Malazan Empire: Words of Radiance - Prologue and Chapters 1 & 2 - Malazan Empire

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Words of Radiance - Prologue and Chapters 1 & 2

#1 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:52 PM

http://www.tor.com/s...ne-and-two#more

I'm very much looking forward to this one, and these chapters have only made me want it more! This is gonna be SOOOO good!
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#2 User is offline   Stormcat 

• cat of storms
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:sci fi/fantasy books. WoW.

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:08 PM

YES! thank you for the link. :harhar:

#3 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:37 PM

i really think i'm gonna love the further development of bridge four. so much potential in that group, and if it's only by following ideals and speaking the words that a garden-variety human can become a knight radiant, then i can see a few candidates under kaladin already.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#4 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:05 PM

I'm really excited to see how the Szeth/Kaladin showdown is gonna come about given

Spoiler

I think the whole Shallan being betrothed to Adolin is very interesting too. I didn't see it coming at all, but it makes some weird sense, and I think that Shallan has the potential to be a good match for Adolin - she doesn't take herself too seriously, which is what I imagine has been Adolin's biggest problem with his suitors to date.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#5 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:14 PM

To quote someone else.

Awwwwww Yissssssss

Blend, on 13 January 2014 - 09:05 PM, said:

I'm really excited to see how the Szeth/Kaladin showdown is gonna come about given

Spoiler

I think the whole Shallan being betrothed to Adolin is very interesting too. I didn't see it coming at all, but it makes some weird sense, and I think that Shallan has the potential to be a good match for Adolin - she doesn't take herself too seriously, which is what I imagine has been Adolin's biggest problem with his suitors to date.

In response to your spoiler
Spoiler

I'm more interested in the 'mind realm' than Shallan betrothed to Adolin, which I agree will be interesting. Shallan's story FINALLY got interesting/exciting at the end of book one, and I'm interesting in where it goes. Also shape-heads. Creepy as fuck, I demand moar.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#6 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 14 January 2014 - 02:29 PM

Possibly Brent Weeks, on 14 January 2014 - 12:14 PM, said:

To quote someone else.

Awwwwww Yissssssss

Blend, on 13 January 2014 - 09:05 PM, said:

Spoiler

In response to your spoiler
Spoiler

I'm more interested in the 'mind realm' than Shallan betrothed to Adolin, which I agree will be interesting. Shallan's story FINALLY got interesting/exciting at the end of book one, and I'm interesting in where it goes. Also shape-heads. Creepy as fuck, I demand moar.

Yeah, the symbol heads, and the fact that Elhokar also sees them, are going to be an interesting thing to see develop too.

I really enjoyed Shallan's story throughout WoK - I realize that the beginning of it is mostly just her studying and being insecure, but I really felt that it allowed Sanderson to build his world ways that only following Kaladin and Dalinar's stories wouldn't have made possible. I find Roshar to be an extremely interesting world, and he's done a very good job at making it so very alien compared to most other fantasy worlds.

Spoiler

#7 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:18 PM

Chapters 3, 4 and 5 are now posted as well - right here!

#8 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:22 PM

RESISTING!

I'm not sure why....but reasons!

I want a clean read...and I'm going to try to resist the preview chapters as long as I can.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#9 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:56 PM

QuickTidal, on 14 January 2014 - 05:22 PM, said:

RESISTING!

I want a clean read...and I'm going to try to resist the preview chapters as long as I can.

Are you one of those sick people who are resisting the Skin Games previews too? I just don't get it... what's wrong with you people? :p

#10 User is offline   Stormcat 

• cat of storms
  • Interests:sci fi/fantasy books. WoW.

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:57 PM

RESISTING!

It's like no foreplay. Just jumping straight into the business. Get yourself a little excited! Look forward to the big bang! Posted Image

#11 User is offline   End of Disc One 

• House Knight

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:34 PM

For TWoK I read all previews as they came available, and hunted down an ARC for a hefty price. This time I figure I'll wait. The first book was beautifully put together with lots of cool artwork on the inside. I want to experience that as I read for the first time.

Still I can't resist reading some of the discussion on 17th Shard.

#12 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:00 AM

Blend, on 14 January 2014 - 06:56 PM, said:

RESISTING!

Are you one of those sick people who are resisting the Skin Games previews too? I just don't get it... what's wrong with you people? :p

No, strangely I'm one of those who tries to GET other people to read the Dresden sample chapters...

I'll cave on this...I've just not caved yet...but I totally will.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#13 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:30 PM

Threw the Prologue and all 5 preview chapters into a PDF so I could read it on my Kindle...only halfway through...but it's like the finest crack. SO GOOD! Can't wait for March now!

#14 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:55 PM

Chapters 6, 8 & 9 have now also been released for our perusing pleasure! Wonder what we miss in Chapter 7!

#15 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:02 PM

RESISTING!

Are you one of those sick people who are resisting the Skin Games previews too? I just don't get it... what's wrong with you people? :smoke:

I like to go into a book fresh.

If I read the first 3 or 5 chapters of a book and then have to wait a year for the rest it will only drive me mad.

The only books were I actually read the teaser chapters are when we get Malazan prologues because the discussions that ensue are always fun.

#16 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:34 PM

Maybe Apt, on 21 January 2014 - 09:02 PM, said:

RESISTING!

Are you one of those sick people who are resisting the Skin Games previews too? I just don't get it... what's wrong with you people? ;)

I like to go into a book fresh.

If I read the first 3 or 5 chapters of a book and then have to wait a year for the rest it will only drive me mad.

The only books were I actually read the teaser chapters are when we get Malazan prologues because the discussions that ensue are always fun.

Well given that Words of Radiance is due on shelves in about a month and a half, you wouldn't be waiting a whole year! :) Plus I feel like these books have the potential to generate very interesting discussion too! I'm certainly excited to see where things are going to go from here! The story's gonna be intense!

#17 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:09 PM

Chapters 10, 12, 14 and Interlude 1

The deliciousness just keeps on coming!

#18 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:29 PM

Holy crap.

Spoilers for the latest chapters
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Possibly Brent Weeks: 05 February 2014 - 12:30 PM

Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#19 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:03 PM

Are they realeasing the whole damn book as previews?

#20 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:33 PM

Imperial Historian, on 05 February 2014 - 01:03 PM, said:

Are they realeasing the whole damn book as previews?

Goodreads comments indicate Twitter comments indicate that is it. Also note that we missed a couple chapters here and there...

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users