Malazan Empire: The South Park Series - Malazan Empire

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The South Park Series Sticks of Truths and Fractured ****holes.

#41 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:31 PM

Just played a couple hours of the Fractured But Whole.

It's very reminiscent of the first game. Very similar gameplay, root through peoples possessions, gather followers, fight ridiculous turn based RPG battles. The way they transition between Stick of Truth and Fractured is clever. I am looking forward to see where they go with all these Superhero themes.

I laughed out loud during the fight with Kyle super jewish cousin.

Also the game already has stuff in it during the first 30 minutes that is ridiculously obscene for any kind of game, let alone one about kids.

God Bless, Stone and Parker.

#42 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 19 October 2017 - 05:01 AM

heh. alternate universe Human Kite.

I just had my sexual orientation determined: "cis male". Mr. Mackey hit me with some questions to determine so.

I love how South Park is an equal opportunity offender. Doesn't matter what spectrum you fall on. If you put a lot of significance on your ideology, you're going to be offended. And I LOVE it!

#43 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 21 October 2017 - 02:36 AM

Uhhhh.. so that mission that took me to the church.
Spoiler

#44 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 21 October 2017 - 05:15 AM

Taco Shop. Morgan Freeman behind the counter. nuff said.

#45 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 21 October 2017 - 06:35 AM

Night time now. CAPTAIN DIABETES!!!!

#46 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 21 October 2017 - 07:07 PM

The Member Berries you can find all over South Park are hilarious!

#47 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 21 October 2017 - 07:14 PM

I've reached the 2nd day. I've unlocked a side kick. I've gained time fart powers. I think the story is about to open up a bit.

So far I am enjoying the game but I think the game is a bit too familiar and there's not enough really shocking or outrageous moments. I mean the game remains gross, crass, offensive, etc. but it doesn't feel like it's matching or surpassing Stick of Truth so far. I've heard that the game ramps it up in the second part but so far it's just a good video game and not the truly unique experience the first game felt like.

A lot of the humor feels tired, like the "Your dad fucked your mom" bit but the on the other hand you're giving drunk men lap dances and fighting pedophile priests so the game certainly goes places.

#48 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 21 October 2017 - 08:39 PM

Yeah, I pretty much have the same sentiments. It hasn't taken it to the extremes that SoT did (at this stage in the game anyway). Do you poop in every toilet? I have been so far.
Some of the more "offensive" or gross parts of the game have been the junk you can pick up from trash cans and bathrooms. I got a severed ebola penis from one dumpster outside the health clinic. And I don't even want to tell you what was added to my inventory when I ramshackled through Big Gay Al's and Slave's house. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

The lap dance part was bonkers.

Also, the inclusion of the grid movement squares in combat hasn't really paid off, imo.

I'm looking forward to running into PC Principal. I've a feeling that is going to be memorable encounter.

#49 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 21 October 2017 - 09:11 PM

I've been pooping in every toilet yes. Although I think I might have to revisit quite a few, since there seems to be some kind of reward or achievement system connected to doing a "flawless poop" or what ever the mastery thing is called. If nothing else it gives a bit of xp I think. The mini game becomes sort of frustrating when it wants you to waggle one stick left and right and the other up and down and things like that. It's the equivalent of rub your tummy and pat your head. It fucks with your coordination.

I think the grid movement makes for a more nuanced combat experience where you can use more tactics. Unfortunately it also feels sort of annoying that a lot of the kids movement/attack options are locked to certain patterns and namely the horizontal line they're standing on. Still, it's added depth to the combat.

I ran into PC Principal earlier. I found him:

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Alternative Goose: 21 October 2017 - 09:13 PM

#50 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 22 October 2017 - 12:57 PM

Found PC Principal. It was worth the anticipation. He didn't disappoint. When he was introduced to South Park (television show), I thought that was one of the best South Park seasons, ever.
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 22 October 2017 - 12:58 PM

#51 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 22 October 2017 - 08:14 PM

Played a ton more South Park today. Made it well into day three. I originally thought they were copying the three act/three day structure of Stick of Truth but now I suspect there might be a fourth day. That or the rest of the day and night sequence will be pretty heavy.

I'm pretty powerful now, have what I believe are all the abilities, since I seem to have found almost all the stuff hidden around the environments now. Still haven't run into the Kanye West segment yet. I wonder if I've missed it or it's yet to come.

I picked a fight with Morgan Freeman earlier by going behind the counter and punching him. Oh boy that was a big mistake. I believe Freeman is the equivalent of Final Fantasy 7s Ruby Weapon. He hits like a freight train.

#52 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 23 October 2017 - 03:47 PM

I'm still on day 2. Got a side quest from Big Gay Al to find his cats. Haven't picked up any so far. Got the Human Kite's assistance to "fartkour" so I was able to reach all of those places with a small pinwheel. This allowed me to complete the side quest where you have to post head shots of that creepy interrogator at the police station all over South Park. He's the guy with the creepy clown posters in his office.

Some of my toughest fights have been with the Raisin Girls.

#53 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 25 October 2017 - 02:53 AM

Hey Apt. How many followers to you have on Coonstagram? I have 12,733. Since you are further along in the game, I was curious to know how many you have.

#54 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 25 October 2017 - 09:26 AM

Never noticed my follower number. I only kept an eye on the level in the character sheet. I finished the game yesterday and deleted it so I can't check.

They actually did some more background reveal on the kids past that explains his social media powers.

I've gotta say overall Fracture was nowhere as good as Stick of Truth. But that last 4th day was pretty cool. All the reveals were hilarious. There was one particularly fucked up choice they had you make that really messed with me.

#55 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 25 October 2017 - 03:49 PM

Bummer. On to Assassin's Creed Origins now?

#56 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 25 October 2017 - 04:47 PM

Probably?

I've been weighing the choice between AC:Origins, Wolfenstein 2 or Mario Odyssey.

I would pick Mario over the others but my budget is very tight and its the most expensive so it comes in third.

I sort of want to play Wolfenstein 2 first. It's the shorter experience and the story is probably worth seeing before some asshat spoils it. But the PC Requirements they released a while ago are ridiculous. The minimum requirements for both the processor and graphics card exceed my poor old rig. I might want to wait and see what Digital Foundry says and somebody tests just how optimized it is for old PCs. Supposedly it's running on the same engine as Doom 4 and that ran surprisingly well on my PC.

Also there is issue of not supporting Bethesda with Day 1 sales, when they have their stupid "No review copies" strategy (allthough I believe Dan Stappleton from IGN has been out stating they actually got a copy a few days ago?)

I probably will pick Assassin's Creed first. I'm just waiting to see how much jank is in their PC build. From what I've seen on Reddit today, it seems to be pretty solid.

#57 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 25 October 2017 - 04:52 PM

Ahh Shit. I just remembered I forgot to fight Morgan Freeman to find out if you win something.

#58 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 25 October 2017 - 08:47 PM

I haven't fought Morgan Freeman yet. I'm waiting until I've maxed my powers. I do notice that has your saved game is loading, it displays tips and so forth. Well one of them is a suggestion to fight Morgan Freeman.

I might move onto Assassin's Creed Origins myself (after finishing Fractured But Whole). I haven't played the last two Assassin Creed titles (the one in French Revolution Paris and the one in Victoria era London), so hopefully I don't miss anything. Since it is going back to Egypt (and has "origins" in the name), I'm guessing I won't miss anything. I will probably wait for reviews just to make sure it's not a mistake to buy it at full price.

#59 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 01 November 2017 - 04:42 AM

View PostAlternative Goose, on 22 October 2017 - 08:14 PM, said:

Played a ton more South Park today. Made it well into day three. I originally thought they were copying the three act/three day structure of Stick of Truth but now I suspect there might be a fourth day. That or the rest of the day and night sequence will be pretty heavy.

I'm pretty powerful now, have what I believe are all the abilities, since I seem to have found almost all the stuff hidden around the environments now. Still haven't run into the Kanye West segment yet. I wonder if I've missed it or it's yet to come.

I picked a fight with Morgan Freeman earlier by going behind the counter and punching him. Oh boy that was a big mistake. I believe Freeman is the equivalent of Final Fantasy 7s Ruby Weapon. He hits like a freight train.

I found the Kanye part.
Spoiler

#60 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 15 March 2018 - 05:33 PM

huh, some new DLC for The Fractured But Whole is coming out next week. I did not know that.

It's called From Dusk Till Casa Bonita. Sounds like it's going to be a riff on "From Dusk Till Dawn,"

I may have to play this because I've been to the real Casa Bonita. It's a popular place for children's birthdays. I remember the cliff divers and the alcoves and the Mexican food. I remember the sopapillas being so yummy. It is a perfect setting to do a "From Dusk Till Dawn" parody.

Dammit, I hope I didn't delete The Fractured Butt Whole. I was running out of room on my console and had to delete some titles, but wasn't sure if The Fractured Butt Whole was one of them.

A question for you guys. If you delete a game from your console but keep your game saves, can you re-install the game and pick up right where you left the last save?

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users