• View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 12 October 2016 - 11:09 AM

View PostPLUGO, on 11 October 2016 - 08:23 PM, said:

View PostDolmen 2.0, on 30 September 2016 - 09:47 PM, said:

Posted Image

Taya and Vorcan. Perhaps I need to workshop the name.

I just realized Taya is the Harley Quinn of the Malazan world.

Broken Link? Been working on some Malazan inspired pieces for Inktober. I will post scans next.

thanks and fixed :p

I also did something for Inktober:

Posted Image

It's inspired by Stonewielder
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#302 User is offline   PLUGO 

• Lieutenant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 14 October 2016 - 09:22 PM

I also did something for Inktober:

Posted Image

It's inspired by Stonewielder

Oh that's great! I've been working on a handful for Inktober as well. Mostly based on my read of Return of the Crimson Guard. About to post one I Jazzed up.

This post has been edited by PLUGO: 14 October 2016 - 09:23 PM

#303 User is offline   PLUGO 

• Lieutenant

Posted 19 October 2016 - 12:08 AM

INKtober continues and I'm catching up on some scans. Here's one a finished not too long ago but figured I'd add a bit of Crimson to liven up the drawing. I don't remember the characters' names but I remember enjoying this scene quite a bit - The conversation between Ghelel & the Marchland Sentries and the pair of Crimson Guard guarding the pilgrim's road (Book 2 Chapter 4 according to the Wiki). Didn't quite figure out what their names were.

Attached File  Crimson-Guard.jpg (717.83K)
Number of downloads: 1

I'm going to have to start including some color on the actual page for the next INKTOBER drawing.

Also, if you're interested I posted a Time-Lapse video of this drawing on my Tumblr - check it out.

This post has been edited by PLUGO: 19 October 2016 - 12:08 AM

#304 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 19 October 2016 - 03:28 PM

I had a quick look into RotCG. The pages just fell out of the book. Goddamn cheap paperbacks.

Anyway. That should be Lean and Cole Posted Image

Looks great. I will add it to the wiki

#305 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery

Posted 23 October 2016 - 08:55 PM

PLUGO! excellent RtoCG art!

So in a rush of procrastination from studying I started sketching out ideas for a forumn 2017 project.

I want us to character art as many of the crimson guard as possible.
Those I can think of are:

Prince K'azz D'vore
Shimmer
Skinner
Iron Bars
Cowl
Mare
Fingers
Smokey
Corlo
Schell (sp?)
Blues
Lean
Black
Black the lesser
Stoop
Trench

-------
Kyle
Badlands
Coots
Greymane

We obviously can't draw/sketch art all the CG, but maybe we can manage a blade each?

Then we can try something similar with the bonehunters, the Seguleh, The Moranth?
Any artist interested just let me know and we can work this all out into some sort of plan.
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#306 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 23 October 2016 - 09:06 PM

View PostDolmen 2.0, on 23 October 2016 - 08:55 PM, said:

PLUGO! excellent RtoCG art!

So in a rush of procrastination from studying I started sketching out ideas for a forumn 2017 project.

I want us to character art as many of the crimson guard as possible.
Those I can think of are:

Prince K'azz D'vore
Shimmer
Skinner
Iron Bars
Cowl
Mara
Fingers
Smokey
Corlo
Shell/Shellar
Blues
Lean
Black
Black the lesser
Stoop
Trench

-------
Kyle
Badlands
Coots
Greymane

We obviously can't draw/sketch art all the CG, but maybe we can manage a blade each?

Then we can try something similar with the bonehunters, the Seguleh, The Moranth?
Any artist interested just let me know and we can work this all out into some sort of plan.

Great idea Posted Image

This post has been edited by - Coltaine -: 24 October 2016 - 06:48 AM

#307 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery

Posted 23 October 2016 - 09:17 PM

Glad you think so :unsure:

I'm gonna try drop character descriptions in spoiler tags within that comment and When everythings set Will create a thread.

Please (anyone interested) help us find character descriptions or just tell me where to find them and I'll quote and/or retype as necessary.

#308 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery

Posted 24 October 2016 - 05:44 AM

We just got an artist onboard via PM, They'll be taking Badlands, Coots and Stalker with ereko and Traveler included in the mix...possibly young Kyle aswell?

Yes. yes this looks to be a real project now, not just an excuse to dodge my books. :unsure:

Please feel free to give me a heads up on any artists that may need badgering.
Maybe we can set it up as an event on both DA-Wiki and MAG?

Will make the Project thread once I have an artist for each character on my list.
A list I'll be updating as the conversation flows.

#309 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 24 October 2016 - 07:46 AM

Prince K'azz D'Avore -> looks now like an old man

Shimmer -> small, long midnight black hair, black eyes under narrow slanted lids, blue skin <- She is latter described as Kanese, not Napanese

Skinner -> tall, long black iron mail with a black surcoat, alsmost black surcoat with petals displaying Ardatas heraldy. (RotCG, Book 1, Chapter 4/5)
reddish-blond hair and a face marked with scars (BaB)

Iron Bars -> burly, scarred (RotCG, Book 1, Chapter 4), grey hair (?)

Cowl -> Hatchet faced, blue curled tattos at his chin, pearly knife scars at his neck (RotCG, Book 1, Chapter 1)

Mara -> DaL Honese, Kinky Hair

Fingers -> looks like a teen, narrow hatchet face, thin, tall, thick black hair (GotM, Chapter 23)

Smokey -> short, spidery man with wild, kinky black hair and a rat-thin mustache, from Cawn (RotCG, Book 1, Chapter I)
In DL he had a different description, if I remember correctly. Need to check.

Corlo -> Round face (RotCG, Book 2, Chapter 1), now one missing leg below the knee.

Shell -> Blond, good-looking, looks like she is in her 20s (Stonewielder, Chapter 9)

Blues -> Napanese, tall (GotM Chapter 23)

Lean -> very short, broad (RotCG, Book 2, Chapter IV)

Cole -> Tall man, sharp teeths (RoTCG, Book 2, Chapter IV)

Black -> Napanese

Black the lesser -> Napanese

Stoop -> brush-cut hair, pale, colourless eyes, one arm missing below the elbow (RotCG, Book 1, Chapter I), He was already in his sixties when he made the vow.

Trench -> Falari

-------
Kyle -> Mustache, squat with long limbs, long black hair, resembles a wickan, in Assail asked if he was born in Seven Cities -> brown complexion ?

Badlands -> burly as a bear, extraordinarily hairy with wild grizzled hair and ferociously scarred, nut brown complexion

Coots -> older, mostly bald, grey hair, beard braided and tied off in small tails, nut brown complexion

Stalker -> sandy hair, blond mustache, bright hazel eyes (RotCG, Book 1, Chapter I)

Greymane -> "He was described as a huge man, with broad shoulders, trunk-like legs, a flattened nose, heavy mouth, deeply set grey-blue eyes, long, grey hair and skin with a dark-berry hue. His massive chest was "covered in a pelt of grey hair" while "black hair covered his thick arms"." Quoted from the wiki

I think there are plenty more descirptions in the books. This is the info from the wiki + things I'm remberering

This post has been edited by - Coltaine -: 24 October 2016 - 04:48 PM

#310 User is offline   Corporal Nobbs 

• First Sword

Posted 24 October 2016 - 08:51 AM

I'll be up for this
Rejoice. For very bad things are about to happen

#311 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery

Posted 24 October 2016 - 04:46 PM

View Post- Coltaine -, on 24 October 2016 - 07:46 AM, said:

Shimmer -> small, long midnight black hair, black eyes under narrow slanted lids, blue skin <- She is latter described as Kanese, not Napanese
Skinner -> tall, long black iron mail with a black surcoat, alsmost black surcoat with petals displaying Ardatas heraldy. (RotCG, Book 1, Chapter 4/5)
reddish-blond hair and a face marked with scars (BaB)Iron Bars -> burly, scarred (RotCG, Book 1, Chapter 4), grey hair (?)
Cowl -> Hatchet faced, blue curled tattos at his chin, pearly knife scars at his neck (RotCG, Book 1, Chapter 1)
Fingers -> looks like a teen, narrow hatchet face, thin, tall, thick black hair (GotM, Chapter 23)
Smokey -> short, spidery man with wild, kinky black hair and a rat-thin mustache, from Cawn (RotCG, Book 1, Chapter I)
Corlo -> Round face (RotCG, Book 2, Chapter 1), now one missing leg below the knee.
Shell -> Blond, good-looking, looks like she is in her 20s (Stonewielder, Chapter 9)
Black -> Napanese
Stoop -> brush-cut hair, pale, colourless eyes, one arm missing below the elbow (RotCG, Book 1, Chapter I), He was already in his sixties when he made the vow.
Trench -> Falari
-------
Kyle -> Mustache, squat with long limby, long black hair, resembles a wickan, in Assail asked if he was born in Seven Cities -> brown complexion ?
Badlands -> burly as a bear, extraordinarily hairy with wild grizzled hair and ferociously scarred, nut brown complexion
Coots -> older, mostly bald, grey hair, beard braided and tied off in small tails, nut brown complexion
Stalker -> sandy hair, blond mustache, bright hazel eyes (RotCG, Book 1, Chapter I)
Greymane -> "He was described as a huge man, with broad shoulders, trunk-like legs, a flattened nose, heavy mouth, deeply set grey-blue eyes, long, grey hair and skin with a dark-berry hue. His massive chest was "covered in a pelt of grey hair" while "black hair covered his thick arms"." Quoted from the wiki

I think there are plenty more descriptions in the books. This is the info from the wiki + things I'm remembering

AWESOME! really helpful post!

Tons of diversity and artistic licence. My first order of business is to work out what the CG uniform looks like in my own head.

View PostCorporal Nobbs, on 24 October 2016 - 08:51 AM, said:

I'll be up for this

Welcome aboard!

I remember you're Comic/Book title entry. That's the kind of thing I really look forward to seeing!

FYI

some artists in my PM have ceded their claim on characters so whilst I may inform you what other artists will be doing that does not mean you cant do it too,

No reason not to have five versions of Shimmer. No reason at all.

Lets have fun with this one :unsure:

in other news:

Posted Image

My last Inktober submission.
But seeing stuff on pinterest and DA has made me think my Ink game has a LOT to be desired.

#312 User is offline   PLUGO 

• Lieutenant

Posted 24 October 2016 - 08:09 PM

View PostDolmen 2.0, on 24 October 2016 - 04:46 PM, said:

View Post- Coltaine -, on 24 October 2016 - 07:46 AM, said:

reddish-blond hair and a face marked with scars (BaB)Iron Bars -> burly, scarred (RotCG, Book 1, Chapter 4), grey hair (?)
Black -> Napanese
Trench -> Falari
-------
Kyle -> Mustache, squat with long limby, long black hair, resembles a wickan, in Assail asked if he was born in Seven Cities -> brown complexion ?

I think there are plenty more descriptions in the books. This is the info from the wiki + things I'm remembering

AWESOME! really helpful post!

Tons of diversity and artistic licence. My first order of business is to work out what the CG uniform looks like in my own head.

View PostCorporal Nobbs, on 24 October 2016 - 08:51 AM, said:

I'll be up for this

Welcome aboard!

I remember you're Comic/Book title entry. That's the kind of thing I really look forward to seeing!

FYI

some artists in my PM have ceded their claim on characters so whilst I may inform you what other artists will be doing that does not mean you cant do it too,

No reason not to have five versions of Shimmer. No reason at all.

Lets have fun with this one :unsure:

in other news:

Posted Image

My last Inktober submission.
But seeing stuff on pinterest and DA has made me think my Ink game has a LOT to be desired.

Another nice one. I'm game for more characters designs/illustrations. Inktober has been a grewat excuse to generate more such images. Just finished Nate from RotCG and I have another I'm excited to share - Just gotta get the scans done and post them. Would love to take a crack at Iron Bars sometime soon as wel!

#313 User is offline   PLUGO 

• Lieutenant

Posted 24 October 2016 - 08:26 PM

I couldn't wait, so I'll just post a screen capture of a fun one I posted to my Instagram. I'll post a high-rez version of this one and another one for posterity later on.

Until then - I give you Sargent Jumpy!

Attached File  NATE-instagram.JPG (437.28K)
Number of downloads: 0

This post has been edited by PLUGO: 24 October 2016 - 08:28 PM

#314 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery

Posted 25 October 2016 - 03:48 AM

I was just saying the other day how shocking it is Jumpy doesnt get enough love.

Nate is a legend! Very nice work Plugo! Ok I'll jot you down for Ironbars then.

Can I get you in on Cole too? They're kinda a package set...

#315 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 25 October 2016 - 04:40 AM

*Cough* Nait *Cough* Corlo *Cough* :unsure:

Yes, Jumpy deserves more love. And Clip a kick as he is Clip. Both look great by the way

#316 User is offline   PLUGO 

• Lieutenant

Posted 25 October 2016 - 07:34 PM

View PostDolmen 2.0, on 25 October 2016 - 03:48 AM, said:

I was just saying the other day how shocking it is Jumpy doesnt get enough love.

Nate is a legend! Very nice work Plugo! Ok I'll jot you down for Ironbars then.

Can I get you in on Cole too? They're kinda a package set...

Oh Cool, Sure Iron Bars & (did you mean) Corlo (? instead of Cole) would make a great pair. I've found it really satisfying drawing characters in pairs, it's a chance to compare and contrast. Though some characters deserve some singular love!

So here's the wiki appropriate version of Sergeant Jumpy, post High-Rez scan and a little photoshop touch-ups.

Attached File  Sargent-Jumpy.jpg (1.13MB)
Number of downloads: 1

This post has been edited by PLUGO: 25 October 2016 - 07:50 PM

#317 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 25 October 2016 - 09:23 PM

Thanks Posted Image

Already added

This post has been edited by - Coltaine -: 25 October 2016 - 09:32 PM

#318 User is offline   PLUGO 

• Lieutenant

Posted 25 October 2016 - 11:40 PM

So I've finished reading Return of the Crimson Guard, which means this is probably the last of my INKtober pieces inspired by that book. It's the one I'm most proud of as there's no photoshop going on.

"Is your boat for sale?" "No, but it is for hire."

Attached File  ErekoTraveller-and-Boat.jpg (538.24K)
Number of downloads: 2

#319 User is offline   Cristheren 

• Recruit

Posted 03 January 2017 - 06:45 PM

Your art work is frickin awesome!!!!Its just inspiring to see!!!

#320 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:32 PM

Practice

Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 21 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

9 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users