• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Eclipse Games Four+ Discussion and potentials

#41 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:41 PM

This is something I really want to avoid having to do in game 4.

View PostGalactic Council, on 07 August 2013 - 03:31 PM, said:

Through Turn 5. Waiting on SS to start turn 6. We have provisionals for turn 6 up to GP.

SolidSnape:

1. RESEARCHES Improved Hull for 3 Science.
2. Flips all 3 colony cards for 3 science and then RESEARCHES Quantum Grid technology.
3. UPGRADES cruiser blueprint, replacing the old Drive with the Fusion Drive and the Hull with Improved Hull.
4. RESEARCHES Warp Portal Technology for 8 Materials.
5. UPGRADES dreadnought with 2 plasma cannons.
Not a legal build on the dread

Tapper:

1: research Fighter Bays on the middle track.
2: update dread: drive from 3 -> 6, fighter bays over ion cannon, drive 2 hexes over drive 1 hex.
3: build 3 cruisers in Homeworld (#230)
4: pass
5. no reaction
6. no reaction (assumption by me based on previous comments)

Twelve:

Action 1: Research Positron Computers
-(3$/17S/23M Upkeep -7)

Action 2: Research Fusion Source
-(3$/13S/23M Upkeep -10)

Action 3: Upgrade - Remove both electron computers, place a positron computer in the blank slot and a flux missile over the ion cannon
-(3$/13S/23M Upkeep -13)

Action 4: Upgrade
-Place positron computer over ion cannon on the starbase blueprint
-Place positron computer on interceptor blueprint on blank slot
-(3$/13S/23M Upkeep -17)

action 5: Research tachyon drive for 6 science. upkeep -21
action 6: Research antimatter cannons upkeep -25

IHCF (Intragalactic House of Crunchy Foods)

1 - Research - Cloaking Device (trade 6 money -> 4 science). Put on top track.
2 - Build two interceptors in 301.
3 - Pass
4 - no reaction
5 - no reaction
6 - no reaction (assumption by me)

Gnawkhell:

1. RESEARCH Plasma Missile for 11 science
2. Upgrade cruiser: fusion source > nuclear source and fusion drive > nuclear drive
3. Build 1 cruiser and 1 interceptor in Delta Eridani
4. Pass
5. no reaction
6. no reaction (fairly safe assumption by me)

GP Tatts
  • Research Anti Matter Cannons - 1 Money, 11 science, 9 materials, upkeep -5
  • Research Quantum Grid - 1 Money, 3 science, 9 materials, upkeep - 3
  • Upgrade interceptor fusion source in blank spot, tachyon drive instead of normal drive. - 5 upkeep.
  • Move Dreadnought in Altair, Hex 223 into Eta Gemamorium (with other Dread) -7 Upkeep - Colonise Money planet on Mu Arae
  • Build 2 interceptors in PSI Capricorni Hex 210

Morgoth:

1. Research - fusion source
2. Upgrade - fusion source on dread and cruiser
3. Pass
4. no reaction
5. no reaction (assumption on my part)

D'rek:

1 - INFluence Beta Delphini
--Colonize both slots wit money cubes
--Flip up two colony ships

2 - RESearch Starbases

3 - RESearch Advanced Labs
--Colonize the materials planet in ETa Geminorum, and the advanced science slots in Lamda Formacis and Mu Herculis

4 - INFluence.
--Flip up two colony ships.
--Colonize the advanced science slot in Fomalhaut and the materials slot in Beta Centauri.
5 - MOVe Dreadnaught in Beta Centauri to Eta Cephei

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#42 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:47 PM

I think the 2-thread system might help eliminate the need for doing big summary posts like that.

On a different note, would anyone be interested in trying to do a rapid game all in one afternoon/evening on a weekend sometime using the chatroom?

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#43 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:53 PM

View PostD, on 07 August 2013 - 03:47 PM, said:

I think the 2-thread system might help eliminate the need for doing big summary posts like that.

On a different note, would anyone be interested in trying to do a rapid game all in one afternoon/evening on a weekend sometime using the chatroom?

How many hours would you think that would take and what time GMT would you think it start and finish? I'm interested.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#44 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:58 PM

View PostGanoes Paran, on 07 August 2013 - 03:53 PM, said:

View PostD, on 07 August 2013 - 03:47 PM, said:

How many hours would you think that would take and what time GMT would you think it start and finish? I'm interested.

Probably somewhere between 30-60 minutes per player. If I were modding, I can generate new images of the board and post them online fairly quickly, so that wouldn't slow it down much. It'd be only for people who have played here before, so hopefully there wouldn't be any points where we get stuck debating rules or whatever.

I think the time to do it would have to be the euro-evening/NA-afternoon time. Like 6pm-GMT/noon-EST so no one has to be up too early or go to bed too late.

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#45 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:00 PM

I'd be in for that.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#46 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:34 PM

Yeah if I was free that weekend I'd do that. Wouldn't it be easiest to do it via Skype?

#47 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:46 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 07 August 2013 - 04:34 PM, said:

Yeah if I was free that weekend I'd do that. Wouldn't it be easiest to do it via Skype?

Well, whatever tool. I just picked the chat here because we're all already here. And as an admin you could always make a secondary one just for us if it was getting too noisy with other people in there.

#48 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:02 PM

I'm not sure the ip chat plugin is that flexible, but yeah I'm sure something could be sorted out.

#49 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:23 PM

It sounds like fun but there is no way I can get away for that many hours on the weekend for anything other than work and even that is a pain to do. Young children and all. Very time intensive.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#50 User is offline   Solidsnape 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Playing Guitar/Ukulele/Banjolele, reading, music, Wing Chun Kuen, my 2 boys and my wonderful GF.
  • From good 'ol Newcastle upon Tyne.

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:54 PM

View Posttwelve, on 07 August 2013 - 05:23 PM, said:

It sounds like fun but there is no way I can get away for that many hours on the weekend for anything other than work and even that is a pain to do. Young children and all. Very time intensive.

Fuck the kids!!
I would be up for that. If the timing was right. Weeknight is probably best. Though I'll need to get my PC working first.
"If you seek the crumpled bones of the T'lan Imass,
gather into one hand the sands of Raraku"
The Holy Desert
- Anonymous.

#51 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:16 PM

It would be very cool. With the proviso that family comes first. Some of y'all have children. I have my father and "how does the dvr work again". ;)
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#52 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:41 PM

View PostSolidsnape, on 07 August 2013 - 06:54 PM, said:

Fuck the kids!!
I would be up for that. If the timing was right. Weeknight is probably best. Though I'll need to get my PC working first.

No, it would have to be a weekend. People have jobs, and NA weeknight would be middle of the night for the euros.

View PostGnaw, on 07 August 2013 - 07:16 PM, said:

It would be very cool. With the proviso that family comes first. Some of y'all have children. I have my father and "how does the dvr work again". ;)

A few little "back in 5, I gotta go switch the laundry" and such would be fine, but the idea is that everyone would be present and responsive throughout. No "back in 40 minutes while I take the kids to soccer" because if everyone has to do that at diffeent times it just wouldn't work. Though a single big everyone-break-at-once halfway through for lunch/supper might be a good idea.

Obviously emergency situations take precedence. But if you cannot dedicate a continuous stretch of mostly-uninterrupted time for it then sorry but this is not for you. It wouldn't work otherwise.That's what the drawn out thread games we've been doing are for.

This post has been edited by D'rek: 07 August 2013 - 07:45 PM

#53 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:45 PM

I'd be up for a quickfire game, though scheduling in some free weekend time might be a bit tricky for me.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#54 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:57 PM

View PostD, on 07 August 2013 - 07:41 PM, said:

Fuck the kids!!

No, it would have to be a weekend. People have jobs, and NA weeknight would be middle of the night for the euros.

A few little "back in 5, I gotta go switch the laundry" and such would be fine, but the idea is that everyone would be present and responsive throughout. No "back in 40 minutes while I take the kids to soccer" because if everyone has to do that at diffeent times it just wouldn't work. Though a single big everyone-break-at-once halfway through for lunch/supper might be a good idea.

Obviously emergency situations take precedence. But if you cannot dedicate a continuous stretch of mostly-uninterrupted time for it then sorry but this is not for you. It wouldn't work otherwise.That's what the drawn out thread games we've been doing are for.

Hence as much as I would love a sped up version of what we've been doing I just don't think I could do it. It would take a "My sister bought tickets for me and the kids to come visit her in Atlanta for two weeks" For me to be able to get enough me time to do this.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#55 User is offline   Solidsnape 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Playing Guitar/Ukulele/Banjolele, reading, music, Wing Chun Kuen, my 2 boys and my wonderful GF.
  • From good 'ol Newcastle upon Tyne.

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:35 PM

Fuck the kids!!

?
How very dare you.
"If you seek the crumpled bones of the T'lan Imass,
gather into one hand the sands of Raraku"
The Holy Desert
- Anonymous.

#56 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:50 AM

I could maybe "host it". I have enough apple products that I could put the SVG file onscreen on my iMac. Point an iPad with Skype at it. And use my laptop to play. I can control the iMac from the laptop so there wouldn't be any "move your shoulder so I can see the left corner".

I'd just have to experiment to find out how clear the picture would be.

Or look into what programs are available that would send video of the screen through the tubes. With that y'all would find out how annoying my habit of doing figure 8s with the cursor is. ;)

#57 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:32 AM

View PostGnaw, on 08 August 2013 - 01:50 AM, said:

I could maybe "host it". I have enough apple products that I could put the SVG file onscreen on my iMac. Point an iPad with Skype at it. And use my laptop to play. I can control the iMac from the laptop so there wouldn't be any "move your shoulder so I can see the left corner".

Or look into what programs are available that would send video of the screen through the tubes. With that y'all would find out how annoying my habit of doing figure 8s with the cursor is. ;)

If you want to, but I don't mind doing it with just the image system I had running last game, making updates about once every one or two full rotations of the board.

#58 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:06 AM

D said:

1375929154[/url]' post='1077397']

Gnaw said:

1375926634[/url]' post='1077383']

D said:

1375904488[/url]' post='1077225']

If you want to, but I don't mind doing it with just the image system I had running last game, making updates about once every one or two full rotations of the board.

I didn't know you had an image system last game. Whatever works

#59 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:47 PM

Did some editing to the OP. Please check it out and back feed.

#60 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:41 AM

Looks good, I especially like the closed race selection and a different player choosing the order of rotation round 1.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users