Malazan Empire: Iron Man vs Wolverine - Malazan Empire

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Iron Man vs Wolverine

Poll: Iron Man vs Wolverine (35 member(s) have cast votes)

Iron Man or Wolverine?

1. Iron Man (9 votes [25.71%])

Percentage of vote: 25.71%

2. Wolverine (26 votes [74.29%])

Percentage of vote: 74.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:53 PM

Iron Man or Wolverine.

The Wolverine has been sighted far too often in our beloved Malazan Universe, and many factions are just plain tired of seeing his wooly side-burns.

13 bad-ass wyZardz from the Warren Badass call down a god to help purge the land from this annoying menace.

Choose who wins.

If Iron Man wins, Abyss is banned from mentioning Wolverine ever again.

If Wolverine wins, may god have mercy on our souls.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#2 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:34 PM

You do realise that Abyss is able to edit this poll with his unholy mod powers, right?

Anyway, unless Iron man is unconscious or really, really distracted there's not really a lot of hope for Wolverine in a straight up fight with Iron man. He has too many gadgets and sensors in his suit and, if it's Extremis Stark, then he's also connected to the entire communications network of the world, meaning he can see and hear Wolverine on the other side of the planet.

Iron mans suit is programmed with strategies for any encounter with any super hero. Wolverine may be a sly fox when he wants to be but lets face it when it comes down to it, his approach to combat will not work against Iron man.

#3 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:36 PM

I wouldn't choose Iron Man over a bag of old gym socks. He sucks.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#4 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:29 PM

I feel that everyone voting for Iron Man should be Banned.

ABYSS MAKE IT SO!!!!!!
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#5 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:40 PM

Lol.

No cheating, Abyss!

Wolverine is getting retired!
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

- Maynard James Keenan

#6 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:45 PM

View PostCrustaceous Apt, on 04 September 2013 - 07:34 PM, said:

You do realise that Abyss is able to edit this poll with his unholy mod powers, right?

Anyway, unless Iron man is unconscious or really, really distracted there's not really a lot of hope for Wolverine in a straight up fight with Iron man. He has too many gadgets and sensors in his suit and, if it's Extremis Stark, then he's also connected to the entire communications network of the world, meaning he can see and hear Wolverine on the other side of the planet.

Iron mans suit is programmed with strategies for any encounter with any super hero. Wolverine may be a sly fox when he wants to be but lets face it when it comes down to it, his approach to combat will not work against Iron man.

Sucks to be Wolverine, then!

Maybe Abyss should have thought this out before dragging a scruffy-faced warrior to do his clean up. It was only a matter of time before Wolverine would be challenged after he so blatantly interferes with so many outstanding battles between solid class fighters.

Cause and Effect!

- Maynard James Keenan

#7 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:15 AM

Clawed Ninja.

Let me slow that down. A ninja...with claws.

Chuck Norris was a ninja once, then ninja got better. The result was a bullet munching, super healing, bulletproof, phoenix loving, immortal clawed ninja. With claws.

Needless to say I vote for the guy handing the walking laser turret his ass on a daily basis. Oh you thought i meant Iron mammy right? Nope. Ask cyclops about iT. I'm sure pepper would help jean grey explain. Its all about the smoooth moves, and the experience. oh and the small fact that wolverine is a ninja.

With claws.
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#8 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:22 AM

Wait? You think Wolverine hands Cyclops his ass on any given day?

Cyclops has thrown down with Wolverine numerous times, claws out and everything and still lived.

This is a pretty big picture but its a good summary:
Spoiler

If Wolverine wanted to kill Iron Man I am sure he could plan an assassination that was likely to work. Some kind of super EMP coupled with strategically placed explosives, some stinger missiles, etc. but that would not be a kind of one on one we are talking about. In a fight where Wolverine closes with Iron Man he basically gets one shot, that wont hit if Iron Mans suit is working, and then Wolverine gets blasted across town. Iron Mans suit makes him one of the fastest, strongest, most versatile fighters in the Marvel Universe. He can just hover 10 meters above ground and blast Wolverine all day if he felt like it.

This post has been edited by Crustaceous Apt: 05 September 2013 - 05:22 AM

#9 User is offline   Ulrik 

• Highest Marshall of Mott Irregulars
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:00 AM

Logan wil SNIKT him till battery level in shield drops and then SNIKT his head off with helmet. To save his face. (See what I did there?)

And he has whole "im not getting old soon" lifetime to do it... but Stark will die if not from SNIKT, from alcoholism. Maybe it take few years, but Logan wins.

Case closed.
Adept Ulrik - Highest Marshall of Quick Ben's Irregulars
Being optimistic´s worthless if it means ignoring the suffering of this world. Worse than worthless. It´s bloody evil.
- Fiddler

#10 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:44 AM

Are you assuming that Iron Man just stands there and lets wolverine wail on his magical deflector shield? Why would he do that? All he'd need to do was punch Wolverine once and he lands in the next county.

#11 User is offline   Kanese S's 

• TMI Frigate Bird of Low House PEN
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:54 AM

Can Wolverine fly?

Nope?

I see.
Laseen did nothing wrong.

I demand Telorast & Curdle plushies.

#12 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:10 AM

You are all missing the point. Ninja.

One who stealth kills in the night. Yeah cyclops could pummel Wolverine face to face but wolvie gets at him sideways. Again I ask the audience to refer to pepper grey conundrum or the mary j pott hypothesis.
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#13 User is offline   the broken 

• Fist

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:42 PM

Whoever brings a big magnet wins

#14 User is offline   Ulrik 

• Highest Marshall of Mott Irregulars
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:21 PM

View PostCrustaceous Apt, on 05 September 2013 - 09:44 AM, said:

Are you assuming that Iron Man just stands there and lets wolverine wail on his magical deflector shield? Why would he do that? All he'd need to do was punch Wolverine once and he lands in the next county.

And he comes back. And back. And back. As I said...it will take time, but in the end, Stark loses, Logan lives. Deal with it. Mouthy alcoholic billionaire is no match...:(
Adept Ulrik - Highest Marshall of Quick Ben's Irregulars
Being optimistic´s worthless if it means ignoring the suffering of this world. Worse than worthless. It´s bloody evil.
- Fiddler

#15 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:09 PM

Wait. Are you arguing that this is a war and it doesn't matter who wins the first battle? Because that sort of defeats the point of the discussion. You're basically saying that Wolverine wins because in your scenario, for some reason, Iron Man doesn't either kill, immobilize or in some other way detains Wolverine. Giving Wolverine an unlimited amount of tries. How does this make sense? It's a versus match. Winner takes all. There are no retries. Iron Man either punches Wolverine so hard his brain jellifies inside his skull or he just blasts him with enough power to tear the skin off his bones. Either way Wolverine is out.

#16 User is offline   Studlock 

• First Sword

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:33 PM

I think it would depend on the suit Iron Man is wearing and how much Wolverine can heal himself. If it was say, an earlier Iron Man suit vs god mode healing factor Wolverine the win goes to Wolverine. A better suit (say the bleeding edge one) vs normal Wolverine, Iron man. If it's godmode Wolverine vs better tech it might come down to a war of attrition, who runs out first? Does Wolverine get tired or does Iron Man run out of power?

#17 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:59 PM

You're taking the fact of Wolverine's innate superiority really really hard Brujah. Why is that i wonder? Did a short hairy Canadian steal your girlfriend? Maybe you slipped on some maple syrup? Iron Man diet sups not working out? What's this REALLY about???

Regardless, your thinking is narrow and sadly unrealistic.

Here's why: On a base level, Iron Man can fly up a mile high and just fire repulsor blasts down on whomever he's fighting until they're sauce if they can't fly or otherwise get at him. So sure, Tony has a superficial edge as a starting point.

But sooner or later he has to land to recharge, and meanwhile, what does Logan do... all together now... HE HEALS. And then we're back at it.

The above graphics re Logan vs Cyke raise a different point... in theory Cyke could keep pummling Wolverine just as Tony could. BUT, and this is a huge but.,. in each of those fights Logan was doing the passionate pissed off straightforward attack thing. He never actually wanted to kill Cyke, just beat him senseless. Full ninja-mode and aiming to kill, i'm pretty sure Scott would be toast. Sliced toast. But all that's an aside...

Let's get into why Wolverine REALLY wins...

Tony Stark: wears really nifty armor. Occassionally has it nanobotted into him.
Logan: adamantium covered skeleton.

So going with a straight out head to head fight and Tony hits from orbit, sure... ADVANTAGE STARK, and
if we're going with full ninja Logan looking for a kill, it's ADVANTAGE LOGAN.

So we're tie. Here's where things get interesting...

... if we remove both sets of artificial additions, we have...

Physical
Stark: Athlete. Smart.
Logan: healing factor. Super senses. Claws.

ADVANTAGE LOGAN.

Ego
Stark: Multi-millionaire. Flashy with his cash. Lives the playboy lifestyle.
Logan: Multi-millionaire. Buys whatever he wants but doesn't flash the cash. Doesn't need to.

ADVANTAGE LOGAN.

Fiscal responsibility
Stark: Has been bankrupt at least twice, lost his company a bunch of times.
Logan: Never had money issues.

ADVANTAGE LOGAN.

Sex
Stark: Madam Masque. Pepper Potts. Supermodels. Criminal masterminds. Bodyguards. Secretaries. Mostly supermodels.
Logan: Mystique. Domino. Madam Hydra. Jean Grey (alt realities count). Storm. Tyger Tiger. Criminal masterminds. Ninja. Yakuza. Spies. Superheroes. Mercenaries. Assassins. Aliens. Mutants.

I say advantage Logan, but we'll be generous and call this one a draw, because...

Matrimony
Stark: nope. never. not once.
Logan: Mariko Yashida. Madam Hydra. Arguably Silverfox.

ADVANTAGE LOGAN. ...Notwithstanding how all of those turned outyou can't say he's afraid of comitment ...

Team
Stark: The Avengers.
Logan: X-Men. Weapon X. Fantastic Four (no, really).

ADVANTAGE LOGAN

Actors
Stark: Downey Jr. Four movies.
Logan: Hugh Jackman. Five movies.

We'll call this one a draw because X-Men 3 and Wolverine Origin really should have never happened but Downey is an ex crackhead.

...but i am not yet done...

Character Weaknesses
Stark: Alcohol. Vanity.
Logan: Berserker kill rage.

ADVANTAGE LOGAN

Hulked out
Stark: That Hulkbuster armor just keeps getting trashed.
Logan: Has stabbed Hulk in the face more times than anyone.

ADVANTAGE LOGAN

Punished
Stark: Has his depowered ass saved by Punisher in Rise of the Technivore.
Logan: Hit the Punisher in the nads.

ADVANTAGE LOGAN

Catch phrase
Stark: I'm Iron Man.
Logan: 'snikt'.

ADVANTAGE LOGAN

Alcohol Tolerance.

...oh who are we kidding? ADVANTAGE LOGAN

I could go on, but i suspect that the point is clear... i don't need any modninja powers for this one, because WOLVERINE WINS.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#18 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:19 PM

Didn't read any other responses - Wolverine executes Iron Man straight up easy, like it was nothing. Anyone with a fully-functioning adult brain and a basic understanding of the personalities involved knows that. This is not even a genuine contest. Wolverine's advantages are far far too much for Iron Man to even begin to think about coping with.

#19 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:01 PM

Really there's only three ways this can go down - Iron Man goes after Wolverine first, Logan goes after Stark first, or they both go after each other simultaneously. And only one of those lets Wolverine win, due to the unfortunate handicap of his inability to fly as well as lack of range. And also his inability to either breathe in space or survive inside a star once Stark fires him into the Sun.

2/3rds of the possible beginnings leave the man with the repelling beams on each hand able to stop the angry hairy midget with claws from getting close enough to do fuck all. I mean seriously Spiderman completely ruins Wolverine every single time and you think Iron Man can't handle him?
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#20 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:04 PM

In addition to all this Iron-man is always operating from a tactical superiority of technology but is in fact really one of the most fragile characters of the Marvel universe. I don't know how far along his condition has gotten in the comics but he has had numerous heart conditions aggravated by failures in tech or the stress of operating the Iron Man at full capacity for long periods of time. The greatest allure of iron man is that through sheer technical genius Iron Man can be, for a limited time only a virtual God of War. but that omnipotency has a very iffy limit slapped on to it and many times the suit becomes trouble for stark in conditions Stark has not planned ahead for. A lot behind this is factored around who is coming for who.

Someone like Cyclops would have a much harder time fighting a Wolverine with focus who doesn't make the obvious era of taking Cyclops head on. I read some of the situations Cyclops uses to take on the whole X-men. he had to rig the entire situation to his benefit , aided by a good strategy and a telepathic link with jean rendering Wolverine, his main threat useless in a simulated Jungle. even then he recognized blasting the guy till kingdom come is not a good option because Wolverine builds resistances to prolonged exposure to negative conditions. Its part of his Survival oriented mutation. The way I see it you get one shot to really get it right against characters like Wolverine. Any attempt after will lead to Wolverine killing you.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users