Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Seguleh First?

#1 User is offline   Opops13 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:21 PM

So, at the end of OST Dassem gets the blank mask and accepts the role of First after the others in line refuse. But do you guys really think he deserves it? i mean i know its rightfully his because everyone else in line said "no thanks", but i wish ICE had put him up against Jan or Gall or Palla, or even Lo just for a brief spar just so we could see where he stands. Because he pretty much jumps from being Seventh

(and only by killing Anomander, who arguably wanted to lose that fight anyways)

to being the First, and he never faces any of the others in line. Does the fact that he refuses to fight make him more powerful than the others? I mean, i know he's really badass and he wrecks most people pretty easily throughout the series, but these are Seguleh we're talking about here. I haven't read Blood n Bone yet so idk if that stuff comes into play though

#2 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:40 PM

Opops13, on 09 December 2013 - 09:21 PM, said:

So, at the end of OST Dassem gets the blank mask and accepts the role of First after the others in line refuse. But do you guys really think he deserves it? i mean i know its rightfully his because everyone else in line said "no thanks", but i wish ICE had put him up against Jan or Gall or Palla, or even Lo just for a brief spar just so we could see where he stands. Because he pretty much jumps from being Seventh

(and only by killing Anomander, who arguably wanted to lose that fight anyways)

to being the First, and he never faces any of the others in line. Does the fact that he refuses to fight make him more powerful than the others? I mean, i know he's really badass and he wrecks most people pretty easily throughout the series, but these are Seguleh we're talking about here. I haven't read Blood n Bone yet so idk if that stuff comes into play though

His refusal to fight is somewhat part of it ( abig part, but not whole), but Jan knows who he is. Also, yes, he is the best swordsman on the planet.
Theorizing that one could poop within his own lifetime, Doctor Poopet led an elite group of scientists into the desert to develop a top secret project, known as QUANTUM POOP. Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, Doctor Poopet, prematurely stepped into the Poop Accelerator and vanished. He awoke to find himself in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own. Fortunately, contact with his own bowels was made through brainwave transmissions, with Al the Poop Observer, who appeared in the form of a hologram that only Doctor Poopet could see and hear. Trapped in the past, Doctor Poopet finds himself pooping from life to life, pooping things right, that once went wrong and hoping each time, that his next poop will be the poop home.

#3 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:44 PM

ICE's final book will features every human on earth turning their swords into plowshares, and then the Karsa trilogy will just be Karsa walking around the globe with a bored army facing no opposition whatsoever. Can't wait!
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#4 User is offline   End of Disc One 

• House Knight

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:49 PM

Can a mod change the topic title?

#5 User is offline   koehkont 

• Sergeant

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:50 PM

Your titel is kind of a spoiler in the topic list on the main page

#6 User is offline   Grief 

• Prophet of High House Mafia
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:55 PM

Please don't put spoilers in the topic title, they're visible on the main page. I've edited this title.

Also general spoiler policy is that spoilers from any book later than that of the forum you're posting in should be put in spoiler tags, as such:

[spoiler] Spoiler here. [/spoiler] 

-Grief.

Cougar said:

Grief, FFS will you do something with your sig, it's bloody awful

worry said:

Grief is right (until we abolish capitalism).

#7 User is offline   nacht 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:57 PM

There is a good dicussion of this here.

http://forum.malazan...-seconds-fight/

This post has been edited by nacht: 10 December 2013 - 03:57 AM

#8 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:59 PM

Opops13, on 09 December 2013 - 09:21 PM, said:

...Does the fact that he refuses to fight make him more powerful than the others? ...

Yes. Because he could, and chose not to. Jan wanted to be first (more or less, i know it was more complex) and knew he could fight his way to it, and so he didn't get it.
Das never even thought about it, and that made him more worthy to the Seguleh, because... and i'm guessing to an extent... once you can win any fight, the value is in choosing your fights.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#9 User is offline   nacht 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:01 AM

Abyss, on 09 December 2013 - 10:59 PM, said:

once you can win any fight, the value is in choosing your fights.

This should be added to the "collected teachings/musing/wisdom of Abyss" :-)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users