Malazan Empire: Subterranean Press lettered/limited - Buying/Selling - Malazan Empire

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Subterranean Press lettered/limited - Buying/Selling Look here for sellers and for buyers

#21 User is offline   caska 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 March 2015 - 09:37 PM

Just thought I'd post here again with my auctions that are up on eBay at the moment.

Memories of Ice Auction

House of Chains (plus future rights) Auction

#22 User is offline   frik 

• Corporal

Posted 21 March 2015 - 07:54 PM

A while back I started collecting the Subterranean Malazan books. I was lucky to get the numbered Deadhouse Gates (#334) plus the next two in the series, Memories of Ice and House of Chains - each book a #334.
Unfortunately, the lettered editions escaped me, till I visited the SubPress site at just the right moment and was lucky to get a lettered Memories of Ice - Copy EE. House of Chains has been paid for, but hasn't been shipped yet.

The problem is - I collect the books of many authors (King, McCammon, Simmons and George Martin, to name a few) and it's getting to be impossible to keep up with the many limited editions (numbered and lettered) that come out every year. I mean, I'm a high school teacher, having to get by on a highschool teacher's salary (not complaining) and though I'm managing reasonably well, I have to make choices and some limited series will just have to go. Like the Erikson books. Posted Image

Here's my question: is anyone here interested in the above books, including the rights to the subsequent editions? Or maybe just the numbered volumes, or just the letterds?
If so, do let me know and maybe we can work something out. I can send pictures if you'd like to see the books (they're in mint, unread condition) and answer any questions you might have.

Oh, for what it's worth, I'm from the Netherlands.

Siep

#23 User is offline   ShadowStorm 

• Recruit

Posted 24 March 2015 - 03:53 PM

Good luck finding a lettered GOTM. I saw one on eBay go for 3 grand. You would be better off trying to buy an entire set. Ive seen two sets pop up on eBay. Unmatched set went for $5300 and the matching was taken down but the listing was $7,000. Im sure they sold it off of eBay..

View PostAnommandaris, on 17 December 2014 - 11:49 PM, said:

Hello everyone, I am looking for the lettered edition of GOTM. Anyone reading this that has one feel free to pm with how much you would like for it :whistle:

I will edit this post if and when i am no longer looking for one.

#24 User is offline   frik 

• Corporal

Posted 29 March 2015 - 11:14 AM

I've decided to hang onto my books a bit longer.
It's impossible for me to determine a fair sales price.
Fair to both buyer and seller.

Siep

#25 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 29 March 2015 - 11:31 PM

But is it fair to fans of private bookselling?
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#26 User is offline   frik 

• Corporal

Posted 30 March 2015 - 05:41 PM

Well....you can always make me an offer I can't refuse.....Posted Image

sk

#27 User is offline   Jebus 

• Recruit

Posted 11 April 2015 - 07:00 AM

(hope this is the right place to post, I never use the board)

PUTTING OUT FEELERS - thinking of selling my numbered Sub Press MBOTF. Anyone interested?

I've got the first 4 - will ONLY sell as a set - and have even been assured by Sub Press that whoever buys them can continue to purchase the same number.

All four have stayed in their plastic bags except for the occasional flick through to admire them. Though I did somehow lose the original bag for GotM so it has a different one on it. Have also been kept out of direct sunlight and surrounded by their standard edition brethren.

I can take photos for anyone that is particularly interested.

Also please note: I live in Australia so postage will be astronomical (likely $50 AUD per book) though I may be able to ship them through work which could be cheaper. But yeah, expect to add a couple hundred bucks to the cost.

Note: this is not a guarantee to sell, it's putting out feelers. The collecting bug has left me and I'm also now a student again, so continuing to buy them, whilst a lovely idea, doesn't really appeal to me any more but I'll only sell if I think it's a good price and I think they're going to a good home.

Sure they could be an investment for the future, but I could die tomorrow, so whatever.

If anyone is concerned I'm not genuine, please don't be. I reckon Pat might be willing to vouch for me, though we've never met in person, we have some mutual friends who can definitely do so.

I've sold rare books before (years ago), the Meisha Merlin ASOIAF books, to someone in the US with no hassles.

I'm not sure if I get notifications to replies or PMs on here, so best to send me an email to jebus.sin@gmail.com

#28 User is offline   pat5150 

• Soletaken

Posted 18 April 2015 - 09:32 PM

Any offers worth their while?
For book reviews, author interviews, giveaways, related articles and news, and much more, check out www.fantasyhotlist.blogspot.com

#29 User is offline   Atrate61 

• Atri-Quirkle of High House Wombat

Posted 22 April 2015 - 06:50 PM

Hi Frik:

I would be interested in discussing House of Chains with you if you haven't already sold it. You can email me details if you would rather take the discussion offline: knownasgem@gmail.com

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Cheers,
Atrate61

View Postfrik, on 21 March 2015 - 07:54 PM, said:

A while back I started collecting the Subterranean Malazan books. I was lucky to get the numbered Deadhouse Gates (#334) plus the next two in the series, Memories of Ice and House of Chains - each book a #334.
Unfortunately, the lettered editions escaped me, till I visited the SubPress site at just the right moment and was lucky to get a lettered Memories of Ice - Copy EE. House of Chains has been paid for, but hasn't been shipped yet.

The problem is - I collect the books of many authors (King, McCammon, Simmons and George Martin, to name a few) and it's getting to be impossible to keep up with the many limited editions (numbered and lettered) that come out every year. I mean, I'm a high school teacher, having to get by on a highschool teacher's salary (not complaining) and though I'm managing reasonably well, I have to make choices and some limited series will just have to go. Like the Erikson books. Posted Image

Here's my question: is anyone here interested in the above books, including the rights to the subsequent editions? Or maybe just the numbered volumes, or just the letterds?
If so, do let me know and maybe we can work something out. I can send pictures if you'd like to see the books (they're in mint, unread condition) and answer any questions you might have.

Oh, for what it's worth, I'm from the Netherlands.

Siep

'If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning."

#30 User is offline   frik 

• Corporal

Posted 24 April 2015 - 05:26 PM

E-mail sent!

sk

#31 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 04 May 2015 - 08:38 AM

Looking for offers...probably won't turn down a good offer really.

Return of the Crimson Guard PS Publishing

Bauchelain and Korbal Broach

F/S

Also have a Deadhouse Gates ARC.
f/s

This post has been edited by Nicodimas: 04 May 2015 - 08:39 AM

-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#32 User is offline   Shelf Life 

• Recruit

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:51 PM

No longer seeking set

This post has been edited by Shelf Life: 15 June 2015 - 10:27 AM

#33 User is offline   frik 

• Corporal

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:43 PM

PM sent.

sk

#34 User is offline   GrafBoris 

• Recruit

Posted 08 June 2015 - 03:14 PM

Just a note for all those that are looking:

I have listed a MATCHED SET of LETTERED editions of all four books to date on eBay and the auction will last for 7 days.

The Books are pristine - never read and never even removed from traycases. Smoke-free home. Absolutely perfect!

Hate to part with them, but unfortunately need to... Posted Image

Listing for ease of search: LINK

Best Regards,

Graf Boris Todbringer

#35 User is offline   Tarthenal Theloman Toblakai 

• Engineer Extraordinaire!
  • Interests:Engineering, books, films, gaming, gym, running, mountain biking

Posted 08 June 2015 - 04:50 PM

holy crap that is a rare listing! This will fetch some serious dosh! Good luck to all involved in bidding and selling!
"There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail — should we fall — we will know that we have lived." ― Anomander Rake, Son of Darkness

#36 User is offline   frik 

• Corporal

Posted 08 June 2015 - 05:07 PM

Well, Graf Boris, that's an amazing set of books for sure. If I wouldn't already have 2/4 myself, I'd be tempted. I do hope you'll manage to sell - and for the lucky, lucky buyer: congratulations.

sk

#37 User is offline   tiste 

• Corporal

Posted 13 June 2015 - 11:02 PM

Looks like you've gotten a bid, congrats. That's the first time in 7 years of my saved ebay search I've seen an entire matched lettered set for sale. It'll be a good reference for insured value for the rest of us lucky owners ;)

#38 User is offline   frik 

• Corporal

Posted 15 June 2015 - 04:03 AM

View PostGrafBoris, on 08 June 2015 - 03:14 PM, said:

Just a note for all those that are looking:

I have listed a MATCHED SET of LETTERED editions of all four books to date on eBay and the auction will last for 7 days.

The Books are pristine - never read and never even removed from traycases. Smoke-free home. Absolutely perfect!

Hate to part with them, but unfortunately need to... Posted Image

Listing for ease of search: LINK

Best Regards,

Graf Boris Todbringer

Wow - that was a great sale: CONGRATULATIONS!!

sk

#39 User is offline   Mcardle 

• Sergeant

Posted 16 July 2015 - 04:21 PM

I may be persuaded to part with my set of non matching numbered editions, got all four and midnight Tides ordered, only little thing is Memories of Ice is a Publishers copy. Pm me if you are looking.
Last In, First Out

#40 User is offline   Janacek 

• Recruit
  • Interests:Reading, heavy metal, literature, cycling and did I mention reading?
  • rarely-seen captain of Lurker Company

Posted 19 July 2015 - 06:10 PM

Having recently fallen on hard times, I'd be willing to sell my matched numbered set of the first four books plus pre-order rights for MT (though I'm not entirely clear on how exactly those can be transferred).

If anyone is interested, feel free to pm me.

Edit: They're sold.

This post has been edited by Janacek: 10 August 2015 - 05:18 PM

We might not be free, but we sure are cheap. 

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users