• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NFL 2014-2015 Playoffs & Super Bowl

#101 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 13 October 2014 - 05:15 PM

View PostShinrei, on 13 October 2014 - 07:06 AM, said:

No no no, my fantasy team needs Kaep to throw picks and for Gore to fumble all over the place.

:smoke:
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#102 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 14 October 2014 - 04:46 AM

Very early start today so didn't stay up. Caught the 49ers Twitter feed this morning. Sounded like a good game!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#103 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 14 October 2014 - 06:35 PM

That coupled with Seahawks losing was a good weekend!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#104 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 14 October 2014 - 09:43 PM

View PostShinrei, on 13 October 2014 - 07:06 AM, said:

No no no, my fantasy team needs Kaep to throw picks and for Gore to fumble all over the place.

I had Brian quick, frank gore as well on Monday night , needing to pick up about 25 pts.

Brian quick - 1.00 pts
Frank gore - 3.8 pts.

I saw these two scores before I got to Kaep. I was only hoping he wasn't as bad as gore and quick.

Whooo. Kaep saved me single handedly. But then again, he was due.

Zoom stays in 1st place .

I was in second, with a 5 pt lead over slow Ben(3rd place) in points. So Ben could have took second if he outside me. And darned if we both don't score almost the exact same. 114.18 and 114.16

So first 3 spots stay the same. Perhaps even the first 4 or 5.

Well , I'm RB deficient after losing Peterson, Ridley, Johnson bombed, not to mention my starting QB, but oh well.

Perhaps sacrificing by offering Antonio brown for trade. Looking for good RB1, or perhaps a lower tier RB1 plus medium WR, or two lower RBs, but not high risk or temporary backs. I know this Is a touch trade to work, but if someone out there has extra RBs who they think affords them the ability to lose a top RB1, to pick up a top tier WR to plug a whole, then thats my Target audience.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

- Maynard James Keenan

#105 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 14 October 2014 - 09:50 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 14 October 2014 - 06:35 PM, said:

Oh hell yeah. Watching Dallas. DALLAS. Beat seahawks down at home. Seahawks were a flash in the pan. I knew they couldn't sustain their operation forever. Teams are figuring them out. Their gimmicky. All that contact after the 5 yards they used to win the Superbowl was taken out of the game. At home, they depend heavily on the crowd to disrupt the timing of the opposing offense. That's why they disrupted manning timing in the Superbowl with all those bumps and grabs and hands on receivers after 5 yards to disrupt manning timing. They can't compete with that level of play without some type of edge. I'm glad the seahwwks are being exposed for being far weaker than they have appeared lately.

- Maynard James Keenan

#106 User is offline   Grumble 

• High Mage of High House HAWT

Posted 15 October 2014 - 06:08 AM

View PostBrujah, on 14 October 2014 - 09:50 PM, said:

View PostTiste Simeon, on 14 October 2014 - 06:35 PM, said:

Oh hell yeah. Watching Dallas. DALLAS. Beat seahawks down at home. Seahawks were a flash in the pan. I knew they couldn't sustain their operation forever. Teams are figuring them out. Their gimmicky. All that contact after the 5 yards they used to win the Superbowl was taken out of the game. At home, they depend heavily on the crowd to disrupt the timing of the opposing offense. That's why they disrupted manning timing in the Superbowl with all those bumps and grabs and hands on receivers after 5 yards to disrupt manning timing. They can't compete with that level of play without some type of edge. I'm glad the seahwwks are being exposed for being far weaker than they have appeared lately.

:)
What Would Jack Do ?

#107 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 15 October 2014 - 08:09 AM

Well, I think you're overreacting a bit. Both the Packers and the Broncos were defeated (and the Packers were destroyed) by them, and they lost last season against the Chargers, too.

When you look at their losses, then the Chargers have one of the better defenses in football currently, and their play eats the clock in the same way the Seahawks do - I'm a bit disappointed with the Seattle air game, and right now, Rivers is on fire. The Cowboys needed the best ground attack in football, Tony Romo's under pressure instincts and a freak catch by Williams on what looked to me like a pass to Witten to get to that last TD.

Don't get me wrong, I am loving the fact the Seahawks aren't as completely dominant as I feared, and when they lose, I have some schadenfreude. But they're still one of the very best teams in the NFL.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#108 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 17 October 2014 - 11:15 PM

Poor Jets, indeed! They just acquired Percy Harvin from the Seahawks.

I wonder how this will work out. Percy was perfect for Seattle, but I'm not so sure he'll be as effective in white and green.

- Maynard James Keenan

#109 User is offline   Grumble 

Posted 18 October 2014 - 10:46 PM

View PostBrujah, on 17 October 2014 - 11:15 PM, said:

I wonder how this will work out. Percy was perfect for Seattle, but I'm not so sure he'll be as effective in white and green.

:) :) I'm amazed again at your lack of football knowledge !

Percy Harvin is Not as advertised :
• From his trade from the Vikings to his trade to the Jets, Percy Harvin averaged 7.1 yards on his 34 offensive touches as a Seahawk. That ranks 188th among those who had at least 20 rushes and receptions combined during that span. Harvin’s 40.3 total yards per game between his two trades ranks 150th among the same players.

• Harvin gained a total of 150 receiving yards during his Seahawks career, which started at the beginning of the 2013 season. There are 265 players with more receiving yards over that span, including eight who play for Seattle.

Impact on the Seahawks
Russell Wilson With / Without Harvin*
On Field / Off Field
Snaps 173 / 118
TD-Int 5-2 / 3-0
Avg pass dist. 6.2 / 8.1
Total QBR 45 / 71
*2014 Season
• Russell Wilson will be minimally affected by not having Harvin in the huddle. Wilson had a Total QBR of 45.3 with Harvin on the field this season, and 71.0 without him in the game.

• Harvin struggled to get on the field even when healthy during his two seasons with the Seahawks. Despite being the highest-paid Seahawks wide receiver the past two seasons, his 31.7 snaps played per game rank fifth among Seattle’s wideouts.
What Would Jack Do ?

#110 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 19 October 2014 - 02:02 PM

Andrew, I dislike your avatar.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#111 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 19 October 2014 - 09:08 PM

Another loss this time against the Rams... I know you have unshakeable confidence Grumble, but still...

BK I thought of you seeing the comeback by the Lions. That was unlucky!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#112 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 19 October 2014 - 11:44 PM

View PostBriar King, on 19 October 2014 - 10:16 PM, said:

Yeah it made me sick. Drew this yr not taking sacks and throwing the ball away has cost us a lot this season.
I mean we be only lost by 1 to 3 pts on each game except the Cowboy beating we got but a lot of these games could been victories potentially if he'd just take the sack.

The way the Packers D is pressuring QB's right now, and with some pretty good coverage on the backend, I'm liking our chances next week against your boys. I'm not counting my chickens though, because as you say you've lose by small margins and Brees can get red-hot at any moment.

Should be a good game.
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#113 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 20 October 2014 - 06:01 AM

Bleugh. Reading through the Twitter feed was not a good way to start a Monday morning...

Would have been nice to have 2 weeks of us winning against a Seahawks loss. Oh well.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#114 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 20 October 2014 - 06:28 PM

View PostGrumble, on 18 October 2014 - 10:46 PM, said:

View PostBrujah, on 17 October 2014 - 11:15 PM, said:

B) B) I'm amazed again at your lack of football knowledge !

Percy Harvin is Not as advertised :
• From his trade from the Vikings to his trade to the Jets, Percy Harvin averaged 7.1 yards on his 34 offensive touches as a Seahawk. That ranks 188th among those who had at least 20 rushes and receptions combined during that span. Harvin’s 40.3 total yards per game between his two trades ranks 150th among the same players.

• Harvin gained a total of 150 receiving yards during his Seahawks career, which started at the beginning of the 2013 season. There are 265 players with more receiving yards over that span, including eight who play for Seattle.

Impact on the Seahawks
Russell Wilson With / Without Harvin*
On Field / Off Field
Snaps 173 / 118
TD-Int 5-2 / 3-0
Avg pass dist. 6.2 / 8.1
Total QBR 45 / 71
*2014 Season
• Russell Wilson will be minimally affected by not having Harvin in the huddle. Wilson had a Total QBR of 45.3 with Harvin on the field this season, and 71.0 without him in the game.

• Harvin struggled to get on the field even when healthy during his two seasons with the Seahawks. Despite being the highest-paid Seahawks wide receiver the past two seasons, his 31.7 snaps played per game rank fifth among Seattle’s wideouts.

Or you look at his total stats when on the Vikings with Christian Ponder (!) throwing at him. 60-80 receptions per season, 10 yards a catch, 0.3 TD per game and very few fumbles makes for a very good receiver - one worth a first rounder in mid season, even.

The Seahawks may do better without him but part of that is tactics.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#115 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 20 October 2014 - 10:52 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 20 October 2014 - 06:01 AM, said:

Bleugh. Reading through the Twitter feed was not a good way to start a Monday morning...

Would have been nice to have 2 weeks of us winning against a Seahawks loss. Oh well.

Hard to beat a healthy Broncos team when your offensive line is being held together with string and duct tape, and your defense is entirely the backups of the backups.
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#116 User is offline   Grumble 

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:49 AM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 19 October 2014 - 02:02 PM, said:

Andrew, I dislike your avatar.

Fixed to one you will dislike even more B)
What Would Jack Do ?

#117 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:58 AM

I can't see it on mobile but I will let you know when I'm next on my desktop. B)
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#118 User is offline   Grumble 

Posted 26 October 2014 - 08:10 PM

Panthers beaten at home by the Seahawks for the third year in a row ! NFL to consider giving Seahawks a bye next year if we are scheduled to play them again. How about it Brujah, still your on top of the worst division in football the NFC Shite sorry South.
What Would Jack Do ?

#119 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 27 October 2014 - 05:40 AM

Hey BK I bet you were happy in the end there!

Falcons vs Lions was indeed in London today & I wasn't there which is a real shame because it was a good game. 21-0 at the half to the Falcons, 22-21 to Detroit at the end. I love comebacks especially as a neutral!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#120 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 27 October 2014 - 08:31 AM

Serious missed opportunities in that Packers Saints game. Tied at 16 and we're inside the 10. That game could've gone either way but the breaks went the Saints way starting with that deflected pick.

Damn. Coulda been different so easily - the score doesn't make that clear.

Share this topic:

• 14 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users