Malazan Empire: Words of Radiance - Prologue and Chapters 1 & 2 - Malazan Empire

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Words of Radiance - Prologue and Chapters 1 & 2

#41 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:07 PM

Wanna know what spoilery-ness happens in Chapter 7 (missing from the list of preview chapters)?

TOR has posted the audio. Warning, it's apparently only half the chapter, and it's read by some irritating woman who can't read an audiobook without sounding like a monotone mess.

http://www.tor.com/b...7-audio-excerpt

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 03 March 2014 - 02:10 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#42 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:34 PM

If someone could just read the book then pm me a general outline that would be great. Really don't think I could wsde through another

#43 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:59 PM

The Feb. 28 Glimpses of Radiance...

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Blend: 03 March 2014 - 02:59 PM

There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#44 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:47 PM

I complain about Chapters/Indigo a LOT. Like a lot a lot.

But I'm prepped to grab this on my way home tonight, and it looks like they are doing their 50% off hardcovers thing for it, so it will come out to be about $17 total. You really can't beat that.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#45 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:42 AM

Without wanting to go into Obi's spoilerific thread...

I started it last night (it was weird to be able to jump immediately to missing preview chapters 7 & 9 (holy shitsnacks what happened in those was crazy!) and then to the second interlude Chapter directly. My fiancee was like..."You're already THAT far?!"...lol

Anyways, loving it as usual...and that painting of Shallan on the inside front cover is GORGEOUS in real life.

Oh and finally getting to see her sketch of the Santhid was cool.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 05 March 2014 - 11:43 AM

#46 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:42 PM

I just bought my copy yesterday, but I am halfway through a reread of Grave Peril at the moment, and I don't like putting down a book half finished, so I'll probably get around to reading WoR after the weekend (shouldn't take me too much longer to finish Grave Peril).
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users