Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Reputation FAQs?

#1 User is offline   Soletaken Toblakai 

• Corporal
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:23 PM

I've been looking for the FAQ option but I can't seem to find it anywhere(and i'm pretty sure it's hiding in plain sight) so I decided to post this question about Reps; what is it exactly, how do I go about racking them up and what's its purpose?
By the blood of the Eleint... Witness...

#2 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:36 PM

I can't speak for everyone, but the positive rep I've gotten has healed my ulcers, given me six pack abs, changed my oil, made my eyes more handsome and tightened my buns. Other than that, its a pretty innocuous points system of measuring one's proficiency with all things-malaz and, in the case of the off-topic stuff, how cool the rest of the board's membership thinks you are.
Theorizing that one could poop within his own lifetime, Doctor Poopet led an elite group of scientists into the desert to develop a top secret project, known as QUANTUM POOP. Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, Doctor Poopet, prematurely stepped into the Poop Accelerator and vanished. He awoke to find himself in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own. Fortunately, contact with his own bowels was made through brainwave transmissions, with Al the Poop Observer, who appeared in the form of a hologram that only Doctor Poopet could see and hear. Trapped in the past, Doctor Poopet finds himself pooping from life to life, pooping things right, that once went wrong and hoping each time, that his next poop will be the poop home.

#3 User is offline   Soletaken Toblakai 

• Corporal

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:15 PM

Lol, that was very clear, concise and so relevant Stonny, oh, and would you look at that, some Daru went and gave me one for free, suppose i'll have to go thank that person now don't I, against a Toblakai's very nature though, gratitude :-)
By the blood of the Eleint... Witness...

#4 User is offline   Grief 

• Prophet of High House Mafia
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:37 PM

So this is the free rep thread now right?

Also: try the gym.

Cougar said:

Grief, FFS will you do something with your sig, it's bloody awful

worry said:

Grief is right (until we abolish capitalism).

#5 User is offline   Sgt Hellian 

• Recruit

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:39 AM

Ummm, the whole "Rep" thing is still as clear as mud to me.

Sorry, im new too and don't understand it. And I do go to the gym but my rep isn't for a six pack of abs :). Can anyone clear me up on the rep thingee magig?

#6 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:57 AM

http://forum.malazan...229-reputation/

If you say interesting, funny, or insightful things you will possibly be repped. I.e., someone will click on the little green + in the bottom right corner of your post. If you say absolutely idiotic things you will probably get away with it. Half the forum consists of those. If you say something egregious you'll get neg repped and someone will hit the little red - in the bottom right corner of your post.

These add up to imaginary points you can see in your user profile to tell how much the community likes or despises you. Or, far more likely, doesn't really give a damn one way or the other.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#7 User is offline   Sgt Hellian 

• Recruit

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:01 AM

Excellent, thanks heaps for your clarification :) I did wonder what those little things were.

<---- discretely putting my glasses on

#8 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:33 AM

You can turn positive rep in for Bitcoins quarterly.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#9 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:19 AM

View Postworry, on 11 February 2014 - 07:33 AM, said:

Oh man I'd be a millionaire.

#10 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:40 AM

View PostHoosierDaddy, on 11 February 2014 - 05:57 AM, said:

If you say interesting, funny, or insightful things you will possibly be repped. I.e., someone will click on the little green + in the bottom right corner of your post. If you say absolutely idiotic things you will probably get away with it. Half the forum consists of those. If you say something egregious you'll get neg repped and someone will hit the little red - in the bottom right corner of your post.

These add up to imaginary points you can see in your user profile to tell how much the community likes or despises you. Or, far more likely, doesn't really give a damn one way or the other.

Being Abyss gives a passive +75% chance for getting green rep.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#11 User is offline   Tarthenal Theloman Toblakai 

• Engineer Extraordinaire!
  • Interests:Engineering, books, films, gaming, gym, running, mountain biking

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:06 PM

View PostMaybe Apt, on 11 February 2014 - 08:19 AM, said:

View Postworry, on 11 February 2014 - 07:33 AM, said:

Oh man I'd be a millionaire.

Not if the value keeps plummeting, the bottom seems to have fallen out of the bitcoin surge and things are looking a little rocky for the currency currently
"There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail — should we fall — we will know that we have lived." ― Anomander Rake, Son of Darkness

#12 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:19 PM

View PostGothos, on 11 February 2014 - 08:40 AM, said:

View PostHoosierDaddy, on 11 February 2014 - 05:57 AM, said:

Being Abyss gives a passive +75% chance for getting green rep.

AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT!

(now everyone rep this post and watch Gothos go headsplodey.)
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

5 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users