• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Malazan in Lego Characters as Lego minifigures

#21 User is offline   Aetol Fletch 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:12 AM

amphibian, on 27 June 2014 - 10:11 PM, said:

The thing with lipstick is that there's a certain way Lego makes their character facial features. Unless you put on a ponytail wig or another hairstyle that's almost always on a female, it's really hard to suggest female from a non obviously female Lego head and a hairstyle common to both genders.

Look at Apsalar above. That's what I'm talking about in the second sentence. Neutral head, ponytail wig.

Too true, and on many of the male characters above I gave them female wigs (for long hair). And they still looked male. No matter what, a female character in Lego is going to have full lips and long eyelashes.

But this isn't all about staying completely true to the books. My goal is also to stay true to the spirit of Lego, which means an idealized and silly representation of what "real life" is to children (and whimsical adults).

Anyway....

Posted Image
Tavore, T'amber, & Lostara Yil
~ I like my Tavore minifig. I lucked out and found the perfect face for her. The hair is nice too. Also, notice her otataral sword. Heh
~ T'amber is something of a minor character, so most of her minifig is guesswork. Alas, no amber eyes, but I tried to include her "tawny mane". I do seem to remember her wielding a sword at some point or another.
~ Lostara Yil is one of my favorite female characters from the series. QUESTION: was her weapon of choice the sword or knife? It's been about a year since I read the books and I can't really remember. I know she was a Shadow Dancer so I went the assassin route and gave her knives. Also, sorry, but tattooed faces are not really a thing in Lego.
Posted Image
Redmask and K'ell Hunter
~ As requested, here's my Redmask minifigure. I got supremely lucky and found a sort of tribal/Amazonian face with... a red mask! I've also incorporated his sick axe and whip combo.
~ As was kindly pointed out, K'Chain Che'Malle may have been able to change color. So I changed him to blue. And articulated him a bit to make it more exciting.

#22 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 28 June 2014 - 11:11 AM

Cool.

How about a group of Fists Dujek and Coltaine along with Admiral Nok? :)
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#23 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:02 PM

Well done! These are awesome! Posted Image
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#24 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:46 PM

Oooo! Oooo! Do the Old Guard!!!

EDIT: Kallor's near-unibrow...is awesome.

EDIT EDIT: Now that you have these models, I assume you can order the actual pieces based on their LEGO part numbers and start seembling these in real life. Cuz if you do that, I will travel to your home and bestow upon you gifts of hard drugs and harder liquor and pin a green number 1 to your chest.

This post has been edited by Spoilsport Stonny: 28 June 2014 - 02:56 PM

Theorizing that one could poop within his own lifetime, Doctor Poopet led an elite group of scientists into the desert to develop a top secret project, known as QUANTUM POOP. Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, Doctor Poopet, prematurely stepped into the Poop Accelerator and vanished. He awoke to find himself in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own. Fortunately, contact with his own bowels was made through brainwave transmissions, with Al the Poop Observer, who appeared in the form of a hologram that only Doctor Poopet could see and hear. Trapped in the past, Doctor Poopet finds himself pooping from life to life, pooping things right, that once went wrong and hoping each time, that his next poop will be the poop home.

#25 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:48 PM

Shit, I think I've got the pieces to make an articulated K'Chain Che'Malle.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#26 User is offline   Aetol Fletch 

• Recruit

Posted 29 June 2014 - 11:37 PM

Posted Image
Emancipor Reese, Bauchelain, & Korbal Broach
~ I'm currently reading the Bauchelain & Korbal Broach novellas, so making this trio seemed appropriate. I love Mancy's facial expression.
~ I know that Bauchelain (love the name, btw) is supposed to have grayish hair, but it didn't work with his face, which has black hair. Black looks better on him anyway, I think.
~ I struggled to find the right face for Korbal Broach (deranged eunuchs are not a Lego staple) and eventually settled on the most vanilla Lego face possible. It's more of a humorous commentary on Broach's character than anything else.
Posted Image
Fear, Binadas, Rhulad, & Trull Sengar
~ There are only four elf head pieces in the program, most with long elegant hair (they're from The Hobbit sets), so only Fear gets a set of elf ears.
~ The weaponry here is mostly guesswork. I can't remember which weapons Fear and Binadas favor. Rhulad's sword is obviously the one the CG makes for him. Trull of course gets a spear.
~ Rhulad post-coins is impossible to make with Lego since there are no coin-covered-person patterns available. This is Rhulad as soon as he picks up the sword.
~ I think Trull is bald when we first meet him, but he looks so much more imposing with his tribal-ish ponytail.

#27 User is offline   James Hutton 

• High Scholar of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 01 July 2014 - 03:42 PM

Aetol Fletch, on 29 June 2014 - 11:37 PM, said:

~ I think Trull is bald when we first meet him, but he looks so much more imposing with his tribal-ish ponytail.

Trull's indeed bald the first time we meet him (Prologue HoC), where his hair is shaved off as part of the shorning (outcasting). When we meet him in MT, i.e. chronologically earlier, his hair is not described AFAIK, but since it's shaved off during the shorning, he must have had some. Though the tribal-ish ponytail is not how I picture him. Which doesn't say anything.

This post has been edited by James Hutton: 01 July 2014 - 03:43 PM

Secret message: "Keep up the good work, yours truly"

#28 User is offline   Isa 

• Fist
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:17 PM

These are so awesome!

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic