• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

+Artwork Cheers

#221 User is offline   Corporal Nobbs 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 19 June 2016 - 03:47 PM

Blend

By hue of skin, by cast of features, by any obvious measure one might find, there was nothing that differentiated the woman from any local Daru or Gadrobi, yet he knew, instantly. A Malazan, and a veteran. A damned marine." -thoughts of Barathol Mekhar

This post has been edited by Corporal Nobbs: 19 June 2016 - 03:48 PM

Rejoice. For very bad things are about to happen

#222 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 19 June 2016 - 04:08 PM

heh, my girl has been running, falling, then running again. Which is fine until she runs into furniture.

Ok as promised:

Posted Image

full size if you're on DA: St.ash link

Thanks guys! this stuff is so easy to miss! It's clear one of em has curly hair...I need to revise this anyways. maybe curl up Pickers hair.

It'd be fun to try Older versions of the two but for now I'm keeping with the MoI versions.

This post has been edited by Dolmen 2.0: 20 June 2016 - 03:56 AM

“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#223 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 19 June 2016 - 06:01 PM

Looks Great :)

#224 User is offline   Itwćs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 19 June 2016 - 06:15 PM

I tried to look up the curly hair but I can't find it

On the other hand, I found that Blend's armour of choice as of TTH was apparently chain hauberk if you wanted to really stick to books(ofcourse she could have preferred other armor in MoI)

'I'm not sure,' she replied, laying out her chain hauberk on the bed, then pulling off her shirt to find the padded undergarment.

Kindle Locations 10874-10875

All things fall from kings to rose petals

#225 User is offline   Egwene 

• Emperor

Posted 19 June 2016 - 08:07 PM

I am trying to add all the tiny details of appearance etc. to the Wiki but it has taken me about a year and a half to complete the fine-tooth-combe-editing of the first six chapters of GotM, lol. At this rate, I should finish by the time I am a hundred and fifty! I keep getting side-tracked by other projects *sigh*

Have looked for Blend/curly hair but doing an e-book search has thrown up no results in that direction. Nor did black hair come up in connection with those two.

Glad your depiction is different from that of CN. When there isn't that much to go on, it ought to be - unless the two of you are identical twins who always think along the same lines... and have hidden that until now :)

#226 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery

Posted 20 June 2016 - 04:05 AM

View PostCorporal Nobbs, on 19 June 2016 - 03:47 PM, said:

Blend

By hue of skin, by cast of features, by any obvious measure one might find, there was nothing that differentiated the woman from any local Daru or Gadrobi, yet he knew, instantly. A Malazan, and a veteran. A damned marine." -thoughts of Barathol Mekhar

Whoa!

Just saw this! hmmn Gardrobi/Daru similar in features to Middle eastern/North African?

So many questions now. Where did these women come from! ok will try edit her to suit...

This post has been edited by Dolmen 2.0: 20 June 2016 - 04:05 AM

“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#227 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 20 June 2016 - 05:43 AM

View PostDolmen 2.0, on 20 June 2016 - 04:05 AM, said:

View PostCorporal Nobbs, on 19 June 2016 - 03:47 PM, said:

Blend

Whoa!

Just saw this! hmmn Gardrobi/Daru similar in features to Middle eastern/North African?

So many questions now. Where did these women come from! ok will try edit her to suit...

The people in the North of Genabackis were described to have a lighter skin colour than the people of Genabackis and Rallick Nom thought that Kalam could also have been from Callows or a city more to the south due to his dark skin. So something in between I think. Middle/Near eastern or North Africa may fit.

#228 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery

Posted 24 June 2016 - 12:02 PM

Ok I've revised them a bit. I also read Chapter 2 of Memories of Ice. I have a better image of the characters concerned soooo....

Posted Image

Crisper version, more ethnic I think.

If we're all happy I'm gonna use these characters in my new scene, (well I'll try.)

#229 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 24 June 2016 - 05:17 PM

Looks great. I like both. But I still can't find the curly hair. I guess that's the disadvantage of good old books. :D

#230 User is offline   Itwćs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 24 June 2016 - 05:31 PM

View Post- Coltaine -, on 24 June 2016 - 05:17 PM, said:

Looks great. I like both. But I still can't find the curly hair. I guess that's the disadvantage of good old books. :D

It's on her's head

This post has been edited by Itwćs Nom: 24 June 2016 - 05:32 PM

All things fall from kings to rose petals

#231 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery

Posted 30 June 2016 - 03:54 PM

So here's the first pass of that Torcs scene:

Posted Image

#232 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 30 June 2016 - 08:30 PM

Lookin' good!

#233 User is offline   Egwene 

• Emperor

Posted 30 June 2016 - 09:43 PM

This is going to be a great image, Dolmen. One of the few as well to capture the humorous side of the books!

A couple of observations: not so sure about Blend looking up - without having the book at hand... I would have thought her eyes would be focused on the torcs... and Picker's skin looks maybe a little too flawless for a seasoned veteran...

other than that... loving it already :Rodeo:

#234 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 30 June 2016 - 10:07 PM

Nice :Rodeo:

#235 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 30 June 2016 - 10:31 PM

View PostEgwene, on 30 June 2016 - 09:43 PM, said:

This is going to be a great image, Dolmen. One of the few as well to capture the humorous side of the books!

A couple of observations: not so sure about Blend looking up - without having the book at hand... I would have thought her eyes would be focused on the torcs... and Picker's skin looks maybe a little too flawless for a seasoned veteran...

I thought that Blend is trying not to laugh. Not looking at Picker could help with that. :)

Something that just attracted my attention: Why has Blend always one eye closed? ;)

#236 User is offline   misteradam 

• Paint Sniffer
  • View gallery

Posted 01 July 2016 - 12:32 PM

awesome!

#237 User is offline   Egwene 

• Emperor

Posted 01 July 2016 - 12:54 PM

View Post- Coltaine -, on 30 June 2016 - 10:31 PM, said:

I thought that Blend is trying not to laugh. Not looking at Picker could help with that. :)

Something that just attracted my attention: Why has Blend always one eye closed? ;)

It's just that when I am trying to copy her motion, it somehow doesn't work. I can't grin with one eye closed, looking up - well, at least it takes a fair bit of effort. Maybe sideways would be more natural ;)

#238 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery

Posted 01 July 2016 - 01:47 PM

View PostEgwene, on 01 July 2016 - 12:54 PM, said:

It's just that when I am trying to copy her motion, it somehow doesn't work. I can't grin with one eye closed, looking up - well, at least it takes a fair bit of effort. Maybe sideways would be more natural ;)

If we were having regular Malazans anonymous meetings you'd quickly realize that this expression => ;)
is the default setting in my family. I apologize in advance for the quirky faces now flooding my paintings.

I'm glad people more or less get Blends expression. in the books you could tell she was trying not to crack up. That's why she's awesome.

#239 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 02 July 2016 - 06:42 AM

View PostDolmen 2.0, on 01 July 2016 - 01:47 PM, said:

View PostEgwene, on 01 July 2016 - 12:54 PM, said:

If we were having regular Malazans anonymous meetings you'd quickly realize that this expression => ;)
is the default setting in my family. I apologize in advance for the quirky faces now flooding my paintings.

I'm glad people more or less get Blends expression. in the books you could tell she was trying not to crack up. That's why she's awesome.

I guess you have a funny family. ;)

#240 User is offline   Egwene 

• Emperor

Posted 05 July 2016 - 06:56 PM

Oh, I got the cracking-up bit - probably should have mentioned it but I thought it so obvious, Dolmen totally nailed that... I am just questioning the direction the other eye is looking at. Hope that makes it a bit clearer. I am pretty good at the winking bit (I am sure my father taught me when I was a kid - still remember being chuffed I could do it, lol) and I think the closed eye and the face as such are perfect - only the direction the open eye is looking seems to be too high...

Share this topic:

• 21 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users