#102 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:31 PM

Dolmen Weeks, on 26 March 2014 - 05:21 AM, said:

Blacksword Visits.

Finally finished this piece. ...
Anyways hope you guys like it! We had a blast.

Holy.
Fucking.
Artfuck.

That's... awesome.
I get your point re multiple opponents but fuckit, that's so neat.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#103 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:58 AM

Call the multiple opponents thing an artistic license! :p But re: canon, I'm fairly sure having a higher rank waiting to step in is correct. I think the only reason he stopped at 7 was that he was shattered after a day of basically better and better opponents coming against him. My personal theory is that he could have made it to 1st, had he done it properly and known more about the way of challenges (ie come back to challenge when he was ready, not kill everyone in sight etc.) Maybe I am just a Rake fanboy but the (OST/TTH Spoiler)
Spoiler

Seriously though, very cool picture. I love the swirls of darkness coming off the sword (especially the bits coming from the head of the dead Seguleh!). The intricate patterns on the masks are darn near perfect too! One minor point: Is he meant to be looking at the Seguleh closest to us on the left (as we look at it) of the picture? It looks like he is glancing at that Seguleh, when I just feel like he would never take his eyes of the opponent(s).
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#104 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 29 March 2014 - 01:55 PM

Firstly Thanks guys, for my part in it I'm glad you like what we came up with and happy from the response. Artistic licence aside I do like to think OST showed us a lil relaxing of the vs one on one rule, from an Imass no less. Nothing is ever certain I guess.

Tiste Brent Not Abyss Weeks Simeon, on 29 March 2014 - 11:58 AM, said:

Maybe I am just a Rake fanboy but the (OST/TTH Spoiler)
Spoiler

I refuse to open up that can of worms. #Rakelost#dassemowns#southside4life! :p

Seriously though, very cool picture. I love the swirls of darkness coming off the sword (especially the bits coming from the head of the dead Seguleh!). The intricate patterns on the masks are darn near perfect too! One minor point: Is he meant to be looking at the Seguleh closest to us on the left (as we look at it) of the picture? It looks like he is glancing at that Seguleh, when I just feel like he would never take his eyes of the opponent(s).

Ah the intent is read differently and I should have foreseen that. I worked Rakes iris in as pure white to signify super focus so he is actually looking at his opponent, I see how you might read the darkened sclera of rakes eye as his actual eye which I never agree with from an artistic point of view. I like to imagine rakes eye as contrasted against dark almost black sclera to make him seem more monstrous or "alien".
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#105 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 29 March 2014 - 02:19 PM

Dolmen Weeks, on 29 March 2014 - 01:55 PM, said:

Firstly Thanks guys, for my part in it I'm glad you like what we came up with and happy from the response. Artistic licence aside I do like to think OST showed us a lil relaxing of the vs one on one rule, from an Imass no less. Nothing is ever certain I guess.

Spoiler

I refuse to open up that can of worms. #Rakelost#dassemowns#southside4life! ;)

Don't worry I'm secure enough in my rightness to know that you're in the wrong (and that's OK too... I still love you!! :p)

Ah the intent is read differently and I should have foreseen that. I worked Rakes iris in as pure white to signify super focus so he is actually looking at his opponent, I see how you might read the darkened sclera of rakes eye as his actual eye which I never agree with from an artistic point of view. I like to imagine rakes eye as contrasted against dark almost black sclera to make him seem more monstrous or "alien".

Don't worry, I fixed it for you, using a couple of very subtle techniques and the latest picture editing software (hardly noticeable!):

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Tiste Brent Not Abyss Weeks Simeon: 29 March 2014 - 02:21 PM

A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#106 User is offline   High House Dark 

• Gooseberry Extraordinaire

Posted 29 March 2014 - 02:43 PM

YAAAAAAAAY the beautiful collab. Dolmen did all the work, I just bossed him around XD
Currently re-reading the entire series and waiting for Fall of Light. You can catch me in the chat to win a drawing request!~MISANDRY FOR LIFE MUAHAHA~

#107 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:29 PM

Posted Image

Well been at this for a while. gonna call it done now. Thanks again to Kaamos and Conceptart. We have Rucket (Left) tehol (centre) and Bugg (right)

Cheers.

Next I think I'll try Stormy and Ges. Gonna see what I can find.

^_^

This post has been edited by Dolmen Weeks: 21 April 2014 - 05:27 PM

“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#108 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:11 PM

Ooh, Rucket is pretty sexy!! ^_^
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#109 User is offline   Jordy Knoop 

• Recruit
  • Interests:Art, Drumming, Sculpting, Reading, Fitness, Skateboarding, Painting

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:46 PM

Lovely stuff man! Some solid improvement in your work. Loving the colours you are using!

#110 User is offline   Son of Father Light 

• Recruit
  • Interests:Boxing, MMA and Football( not the crappy American version). Obviously reading too.

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:23 PM

Wow. Been a blast reading through this page. SE and ICE should have commissioned you for covers- instead of the generic ones I've seen. Amazing art. And the fact that you have managed to capture exactly how I picture these characters is the most brilliant part !
Witness !

#111 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 18 September 2014 - 10:39 AM

Tiste Simeon, on 29 March 2014 - 02:19 PM, said:

Dolmen Weeks, on 29 March 2014 - 01:55 PM, said:

Spoiler

I refuse to open up that can of worms. #Rakelost#dassemowns#southside4life! :)

Don't worry I'm secure enough in my rightness to know that you're in the wrong (and that's OK too... I still love you!! :))

Don't worry, I fixed it for you, using a couple of very subtle techniques and the latest picture editing software (hardly noticeable!):

Posted Image

Wow! I need an undoctored version of this ASAP! That is easily your best work for me Dolmen!

I've decided to put my money where my mouth is and am currently trolling my way through the Art forum, looking for new additions to the homepage rotation - you guys have done well! I'm so pleased! I have to say my current selections have been mostly Nobbs with Dolmen a distant second - it's absolutley fantastic to see you progress Dolmen, an exceedingly rare treat

Anyway, please post or PM me the best version of this that you have - I looked through the entire thread and couldn't find one that Simeon hadn't scrawled on.

This post has been edited by Malaclypse: 18 September 2014 - 10:40 AM

#112 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 20 September 2014 - 01:16 PM

It's the previous page to this one, last post. Or maybe not if you are using a different number of posts per page but I am currently on 6 pages for this thread and the last post on page 5 is the original picture.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#113 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 20 September 2014 - 03:13 PM

The link to the original on Deviantart 404's.

#114 User is offline   Corporal Nobbs 

• First Sword

Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:18 AM

Here it is
Blacksword Visits
Rejoice. For very bad things are about to happen

#115 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:59 AM

SPOILERS MOI - Do not look if you haven't read.

Someone needs to do the scene at the end of MoI with QB and Paran in
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Whisperzzzzzzz: 21 September 2014 - 04:00 AM

#116 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User

Posted 23 September 2014 - 10:40 PM

Better - someone needs to do the scene where Brood is considering ending civilisation, Korlat despairing under a dripping, crumbling Moon's Spawn, a battle raging in the distant background - Trake's Legion as a giant tiger, Quick Ben on a rise casting..something, explosions, K'ell Hunters, demon-stuffed vultures, Great Ravens, Moranth, etc etc etc

Also, thanks Nobbs!

This post has been edited by Malaclypse: 23 September 2014 - 10:43 PM

#117 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 24 September 2014 - 01:38 AM

Malaclypse, on 23 September 2014 - 10:40 PM, said:

Better - someone needs to do the scene where Brood is considering ending civilisation, Korlat despairing under a dripping, crumbling Moon's Spawn, a battle raging in the distant background - Trake's Legion as a giant tiger, Quick Ben on a rise casting..something, explosions, K'ell Hunters, demon-stuffed vultures, Great Ravens, Moranth, etc etc etc

Also, thanks Nobbs!

I feel like that would end up looking like a Where's Waldo? illustration.

#118 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User

Posted 24 September 2014 - 09:44 AM

Yeah, it certainly could end up that way, but it's a valid scene - all that shit is going on at the same time - it could be brilliant if done brilliantly ;)

#119 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 26 September 2014 - 12:18 PM

I think I'd part with considerable amounts of money for a decent quality print of that!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#120 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User

Posted 27 September 2014 - 02:57 PM

Tiste Simeon, on 26 September 2014 - 12:18 PM, said:

I think I'd part with considerable amounts of money for a decent quality print of that!

This is one thing we can agree on :)

Share this topic:

• 21 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users