Malazan Empire: Can someone summarize what happend w/ Trull & Onrack - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Can someone summarize what happend w/ Trull & Onrack

#1 User is offline   obvakhi 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:50 AM

I got lost with these 2 somewhere in the middle and just never caught up to what was going on. I plan to read the 5th book eventually but I hear that Trull is the only returning character.
So can someone can give me a brief summary of their storyline so I won't be confused.
Thanks.

#2 User is offline   D'iversify 

• First Sword

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:27 AM

Events in Book Five take place before events in Book Four, so it doesn't matter too much if you don't recall exactly where Trull and Onrack got to in Book Four, as that thread is continued in Book Six and Seven. Safe to say, you find out a lot more in MT about the Tiste Edur, Trull's place in Edur society and why he ends up in a flooded Nascent.
I am the Onyx Wizards

#3 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:02 AM

obvakhi, on 03 March 2014 - 06:50 AM, said:

I got lost with these 2 somewhere in the middle and just never caught up to what was going on. I plan to read the 5th book eventually but I hear that Trull is the only returning character.
So can someone can give me a brief summary of their storyline so I won't be confused.
Thanks.

Onrack finds Trull in the Nascent and they go from there. This is what HOC is about. Book 5 does only have Trull as a directly returning character but has mentions of some others you will have heard of. You have to read book 5 it ties into the rest of the series.

#4 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:37 PM

At the end of House of Chains, Trull begins to tell Onrack his story. Midnight Tides is that story. It wasn't the easiest thing for me to realize cuz I read Night of Knives inbetween the two, so it didn't seem like a swift transition. Then on re-read, I was like "OH SHIT THAT'S COOL!"
Theorizing that one could poop within his own lifetime, Doctor Poopet led an elite group of scientists into the desert to develop a top secret project, known as QUANTUM POOP. Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, Doctor Poopet, prematurely stepped into the Poop Accelerator and vanished. He awoke to find himself in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own. Fortunately, contact with his own bowels was made through brainwave transmissions, with Al the Poop Observer, who appeared in the form of a hologram that only Doctor Poopet could see and hear. Trapped in the past, Doctor Poopet finds himself pooping from life to life, pooping things right, that once went wrong and hoping each time, that his next poop will be the poop home.

#5 User is offline   Tru 

• Sergeant

Posted 13 November 2014 - 10:24 PM

I was constantly going back and referencing Trull's storyline in this book as I read through Midnight Tides. At the time I read this book, the Trull and Onrack story were the most confusing sections for me. It took book 5 to really grasp things, and by book 6, The bits with Trull, Onrack, the Edur, etc. just fit nicely.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users