Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:10 PM

Ha ha ha that Gif is hilarious!!

#62 User is offline   Dejim Nebrahl 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:12 PM

For now I am going to vote here...

View PostEloth, on 11 December 2013 - 04:45 AM, said:

ok I'm back finally. we still have like five/ten minutes right?

View PostEloth, on 11 December 2013 - 04:50 AM, said:

ok quick thoughts as time is short.

View PostDesra, on 10 December 2013 - 09:45 AM, said:

View PostKalse, on 10 December 2013 - 07:28 AM, said:

View PostPath-Shaper, on 09 December 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

After years of war, the Land of Meat and Potatoes was at peace, though it was a fragile peace. Potatoes had finally torn down the Meat's tyrannical regime, banishing them to The Beef Gravy-yard, a desolate wasteland east of the lush Potato Garden. But you can only keep someone down for so long before they retaliate.

So the potatoes have finally fulfilled their Emerald fantasy of flinging over the Meats. Do the Sir Loins bleed in red or orange? But as ever occurs the foliage is not disciplined enough to handle the Orangeman and their vile sycophants. The arrogance of the Orange must be turned against them.

Orangemen? Next thing you'll be starting a march

Vote Kalse

For bringing religion into the holy spat between 2 meat and 1 veg family. Oh wait...

at first I kind of agreed that this was a bogus vote, and it still kind of is, but what the fuck is kalse talking about with the red/orange colors, orangemen, etc? it's weird day 1 bullshit to spout unless there's some reasoning behind it. so i don't like kalse's post at all here but there's no train so it's pointless.

View PostRyllandaras, on 10 December 2013 - 08:25 PM, said:

View PostTholen, on 10 December 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

View PostDejim Nebrahl, on 10 December 2013 - 03:53 PM, said:

Ha ha. Speak of a devil and (s)he shall rise.

incredibly busy, since I've got 3 rush tasks on my plate all of a sudden. I'm also feeling like crap. if we need a Day 1 pseudo-lynch, I'm of half a mind to volunteer

That wouldn't be real helpful (unless you're just bluffing, of course).

The problem is that usually by the time we're down to so few people, we've already picked up a lot of information. In this game, looks like P-S has more posts than everyone else combined.

god, anyone who volunteers to be lynched should be lynched. what the fuck.

vote tholen

Eloth comes on and states there is only 5 - 10 minutes left, yet takes another 5 minutes to lay a fucking vote down. As you can see from PS update, his vote didn't count.

Vote Eloth

#63 User is offline   Desra 

• Recruit

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:54 PM

View PostDejim Nebrahl, on 11 December 2013 - 05:12 PM, said:

After years of war, the Land of Meat and Potatoes was at peace, though it was a fragile peace. Potatoes had finally torn down the Meat's tyrannical regime, banishing them to The Beef Gravy-yard, a desolate wasteland east of the lush Potato Garden. But you can only keep someone down for so long before they retaliate.

So the potatoes have finally fulfilled their Emerald fantasy of flinging over the Meats. Do the Sir Loins bleed in red or orange? But as ever occurs the foliage is not disciplined enough to handle the Orangeman and their vile sycophants. The arrogance of the Orange must be turned against them.

Vote Kalse

For bringing religion into the holy spat between 2 meat and 1 veg family. Oh wait...

at first I kind of agreed that this was a bogus vote, and it still kind of is, but what the fuck is kalse talking about with the red/orange colors, orangemen, etc? it's weird day 1 bullshit to spout unless there's some reasoning behind it. so i don't like kalse's post at all here but there's no train so it's pointless.

incredibly busy, since I've got 3 rush tasks on my plate all of a sudden. I'm also feeling like crap. if we need a Day 1 pseudo-lynch, I'm of half a mind to volunteer

The problem is that usually by the time we're down to so few people, we've already picked up a lot of information. In this game, looks like P-S has more posts than everyone else combined.

vote tholen

Eloth comes on and states there is only 5 - 10 minutes left, yet takes another 5 minutes to lay a fucking vote down. As you can see from PS update, his vote didn't count.

Vote Eloth

Agreed, most dodgy thing on thread so far.

Vote Eloth

I suspect the lack of notice is contributing to the low pace - I at least saw the update in the signup thread before it started, many may not have. It is also rapidly approaching Christmas.

#64 User is offline   Kalse 

• Recruit

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:01 PM

Vote Kalse

Weird day 1 bullshit?? Day 1 bullshit is always weird. This was ethnic stereotyping. A clan of Irish potatoes overthrowing the tyrannical English meat? It writes itself.

#65 User is offline   Kalse 

• Recruit

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:13 PM

vote tholen

Vote Eloth

He only had 3 minutes going by the PS timestamp. Which does not invalidate your point but I'll not put him at l2 this early in the game day.

#66 User is offline   Eloth 

• Recruit

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:19 PM

View PostRyllandaras, on 11 December 2013 - 08:44 AM, said:

You know what?

Vote Eloth.

Because that was just too wanting a case to vote for someone who claiming to volunteer to vote themselves off.

ok, what? two things - first, someone who volunteers to be lynched isn't helping town at all. if they truly could not play and help town, it would be better to ask for a modkill than let everyone waste a whole day and a lynch on an RI who doesn't have time to play. makes no sense. second, it was obviously implied that part of the tholen vote was that it was the only train at all and the timer was almost up. why vote anywhere else on day 1 without a good reason or a case? see more comments below on this.

View PostDenesmet, on 11 December 2013 - 04:03 PM, said:

View PostDejim Nebrahl, on 11 December 2013 - 03:43 PM, said:

View PostDenesmet, on 11 December 2013 - 02:26 PM, said:

So what is the deal with the high number of modkills lately? Is RL just getting too crazy?

On a more of a serious note, can you tell me why you voted elsewhere ie so that we wouldn't get a lynch?

I don't think my vote would have gotten you the lynch, that would have just put Tholen at L1. The Tholen train was completely random, so I voted where there was some quasi reasoning. Without interaction we didn't have even a shitty day one case, it was the poops poop.

ok, this is such utter bullshit. you voted nimander almost 4 hours before timeout on a slow day 1 with no activity and 3/6 votes needed for a lynch already on kalse. you tell me how in fuck this makes any sense at all. are we seriously back to debating whether or not it's a good idea to lynch on day 1 regardless of not having information? do you know how we get information? lynching. and if you HAD voted tholen and my vote had counted, you're right, we would have only needed ONE MORE VOTE for a lynch. and you throw this away based on a comment about dragons and potatoes? that is seriously "quasi reasoning" to you? there is absolutely no foundation for your nimander vote, and it actively countered town's interests. suspicious vote is suspicious.

View PostDesra, on 11 December 2013 - 05:54 PM, said:

Vote Kalse

vote tholen

Vote Eloth

Agreed, most dodgy thing on thread so far.

Vote Eloth

I suspect the lack of notice is contributing to the low pace - I at least saw the update in the signup thread before it started, many may not have. It is also rapidly approaching Christmas.

following what I said above, how is this dodgy at all? I was rereading the thread and making a few comments and even stopped to post my vote before I was done to try to get in under the timer (not that it would have mattered, i would not have been the hammer even if denesmet had put an ounce of thought into his vote). this is stupid logic, especially when you consider how denesmet voted and continues to defend his vote for nimander.

vote denesmet

day 1 vote was totally off the mark, had no foundation, and he's still defending it, when in reality it could have potentially given us a lynch on day 1 instead of wasting it on some stupid fucking one-liner about dragons, which looks a lot like trying to derail the train or at least prevent the tholen lynch. it's possible denesmet was deflecting from tholen or just trying to derail any lynch at all, since, of course, lynching benefits town. nice work... :D

#67 User is offline   Eloth 

• Recruit

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:25 PM

View PostKalse, on 11 December 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

Vote Kalse

Weird day 1 bullshit?? Day 1 bullshit is always weird. This was ethnic stereotyping. A clan of Irish potatoes overthrowing the tyrannical English meat? It writes itself.

i was making the same point about day 1 bullshit - however, i did not pick up on any irish/english stereotyping, so it seemed unusually odd to me. I still don't get the cultural references now other than some association between the irish and potatoes. i also was confused by desra's reply but forgot to mention it. religion/holy spat? made no sense to me without this irish/english context you're referring to. hence my day 1 comments.

#68 User is offline   Denesmet 

• Recruit

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:05 PM

View PostDejim Nebrahl, on 11 December 2013 - 05:09 PM, said:

View PostDenesmet, on 11 December 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

View PostDejim Nebrahl, on 11 December 2013 - 04:40 PM, said:

So what is the deal with the high number of modkills lately? Is RL just getting too crazy?

On a more of a serious note, can you tell me why you voted elsewhere ie so that we wouldn't get a lynch?

I don't think my vote would have gotten you the lynch, that would have just put Tholen at L1. The Tholen train was completely random, so I voted where there was some quasi reasoning. Without interaction we didn't have even a shitty day one case, it was the poops poop.

I agree, it's like a dead thread yet surely taking our chance to lynch a player is better than not taking it?

There isn't much to read up on at the moment but you have to say that too many people use the self vote, woe is me line these days rather than defend themselves or actually give us something to work with. Do you now PI Tholen?

Zombie Potato

Nonsense. None of you are PI until I read it in SH. I just didn't think it was worth voting.

Regardless of how shitty the vote was, are you saying you'd not vote a shit case? We needed to start somewhere. Now we are reliving yesterday somewhat with less players.

Actually NOW we have more to go off of. I think that based on responses we will have much more to go on this time around.

#69 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:33 PM

It is now Day 2. 29 hours 32 minutes remaining.

8 Players still alive: Dejim Nebrahl, Denesmet, Desra, Eloth, Kalse, Nimander Golit, Ryllandaras, Tholen

5 votes to lynch, 4 votes to go to night.

2 votes Eloth: Dejim Nebrahl, Desra
1 vote Denesmet: Eloth

Players not voted: Denesmet, Kalse, Nimander Golit, Ryllandaras, Tholen
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#70 User is offline   Eloth 

• Recruit

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:58 PM

denesmet, nothing to say about derailing the tholen train or your random vote? nothing at all?

#71 User is offline   Eloth 

• Recruit

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:04 PM

reading back this is is a total bullshit explanation. we were 4 hours from the end of a 36 hour day with half the votes needed to lynch, and you somehow magically knew that your vote wouldn't get tholen lynched? you could not possibly have known that, so that doesn't stand up at all. the tholen train was not completely random - he offered to be lynched, actually (THE OPPOSITE OF RANDOM) - and you did not vote where there was any reasoning, quasi or otherwise. you say there wasn't even a shitty day one case, but rather than lynch someone who ASKED to be lynched you decided your vote was better placed where there was NO case at all? help me understand this madness.

#72 User is offline   Desra 

• Recruit

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:51 PM

View PostEloth, on 11 December 2013 - 06:25 PM, said:

i was making the same point about day 1 bullshit - however, i did not pick up on any irish/english stereotyping, so it seemed unusually odd to me. I still don't get the cultural references now other than some association between the irish and potatoes. i also was confused by desra's reply but forgot to mention it. religion/holy spat? made no sense to me without this irish/english context you're referring to. hence my day 1 comments.

Orangemen, particularly the section "Relationship with loyalist paramilitaries" but also referencing Politics, also parades in Interface areas, particularly Drumcree.

The Orange Order are Unionists, wanting the honourable potatoes of Ireland to remain firmly under the thumb of the English rosbifs.

I posit this is signalling.

I'm on and off for the next few hours

#73 User is offline   Denesmet 

• Recruit

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:51 PM

View PostEloth, on 11 December 2013 - 09:04 PM, said:

reading back this is is a total bullshit explanation. we were 4 hours from the end of a 36 hour day with half the votes needed to lynch, and you somehow magically knew that your vote wouldn't get tholen lynched? you could not possibly have known that, so that doesn't stand up at all. the tholen train was not completely random - he offered to be lynched, actually (THE OPPOSITE OF RANDOM) - and you did not vote where there was any reasoning, quasi or otherwise. you say there wasn't even a shitty day one case, but rather than lynch someone who ASKED to be lynched you decided your vote was better placed where there was NO case at all? help me understand this madness.

No we were 4 hours away from a lynch that didn't have much momentum, nor much of a case, so I supplied an alternative.

#74 User is offline   Denesmet 

• Recruit

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:10 AM

View PostDesra, on 11 December 2013 - 10:51 PM, said:

Orangemen, particularly the section "Relationship with loyalist paramilitaries" but also referencing Politics, also parades in Interface areas, particularly Drumcree.

The Orange Order are Unionists, wanting the honourable potatoes of Ireland to remain firmly under the thumb of the English rosbifs.

Interesting possibility on the signalling. If he were a symp then who is his master?

#75 User is offline   Denesmet 

• Recruit

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:21 AM

Vote Kalse

View PostDenesmet, on 12 December 2013 - 12:10 AM, said:

Interesting possibility on the signalling. If he were a symp then who is his master?

That is funny that you (Desra) should call this signalling, when you responded and voted Kalse.

#76 User is offline   Desra 

• Recruit

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:23 AM

^The post itself.

Quoting PS so that line is out. Previous post was Ryllandaras, Tholen before that. Nimander and Denesmet before them, the only other posters at that point.

Doesn't need to be aimed at anyone in particular, just making it known for anyone looking closely enough, like a killer on the look out.

Emerald is another Ireland reference. Potatoes flinging over the meats refers to the creation of the Irish Free State. East of Ireland is the UK, home of the rosbif - Roast Beefs - from the French name for the English.

#77 User is offline   Desra 

• Recruit

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:26 AM

View PostDenesmet, on 12 December 2013 - 12:21 AM, said:

Vote Kalse

That is funny that you (Desra) should call this signalling, when you responded and voted Kalse.

Indeed, because I considered it to be signalling at the time. I didn't realise how many people wouldn't recognise (or research) the references. Tholen was gaining speed so rather than hold and risk a no lynch I switched. At the time I only recognised the Orange reference, the rest twigged today.

#78 User is offline   Denesmet 

• Recruit

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:44 AM

View PostDesra, on 12 December 2013 - 12:26 AM, said:

Vote Kalse

Indeed, because I considered it to be signalling at the time. I didn't realise how many people wouldn't recognise (or research) the references. Tholen was gaining speed so rather than hold and risk a no lynch I switched. At the time I only recognised the Orange reference, the rest twigged today.

But if he (Kalse) signalled, you appear to be the only one to have responded.

#79 User is offline   Desra 

• Recruit

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:47 AM

View PostDenesmet, on 12 December 2013 - 12:44 AM, said:

View PostDesra, on 12 December 2013 - 12:26 AM, said:

Vote Kalse

But if he (Kalse) signalled, you appear to be the only one to have responded.

If I was a killer I don't need to respond. I take the knowledge onboard and work with it. Were it one of the killers signalling then they're a fucktard.

#80 User is offline   Dejim Nebrahl 

• Recruit

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:33 AM

Only 5 people have actually posted today. Where does that leave us? Tholen, Ryll and Nimander need to step up their game. Just going to do a quick read on each of these. I don't know what to make of the back and forth between Eloth, Desra and Denesmet. More to come on that as well.

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users