Malazan Empire: 2015 UK & Europe Trip - Malazan Empire

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2015 UK & Europe Trip In which Shiara & Luci fly a very long way...

#81 User is online   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 19 March 2015 - 10:53 PM

Oh I don't think I missed you Awfantul.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#82 User is offline   Orfantal 

• First Sword

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:21 PM

Good to see you've lost none of your wit and charm Simian

#83 User is online   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 21 March 2015 - 12:29 AM

Yes thank hood for that. Without my charm and personality I'd be lacking everything. I'd be... you!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#84 User is offline   Shiara 

• High Scribe of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 21 March 2015 - 10:53 AM

Yeesh, looks like it's going to be effing cold (Luci was genuinely excited by London's weather forecast - me, not so much!).
*casting the shaved knuckle*

#85 User is offline   Egwene 

• Emperor

Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:42 PM

How is the planning coming on? Are you likely to make it to the South-West?

#86 User is offline   Egwene 

• Emperor

Posted 29 March 2015 - 11:50 AM

Has anyone heard from Shiara recently? Answered PM over a week ago but have not heard back.

#87 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 29 March 2015 - 07:07 PM

Pretty sure they posted in other threads yesterday.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#88 User is offline   Loki 

• Knight Commander of Team Quick Ben
  • WWQBDFTW?

Posted 29 March 2015 - 08:32 PM

View PostEgwene, on 29 March 2015 - 11:50 AM, said:

Has anyone heard from Shiara recently? Answered PM over a week ago but have not heard back.

Shiara is notorious for thinking she has responded to a text/PM/post when she hasn't actually done so yet. :D

Wry, on 29 February 2012 - 10:50 AM, said:

And you're not complaining, you're criticizing. It's a side-effect of being better than everyone else, I get it sometimes too.

~TQB~

#89 User is offline   Shiara 

Posted 30 March 2015 - 07:28 AM

Hello, yes, sorry, things have been a bit hectic with preparing my job for handover, doing handover in the evenings (since the person who'll be back-filling me doesn't actually start until the day I fly out, so we didn't have any work time overlap), and then squeezing in packing and cleaning and prepping the house for our house-sitters and catching up with friends and family before we go - we're flying out tomorrow morning and still have a few last-minutes things to take care of!

#90 User is offline   Shiara 

Posted 01 April 2015 - 07:45 PM

We have arrived! London is cold! (Luci thinks it's lovely, I think I need a few more layers)

#91 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 01 April 2015 - 07:53 PM

View PostShiara, on 01 April 2015 - 07:45 PM, said:

We have arrived! London is cold! (Luci thinks it's lovely, I think I need a few more layers)

You survived the plan flight!! Wahooo!! Congratulations.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#92 User is offline   Egwene 

• Emperor

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:00 AM

My first advice for anyone visiting London is - go walking. If you only look at the major attractions and catch the tube from one to the other you'll miss so much. The centre of London is pretty condensed and there are many fascinating side streets which will get you from A to B. Alternatively, if you have a travelcard, just jump on and off buses but whatever you do, avoid the tube as much as you can. Years ago, I took a cousin round London and she later told me that jumping on and off busses (mostly at random), had really made the trip. We would just take the next one coming, jump off when we saw something interesting and then repeat the exercise in the opposite direction when we'd seen enough.

Hope you have a great time!

#93 User is offline   Shiara 

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:49 PM

Thanks Egwene, we've spent most of the first day here walking around - I'm thinking I need to invest in some decent flat boots to keep my ankles warm!

It seems we picked a good day to wander around, it's chilly but sunny. We keep stopping to take photos of architecture which probably seems pretty ordinary to most Londoners, and giggling at some of the place names (the airport train kept saying Cockfosters, we had a hard time keeping straight faces).

We've got ourselves Historic Royal Palaces joint membership, so we'll check out Hampton Court for its 500yr anniversary festivities, the obligatory Tower tour and maybe Kensington Palace too over the next couple of days.

#94 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:14 PM

You'll be pleased to know there's a place near me called Crapstone.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#95 User is online   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:16 PM

View PostIlluyankas, on 02 April 2015 - 03:14 PM, said:

You'll be pleased to know there's a place near me called Crapstone.

Which handily also serves as an apt description of the place!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#96 User is offline   Egwene 

• Emperor

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:30 PM

View PostShiara, on 02 April 2015 - 02:49 PM, said:

Thanks Egwene, we've spent most of the first day here walking around - I'm thinking I need to invest in some decent flat boots to keep my ankles warm!

It seems we picked a good day to wander around, it's chilly but sunny. We keep stopping to take photos of architecture which probably seems pretty ordinary to most Londoners, and giggling at some of the place names (the airport train kept saying Cockfosters, we had a hard time keeping straight faces).

We've got ourselves Historic Royal Palaces joint membership, so we'll check out Hampton Court for its 500yr anniversary festivities, the obligatory Tower tour and maybe Kensington Palace too over the next couple of days.

Lol... yes, there are a few of those funny names around.

Don't forget to visit Harrods. For sheer opulence, it's hard to beat. Especially the food halls are totally amazing.

Have you already had a wander down the Southbank? There are always things going on, from busking and street theatre to various venues along the route. One which I have not yet been to, but which sounds great is the Globe theatre - reconstructed to the way it might have looked in Shakespeare's time.

One venue to check out for a bite to eat is the crypt of St. Martin-in-the-Fields - nowadays possible better known as St. Martin-in-Trafalgar-Square. The entrance is off to one side of the church, a glass enclosure for a lift with a spiral staircase going down around it. The crypt is really atmospheric and the food isn't bad either. Very popular, so best to get there just before lunch/dinner times. Look out for free recitals in the church itself as well if you are there.

Another place where eating is as much about the surrounding as the food itself is in the Victoria and Albert Museum.

So much to see... you'll be needing two pairs of shoes next!

#97 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 08 April 2015 - 11:38 PM

Drunk people! (I finally found a way to get the pic off my junkass phone)

(e: stupid separate confirmation)

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Illuyankas: 08 April 2015 - 11:39 PM

Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#98 User is offline   Loki 

• Knight Commander of Team Quick Ben
  • WWQBDFTW?

Posted 09 April 2015 - 12:35 AM

View PostIlluyankas, on 08 April 2015 - 11:38 PM, said:

Drunk people! (I finally found a way to get the pic off my junkass phone)

(e: stupid separate confirmation)

What a bunch of nerds.

Wry, on 29 February 2012 - 10:50 AM, said:

And you're not complaining, you're criticizing. It's a side-effect of being better than everyone else, I get it sometimes too.

~TQB~

#99 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 09 April 2015 - 01:19 AM

we resemble that remark

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users