote Shin based on low participation.

All very logical and reasonable answers Posted Image But I called the vote jumping a flaw because I was trying to see you as the killer not the symp.
That psychotic black dwarf with an afro?

#344 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:38 PM

Okay I'm out for the night.

Vote Shinrei
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#345 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:55 PM

Receiving a little heat on thread, and responding by voting the low poster?

That's not scummy at all, oh no. :rant:

Most of the cases on thread are based on weak connections and speculation, although I have to say that Obdi is right in that Gusty is making fairly strong claims as to understanding the play of certain players. Gusty has gone out of his way to makeup the behavior or others and make that central to his finger-pointing. That's the most outright suspicious of anything, so for now that's probably where I'd put my vote.
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#346 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 02 October 2014 - 10:13 PM

I still remember te days when you thought modkilling low posters or banning them were reasonable concepts Shin.
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#347 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 02 October 2014 - 11:23 PM

Never if they provide content when they post. I would never suggest banning Tapper, because when he shows up, he has clearly read the thread and actually commenta on what happens. The serial checkinners and the people who ask for others to summarize are useless weight. Think old-style HO. :rant:
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#348 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 02 October 2014 - 11:25 PM

View PostShinrei, on 02 October 2014 - 11:23 PM, said:

Think old-style HO. :rant:

Last week? Hard to remember that far back.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#349 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 02 October 2014 - 11:27 PM

Okay, RL took way longer than I thought. Sorry. I'm here now, gimme a couple of hours to get some thoughts together.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#350 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 02 October 2014 - 11:39 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 02 October 2014 - 11:27 PM, said:

Okay, RL took way longer than I thought. Sorry. I'm here now, gimme a couple of hours to get some thoughts together.

You know you're dead right? We lynched you on day 2.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#351 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:46 AM

Alright, first half of the game thus far, not too much that stands out unsurprisingly. This is all from day 1.

View PostObdigore, on 30 September 2014 - 05:24 PM, said:

Vote Messremb

For getting Vengeance into a huff before the game even started. (Someone obviously got a role PM!)

I think this has been pointed out by someone already - I missed this the first time round. I thought that IB was the first to insert a mention of role PMs, but Obdi did it way before. That's something to watch potentially - in my experience people do talk, however indirectly, about things related to themselves.

Having said that, half the people who started this game are roled, so it doesn't exactly make Obdi suspect no.1 straight off...

View PostGnaw, on 30 September 2014 - 07:34 PM, said:

Meh. Not much there yet.

Remove Vote

It could be said that Gnaw is the first to start off the Khell to and froing with his (joke?) vote on me, which he subsequently removed with as little explanation as when he put it on. Immediately scummily highlighting an easy distraction, or perhaps just innocently yet foolishly giving scum an idea about how to proceed?

View PostGust Hubb, on 01 October 2014 - 02:23 PM, said:

So, today, I would say we should lynch the players typically dangerous as scum (e.g. Khell). If he is scum, the faster we hang his silver tongue, the less likely he'll talk himself to victory. Unless someone has a better idea.

Vote Khell, with great respect and sorrow

The infamous post which started the shenanigans properly. I still don't like this reasoning at all, and not simply because I'm the target. It has no in-game basis, but on the other hand the gamble is that despite that it's a populist move.

However, I'm not sure a killer would be so front and centre so early in the game. Symp? Maybe.

View PostA Demon Llama!, on 01 October 2014 - 03:09 PM, said:

Remove Vote

What do we have, like an hour?

Do I detect a worry that there won't be a lynch in this post from ADL?

View PostThe Unfound, on 01 October 2014 - 05:24 PM, said:

Well being relatively new to the Mafia scene I dont know anything about everyones old grudges and whatnot. But Khell is Khell. And Khell always needs a good lynching. And it worked out last game.......

Unfound jumping on the GH thought process. This is more like the sort of post I'd expect a killer to make. Small steps, edging towards a decision, continuing to test the waters on the idea.

View PostThe Unfound, on 01 October 2014 - 05:29 PM, said:

But speaking from somewhere other than my completely rational desire to lynch Khell, I thought GH brought up a good point about HO. The few games I have played with him so far he has been the lowest of the low posters. Its been an interesting change of pace for him this game

But Unfound also provides an alternative. Good town play casting the net wider, pointing out others? Or setting up alternatives once the Khell lynch comes up town?

View PostGnaw, on 01 October 2014 - 06:01 PM, said:

Since nobody seems to have said anything remotely incriminating, I shall vote low posting scone eater.

Vote Inane Babble.

Gnaw is the first after myself to vote for IB - though people were circling the option for some time (Mess, Gust, etc). What do we think the likelihood is of the killer being on IB's train?

Couple of other surmises:

Unfound-HO; Gust-Khell; Obdi-Gust so far seem like unlikely symp-killer pairings (with the first name being the symp) due to interactions on thread.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#352 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:51 AM

So Khell, the person to point out Obdi's comment on role PM's was me. It was also the focus of the question directed at him, for which I still have no acknowledgement let alone an answer. I personally am thinking Obdi is the symp, giving his singleminded pursuit of lynching a potential symp.

Good spot on Unfound.
~Abyss

#353 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:06 AM

View PostGnaw, on 02 October 2014 - 11:25 PM, said:

View PostShinrei, on 02 October 2014 - 11:23 PM, said:

Think old-style HO. :rant:

Last week? Hard to remember that far back.

Har har had

Edit: stupid autocorrect

This post has been edited by HiddenOne: 03 October 2014 - 01:07 AM

HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#354 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:09 AM

View PostGust Hubb, on 02 October 2014 - 02:50 PM, said:

View PostObdigore, on 02 October 2014 - 02:10 PM, said:

View PostHiddenOne, on 02 October 2014 - 02:04 PM, said:

How do you feel about lynching Khell?

I'll vote for him if he is the only lynch today, but nothing I've seen from him is screaming 'killer' this game.

What conclusions do you draw from Gust Hubb's behavior?

Gust Hubb, who is notoriously bad at alting people, has decided that he knows how everyone plays and points fingers at a fair number of people on thread, and wants to vote for people for saying 'ive got shit to do, bbl'. He seems to be trying to stir up anything at all and start laying foundations on trying to run trains later in the game.

I don't like it.

I would counter with the facts that Shinrei is notoriously missing for large stretches of time during any game he plays, so voting him for this reason just shows Gust has no fucking idea what he is talking about.

I would be perfectly happy with a Gust Hubb or Messremb lynch today.

You know me well. However, you fail to factor in post game analyses and discussions from which I obtain the bulk of my player profiles. Yes I may be wrong avout Shin and low posting, but you can't discount the trademark "will do better later" which represents a common route for low lying scum.

As for pointing at multiple people simultaneously, there are two ways that can fall: as you said, set ups for later or casting the net wide ti make sure pressure and analysis is maintained widely in the critical early portion of the game. Too often we get myopically focused on one person as a group (usually the one most annoying and noisy) giving scum time to rest easy and then maintain status quo in the day 3 slump.

Are you advocatin this singular approach Obdi? Make no mistake, while you are one of the best analysts in the game, however less eloquent than Khells, you also have the equal skill to perform as such as scum.

Moreover, you seem to think that your soapbox and sudden eloquent analysis dismisses you from answering my accusations against you. Take the splinter out of your own eye first, if I may go Biblical on your hinnie.

I'm finding myself in complete agreement with Obdi. You're coming on way too hard. And I really don't like the way you flirted around the "oh maybe that's why Taps was killed" NK wifom.

You're not nearly as good as you seemingly think you are and we do damn little post game analysis around here. (Something I wish we did more of actually.)

Vote Gust Hubb

#355 User is offline   Grief 

• Prophet of High House Mafia
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:25 AM

Procrastinating an essay by helping mod...

It is now day 2.

3 hours 45 minutes left.

A Demon Llama, Bubba, Gnaw, Gust Hubb, HiddenOne, Khell, Messremb, Obdigore, Shin, The unfound

2 votes for Shin (GH, Mess)
2 votes for GH (Obdi, Gnaw)
1 vote for Mess (The unfound)

Not voted: Everyone else.

Cougar said:

Grief, FFS will you do something with your sig, it's bloody awful

worry said:

Grief is right (until we abolish capitalism).

#356 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:29 AM

I hope you and Obdi are scum, Gnaw. Because being lynched as a presumed symp is a totally new tack. I look forward to seeing the justification down the line if you send me to spoiler heaven, whether as a lynch or NK.
~Abyss

#357 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:41 AM

View PostGust Hubb, on 03 October 2014 - 01:29 AM, said:

I hope you and Obdi are scum, Gnaw. Because being lynched as a presumed symp is a totally new tack. I look forward to seeing the justification down the line if you send me to spoiler heaven, whether as a lynch or NK.

I'm voting you because I think there's a decent chance you're the killer. Altless with the multiple finder roles makes for a good opportunity for a ballsy scum to play just the way you are.

#358 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:46 AM

Sorry, trying to get my little girl a bath & bed combo
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#359 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:49 AM

I'm finding it hard to trust any of you right now

#360 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:54 AM

ADL and Unfound are getting no heat

Share this topic:

• 45 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

19 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 19 guests, 0 anonymous users