Malazan Empire: Ryllandaras, and some potential blunders by the ICE/SE collar (Deadhouse Gates Spoilers) - Malazan Empire

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ryllandaras, and some potential blunders by the ICE/SE collar (Deadhouse Gates Spoilers)

#21 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 27 September 2014 - 04:52 AM

Gryllen jumped from a couple thousand rats to millions by the end of Deadhouse Gates, so that's within a few months.

Path of Hands is basically magical D'ivers steroids.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#22 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 27 September 2014 - 01:25 PM

Hold on, we're losing sight of the question posed by K'Chain Bull'Shite - is there anything in terms of quotes to support the idea that Ryllandaras split his soul(s)? Honestly I love it as an idea but I remember reading a draft of RotCG and the character had a different name but had a history that was in some ways identical to Ryllandaras so I told Cam about this and offered the alternatives as I saw them. He chose to make it Ryllandaras, a choice I hated at the time. If he had couched it in these terms I would have happily gone along with it. So it's kind of important to me.

This post has been edited by Malaclypse: 27 September 2014 - 01:26 PM

#23 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Football

Posted 27 September 2014 - 01:39 PM

There's the quote about Ryllandaras having mastered his form and splitting into two, but I'm drawing a blank on which book it comes from. I think Icarium states it, so probably DG.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#24 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 27 September 2014 - 02:53 PM

Bah, it's OK, I'm going to believe it anyway :)

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users